Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out (65871 Views)

3 Sachets Of Pure Water Sold For ₦100 In Akure Currently / Huge Python Sold For N4,500 (Photos, Video) / The Food That Is Being Sold For N120k In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by MansoryMX(m): 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
Barka00:
May we drink all types of tea in this life except pover-tea.

If i hear vanity upon vanity i go block you.

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Eillyeillz(m): 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
bimbodotun:
Abeg na lie be ds.....where is d location.....even Pablo no sell drinks ds expensive nor protea and Sheraton.....

That's Quilox bro, they've always been on the high side.

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Ezeromeoil01(m): 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nah one bottle
izzou:
grin

Did I just see Heineken going for 10k?

I guess they are selling in crates. Definitely not a bottle

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
Frankiss44:

You nor chop the bottle join?
the sexy waiter wey go attend to you alone, deserve 1k grin grin. i guess the remaining 1k na for the drink
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Yankee101: 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
I pity Nigerians

Rich people, who worked for their money, won't go to drink here

These are drinks you buy discounted from Sam's club here in America.

6 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by dynosur: 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
lalasticlala:
A Nigerian Twitter user has cried out over the high cost of drinks at a bar where he visited. The one that shocked him most is a bottle of water that was sold for N3k.

Sharing the picture of the drinks and their prices, the Twitter user wrote:

https://twitter.com/Temitop02442177/status/1340603460408979460?s=19

Smh. They can't even spell "Nederburg" right and they are charging that ridiculous amount.

5 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by sonnie10: 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
bimbodotun:
Abeg na lie be ds.....where is d location.....even Pablo no sell drinks ds expensive nor protea and Sheraton.....

True. At Protea Sheraton Ikeja/Maryland even their buffet is 25k and beer is not more than 1k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by SenecaTheYonger: 8:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
kikake:
APC government is nearly frying the 200 million people in Nigeria with hyper inflation.

Worse is that some Nigerians still expect changes for good from APC.

Ace of Space Magnum is 500 pounds which is 260k but it’s been sold for 6M in Nigeria. But I’m sure that’s also FG’s fault

10 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by ednut1(m): 8:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:
Na Chairmen like Logobenz/Nwanneni suppose dey go this kind place. Liquor merchants.

Men wey dey drive Benz and Lexus.

But jokes apart, with where Quilox is located- they would have a high overhead cost and it is normal they spread it into the cost of their services. That is how they stay afloat.

You are not paying for the water, you are paying for the experience, the goodwill, the bragging right, the picture you will take and say “Chilling at Quilox”, the people you would meet. You pay for it all. cheesy
when are you taking me there
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by sonnie10: 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
Yankee101:
I pity Nigerians

Rich people, who worked for their money, won't go to drink here

These are drinks you buy discounted from Sam's club here in America.

They are even cheaper if you buy wholesales price in at trade fair or old balogun
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by OgwuEgo: 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
This is Ugandan currency not Naira na wa for una

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by melodyblog: 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
LOL..... Good hotel
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
This is Quilox. Sanwo-Olu did Lagosians a great service by shutting down that money gulping enterprise. Make I see if all those “I only chill at Quilox” girls no go come meet me for bros Nnemeka joint now. Nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Karrima: 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
For water?

1 Share

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Drizzy5001(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
It must be the living water, Jesus was talking about.
Anyone who drinks it shall not thirst again. grin cheesy
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Bashnigga(m): 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
SimplyFacts:
Maybe it's a bottled Zam-zam water.
lol, dan Kano
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by olisaEze(m): 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
I won’t reply my babe with "I’m going to the bathroom" excuse, I’ll tell her straight up I’m headed to another place. If you like stay if you like follow! It’s not even the 'water of life' Jesus promised the woman with 7 husbands sef!
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by friday2011(m): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
izzou:
grin

Did I just see Heineken going for 10k?

I guess they are selling in crates. Definitely not a bottle

grin grin grin

Alaye... Na 1 bottle, shey na Heineken 10k you dey see... The 1st on the list wey be 5million abi na 6million seff.

5 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Brunosamel(m): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
Forget poverty jare....
ask yourself will bill gates buy a water that costs #100 for #3000...
Na so my guy carry babe go club won buy drink and they told him 50k, he left with the babe went outside bought 3 bottles of red wine, 2k each went to chicken republic both turkey 7k ordered 2 point and kill fish call 2 of him guys to come with their to babe come over see enjoyments... He still had fun and also enough change...

