Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Should I Bring Her Over To The US? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Bring Her Over To The US? (40929 Views)

Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father / How Can She Bring Her Husband Back Home? / "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Judybash93(m): 11:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
Bola146:
angry Its means you don't love her Three years?!! better you let her know her fate.

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Judybash93(m): 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
pozehnani:
Childish behavior. Why the fend for yourself idea when you plan to marry her?
She should dump you and never look back because your type can make marriage hellish for a woman.

This mentality of yours is so bad and it will make you lose a lot. You better drop it before aze wunyen a gba gi there.

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by SamNaijaboy: 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
actually, they Bleep around with AA men while giving fellow Nigerian men that want to date them the run around grin

IamRandy:

THEY FUVKING go after the White DUDES!!!

D matter b say, plenty of them no finecheesycheesy
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Sonyboom: 11:53pm On Dec 22, 2020
Comment by a lunatic.
The hasty generalization you wrote against is what you accuse every living soul of.
Softly softly de act foolish.

Chrisbella24:
I just hate people that think the way you do.

"....... I'm not sure about marriage yet......."

Yen yen yen.

Leave her na
Why una just like to dey stress unaself.

You made a decision that you would never sponsor any woman. Now, why can't you decide this?

You brought it here on Nairaland so people will give you Advice they won't even accept on a Normal day when it comes to their relationships?

You know your girlfriend well, you've been dating for 3 fvcking years angry
So because one woman decided to be ungrateful after she traveled abroad with her husband now means every other woman will be the same?

You all are pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by saasala(m): 12:05am On Dec 23, 2020
canttedra:

I love her. I'm not sure about marriage yet, but it could happen with her.

With this said, move on. Dump her.

You should only sacrifice that much for a woman you cant wait to get married to, and even at that, it is not a guarantee that she would not turn into one of these abroad-miss-road women we read on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by chaloskyx: 12:10am On Dec 23, 2020
LEAVE OUR GIRL ALONE SOMEONE IN NIGERIA WOULD MARRY HER AND TAKE CARE OF HER. YOU CAN FOCUS ON GETTING SOMEONE IN THE US TO SUIT YOUR TASTE. LEAVE THE POOR GIRL ALONE SHE HAS MORALS AND CANT JUST RUN TO ANOTHER MANS HOUSE WITHOUT ANY FORM OF COMMITMENT. IN US YES BOYFRIENDS AND GIRLFRNDS CAN LIVE UNDER THE SAME ROOF AND ARE SEEN AS COUPLES LEGALLY HOWEVER IN NIGERIA YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE RITES AND WED HER LEGALLY IF NOT YOU CAN KEEP YOUR AMERICAN DOLLARS AND SPONSORSHIP ALL TO YOURSELF.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by VicM6: 12:12am On Dec 23, 2020
canttedra:

My brother, you are confused just like buhari..... sit down nd think far then u will knw d right step to take..... Any decision u take will surly have an effect on u... period.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by ednut1(m): 12:13am On Dec 23, 2020
No one cares
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Hathor5(f): 12:15am On Dec 23, 2020
canttedra:
The recent topic on the home page motivated me to make this post, anonymously of course.

We were dating before I left Nigeria. We've been dating for about three years. Sometime last year I got a new job in the US (I schooled there so it was easy), and moved away from the country. Until a few weeks ago, we talked nearly every other day. It's always fun talking to her. But lately, things have started to get a little rough because of something that came up, and which I would like to believe is not my fault.

Prior to dating her, since I was a kid in university, I made myself a few promises relating to women:

1. I will never pay a woman's school fees
2. I will never rent a house or apartment for a woman, nor furnish an existing apartment
3. I will never sponsor a woman abroad.

Of course, this does not mean that I won't buy a woman gifts (I do that regularly), or take her on a nice trip. I just do not envisage myself pulling a woman up the social ladder. I prefer she makes her own growth moves as it relates to finances or relocation.

