Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861255 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jermaie0009: 10:04am On Apr 14, 2021
Good morning, I was told by an agent that to get study visa 2 to Canada that my chances are slim because I am 29 .... want to apply for a postgraduate diploma, how true is this?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:11am On Apr 14, 2021
Yk45:

Why won't Palm oil be allowed, they shouldn't play with my feelings. People that have travelled please what foodstuff wont be allowed ooo�

palm oil isn't allowed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 10:17am On Apr 14, 2021
Jermaie0009:
Good morning, I was told by an agent that to get study visa 2 to Canada that my chances are slim because I am 29 .... want to apply for a postgraduate diploma, how true is this?

Your agent is not God neither is he the VO who will attend to your file. Agents are dream killers, At age 29 there are 101% chances of you getting your study visa if you are able to gather the right documents. From my point of view i will advise you search for a school yourself and follow up with the admission by yourself because one thing is getting the admission another thing been able to gather the right documents. If you are able to do this, relax and see how God will surprise you.

I haven’t gotten my study visa, infact, I’m waiting to be called for medicals, but at the same time i will not allow any agent discourage anyone from their dreams.

Mind you, Agents are after their personal pocket and nothing more

It shall end in praises.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 10:34am On Apr 14, 2021
tumababa:

Pls i want to confirm. Did you submit your statement of account normally by just uploading or yiu used Mybankstatement feature?

I submitted statement of account backed up with reference letter from bank. I also explained that my bank dosn't issue/generate MBS for joint bank account as that was what I presented.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:49am On Apr 14, 2021
Jermaie0009:
Lori IRO.... cheesy

The agent is Wrong about that, but make sure there is an Academic/Career Progression on any Program you are going for in Canada

If you are a Masters degree holder, work towards applying for PHD program related to what you did in your Masters

If you have a 2.1/Masters and you insist on going for a Post Graduate Diploma, you need to convince a Visa Officer on your SOP why you are going for a PGD instead of a Masters (as a 2.1)/PHD(as a Masters degree holder), cos if you don't, there are chances they would see your purpose of Visit to Canada (to study) as not GENUINE and they will easily have the impression you want to elope to Canada via the study Route.

The gurus can give you some more tips on this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KRTL: 10:53am On Apr 14, 2021
One day one day sha...I will drop my testimony here by Gods grace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 14, 2021
oyibo4real:

I submitted statement of account backed up with reference letter from bank. I also explained that my bank dosn't issue/generate MBS for joint bank account as that was what I presented.

oh great. how many weeks did the process take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 11:26am On Apr 14, 2021
tinuowo:
Hello House!

While I was searching for schools i found this school CIMT college Canada. I like the course because it is what I really want to study but their tuition fee is high.
The school also promised to help with job search upon completion .. how true is this? Is anyone familiar with the school?
Program Name – Data Analyticsand Business Intelligence
Duration –52 weeks
Total Tuition fees – CAD $21,248.75
Instalment 1 – CAD $5,312.19
Instalment 2 – CAD $5,312.19
Instalment 3 – CAD $5,312.19
Instalment 4 – CAD $5,312.19

CIMT College will be happy to assist you with your work permit application through the LMIA process. The other pathway open to international students is PGWP. Let me explain to you the difference between a PGWP and WP.
If you are interested in a PGWP - you must study in a university/ community college for a longer duration, Apply for a PGWP, once approved find a job on your own in the field of study. Universities do not provide you with job assistance.
The tuition fees in university is approx 60,000 CAD and their graduation rates are less than 60%. Also, since you are expected to take 4/5 courses at once, you have no time to work part time. We have many students who drop out and join us as we help them find employers ready to sponsor their LMIA. Please read more about LMIA on the official IRCC website.You may be eligible to stay for upto 2 years with this method and work full time.
Hello everyone,
I just looked up CIMT on the Designated Learning Institutions(DLI) list on the Canadian immigration website. This school is not eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit, which means that any international student who goes there would be ineligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit after their studies and would have to return back to their country. Please to anyone who is applying to a university or college in Canada, always check if your school qualifies for a PGWP using this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html#wb-auto-25.

