Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,679 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts (39485 Views)

Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation / Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Vision4God: 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
andyanders:
Did they book you into an hotel for the delay that day?

Not at all. That was how we sat down on d chair, roamed the airport environment, bought d Airport expensive food, slept using our hand luggage as pillow, played games, ran down our batteries.... D list goes on....... U can imagine d rest.

In fact was told we were lucky that those who were scheduled to fly previous day prior to ours then, their flight was canceled after waiting for close to 9hours at the airport.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Yrey: 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
Wahala be like gingle bell. E de ring every year
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Teibaba(m): 11:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
This exactly what peace mass transit did.

Make baba God upgrade me oh. E get y
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by frankputer: 11:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
i was at the airport. dana airline disappointed their customers. in fact i tot this was the fight that took place around 9am.
dana staff were attacked in the morning hours of Sunday due to multiple flight reschedule, which is the first attack. Dana failed her customers on 20th dec 2020. i'm an eye witness. 9pm flight was rescheduled to 7PM next day. a guy that wanted to catch up with a wedding in the morning was stranded.

3 Likes

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by madridsta007(m): 11:27pm On Dec 21, 2020
southniyikaye:
Have met so many people with disabilities and one thing I notice in most (notice the most) is, because of low self esteem, they are violent, wicked sometimes and tend to react quickly to even matters that requires you laugh slightly and walk away...
And at the same time, some of them are nice, have come across some that have positive vibe so if am to judge, i will say 70% are violent while the rest 30 are good...
It's like they always wait for you to say something wrong so they can vent their anger and frustration on you....

For those quoting me, I wrote what I wrote here based on years of working with many of them.. I have made alot of easy aids for most of them and working with so many of them over the years made me draw my conclusions..
If you make even the slightest mistake, they will tell you it's because they are disabled and you look down on them.. They don't take things easy and they flare up at the slightest provocation...
You might have met disabled angels but have met both the good, the bad and the ugly...

I once stretched out my hand to help a blind person walking down an escalator.... He violently slapped my hand. I actually asked him, "can I help you sir?"
Well he stumbled and fell as he missed his footing.
They can be quite violent and I think it is down to low self esteem.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by BanevsJoker(m): 11:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
southniyikaye:
Have met so many people with disabilities and one thing I notice in most (notice the most) is, because of low self esteem, they are violent, wicked sometimes and tend to react quickly to even matters that requires you laugh slightly and walk away...
And at the same time, some of them are nice, have come across some that have positive vibe so if am to judge, i will say 70% are violent while the rest 30 are good...
It's like they always wait for you to say something wrong so they can vent their anger and frustration on you....

For those quoting me, I wrote what I wrote here based on years of working with many of them.. I have made alot of easy aids for most of them and working with so many of them over the years made me draw my conclusions..
If you make even the slightest mistake, they will tell you it's because they are disabled and you look down on them.. They don't take things easy and they flare up at the slightest provocation...
You might have met disabled angels but have met both the good, the bad and the ugly...
You owe no one an explanation. State your opinion and stick to it.
Same reason short people and stamerers are quick-temperered. Inferiority complex.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by kabillionaire(m): 11:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
I support the doctor

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by pyx: 12:09am On Dec 22, 2020
When, you forgot the event happen in Nigeria!
onyechez:

He will also sue them for fraudulent.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by aspiring44: 2:26am On Dec 22, 2020
Kaduna1stson:
When you offered to reschedule him till next morning, did you agree to pay his hotel bills for the night?

That makes him a special passenger. He is special in every sense
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by aspiring44: 2:31am On Dec 22, 2020
madridsta007:

I once stretched out my hand to help a blind person walking down an escalator.... He violently slapped my hand. I actually asked him, "can I help you sir?"
Well he stumbled and fell as he missed his footing.
They can be quite violent and I think it is down to low self esteem.

