Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out (65866 Views)

3 Sachets Of Pure Water Sold For ₦100 In Akure Currently / Huge Python Sold For N4,500 (Photos, Video) / The Food That Is Being Sold For N120k In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Asour: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:
Na Chairmen like Logobenz/Nwanneni suppose dey go this kind place. Liquor merchants.

Men wey dey drive Benz and Lexus.

But jokes apart, with where Quilox is located- they would have a high overhead cost and it is normal they spread it into the cost of their services. That is how they stay afloat.

You are not paying for the water, you are paying for the experience, the goodwill, the bragging right, the picture you will take and say “Chilling at Quilox”, the people you would meet. You pay for it all. cheesy

Not that it is any of my business or that they are doing anything wrong BUT chalking it up to "operating costs" to "stay afloat" doesn't cut it really.

LUXURY goods/services everywhere have no relationship with costs. They're arbitrarily and perceptively priced, targeted at aspirational consumers/taste makers.

Most of these HUGE margins go into the lifestyle of the promoters. Do not you see them spraying money excessively at shows/programmes for the buzz? Or it is the jet lifestyle? These are supported by the huge margins NOT costs!

Good for them though, they're doing no wrong.

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by GOTVee: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dpharisee:

Before you became MURIC Nairaland OP. What is the Ruling on buying water for N3k?

May the holy spirit forgive you because you are ignorant of the fact that I'm a born again Christian.

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Nchenches: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
Naira has been battered by hard currency hawkers in Nigeria over the last six years.

Why blame the bar? Inflation at the roof tops in Nigeria.

Blame yourselves.
Were you asleep when you brought back the Muhammadu Buhari who drove Nigeria to recession as HoS during the 1980s to rule you?

Now, you can no longer remove Buhari cabal, not even through the 2023 presidential election.

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by webizone(m): 9:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
ZIINI:
Bae - what do you want to go and do in the bathroom?
Me - wanna go and pee
Me in the bathroom under the tap gush,gush, gush,gush,gush grin

Actually smart.
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by OriginalJohnny: 9:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
The water na Omi iye na grin
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Slurity(m): 9:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
JW BLUE LABEL IS 61,180 IN A REGULAR MARKET BUT 1.5MILLION HERE. I WILL MAKE SURE I DRINK THE EMPTY BOTTLE IF I MISTAKENLY BUY 1

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
Is it not better to buy it than give the money as tithe to fake pastors??

angry
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by descarado: 9:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:
Na Chairmen like Logobenz/Nwanneni suppose dey go this kind place. Liquor merchants.

Men wey dey drive Benz and Lexus.

But jokes apart, with where Quilox is located- they would have a high overhead cost and it is normal they spread it into the cost of their services. That is how they stay afloat.

You are not paying for the water, you are paying for the experience, the goodwill, the bragging right, the picture you will take and say “Chilling at Quilox”, the people you would meet. You pay for it all. cheesy
U know exactly what's up cheesy
That was how people were rushing one useless GRAND bread from GRAND square in central area then, 200% the rate of more than average cost of bread you see in 5 star hotels around there or big eateries.
Even your chicken will refuse to eat the crumbs of that bread. My madam will be like" my bread is from GRAND"
grin
No be person tell am to stop. And u need to see line.
One day she started confessing cheesy.

Lagos is better. Enter Abuja. I will leave my area go one shanty go do hair grin
I can remember the lady that won the hairdresser award for the yr was very close to my place( never knew they win awards)
My madam carry herself enter her salon, she met a receptionist, filled a form, stayed in waiting room With a.c. and cold soft drink.
I will not tell you how much she paid cheesy
But she said she will never step feet there again cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
sapphiere:
Man cries out say na who beat ham?

Shoe get size. That's one thing men should know.

A lady at Hilton can never be the same as a lady at Golden gardens.
There's something called CLASS.

Find your CLASS.

Don't promise what you can't give.

There should be honor not just empty class. Tell me now, where can they brag this to in Africa let alone in the world? Who will care?
The class should be bragged in a sane place not Nigeria.
There's a post I saw a Caucasian posted some years ago about Nigeria : they don't have good roads yet they drive big cars in those bad roads, no streets light and security in the country, yet they claim they live in mansions.
Has the poorest people in the world yet they claim their wealthy, get from illicit wealth where corruption grows and destroys the wealth of the people. No one seems to care, everyone doing what pleases them.
I didn't discourage anyone that seek to go chill anyway.

