Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (860750 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EverGrateful: 2:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
Thanks for responding. Which Masters program will be acceptable for her to get a
study permit. She would not mind another program. Kindly suggest.

Also how does she explain the situation in her SOP to convince the VO to approve her a study visa.

Anon123:

Its hard to gain admission If she does not have significant work experience in the intended course, 6months IT is not enough besides what reasons made her to opt to go for a masters in a particular area of Food Sci . If she wishes to apply for visa, do not include the masters she has acquired already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toopee: 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2021
Help plssss

Toopee:
Hello, is the SOP supposed to be addressed? If yes, can I get the address pls.

Can I use NECO result given by the school as I do not have the issued by NECO itself and getting it has been a lot of stress.

I have a BA in English. Do I still need to get IELTS waiver ? ( I had hoped I wouldn’t have anything to do with the school again after transcript was gotten).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2021
irijuola:
Hi guys,
Anyone traveling to Toronto on the 26th, a female friend friend needs a quarantine partner. DM if interested.

Am travelling on 11th or 12th, awwn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
Olugene:
Hello,
Please my results has just been approved by senate in OAU. Can I order for my transcript now or I have to wait till December after the convocation??
Thanks in advance
To Solidify what Hon Anon123 said

See this, you might find it useful

Reasons Why You Should Do NYSC before embarking on Study Visa Application
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/64#97741974

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 2:42pm On Apr 16, 2021
Am still surprised guys...I submitted my passport on 15th(night sef) to Abuja from Lagos and I've been notified to come pick it. Counterfoil and Correspondence letter received, within 48hrs?? shocked shocked

It's the first of it's kind, am wowed!!!
Toronto peeps, 3rd week of May/Fanshawe students, am here oo.

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE, I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by YinksXO: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2021
Destroyed? What if you have a valid visa on it? I'm thinking of doing the migration of passport thing but wary if it will cause any issues since she has a valid visa on it. Do you have any advice?

nifnifemi:
You don't need to wait for 6mths. It is called migration. My old passport will expire by August 2022 and I did a renewal in Feb 2021. And the old one was destroyed
You will pay about 5k extra for the migration process plus the amount you will get a new passport . Did mine at Ikoyi passport office
If you don't have time on your side, when you get to Canada you can renew it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Gentledaf(m): 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
oyibo4real:
Am still surprised guys...I submitted my passport on 15th(night sef) to Abuja and I've been notified to come pick it. Counterfoil and Corresponse letter received, within 48hrs shocked shocked shocked

It's the first of it's kind, am wowed!!!
Toronto peeps, 3rd week of May/Fanshawe students, am here oo.

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE, I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST!!!

Congratulations preparing to apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 2:50pm On Apr 16, 2021
Toopee:

Can I use NECO result given by the school as I do not have the issued by NECO itself and getting it has been a lot of stress.

I have a BA in English. Do I still need to get IELTS waiver ? ( I had hoped I wouldn’t have anything to do with the school again after transcript was gotten).

- To,
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,

4, Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

- Yes you can, but I would suggest you submit both the NECO RESULT given to you by the school and the online print out

so you would name/list the document as;

- NECO Result (High School Copy)
- NECO Result (Online Print Out)

Await a based-on-experience response to your last question

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AKANLE2: 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lekiboboe:

- To,
The Visa Officer,

4, Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

- Yes you can, but I would suggest you submit both the NECO RESULT given to you by the school and the online print out

AS A FIRST TIME APPLICANT, AM I TO WRITE LETTER OF EXPLANATION OR STATEMENT OF PURPOSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toopee: 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Thank you sir, God bless you.

- To,
The Visa Officer,

4, Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dabson2020: 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hi everyone,

Thank you to everyone in this forum. The information here is gold.

I am study permit applicant (Feb 1st 2021) and i also have a family visit visa application since March 2020. Eligibility has started on my study permit but no feedback on the family visa application. I have sent several webforms concerning the visit application but kept receiving the generic mail. Eligibility has not started on the visit application and when i requested for the GCMS note sometimes in November, 2020. The comment was 'Prospective'.

I will like to ask if there is an issue with having 2 visa applications.

Your assistance will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chioma3000001: 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2021
Please where can I do my medicals in Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:43pm On Apr 16, 2021
AKANLE2:

AS A FIRST TIME APPLICANT, AM I TO WRITE LETTER OF EXPLANATION OR STATEMENT OF PURPOSE?
As a first time applicant, you are to write a STATEMENT OF PURPOSE (SOP)

SOP - Statement of Purpose
The theme SOP is geared more towards the first time visa applicants. In this case, the applicant will more likely talk about how the advance studies is going to complement past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope. In addition, various other topics will be addressed such as capability to finance studies & living cost, why particular program, why Canada, why particular institution etc.