Someone who truely understand the value of money and who suffered to get it will reason before spending it extravagantly

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by xjiggy: 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
This is Extorsión. Even a Carton of Heineken is not up to 5k.
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by authority2006(m): 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

A lot of businesses on the Island are money laundering spots. The babe of a popular musician lives on my street. She has a business in the premises but the gate never opens, one would wonder what they sell and when they sell it- but they claim to be into interior decoration and luxury furnishing.

Clubs, interior decoration, luxury car shops, jewelry shops...etc, these are their major businesses. No foot traffic in their stores but they pay rents in millions.

Some of these actresses are not even oloshos as we think. Some are tools for criminals. They are the face of the business, while the UBO (Ultimate Beneficial Owner) is a politician or Hushpuppy.

Hmmm!
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by vikstandon(m): 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:
Na Chairmen like Logobenz/Nwanneni suppose dey go this kind place. Liquor merchants.

Men wey dey drive Benz and Lexus.

But jokes apart, with where Quilox is located- they would have a high overhead cost and it is normal they spread it into the cost of their services. That is how they stay afloat.

You are not paying for the water, you are paying for the experience, the goodwill, the bragging right, the picture you will take and say “Chilling at Quilox”, the people you would meet. You pay for it all. cheesy

How did you know is Quilox my dear...Op never mentioned it.
I dey fear you o!! I dey look you for CCTV.
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Nchenches: 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
Una never see something worse.

This is just the beginning.

Buhari cabal has repositioned Mahmoud at INEC to hand over the presidency to whoever the cabal wants in 2023.

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by lexy2014: 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
ouzo1:
3k for water abi? I go swallow my saliva na .

Arrant nonsense. Where dey yeye bar dey sef?

D water is 50naira. D balance 2,950naira is for d a/c and d chaire wey u siddon

2 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by izzou(m): 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
friday2011:

Alaye... Na 1 bottle, shey na Heineken 10k you dey see... The 1st on the list wey be 5million abi na 6million seff.

For me, the Heineken price is more annoying

I can understand that the other drinks are not commonly consumed, but Heineken??

So I'll pay 10k to drink Heineken that was bottled by NBPlc at Iganmu, then drive out of Quilox, only to see boys drinking the same Heineken under a tree with #400?

Hian grin

14 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Paulianfa(m): 8:49pm On Dec 20, 2020
...and people are buying, I dey cry for school fees for here... thunder go strike people ooo
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by authority2006(m): 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
Barka00:
May we drink all types of tea in this life except pover-tea.

If i hear vanity upon vanity i go block you .

Those who worked for their money won't spend it without getting equivalent value for it. The likes of Gate, Buffet, Dangote can't spend their money like that

9 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by apparentlylaw(m): 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

A lot of businesses on the Island are money laundering spots. The babe of a popular musician lives on my street. She has a business in the premises but the gate never opens, one would wonder what they sell and when they sell it- but they claim to be into interior decoration and luxury furnishing.

Clubs, interior decoration, luxury car shops, jewelry shops...etc, these are their major businesses. No foot traffic in their stores but they pay rents in millions.

Some of these actresses are not even oloshos as we think. Some are tools for criminals. They are the face of the business, while the UBO (Ultimate Beneficial Owner) is a politician or Hushpuppy.
on code ..no.loud am..some actress and celebs even own BDC ..they use it to launder money ..You see that island ..money Dey dere gan gan
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
grin
GOTVee:
sadThat is quilox price list. I wasted a lot of money there before I became a born again Christian sad

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by femicyrus(m): 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
1 month subscription per item on the menu list I guess
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by webizone(m): 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

You are so knowledgeable. Maybe people suspicious of you are not wrong.
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Dpharisee: 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
GOTVee:
sadThat is quilox price list. I wasted a lot of money there before I became a born again Christian sad

Before you became MURIC Nairaland OP. What is the Ruling on buying water for N3k?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out The Valentine Gift My Boss Got Us Today / Honeywell Spaghetti Releases “Mini” Version As Food Prices Increase (Photos) / What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.