I made these promises based on the fact that I expected that whomever I make a partner should be able to make something of their own selves. I do not want to be anybody's savior or anyone's get-out-of-jail card. This resolution has made lose a few women in the past who thought the relationship should be based on what they can get out of it, and my girlfriend knows this.

The situation right now is that there is a path for her to come to America through studying. We already talked about her applying for graduate studies and then transitioning here into a better job. However, she now feels that would be stressful and may not work. Instead, she thinks it's better if I return to Nigeria this December to marry her and then sponsor her eventually to the US. That's not going to happen. This has created a rift and we have not been talking for a while now.

Am I being unreasonable here? How can I make her realize she can be her own person and not have to depend on someone else to "sponsor" her? It just drives me nuts that she knows this about me but is now vehemently insisting that this is the only viable option.

Is her current situation that bad that you feel that bringing her to the US is like saving her?

5 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Phraences: 12:16am On Dec 23, 2020
canttedra:

Love is not enough. If you are not ready for marriage, then you are not ready. Don't marry under pressure. But she probably brought up the marriage idea because you are the one pushing for her to come abroad. Not everyone wants to travel abroad just like that unless the process has been made easier like in the case of marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by madjune(m): 12:18am On Dec 23, 2020
It's mind-boggling hearing folks talk about things they don't know or have the capacity of giving.

Truth be said, you don't know what's love, neither do you have the capacity to love anyone.
You sound very self Centered.

How can you love or care about anybody and not wish to see things easier around her?

How can you love and not ready or willing to sacrifice?

I'm sure sacrifice no dey your dictionary.

Sacrifice is an essential and mandatory ingredient in any relationship.
Be it dating or marriage.

And, if you chose to stick with this your queer way of life, better look for a monastery near you because no normal woman will stay long around you.

Selfish human being.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by addictiv(m): 12:19am On Dec 23, 2020
She should workout her salvation o...

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by ComputerWiz007: 12:28am On Dec 23, 2020
Idonije8:
You nor see woman marry there?? Too many stories about men helping their girlfriends to America then along the line something happened if I was you I will marry someone there preferably a white sweet lady grin : abeg leave this Nigeria girls they are so ungrateful when they finally get what they want
Now now better person talk
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by ComputerWiz007: 12:33am On Dec 23, 2020
Lol
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Korllami007: 12:38am On Dec 23, 2020
osazsky:
she will be after his property..na so them take eject my uncle commot for him house for london..na naija him dey now..meanwhile the black hole took custody of children and his house now she is married to another white victim whom happend to be a med doctor

If it was only divorce, it would have been better. But this women will make sure they destroy them. The same man that used millions of naira to sponsor you abroad so that you can enjoy good life, get good job with good earnings that you'll never get if you're in Nigeria. Destroying your helper it's just first degree evil. If you're tired of the marriage, divorce and let everyone go their separate ways. But these women will destroy them completely. The luckiest ones will just lose their properties and become homeless. The unlucky ones will be sent to jail or be deported back to Nigeria and at the same given travel ban and left with nothing while the women stay back and enjoy what those men have toiled day and night for.
Sponsoring a girl from Nigeria to abroad is like using your hard-earned money to invest in your future calamity.
The consequences of it when things go south it's just too much for someone to even think about it talk more of doing it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Dannyozs(m): 12:38am On Dec 23, 2020
Dijita:

