Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,340 members, 7,815,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (861480 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 9:54pm On Apr 13, 2021
netken:
Yes boss still in process.eligibility review ongoing
When did u submit??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mmachisco: 9:54pm On Apr 13, 2021
Thank you so much. A separate letter wasn't issued but it was stated in the acceptance letter.
TennieYF:

You apply for it with your study permit, your school must have given you a co-OP letter, upload it during your study permit application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TennieYF: 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2021
Mmachisco:
Thank you so much. A separate letter wasn't issued but it was stated in the acceptance letter.

I don't know about that one, my school gave me a separate letter. Let the gurus help answer this one please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by badmanjo(m): 9:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
I also have a Coop for my course, attach that letter that states it in the upload space for evidence of work when uploading ur documents...... Note: you must have chosen the option that your studies comes with work when answering questions about your application on the IRCC website
Or better still ask your school for a separate coop letter if possible

Mmachisco:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IboBoyNuel(m): 10:12pm On Apr 13, 2021
Please is there anyone going to Centennial College here for may academic session? Or even anyone studying there currently? I'm trying to link with Nigerians but na so so Indians full everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tinuowo(f): 10:17pm On Apr 13, 2021
Hello House!

While I was searching for schools i found this school CIMT college Canada. I like the course because it is what I really want to study but their tuition fee is high.
The school also promised to help with job search upon completion .. how true is this? Is anyone familiar with the school?
Program Name – Data Analyticsand Business Intelligence
Duration –52 weeks
Total Tuition fees – CAD $21,248.75
Instalment 1 – CAD $5,312.19
Instalment 2 – CAD $5,312.19
Instalment 3 – CAD $5,312.19
Instalment 4 – CAD $5,312.19

CIMT College will be happy to assist you with your work permit application through the LMIA process. The other pathway open to international students is PGWP. Let me explain to you the difference between a PGWP and WP.
If you are interested in a PGWP - you must study in a university/ community college for a longer duration, Apply for a PGWP, once approved find a job on your own in the field of study. Universities do not provide you with job assistance.
The tuition fees in university is approx 60,000 CAD and their graduation rates are less than 60%. Also, since you are expected to take 4/5 courses at once, you have no time to work part time. We have many students who drop out and join us as we help them find employers ready to sponsor their LMIA. Please read more about LMIA on the official IRCC website.You may be eligible to stay for upto 2 years with this method and work full time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oluwabishop: 11:04pm On Apr 13, 2021
good day all. Thanks to everyone for sharing useful information.

please I have a question about nature of flight ticket. Are there any concerns about a student going for a one year program and booked a one-way ticket?
does this affect the issue of study permit by the CBSA officer at the airport?
Please, if there are any persons who recently landed from last year till now, kindly share your airport experiences, or if there were questions concerning one-way ticket for a one year program.

Also, those who did the mandatory 3 nights quarantine, kindly share your experiences from booking to payment and what the stay was like This can be very helpful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 11:08pm On Apr 13, 2021
ACSgrains1:

Someone should please answer me biko �

Looking at the trend of things in the last 4months, it may be highly unlikely to get a response from IRCC before the commencement of your program in May. Considering that most Nov, Dec and Jan applicants are yet to get a verdict, I would suggest that you start the deferal process now.

Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ken124: 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2021
PotentialNurse:

I applied there. I think decisions would start coming in this month.

Pls have they gotten back to you yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 11:15pm On Apr 13, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello!

1)Please who has use flywire to pay tuition fee before and what was the procedure?

2)And then to pay through one's bank, what is the procedure too?
Anyone please.

To pay is about giving me an headache...

You can generate an invoice from the school via flywire and take it to your bank to fill a form A. Please note that this largely depends on the availability of funds as supplied by the CBN. The current rate is between 411 and 412. Alternatively, you may want to pay directly using your dom account but the rate will be way higher than the CBN rate above.

Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:42pm On Apr 13, 2021
Mmachisco:
Please, I need your help as I don't understand somethings. My program requires a coop work permit; how do I go about it? Do I apply for it as I apply for student visa cos I don't understand. Thanks
Everything you need to know about CO-OP is in the 2-links below

Co-op Letter i.e Evidence Of Work Requirement in Study
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/306#93669406

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/152#91745933

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RoyalDukeDon: 12:58am On Apr 14, 2021
Don't use a MFB based on experience
Eficator:
Please I have a question; My sponsor is currently using a Microfinance bank (Kuda), will the SOA from a MFB be accepted and if I'm invited for NSE, how do I address this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RoyalDukeDon: 1:34am On Apr 14, 2021
Funds available for your stay is the funds that will be showing on your statement.
Which school did you apply to ?
TennieYF:
Please for the IMM1294 form I need a clarification.
There is a part that asked for cost of my studies, Tuition, room and board and funds available for my stay.
My course is a 2 years course , am I supposed to fill the cost of my studies for 1 year since POF is meant to show one year tuition or should I put the cost of the studies for 2 years?

Also for duration of expected study, do I put 2 year or 4 years as my admission letter only gives an estimate that it takes 2-4 years to complete the course.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olubs80: 2:33am On Apr 14, 2021
TennieYF:

I don't know about that one, my school gave me a separate letter. Let the gurus help answer this one please.

Please which school is this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Allgoodies21: 5:00am On Apr 14, 2021
[quote author=Allgoodies21 post=100108072]

Thanks @ Frankrobbn1 I wish you will be chanced to help review my LOE.

@ Frankrobbn1 as advised I reapplied immediately and got their approval within 7 days. I applied for an authorization for travel exemption the same day I submitted the application and on the 7th day I got all update and PPR. Thanks aplenty.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Allgoodies21: 5:03am On Apr 14, 2021
Allgoodies21:

Thanks @ Frankrobbn1 I wish you will be chanced to help review my LOE.

@ Frankrobbn1 as advised I reapplied immediately and got their approval within 7 days. I applied for an authorization for travel exemption the same day I submitted the application and on the 7th day I got all update and PPR. Thanks aplenty.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Allgoodies21: 5:07am On Apr 14, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Given that you've completed a semester in Nigeria, its highly recommended that you should reapply as soon as possible so that your children would accompany you to Canada. A visa that will last until the duration of your program would be granted to your accompanying dependents.

It will end in praise

@ Frankrobbn1 as advised I reapplied immediately and got their approval within 7 days. I applied for an authorization for travel exemption the same day I submitted the application and on the 7th day I got all update and PPR. Thanks aplenty. Sorry I was trying to quote the right reply and ended up reposting this. Haven’t been able to delete the other ones.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Esmeob: 6:13am On Apr 14, 2021
Hello everyone

For those that got NSE request and couldn't submit IELTS, did you submit LOE and what was the format of the LOE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olaidetola: 6:24am On Apr 14, 2021
Congratulations.....you will thank God with me soon.

Hmmm! I've been imagining how its gonna be the day I'll receive my PPR and the D-day has finally come, mine came with mixed feelings though, but am ELATED, that's all that matters now grin

I thank you all for celebrating with me, I don't want to quote you to avoid making the thread unnecessarily long, thank you, thank you, and thank you again. May it continually end in PRAISES for US ALL in JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN!!!

Special Thanks to all those that still keep this thread alive, the likes of Lekiboboe, Frankrobin, Justmelow, Awys, and a host others, you guys are the real MVPs, God richly bless you in all your good endeavours, Amen!!!

Submitted on 24th January 2021
Biometrics done on 25th January 2021
Medicals on 1st week of February(cant remember the exact date shaa)
Medicals passed on 7th February 2021
Eligibility started on 9th/10th February 2021

Submitted my Son's own on 27th January 2021
There was no need for biometric as he's just 7 years old
We did medicals together and he passed his same date with mine.

I guess he was supposed to receive his PPR today too, but they sent a message requesting that I fill a study permit form in place of the visitor's form I submitted earlier. I was also asked to pay an additional fee of $50 to complete the $100 paid initially for visitor's visa.

If I start typing the docs I submitted, this post will be too long and some people might feel intimidated. All in all, just package your application well and leave no stone unturned, every application is unique so I advise you submit according to your situation but ensure to dot all your 'i's and cross your 't's.

