Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (864303 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:00am On Apr 16, 2021
codeworks:
Friend of mine wants to know if age can affect process of study permit. he wants to apply for study permit for graduate program. he is 39yrs

Age has no significant factor on his study permit application provided that he can rationally demonstrate to the immigration authorities that he is a bona-fide student and can adequately account for his study gaps through several of his educational achievements and professional certifications he has attained over the years.

It will end in praise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AKANLE2: 11:03am On Apr 16, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

You ticked No because work is not a component of your studies. Kindly refer to your acceptance letter to know if work practicum is required for your the completion of your program. On the account that you mistakenly filled the wrong information on your application, you can forward the evidence of work placement to the immigration officer and request that they should update it with your application. I don't believe that this should have any bad effects on your current application.

It will end in praise
HELLO,ON MY ADMISSION LETTER THERE IS A ONE MONTH INTERNSHIP/WORK PRACTICUM IN THE LAST MONTH BEFORE I COMPLETE MY PROGRAM.SHOULD I TICK YE WHERE THEY ASK IF WORK IS A COMPONENT OF MY STUDY?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Davidbanky(m): 11:07am On Apr 16, 2021
qb41:

I applied 9th of Dec 2020 and I just got my medical request

It will end in praise

Is this the regular route or NSE route ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EverGrateful: 11:18am On Apr 16, 2021
Hello House,

Kindly assist with your opinion on this issue. I am actually asking for my sister. She has a BSc (2010) & MSc (2015) in Food Tech but works with a govt body that conducts elections in Nigeria. She plans to go for an MSc in a specialized aspect of food science in Canada. She has had no work experience in her field of study except for 6months IT but she is very interested in this FOOD area. Please what can be the justification in her SOP/LOE to VO for her plan to study in Canada.

Guru's in the house please respond- Frankrobbn1, Justmellow, Lekiboboe and other gurus in the house. Make una help a sister ooo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by boluslim: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2021
dayjeee:
Good morning all.
For those that want to do MBS in FCMB and you are in lagos, I can assist.

Please I have a question, i have an enrollment date of may 2022, and i include adding my spouce to my application. The wedding is probably going to be coming up next year Jan. But waiting till then to start visa application might be late considering the 20weeks provessing time.
The question is, if I start application as a single person probably in October this year, can i still add her when we get married in January??
My advise (not a professional advise) is that you do your court wedding ASAP, you will be able to use the certificate to proof that you are married while do the ceremonies later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 11:22am On Apr 16, 2021
olatondo:
Please, I have an issue confusing me and would appreciate it if I can get people's opinion urgently. My brother's admission letter showed up 1st of April to resume Sept. and he wants to apply for visa. Earlier he made our elder brother abroad who is going to be his sponsor to pay around 30kCAD into his account because he of his age (he turned 30 last month). So I have the following questions

1. Does he still need a supporting document from our elder brother (as a sponsor) since the money is in his dormn account?
NB: He is doing nothing meaningful at the moment

2. I read somewhere on this thread that leaving expenses should be in ones account at least 4months before visa application. But this 30kCAD was paid into his dorm account last month. Will it affect his application?

3. Lastly, does he need to show another account, or is the 30kCAD sufficient?
NB: Our elder brother will be paying part of his tuition fees.

Abeg I will appreciate answers to my questions. Thank you all for your contributions so far

1. Letter of sponsorship. Sponsor's work ID or business documents.
2. That's not a requirement
3. If the sponsor still has sufficient amount in his account, you can submit it. And if not, just go with my point 1.
NB: Visa officer must not have the impression applicant is doing nothing meaningful at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 11:45am On Apr 16, 2021
shupy:
you should see a download icon on one of the bar at the top. Download it then open with ]
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=100841378]

Use Acrobat Adobe Reader DC. Download this version of the Acrobat Reader, you should have access to view the forms.

It will end in praise
It worked with this and some adjustments on my Firefox settings.