I pray god almighty will settle your brother home. I however disagree with you on your conclusion about most women. Majority of women who followed their men overseas are living in harmony with their husband and making a good home for their children. Majority of Nigerians I know in UK, London and Canada are living with the wife they brought from Nigeria. I know a man that brought his own brother to the US and they are not in good term today. This cut across Yoruba, Igbo and other minority groups. My brother in Canada is married to Igbo lady she took her to Canada they are living in harmony. I am living in harmony with my wife we are both Yoruba, We many of our very close family friends have another very friends are living in harmony with their children. I have friends in their 60s and 70s who have been here for years they are living in harmony. In fact one of them returned to Nigeria to established a pharmaceutical company. he left the wife here for almost 10 yrs just visiting once a year or their about. The company collapse and he returned back to the US. One of my friend left her wife at home and she decided to part way with him because she felt she is taking too long to come for her. I have another friend that left his wife home and decided to marry another woman in UK without telling the woman. I know women who brought their husband here and vice versa. I sympathize with those who have fall victim but we can't say because people drown we will not bath. There is high divorce rate in the western world and that is going to affect us as well
lies, all lies. I dont even have the strength to argue with you but you know deep down you are lying.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Oceanfield: 12:39am On Dec 23, 2020
canttedra:
The recent topic on the home page motivated me to make this post, anonymously of course.

We were dating before I left Nigeria. We've been dating for about three years. Sometime last year I got a new job in the US (I schooled there so it was easy), and moved away from the country. Until a few weeks ago, we talked nearly every other day. It's always fun talking to her. But lately, things have started to get a little rough because of something that came up, and which I would like to believe is not my fault.

Prior to dating her, since I was a kid in university, I made myself a few promises relating to women:

2. I will never rent a house or apartment for a woman, nor furnish an existing apartment

Of course, this does not mean that I won't buy a woman gifts (I do that regularly), or take her on a nice trip. I just do not envisage myself pulling a woman up the social ladder. I prefer she makes her own growth moves as it relates to finances or relocation.

I made these promises based on the fact that I expected that whomever I make a partner should be able to make something of their own selves. I do not want to be anybody's savior or anyone's get-out-of-jail card. This resolution has made lose a few women in the past who thought the relationship should be based on what they can get out of it, and my girlfriend knows this.

The situation right now is that there is a path for her to come to America through studying. We already talked about her applying for graduate studies and then transitioning here into a better job. However, she now feels that would be stressful and may not work. Instead, she thinks it's better if I return to Nigeria this December to marry her and then sponsor her eventually to the US. That's not going to happen. This has created a rift and we have not been talking for a while now.

Am I being unreasonable here? How can I make her realize she can be her own person and not have to depend on someone else to "sponsor" her? It just drives me nuts that she knows this about me but is now vehemently insisting that this is the only viable option.

There are so many sad stories of Nigerian Men who did this. So be careful.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by addictiv(m): 12:40am On Dec 23, 2020
canttedra:

She should workout her salvation o... Instead of seeking an easy way out... Let her work for it. Else she won't understand the effort you re making. There is only one choice... She should at least try the graduate route and if it doesn't work she keeps trying till it works. Don't let a woman or anyone force or blackmail you emotionally into marriage.. Your life will be hell...simply tell her that you only plan to get married in 3 years or more.. So if she wants to travel now she has to do the graduate route. The fact that she's not ready to listen to you now that she's not yet married to you is already a red flag. Also the fact that she is not ready to make effort towards her own growth and development is another red flag. The fact that she discarded your opinion as irrelevant and would only consider her own opinion as the only way out is another red flag. The fact that she is INSISTING that you go against your personal values to satisfy her desires is another red flag. You shouldn't force someone to go against their personal values no matter how insane you think the values are... only an inconsiderate person will do such a thing. Bro..use ur tongue to count your teeth.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by moonraker(m): 12:44am On Dec 23, 2020
Bola146:
angry Its means you don't love her Three years?!! better you let her know her fate.

Valid point
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by SamNaijaboy: 12:47am On Dec 23, 2020
Sacrifice Ko, Sacrificial lamb ni grin

If roles were reversed, would she sacrifice? always looking for men to spend and work for you. How many Nigerian women have ever bought anything more than $100 for their men, yet will be looking for cars and gifts & things costing $10,000. You think we are going to be dumb forever?
Keep your one-sided love dear

madjune:
It's mind-boggling hearing folks talk about things they don't know or have the capacity of giving.

Truth be said, you don't know what's love, neither do you have the capacity to love anyone.
You sound very self Centered.