It pains them to see how physically challenged they are . God created us beautifully . Errors is not from Him but our own because we cannot create anything .

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by 12inchess: 2:37am On Dec 22, 2020
What a stupid airline. I'm glad he destroyed their check in. Why will they discriminate against him just because he is on a wheel chair. In advanced countries, he will sue them join.Look at the lame excuse Dana airline is giving. They could not find one of the air hostesses to wheel him off to his seat and store his wheel chair in the cargo?

Good Job Dr. OKUGWU. Atleast he did it for people like himself.Nigeria is a jungle and you have to act like an animal at times . At times. He didn't create himself and next time the airline will learn to act better.

PS:Half of the people commenting here have never been in an airport before talkless of enter a flight so they don't know what it means for your flight to be delayed for 12 hrs.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by HRMK: 3:15am On Dec 22, 2020
AM SIMPLY SHORT OF WORDS!TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT!IF UR DENIED A NIGHT FLIGHT FOR GOOD REASON,MUST U DESTROY THEIR PROPERTY?LET THE LAW TAKE ITS COURSE!
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by dragunov: 3:27am On Dec 22, 2020
southniyikaye:

I concur with you. If you have ever seen a gang of armed robbers with a disabled fella among them, he 100% of the time is the most wicked and evil among them.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by tubolancer(m): 3:48am On Dec 22, 2020
GboyegaD:
What the hell is wrong with us?
With you sir?
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Jaqenhghar: 4:51am On Dec 22, 2020
southniyikaye:
thank you for commenting reasonably... Most are just bashing me without reading properly what I wrote
I only objected to your use of the word "low sef esteem". Its actually anger and frustration.
Look at the society nah. If you are poor its your fault. If you have a disability its your fault. If for some reason you are at a disadvantage everyone will make sure you are miserable at every turn.
The Western world we talk of life is made easier for the less privileged. Special parking lots for physically challenged people, special seating sections in public buses, even those who cant work because of their disabilities have their needs taken care of.
I am surprised he can even afford an air ticket goes to show that he must have a fighting spirit to be where he is.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by JustforMen: 5:04am On Dec 22, 2020
southniyikaye:
thanks for being one of the mental people
Your response to my point is also violent! Could it also be due to low self esteem?

It is called being cerebral.
Some people still think and do not quote their opinions as baseless statistics - you can have an opinion with no problems at all but not false stats.
You said nonsense and you are fighting up and down to sustain it.
It may not even be low self esteem. It could be that they refuse to up with nonsense simply because they are disabled.
The man in the story is a doctor, most likely an academic.
Oga high self esteem, do you have any achievement that surpasses the man's PhD attained inspite of his disability?

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by maina55: 6:15am On Dec 22, 2020
southniyikaye:

. It is always good to know and understand the story from both side,, I was at that airport on Sunday evening,, only for us passagers to be told that we can't fly that night,, because there was no seat, what happened to the ones we paid for, dana air couldn't even give any explanation, Dr. Chike was not given any alternative to fly the next morning,, they even told us that the next available flight for us is Monday 7pm,, that was when passagers started reacting and destroying things. I regret ever booking danaair,, useless airline.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by flyingdutchman(m): 7:12am On Dec 22, 2020
FarahAideed:
Now it makes sense .. The man was being childish because they were only helping him ..Nigerian local Airports are very inefficient at night
They were not "helping him".Every airline has a duty of care to assist people with disabilities. They humiliated him hence his reaction. He should be prosecuted, and he should sue the airline.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Lambarry1: 7:30am On Dec 22, 2020
How did have the ability to cause such colossal damage.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by subcbouy: 7:50am On Dec 22, 2020
Because the country is rubbish that is why special people aren't considered in any decision. How would you say they aren't permitted to board at night? In developed countries, every decision taken include special people, so they will not feel rejected such as this one.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Collyno82(m): 8:01am On Dec 22, 2020
southniyikaye:

I still blame Dana. Why didn't they communicate the new policy to the public. Probably he has been doing night journey with them all this while.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by lebete3000: 8:08am On Dec 22, 2020
southniyikaye:

The truth of the matter is, if they weren't disabled you wouldn't do some of the things you do to them, but unfortunately you do them subconsciously.