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chioma3000001: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2021
marcelonwa:

Abuja and Lagos only
thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chioma3000001: 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2021
Please I’m trying to book an appointment with q life family clinic in Abuja for my medicals but I don’t even understand their website..please must I book the appointment or can I just walk in and have them attend to me? Is their any other hospital in Abj that I can do my medicals apart from them? Preferably a hospital closer to vfs office in Abuja so I can travel once and do my biometric and medicals upfront..someone please reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olatondo: 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
shupy:

1. Letter of sponsorship. Sponsor's work ID or business documents.
2. That's not a requirement
3. If the sponsor still has sufficient amount in his account, you can submit it. And if not, just go with my point 1.
NB: Visa officer must not have the impression applicant is doing nothing meaningful at the moment.

Thank you so much for responding

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 12:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hello family,

Please how can my niece get her transcript from Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma. We really need it urgently and all attempts have been futile....pls help.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tim4humanity: 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hello Everyone, I received the order for my gcms notes yesterday. I Will explain about myself in details related to this application, If you have any advice or recommendations you can help me I'll be glad so this can make my future application successful.

1. I graduated with Bsc in Information Technology from Bluecrest college Ghana. I am currently a graphic designer, I do this as a freelancer just to keep myself busy but I have the desire to be a data scientist in future, furthermore, I chose to Study a Post Graduate diploma in Data analysis at Langara College my reasons being, it's a 2 years course with and extra work term (5 semesters) which in turn gives me enough time to garner some good work experience while in school and on the other hand I will have a 3 years pgwp after graduation so I considered this a win-win for me despite choosing a PG Diploma instead of an MSc, all Msc in Data science I've researched so far are either just one year with no work experience or the tuition fees is out of my budget or both.

2. The second point about my finances is that the lump sum was paid into an estate account by the federal government of Nigeria, the account is overseen by me and my sister. The money was paid as retirement benefits for their workers who are deceased (my mother), my mother was a staff of the former energy company NEPA which was previously owned by the federal government of Nigeria. Although I did not specify this information in my SOP in my last application. Please immigration experts et all, your recommendations are welcomed, moving forward what would you advice me to do to make my next application successful ?

Thank you very much.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
Did they notify before refusing the application? Like a mail or something?
Tim4humanity:
Hello Everyone, I received the order for my gcms notes yesterday. I Will explain about myself in details related to this application, If you have any advice or recommendations you can help me I'll be glad so this can make my future application successful.

1. I graduated with Bsc in Information Technology from Bluecrest college Ghana. I am currently a graphic designer, I do this as a freelancer just to keep myself busy but I have the desire to be a data scientist in future, furthermore, I chose to Study a Post Graduate diploma in Data analysis at Langara College my reasons being, it's a 2 years course with and extra work term (5 semesters) which in turn gives me enough time to garner some good work experience while in school and on the other hand I will have a 3 years pgwp after graduation so I considered this a win-win for me despite choosing a PG Diploma instead of an MSc, all Msc in Data science I've researched so far are either just one year with no work experience or the tuition fees is out of my budget or both.

2. The second point about my finances is that the lump sum was paid into an estate account by the federal government of Nigeria, the account is overseen by me and my sister. The money was paid as retirement benefits for their workers who are deceased,she was a staff of the former energy company NEPA which was previously owned by the federal government of Nigeria. Although I did not specify this information in my SOP in my last application. Please immigration experts et all, your recommendations are welcomed, moving forward what would you advice me to do to make my next application successful ?

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tim4humanity: 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
Bobinho10:
Did they notify before refusing the application? Like a mail or something?

Yes they did, the normal refusal letter, I attached a screenshot image below of the reasons for refusal.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2021
Tim4humanity:

2. The second point about my finances is that the lump sum was paid into an estate account by the federal government of Nigeria, the account is overseen by me and my sister. The money was paid as retirement benefits for their workers who are deceased (my mother), my mother was a staff of the former energy company NEPA which was previously owned by the federal government of Nigeria. Although I did not specify this information in my SOP in my last application. Please immigration experts et all, your recommendations are welcomed, moving forward what would you advice me to do to make my next application successful ?

Thank you very much.

Am yet to understand this lump sum something
What amount is considered as lump sum pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tim4humanity: 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2021
marcelonwa:

Am yet to understand this lump sum something
What amount is considered as lump sum pls

Huge amount of money I guess
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
Tim4humanity:

Thank you very much.
check email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
Tim4humanity:

Huge amount of money I guess

Like how much ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2021
Please how do I book baymont Hotel, Montreal for the 3 days quarantine. Please it's urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
Wow! So sorry! It will end in praise! How many months did it take before you were notified?
Tim4humanity:

Yes they did, the normal refusal letter, I attached a screenshot image below of the reasons for refusal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kkddyit: 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
marcelonwa:

Like how much ?