How can you love or care about anybody and not wish to see things easier around her?

How can you love and not ready or willing to sacrifice?

I'm sure sacrifice no dey your dictionary.

Sacrifice is an essential and mandatory ingredient in any relationship.
Be it dating or marriage.

And, if you chose to stick with this your queer way of life, better look for a monastery near you because no normal woman will stay long around you.

Selfish human being.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by moonraker(m): 12:48am On Dec 23, 2020
If it were a woman you knew for a short period of time, I would say nahhhhhh grin grin

However, 3 years bro.........

Assuming she doesnt have a side guy on the side (because lets face it, anything is possible).

You know what to do. Unless ofcourse, you arent ready yet.

If this is a woman you see yourself spending the rest of your life with, then negotiate with her.

If she has stuck with your for 3 years, then she is level headed.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Neoteny(m): 12:53am On Dec 23, 2020
Compensate her for the 3 years of her life you've wasted then leave her the fukk alone, you conceited POS.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 23, 2020
Oga, that your money, do you want to carry it to heaven?
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 23, 2020
canttedra:

After 3 years, you're not sure about marriage. May God drive your type far away from me. Amen

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by ChikaSunday(m): 12:59am On Dec 23, 2020
canttedra:

Bro, she is a Nigerian girl, worse are the graduates, they see themselves as commodities that a man must pay for, spend for, may be this is the time your head needs excape from fantasy to think more straight. Check her background especially her mother, is she in a husband's house? Is she controlling the man? Just check the mother well before you make a step. You will get a clearer message....
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Rexnegro(m): 12:59am On Dec 23, 2020
Idonije8:
You nor see woman marry there?? Too many stories about men helping their girlfriends to America then along the line something happened if I was you I will marry someone there preferably a white sweet lady grin : abeg leave this Nigeria girls they are so ungrateful when they finally get what they want
no be lie bro , most of them are liability .
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by osazsky(m): 1:05am On Dec 23, 2020
greggng:
I read all your policy and it doesn't work in this jet age....The question to ask is how did you become whom you are....? Are you saying u never got help from anyone , your parents and relatives inclusive ...if your answer is yes then you have the moral ground to continue with your outdated principles . But if you 've gotten help from anyone in your past or present ....then consider yourself a selfcentes human being and you 've nothing to offer humanity
when u help a guy...last last when u are broke ur guy nor go leave u..but if u help a girl thier mentality is he is helping me cuz of sex and i am giving him sex..so i am the one doing a favour..when money finish she immediately start looking for another venza..a better interest and another opputunity..na them go still dey say after all i have done for u u still left me.d question is what did they really do
Anyone that can mention 3 things they did deserve my respect....they are few remaing in d world.infact only 3..one died in 1323.the orther after d cilvio war.the last one was the one i married. If u see anyone in2045 pls marry her..what is wrong in a girl going to upgrade over there ..y is thier mentality tied to marraige and sex..no aspirations at all.i nor understand

2 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Yankee101: 1:14am On Dec 23, 2020
Insist she goes through the Master > H1B route.

You already sound like she's pressuring you and you don't want to do it.

No go fall mugu.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by osazsky(m): 1:14am On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=Judybash93 post=97339372][/quote]guy way get money na him they dump babe but if the guy is poor. racheed imbalanced jobless with moustache na babe they dump that one pls let know how to arange our words and comment.this is s public forum. Pls modify the statenent thks
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by osazsky(m): 1:16am On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=Judybash93 post=97339372][/quote] guy way get money na him they dump babe but if the guy is poor. racheed imbalanced jobless with moustache na babe they dump that one pls let know how to arange our words and comment.this is s public forum. Pls modify the statenent thks

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by jesmond3945: 1:16am On Dec 23, 2020
canttedra:

then leave her alone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Recent Photos Of The Baby That Was Rescued By A Dog After Being Abandoned / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / I Disowned My Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.