See link below for

SOP Step-by-Step Guidelines & Pointers
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

Hints on Writing an SOP (Courtesy domakavelliiiiiii)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/1#88913289

VERY IMPORTANT CLUES TO NOTE WHEN DRAFTING UR own SOP
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/103#35275420

After you are through writing your SOP, you can get across to an experienced member or a guru (if available) to help you proofread & Review your SOP

31 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wifefo88: 3:43pm On Apr 16, 2021
Heyy guys.. please who has been able to book with Ethiopian airline., I don't know how to go about the payment

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
Chioma3000001:
Please where can I do my medicals in Abuja

IOHMAC Abuja

See the link below for the address

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/361#94274267
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AKANLE2: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lekiboboe:

As a first time applicant, you are to write a STATEMENT OF PURPOSE (SOP)

SOP - Statement of Purpose
The theme SOP is geared more towards the first time visa applicants. In this case, the applicant will more likely talk about how the advance studies is going to complement past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope. In addition, various other topics will be addressed such as capability to finance studies & living cost, why particular program, why Canada, why particular institution etc.

See link below for

SOP Step-by-Step Guidelines & Pointers
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

Hints on Writing an SOP (Courtesy domakavelliiiiiii)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/1#88913289

VERY IMPORTANT CLUES TO NOTE WHEN DRAFTING UR own SOP
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/103#35275420

After you are through writing your SOP, you can get across to an experienced member or a guru (if available) to help you proofread & Review your SOP

thanks so much

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2021
Olugene:
Hello,
Please my results has just been approved by senate in OAU. Can I order for my transcript now or I have to wait till December after the convocation??
Thanks in advance

Why wait till December. Since it has been approved, exams and records would not have issue getting you transcript in no time.
Besides OAU uses a computerized result uploads even if it would still be released in Departments.

Get it and use for personal use when the need and time arises.

What about NYSC....giving it any thought, you will get work experience from there you know.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tinakem(f): 3:59pm On Apr 16, 2021
HipheeO:
I don't think it really matters if it's one landed property or not. What the VO will want to determine is if his income or cash at hand will suffice to sponsor you. questions like are you the only dependent of your sponsor. what sources of income does he have? That 7m, can it take care of everyone in your family and also be enough to pay for your fees and whatever living expenses you have in addition to his income. I personally think 7m is small to show in this case or are you an only child? You should be able to establish beyond reasonable doubt that your sponsor is good for it. It will be good to show your own statement too, especially if you are gainfully employed and the inflow and outflow shows consistency and reasonably good amount.

Please wait for input from the gurus.

, pls I gained admission to University of Regina too, how did u pay ur tution
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chioma3000001: 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lekiboboe:

IOHMAC Abuja

See the link below for the address

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/361#94274267
thank you so much i appreciate..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hi, is it okay for me to do my medicals before they ask for them? Just so I can have them when they need it instead of waiting. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
Anon123:

If you are just graduating, I will advice you go for nysc, work small and gain experience. Then you can pursue Canada

Which other experience exactly does she really need to gain before pursuing her Canadian dream? If the necessary finance is available, she's better off ditching both Nigeria and her useless NYSC program. Growing up and schooling in the country, I'll say, is enough experience already.

Moreover, one doesn't need to be a prophet to see that, compared to what's obtainable today, it is going to be even much harder in the near future for a Nigeria to obtain a Canadian study permit/visa. The Canadian border is only going to get much more constricted for Nigerians as the years pass by, the more reason to make hay now the sun is yet to set.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by XYZo: 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
Thaiy:

Why wait till December. Since it has been approved, exams and records would not have issue getting you transcript in no time.
Besides OAU uses a computerized result uploads even if it would still be released in Departments.

Get it and use for personal use when the need and time arises.

What about NYSC....giving it any thought, you will get work experience from there you know.

All the best.

OAU transcript is gold . Been trying to get transcript since November last year . That school is useless when it comes to getting transcripts . sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Glassses: 4:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
1. If I were the one, I would do a gift deed for the money deposited into my account. Firstly because of my age, I feel like the VO will expect someone my age to be able to sponsor myself. So if I have someone sponsoring(sibling not parent) sponsoring me, then I will have to show that he has really given me this money and won't abandon me. If you are 30, then I expect your elder brother to be around 31-40 which means he might have how own family already so he needs to show that he still has enough to take care of himself and family after sponsoring you. I will ask my elder brother to provide me with his payslip(this can be ignored if you do a gift deed), his bank statement showing the transfer to me and probably a reasonable amount left in it to show he still has funds for himself, means of ID, birth certificate showing your relationship, family tree, pictures with him, evidence of previous support and a letter of explanation/support. (pick the documents you need based on you, I just provided options).

You shouldn't make it obvious to the VO that you are doing nothing meaningful at the moment, write a convincing statement of why you aren't doing anything and what plans or steps you are taking. You can even state that you are volunteering somewhere or something. Don't just make it obvious you are "idle"

2. I don't think this will have an effect on his application, my living expenses was Transfered to me a week or 2 before my application and I don't think it was it was issue. Just explain the source of the lumpsum. Since this money is in a dorm account, I will assume there isn't regular inflow and outflow in that account so ensure you try to explain that.

3. The sufficiency of the 30kCAD will depend on his tuition fees and if he will still have about 10k left for his living expenses after payment of tuition.

If your elder brother is paying part of tuition then ensure you put the school deposit receipt.