This would typically be in relation with prior deposits. What is huge to A might be insignificant to B. Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tim4humanity: 1:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
Rootiab:
check email

Please kindly send your message to this email (aneneonyedikachi@yahoo.com) the nairaland email isn't active. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
Kkddyit:

This would typically be in relation with prior deposits. What is huge to A might be insignificant to B. Hope this helps.

Yeah you right
If there has been big deposits all along, maybe they wouldn’t have flagged the acc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 1:36pm On Apr 16, 2021
Tim4humanity:

Thank you very much.

The VO isn't convinced that the money is yours as it was deposited just day or days before account statement was printed. You made it easy for they VO to conclude that they money isn't yours by not explaining the money deposit in you SOP. So is always important to explain huge sums deposited that runs into millions and back it up with proof of source of the money. But then did you submit any assets in your name during your application? What economical and financial assets do you have.

My little opinion though. Gurus will help out the more.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
marcelonwa:

Yeah you right
If there has been big deposits all along, maybe they wouldn’t have flagged the acc

Yes I think so. If the account is used to huge deposit, it won't raise a red flag. But when out of nowhere boom a huge deposit is made when days and months before and after it, no huge deposit ever was done. It raises dust without proper justification
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Theboysquare1: 1:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
Tim4humanity:

Thank you very much.
Really sorry about this. I pray that you’d be favored in your next application. Amin! Please how long did your application take after biometrics before this decision was made??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 1:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
EverGrateful:
Hello House,

Kindly assist with your opinion on this issue. I am actually asking for my sister. She has a BSc (2010) & MSc (2015) in Food Tech but works with a govt body that conducts elections in Nigeria. She plans to go for an MSc in a specialized aspect of food science in Canada. She has had no work experience in her field of study except for 6months IT but she is very interested in this FOOD area. Please what can be the justification in her SOP/LOE to VO for her plan to study in Canada.

Guru's in the house please respond- Frankrobbn1, Justmellow, Lekiboboe and other gurus in the house. Make una help a sister ooo.

Its hard to gain admission If she does not have significant work experience in the intended course, 6months IT is not enough besides what reasons made her to opt to go for a masters in a particular area of Food Sci . If she wishes to apply for visa, do not include the masters she has acquired already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olugene(f): 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hello,
Please my results has just been approved by senate in OAU. Can I order for my transcript now or I have to wait till December after the convocation??
Thanks in advance
Thaiy:

Got acceptance letter with MUN without the English Language waiver, chose not applicable as my taught language was the English Language. Besides in your transcript, it would show you did ''use of English in your year one''.

Send them a mail with your transcript and explain things to them, highlight the SER001 you did back at school.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2021
Olugene:
Hello,
Please my results has just been approved by senate in OAU. Can I order for my transcript now or I have to wait till December after the convocation??
Thanks in advance
If you are just graduating, I will advice you go for nysc, work small and gain experience. Then you can pursue Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
nyangbafa:
Hello everyone, I give God the glory as i just received my stamped passport today.
I want to specially appreciate this wonderful community of brothers, one of the best communities ever.
my timeline is as follows
Nov 16 2020 submitted my application
Nov 25 2020 biometrics enrollment
Jan 25 2021 Upfront medicals (passed in Feb 3rd)
PPR and BVL came in on the 29th of march 2021.

Like they say no two applications are the same, in my case I only had to show a letter of introduction from my employer as my funding document. my employer (government institution) had explicitly stated in the introduction letter that they will take care of my finances related to my study. i did not show my account or payslip anywhere as i no geti monie grin that time. the point here is that study dreamers should do the best they can and pray for favour, God will surely bring it to pass.

Also, is it the best time to apply for my Spouse and 5 month old baby? should i wait until i resume school in canada ? Please guys what do you think?

IT WILL END IN PRAISE.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!! cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by irijuola: 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hi guys,
Anyone traveling to Toronto on the 26th, a female friend friend needs a quarantine partner. DM if interested.

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.