MINE HAS ENDED IN PRAISE AND I WISH THE SAME TO ALL THE HOPEFULS IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN!!!
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bollybeejay: 6:29am On Apr 14, 2021
possessor1:
Please im new here.. I applied April 6th.

How do I go about the NSE thingy.. My agent said nothing like that exist because its not on the Canadian site. Please I need more insight into the NSE.

Thanks.
First your agent need to be schooled NSE is a new program called Nigerian students express the goal of this new method of visa processing is to process applications that qualify for this method within 28 days but due to the fact that it's a new method and several backlogs, covid and the likes the processing sometimes don't come as fast as that under this stream
What does NSE entails
You're required to submit an IELTS result with 6.0band scores in overall reading, writing, speaking, and listening respectively
You must provide a mybankstatement with 30kCAD for 6 months and a one year transaction history
Mind you being processed under NSE or Normal route will give you the same outcome either approval or refusal
IRCC will send you a request letter if you qualify for NSE, if you don't respond after 30days you will then be processed normally, so stop worrying yourself about NSE it's not as important as you think
It has nothing to do with you being approved

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2021
IboBoyNuel:
Please is there anyone going to Centennial College here for may academic session? Or even anyone studying there currently? I'm trying to link with Nigerians but na so so Indians full everywhere.

How far I am o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nomsy33(f): 6:45am On Apr 14, 2021
@Frankrobbn1

Please Sir, kindly reply your mail, I need your help and services. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by possessor1: 7:11am On Apr 14, 2021
Relax, I know it doesn't affect the outcome.

It's just that I qualify for the NSE. So why apply normally when I could have used it.

Also the timing is very important to me for several cogent reasons.

Can you navigate NSE after putting in your application online.? .. I added my IELTS in my application though.

Thanks for replying.

bollybeejay:

First your agent need to be schooled NSE is a new program called Nigerian students express the goal of this new method of visa processing is to process applications that qualify for this method within 28 days but due to the fact that it's a new method and several backlogs, covid and the likes the processing sometimes don't come as fast as that under this stream
What does NSE entails
You're required to submit an IELTS result with 6.0band scores in overall reading, writing, speaking, and listening respectively
You must provide a mybankstatement with 30kCAD for 6 months and a one year transaction history
Mind you being processed under NSE or Normal route will give you the same outcome either approval or refusal
IRCC will send you a request letter if you qualify for NSE, if you don't respond after 30days you will then be processed normally, so stop worrying yourself about NSE it's not as important as you think
It has nothing to do with you being approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 7:28am On Apr 14, 2021
Please I want to ask o

Can someone travel with alcohol!

One bottle old Jameson to be precise!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mike5102: 7:39am On Apr 14, 2021
Please is there anyone starting at the university of New Brunswick in September? I have questions to ask about documents one needs to present at the POE from the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RELAN2446(m): 7:45am On Apr 14, 2021
Blavkmaann:
Please I want to ask o

I guess no liquid, even palm oil is not allowed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ozone00001(m): 7:53am On Apr 14, 2021
Processing time is now 20weeks. Lol this one go long. From Libya is 12weeks. Why is Nigeria own so long

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yemisi10: 9:00am On Apr 14, 2021
Please house l want to apply for my student Visa this month and my agent said l should look for statement of account with atleast 18 million as balance with that l stand a better chance.l don't know anyone l can meet to help me out.please nairalanders help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yk45: 9:06am On Apr 14, 2021
Why won't Palm oil be allowed, they shouldn't play with my feelings. People that have travelled please what foodstuff wont be allowed ooo�

RELAN2446:

I guess no liquid, even palm oil is not allowed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yemisi10: 9:07am On Apr 14, 2021
Please can anyone help me with statement of account and sponsorship letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 9:14am On Apr 14, 2021
Blavkmaann:
Please I want to ask o

Lmao I think so I have travelled with origin bitters several times
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 9:40am On Apr 14, 2021
yemisi10:
Please can anyone help me with statement of account and sponsorship letter
Go to your bank for STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

For Sponsorship Letter

See the link below

Letter of Sponsorship Sample (Father) - Find Attached (Avoid Plagiarism)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/121#91193146

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.