Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Why Do You Still Believe In God, - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Still Believe In God, (2131 Views)

Will We Still Believe In Jesus In These Situations? / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Still Believe In God, by TheSourcerer: 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2020
Open thread please
Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by atheistandproud(m): 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
Good question

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by johnhood(m): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Dtruthspeaker: 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
Because it is good and proper to respect Your Creator and Owner like your phone and cars must respect you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by truespeak: 6:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
Does your spoon think to fight you?

Only a Fool thinks to Challenge his Creator!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Gadodoko: 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
I BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE; As living thing we were not present on earth some years back, then we are now here living and some day we will be no more(dead). we came from somewhere to leave on earth. when we die we are going somewhere. only religion provide answers to these questions. Religion talk about believing in GOD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by CAPSLOCKED: 11:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY SAYS HERE, THE ONLY TWO REASONS PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE IN SKYDADDY ARE:
1. INDOCTRINATION.
2. FEAR OF UNCERTAINTY.

PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED SINCE THE DAY THEY WERE BORN, TO THE EXTENT THAT TO DATE, THEY'RE SOMEHOW CONVINCED THERE'S AN EXISTING RELATIONSHIP (AND COMMUNICATION) WITH GOD IN THEIR MINDS.
PEOPLE WORSHIP GOD AND PRAY BECAUSE THEY'RE AFRAID OF TRAGEDY AND FAILURES. THEY'RE AFRAID OF DYING, AND ALSO WHAT HAPPENS TO US AFTER WE DIE.

IF YOU DO NOT INDOCTRINATE A CHILD, AND HE GROWS UP NOT FEARING SUPERSTITIOUS ELEMENTS, DEATH, AND UNCERTAINTY, THEN HE'D HAVE NO NEED TO BELIEVE IN OR WORSHIP ANY GOD.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by hakeem4(m): 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ladyzeus:
Because He is God
stupid reason

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by chinecherem97974: 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2020
Does your spoon think to fight you?Only a Fool thinks to Challenge his Creator!
Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Dtruthspeaker: 5:27am On Dec 21, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY SAYS HERE, THE ONLY TWO REASONS PEOPLE STILL BELIEVE IN SKYDADDY ARE:
1. INDOCTRINATION.
2. FEAR OF UNCERTAINTY.

PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED SINCE THE DAY THEY WERE BORN, TO THE EXTENT THAT TO DATE, THEY'RE SOMEHOW CONVINCED THERE'S AN EXISTING RELATIONSHIP (AND COMMUNICATION) WITH GOD IN THEIR MINDS.
PEOPLE WORSHIP GOD AND PRAY BECAUSE THEY'RE AFRAID OF TRAGEDY AND FAILURES. THEY'RE AFRAID OF DYING, AND ALSO WHAT HAPPENS TO US AFTER WE DIE.

IF YOU DO NOT INDOCTRINATE A CHILD, AND HE GROWS UP NOT FEARING SUPERSTITIOUS ELEMENTS, DEATH, AND UNCERTAINTY, THEN HE'D HAVE NO NEED TO BELIEVE IN OR WORSHIP ANY GOD.

A Rebel is a Fool because his end is Always Suicide!

Phone wey waka by itself comot for table I beg wetin E dey find?

Camry wey go visit e girlfriend and e no tell e owner abeg wetin e dey find?

Chair wey talk say e no go respect e owner abeg wetin e dey find?

Wa-ha-laa, e dey find! Wahala e go geti oh oohh!
Wa-ha-laa, e dey find! Wahala
Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by TheSourcerer: 9:20am On Dec 21, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Because it is good and proper to respect Your Creator and Owner like your phone and cars must respect you.
beautifully said , Good Morning and hope you have an amazing day
Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by TheSourcerer: 9:23am On Dec 21, 2020
Ladyzeus:
Because He is God
which God? It's just that words like 'God ' and ' Lord' are just TITLES
I'm sorry it's just Capitalization of the first G in god doesn't diffrenciate your god from 3800+ gods ,who also have their'Gods' name capitalized in their languages too ,

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by TheSourcerer: 9:26am On Dec 21, 2020
truespeak:
Does your spoon think to fight you?

Only a Fool thinks to Challenge his Creator!
Is it not logical if not wise to ask questions in class if lagging ?, why then is would the atheists questioning be accounted to foolishness?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by TheSourcerer: 9:30am On Dec 21, 2020
Gadodoko:
I BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE; As living thing we were not present on earth some years back, then we are now here living and some day we will be no more(dead). we came from somewhere to leave on earth. when we die we are going somewhere. only religion provide answers to these questions. Religion talk about believing in GOD.
Yes Religion provides an answer to our reason for existence
But that is only one answer admits hundreds others
But thinking your whole life should be indebted to the worship of a Creator , is not logically the best choice admits other logical ,modern in fact I dare say factual reason for our existence.

Again kind sir why do you still believe in God?
Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Gadodoko: 9:48am On Dec 21, 2020
It all depend on how we want to think base on our exposure. Not logical if we have the freewill, i.e not subjected to the laws of existance. But it will be logical when we realise our limitations. Our limitation drive us to believe in that which we think is limitless whome religion point to.
TheSourcerer:
But thinking your whole life should be indebted to the worship of a Creator , is not logically the best choice admits other logical ,modern in fact I dare say factual reason for our existence.

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Hakeem12(m): 10:09am On Dec 21, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
1. INDOCTRINATION.
2. FEAR OF UNCERTAINTY.