The logic to this thing is to put yourself in the VO's shoes...ask yourself revenant questions he might be thinking of and try to provide answers in LOE /SOP and provide relevant documents where necessary. All in all, tighten all loses ends and package the application well. Back it up will prayers and it will definitely end in praise.

All the best.

olatondo:
Please, I have an issue confusing me and would appreciate it if I can get people's opinion urgently. My brother's admission letter showed up 1st of April to resume Sept. and he wants to apply for visa. Earlier he made our elder brother abroad who is going to be his sponsor to pay around 30kCAD into his account because he of his age (he turned 30 last month). So I have the following questions

1. Does he still need a supporting document from our elder brother (as a sponsor) since the money is in his dormn account?
NB: He is doing nothing meaningful at the moment

2. I read somewhere on this thread that leaving expenses should be in ones account at least 4months before visa application. But this 30kCAD was paid into his dorm account last month. Will it affect his application?

3. Lastly, does he need to show another account, or is the 30kCAD sufficient?
NB: Our elder brother will be paying part of his tuition fees.

Abeg I will appreciate answers to my questions. Thank you all for your contributions so far

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by peruxie: 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hi guys,
When your review of eligibility status changes to “we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements” does that mean you get a decision soon?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2021
Saw this on TWITTER

someone might find this useful, most especially those who needs unofficial transcript (student copy) for admission

COPIED##

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2021
Toopee:

I suppose you're talking about the SOP for visa application. Well, there isn't a rule that says you necessarily must address it to so and so IRCC address. You could as well totally throw away the whole receiver's address, and it still wouldn't have any impact in your writing. Nevertheless, if you chose to retain a receiver's address, you could as well use this:

High Commission of Canada,
13010G, Palm close, Diplomatic drive,
Central Business District,
Abuja, Nigeria.
______

Considering you already have a BA, it is almost totally unnecessary for you to include your NECO result as part of your visa application. I do not see the need, as your having a BA degree certificate shows that you unfailingly must already have a secondary school certificate.

If you insist on including the NECO result though, you might consider buying a new NECO scratch card in order to print out the online copy of the result (attach the scratch card pin to your online print out as you scan, so that anyone reviewing your application could use the PIN to look up your result online.)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
Glassses:
1. If I were the one, I would do a gift deed for the money deposited into my account. Firstly because of my age, I feel like the VO will expect someone my age to be able to sponsor myself. So if I have someone sponsoring(sibling not parent) sponsoring me, then I will have to show that he has really given me this money and won't abandon me. If you are 30, then I expect your elder brother to be around 31-40 which means he might have how own family already so he needs to show that he still has enough to take care of himself and family after sponsoring you. I will ask my elder brother to provide me with his payslip(this can be ignored if you do a gift deed), his bank statement showing the transfer to me and probably a reasonable amount left in it to show he still has funds for himself, means of ID, birth certificate showing your relationship, family tree, pictures with him, evidence of previous support and a letter of explanation/support. (pick the documents you need based on you, I just provided options).

You shouldn't make it obvious to the VO that you are doing nothing meaningful at the moment, write a convincing statement of why you aren't doing anything and what plans or steps you are taking. You can even state that you are volunteering somewhere or something. Don't just make it obvious you are "idle"

2. I don't think this will have an effect on his application, my living expenses was Transfered to me a week or 2 before my application and I don't think it was it was issue. Just explain the source of the lumpsum. Since this money is in a dorm account, I will assume there isn't regular inflow and outflow in that account so ensure you try to explain that.

3. The sufficiency of the 30kCAD will depend on his tuition fees and if he will still have about 10k left for his living expenses after payment of tuition.

If your elder brother is paying part of tuition then ensure you put the school deposit receipt.

The logic to this thing is to put yourself in the VO's shoes...ask yourself revenant questions he might be thinking of and try to provide answers in LOE /SOP and provide relevant documents where necessary. All in all, tighten all loses ends and package the application well. Back it up will prayers and it will definitely end in praise.

All the best.

Hi, so are you saying that I can apply for NSE even if the money has not been in my account for 6 months?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maprince4: 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2021
Congratulations!!! Am happy for you. Am next

Wifefo88:

Congratulations am happy for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
This information is for PHD Holders

If you already have a PhD, your best route to Canada might be to come in via a Postdoc position. Once you secure a postdoc position, you will get LMIA exempted work permit & in one year you can apply for PR

Check out some post doc positions in Canada

https://ca.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Postdoctoral+Position

Source: Mrs O

Copied###

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ysakaws1: 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2021
I have a question for the gurus in the house. Is the information on GCMS notes for the status of your application as at around the time you applied for the GCMS or as at around the time you received the GCMS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lekiboboe:
This information is for PHD Holders

If you already have a PhD, your best route to Canada might be to come in via a Postdoc position. Once you secure a postdoc position, you will get LMIA exempted work permit & in one year you can apply for PR

Check out some post doc positions in Canada

https://ca.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Postdoctoral+Position

Source: Mrs O

Copied###

Interesting, I'll say. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

Interesting, I'll say. Thanks for sharing.
You are welcome Hon. Uzomachukwu

(1) (2) (3) ... (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) ... (736)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68