May our village people not follow us!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RoyalDukeDon: 11:28am On Apr 14, 2021
Please is it okay if a high school graduate apply for one year pre science certificate course?

Is it a progression ? Or is not advisable please help !!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lovethchisom(f): 11:51am On Apr 14, 2021
Good day all

Please those that raised MBS with First bank. Is there any slip given to you to submit or you just printed your SOA.
They told me that they will be the one to send it to Embassy.

Thanks all, i await your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tourphland(m): 11:53am On Apr 14, 2021
Please how do one start the process of obtaining study permit. I just got admitted and the program starts by August. Is there any chances of still making it for the masters?

Also, is it compulsory one pays full tuition at once, and also can a brother (not in country) serve as sponsor for financial statements and all to apply for the study permit

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2021
tourphland:
Please how do one start the process of obtaining study permit. I just got admitted and the program starts by August. Is there any chances of still making it for the masters?
See this

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/498#100664876

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jephehe: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2021
Hello,

Reach Frankrobbn1, he has helped numerous applicants to facilitate their payments at affordable rates less than cbn rate of #411. And it's swift.

You will be glad you did.

Bye

quote author=emmalextemtop post=100768177]Hello!

1)Please who has use flywire to pay tuition fee before and what was the procedure?

2)And then to pay through one's bank, what is the procedure too?
Anyone please.

To pay is about giving me an headache...[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tourphland(m): 11:55am On Apr 14, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tourphland(m): 12:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
Can I use bank statement of someone outside the country for the NSE route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by prospectiveapp: 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
Hello NL

Please who has gotten any response from MUN for Employment relations program and recently just applied for the Fall 2021intake

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ade2303: 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2021
Hello all, please I need some clarifications regarding admission. (Asking for someone)

He has completed a ND and HND in physics and electronics in 2018 with a lower credit
He’s 29 years old

He’s aim is to live in Canada at the end of his studies there, but the problem now is which admission is best suitable for his level of study without bringing confusion later to the VO about his purpose of visit?

Will a PGD be a good option? If yes, can you recommend schools that offer that course for the PGD?

Will getting admitted as an advanced entry student be a good option (I.e joining as an undergraduate but starting in year 2 or 3 of the program)? If yes, can you recommend some schools that he can get admitted to with his results?

And finally, will stating from year 1 as an undergraduate not be a red flag to the VO in securing a Study permit with his age? If No, please recommend some schools that offer that course with high acceptance rate.

I’ll be glad to hear from the gurus and be advised too.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Evergeen22: 12:26pm On Apr 14, 2021
This wait and silence from the Canadian embassy is just frustrating.
Please what can I do, I applied since January, I ve done the upfront medicals and biometrics.

Please is there any method to fasten this up a little bit. Before you know it now April will finish and they’re still reviewing the documents.

Please help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2021
TundeTheHunter:
Hello everyone,
I just looked up CIMT on the Designated Learning Institutions(DLI) list on the Canadian immigration website. This school is not eligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit, which means that any international student who goes there would be ineligible for a Post Graduate Work Permit after their studies and would have to return back to their country. Please to anyone who is applying to a university or college in Canada, always check if your school qualifies for a PGWP using this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html#wb-auto-25.

May our village people not follow us!

Wooooow!!!! Never knew this...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
RoyalDukeDon:
Funds available for your stay is the funds that will be showing on your statement.
Which school did you apply to ?

University of Alberta.
Pleade could you explain further, what statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 12:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
Olubs80:

Please which school is this?

University of Alberta
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 1:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
Evergeen22:
This wait and silence from the Canadian embassy is just frustrating.
Please what can I do, I applied since January, I ve done the upfront medicals and biometrics.

Please is there any method to fasten this up a little bit. Before you know it now April will finish and they’re still reviewing the documents.