When I tell people parents need to apologize to their children for forcing religion on them, they look at me funny. Telling children as young as six or seven about hell is criminal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by TheSourcerer: 10:10am On Dec 21, 2020
Gadodoko:
It all depend on how we want to think base on our exposure. Not logical if we have the freewill, i.e not subjected to the laws of existance. But it will be logical when we realise our limitations. Our limitation drive us to believe in that which we think is limitless whome religion point to.
which is sad for our existence .
Sad indeed .
Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Hakeem12(m): 10:11am On Dec 21, 2020
Gadodoko:
Do you have any memory of a previous existence prior to this? Do you remember your time in heaven? Our lives begin here on earth the day we were born and end the day we die

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Dtruthspeaker: 10:34am On Dec 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
beautifully said , Good Morning and hope you have an amazing day

Thank you sir, same to you too.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Gadodoko: 10:35am On Dec 21, 2020
We are free to our imagination. Come to think of the process of birth u mention, reseach made us to believe we are a product of our parent, 2 chromosome. 2 from each parent. Ur parent from their parent and going in a chain to the very first pair on earth. Our existance is more than birth and die sir.
Hakeem12:
Do you have any memory of a previous existence prior to this? Do you remember your time in heaven? Our lives begin here on earth the day we were born and end the day we die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by TheSourcerer: 10:35am On Dec 21, 2020
Hakeem12:
the same way we knew nothing of before we were born so we will also know nothing after death , without a living brain/ pain Nerves the body is incapable of feeling any for of pain or pleasure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Hakeem12(m): 10:48am On Dec 21, 2020
Gadodoko:
We are free to our imagination. Come to think of the process of birth u mention, reseach made us to believe we are a product of our parent, 2 chromosome. 2 from each parent. Ur parent from their parent and going in a chain to the very first pair on earth. Our existance is more than birth and die sir.
So you believe Adam and Eve populated the whole planet? That all the races of the earth came from them? And that despite all that, god decided to stick to a specific race and call them his people? The rest of us were created by Satan? Bruv, one doesn't need to go deep into religion to now it is a badly written script, a comic farce.

Do you even know the verses in the bible were voted to be put there? That all the stories in the bible were modelled after ancient religions before it. Your pastors know this. The rich ones are in business, the poor ones still believe their delusions. See, there's a lot to say and so little time. But the first path to sanity is asking questions.

Mr gadodoko, throughout history, there are two forces that have always been at war with each other. Those who command, those who repress, who don't want us to conscious enquiring beings,....and those who want us to be stronger, wiser, to explore. The most dangerous people in the world Mr gadodoko are not witches, nor wizards nor scientists, they are religious people when their gods are threatened.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by truespeak: 10:56am On Dec 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:
Is it not logical if not wise to ask questions in class if lagging ?, why then is would the atheists questioning be accounted to foolishness?

Indeed it is reasonable, good and allowable to ask reasonable questions and a good Teacher would be happy to receive such questions.

But there is a difference between asking questions and Challenging a Person.

For in asking questions it is because you desire to acquire or confirm information but a Challenge is a Duel, a Fight, a call to Arms and War follows.

Which is also different from a debate which is about 2 Adversaries presenting their own solid positions to see which of them holds a greater substance over and against his opponent.

Then there is the place of Foolish Questions which no reasonable teacher would find acceptable, eg like your phone demanding who manufactured you or your car complaining to you "why did you park me in the mud, do you not see it is dirty, or your laptop in your house saying "free me jare, na you own me?"
Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 21, 2020
TheSourcerer:

Religion provides answers to stupid questions such as who created this or that?
Creationism is pure nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 21, 2020
truespeak:

Indeed it is reasonable, good and allowable to ask reasonable questions and a good Teacher would be happy to receive such questions.

But there is a difference between asking questions and Challenging a Person.

For in asking questions it is because you desire to acquire or confirm information but a Challenge is a Duel, a Fight, a call to Arms and War follows.

Which is also different from a debate which is about 2 Adversaries presenting their own solid positions to see which of them holds a greater substance over and against his opponent.

Then there is the place of Foolish Questions which no reasonable teacher would find acceptable, eg like your phone demanding who manufactured you or your car complaining to you "why did you park me in the mud, do you not see it is dirty, or your laptop in your house saying "free me jare, na you own me?"
It's impossible for your phone to ask you questions.
So,your post is baseless.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Hakeem12(m): 11:04am On Dec 21, 2020
HellVictorinho:

it's impossible for a creator who doesn't want you to ask questions to give you the ability to do so. It's impossible for a creator who doesn't want you to be logical to give you a brain capable of logic. Your assertion is baseless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by truespeak: 11:06am On Dec 21, 2020
HellVictorinho:

2 Answers for you.
1) because you did not give it right to speak up
2) you would still not give a poo about what it says even if you gave it permission to speak, or are you going to lie now and say that you would listen to your car when it says "i hope you are not putting me through that dirty flood?" and you would say "okay sir, I'll look for another way"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Still Believe In God, by Dtruthspeaker: 11:15am On Dec 21, 2020
HellVictorinho:

Religion provides answers to stupid questions such as who created this or that?
Creationism is pure nonsense.

It's your kind who asked Stupid Questions and compelling us to answer it.

Now we have answered it and now you are complaining again claiming it was "a stupid question", was it not a stupid question even before you demanded us to answer?

Abeg, chill!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What’s Your Say? / Urgent: Whats The Biggest Mosque In Africa, Sub-sahara, And West Africa / Criticising A Man Of God- Is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.