4 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by gudia3933: 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
This is Ugandan currency not Naira na wa for una
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by EMMY76: 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
Unbelievable so there are wines in this life that sells for #6m? Money for over 2 plots of land in some cities in Nigeria.
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by boladale123: 9:13pm On Dec 20, 2020
GOTVee:
sadThat is quilox price list. I wasted a lot of money there before I became a born again Christian sad

You meant Jesus saved you or you saved your money??

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by EMMY76: 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2020
GOTVee:
sadThat is quilox price list. I wasted a lot of money there before I became a born again Christian sad

grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by aspiring44: 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
Macsjebs:

Exploration?
I really don't explore o, maybe online anyway

Pls enlighten me about the ither four temporals
Thanks

We have the four temperament as follows

Sanguine

Melancholic

Choleric

Phlegmatic.
You can read them on Wikipedia . It will surely give you insght to your personality traits .
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by GeneralPula: 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
Dalil8:

Just tell us your price or how much you're worth in the whoring marketplace. Some of us can buy you plus all your friends and sisters

Damn!! Lol

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2020
lalasticlala:
A Nigerian Twitter user has cried out over the high cost of drinks at a bar where he visited. The one that shocked him most is a bottle of water that was sold for N3k.

Sharing the picture of the drinks and their prices, the Twitter user wrote:

https://twitter.com/Temitop02442177/status/1340603460408979460?s=19

4th street patapata na R250 (Biggest Size 2litre) which is about 5 to 6k naira. Why we dey fool ourselves like this? If you sell am 10k naira, you go die?

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by aspiring44: 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
[quote author=Macsjebs post=97271427]
Thanks Brother
I didn't even realize you were referring to me these
Will look them up
Thanks for the enlightenment Sir

Alright my brother

Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by obstead200(m): 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
Barka00:
May we drink all types of tea in this life except pover-tea.

If i hear vanity upon vanity i go block you.
oga na vanity joor.

why shud water cost so much.... even if na 7 star hotel

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by SirJerrie(m): 9:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
Price for Men wey dey Run Bloodmoney!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by pocohantas(f): 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
ednut1:
when are you taking me there

Come back for Christmas with CAD, let’s go and blow it there. grin
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Wettoid123: 9:39pm On Dec 20, 2020
I told my guy that you can eat 10million under a day in naija and he was doubting me imagine now in this hotel or club just a wine is sold for 2.5million with few friends money never finish?
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Skmoda360(m): 9:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
MrPresident1:
That must be the water wey Jesus call the living waters.

After you chop bread of life, just drink living waters on top am, your life must just turn around immediately cheesy cheesy cheesy
Bro, you funny die

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by mariahAngel(f): 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
sapphiere:
Man cries out say na who beat ham?

Shoe get size. That's one thing men should know.

A lady at Hilton can never be the same as a lady at Golden gardens.
There's something called CLASS.

Find your CLASS.

Don't promise what you can't give.

Do you yourself have class? Judging by your views and opinions on topics, I doubt.

3 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Skmoda360(m): 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
GOTVee:
Shuuut up

1 Like

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Ddokie: 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
Barka00:

You know the irony, the richest men in the world will not spend that much on such things.

Na guys wey wan show off dey waste money like that.

It is pure stupidity to know you can get something for a price much lower than you are being offered and you still go ahead to pay it. It has nothing do with poverty but everything to do with misplaced priorities i.e show of.

That's what got many black celebrities in America bankrupt.

4 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Skmoda360(m): 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
mariahAngel:

Do you yourself have class? Judging by your views and opinions on topics, I doubt.
Why you finish her like that bro?
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
Level pass level OP. I sell my boiler live chicken for just 5k
Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by doggedfighter(f): 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
GOTVee:

May the holy spirit forgive you because you are ignorant of the fact that I'm a born again Christian.

Hahahahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by oguns222: 9:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
Barka00:

Oga, it is stupid to buy a bottle water of 100 naira for 3000 naira even if you have all the money in the world.

4 Likes

Re: A Bottled Water Sold For N3000 - Nigerian Man Cries Out by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
[s]
mariahAngel:

[/s]Everyone has a class. Deal with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Check Out The Valentine Gift My Boss Got Us Today / Honeywell Spaghetti Releases “Mini” Version As Food Prices Increase (Photos) / What Is The Name Of This Bush Meat We Caught Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.