Please help
Guy, I am in the same boat as you. I applied first week of February and I am still waiting. I would just advise you to take your mind off it. Get busy with work, learning a skill or trading online or something. If you just wait and keep on checking your portal everyday the anxiety can kill you. There is nothing you can do to speed the process up to the best of my knowledge.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Patricknetter: 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Hello
Good evening
Pls I want to apply for my study permit application but my original waec result is not yet out but I only hv the print out... Pls will that be a problem when applying or causing me denial for visa? Pls I need u guys assistance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Naijaforeigner: 2:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
oyibo4real:

Walahi this life funny, I've gotten what I've been praying for, now am stuck with indecision. It is well indeed.

@Naijaforeigner please come oo, your girl has made it grin. Abeg I need ginger, make una pardon me bikonu.

Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
Ade2303:
Hello all, please I need some clarifications regarding admission. (Asking for someone)

He has completed a ND and HND in physics and electronics in 2018 with a lower credit
He’s 29 years old

He’s aim is to live in Canada at the end of his studies there, but the problem now is which admission is best suitable for his level of study without bringing confusion later to the VO about his purpose of visit?

Will a PGD be a good option? If yes, can you recommend schools that offer that course for the PGD?

Will getting admitted as an advanced entry student be a good option (I.e joining as an undergraduate but starting in year 2 or 3 of the program)? If yes, can you recommend some schools that he can get admitted to with his results?

And finally, will stating from year 1 as an undergraduate not be a red flag to the VO in securing a Study permit with his age? If No, please recommend some schools that offer that course with high acceptance rate.

I’ll be glad to hear from the gurus and be advised too.

Thanks in anticipation.
With an HND , your friends best shot is to apply for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) program in a Physics & Electronics related area

He should take his time and google the following
PG. Cert programs related to Physics and Electronics below explicitly and choose one or two that suites him base on his Academic Background & Experience in PHYSICS & ELECTRONICS

Conestoga College, Ontario
- Embedded Systems Development (Optional Co-op) (2 years PGC-Post Graduate Certificate Program)

Fanshawe College, Ontario
PGC, Electronics and Embedded Systems Development

Fleming College, Ontario
PGC Mechatronics

PG. Cert, Applied Electrical Motion and Control Management

PG. Cert, Applied Energy Management

Finally, your friend needs to work on his Admission Preparation before he submit his application owing to his LOWER CREDIT,
the reason he needs to do this is so he can boost his Admission chances despite having a LOWER CREDIT.

To boost his admission chances, he should take his time and go through everything inside the link below, and put it to use when he wants to apply

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/467#100415766

You can await more inputs from the gurus and other members of this forum

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teepearls(f): 2:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
My cousin travelled with palm oil, I dont know she did it though but she told me she took some along.

Rootiab:
palm oil isn't allowed

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Teepearls:
My cousin travelled with palm oil, though I dont kniw she did it but told me she took some along.

from what I know. Even if you're to carry it shouldn't pass 100ml
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2021
Rootiab:
from what I know. Even if you're to carry it shouldn't pass 100ml
Wow! That’s sooo small.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
Jermaie0009:

Not true pls.. You are more than capable .. People of 32yrs and above have been approved with a PGD.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
Jephehe:
Hello,

Reach Frankrobbn1, he has helped numerous applicants to facilitate their payments at affordable rates less than cbn rate of #411. And it's swift.

You will be glad you did.

Bye

quote author=emmalextemtop post=100768177]Hello!

1)Please who has use flywire to pay tuition fee before and what was the procedure?

2)And then to pay through one's bank, what is the procedure too?
Anyone please.

To pay is about giving me an headache...
Good day, I can be of assistance. I sell at #405 as well as facilitate payments for either tuition, application or visa fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2021
Patricknetter:
Hello
Good evening
Pls I want to apply for my study permit application but my original waec result is not yet out but I only hv the print out... Pls will that be a problem when applying or causing me denial for visa? Pls I need u guys assistance

You can apply for your study permit with it. You can go ahead and attach a scratch card if the by wish to verify though they dont. But if its admission, you must submit the scratch card cos they verify

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54