Also, if you're actually humane, you too should be wary enough to act around them, as it's easy for them to feel inadequate due to their predicament. Take a wall in their shoes before you come to your conclusion...

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 22, 2020
When it comes to DANA I'll totally agree with the passenger. All staff and management of DANA airline are totally useless. Same thing happened to me on saturday. After booking a flight about a month earlier for saturday 19th December 5:30pm Abuja flight, I arrived MMIA only to be informed that the flight has been canceled without any information. We were asked to reschedule for the next day by 11 am. After rescheduling, I arrived the airport on sunday to get my boarding pass only for my flight to be changed to 4:45 pm with no explanation. When I even tried to ask why my flight was changed from 11am to 4pm I got a rude answer.. Guess the time my flight finally took off......... 6:20 pm on sunday 20th December. Without no compensation or apologies......... No to DANA Airways������

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Salamiayobami01(m): 9:02am On Dec 22, 2020
arukwe123:
[s][/s] 100% rubbish. How many of them have you encountered to come to this conclusion.

why are u like this, did u read and understand his statement at all??
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by 10thTenthMan: 9:16am On Dec 22, 2020
DANA,

Your level of gross unprofessionalism, lack of care and total stupidity this xmas period is not only worth destroying your equipment for. It it is worth grounding all your aero planes.

You allowed people book flights as early as possible. The deal is once the flight is booked and fares paid, it is a first come first serve basis. You cannot kick me out of a flight because someone offered to pay a higher fare. THAT WAS WHAT YOU DID ON THE 20TH OF DECEMBER AND YOU ARE DOING TILL THIS DAY. After passengers had booked these flights early enough, you decided to cancel flights that were booked cheaply earlier this year. CALLOUSLY AND WICKEDLY. And you are here shamelessly trying to make a stupid point by making baseless accusations that cannot be verified.

Let us even assume the said passenger has been known to throw a fit and treat people poorly. Let us also agree that destroying your equipment is not a part of the avenues available for him to seek redress. The question is on this particular case, was it justified? THE ANSWER IS A RESOUNDING YES. YOU CANCELLED PEOPLES FLIGHTS WITHOUT/OR ON VERY SHORT NOTICE WHILE THEY WERE GETTING OUT OF BED TO HEAD TO THE AIRPORT. Only for them to realize the flights were actually available but suspected that you had swapped passengers who were ready to pay more. How do I know this? Because you did this same stupid thing to my family that was supposed to Travel on the 20th of December. Just that morning you sent messages cancelling flights of families and of people who booked the xmas flight earlier in the year and cheaper. YOU SAW PEOPLE WHO WERE WILLING TO PAY YOU HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA PLUS AND YOU DECIDED TO SHED THOSE WHO BOUGHT THE TICKETS CHEAPER AND EARLIER.

AS AN AIRLINE YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. HOW ARE WE SURE THIS SAME GREEDY COMMERCIAL INTEREST WAS NOT PART OF THE ROOT CAUSES THAT LED TO YOUR CRASH? How are we sure taking greedy irrational decisions for commercial interest was not a critical root cause, or contributory cause?

Some of us thought it that second chances were not a bad thing, hence we book your flights. And NO! Not because it is cheaper. But because you actually did have top notch service in the past making customers feel welcome and even taking special care of customers when flights are delayed. However, this show of stupidity this xmas must imply that something is seriously wrong with your company at this time. It is either you now have a very heartless set of management who do not believe in customer loyalty or there is someone who is hell bent on destroying your company's reputation.

We know your company's goal is to make money. No doubt. But at the expense of the comfort of a mother and three children? Your Booking Officers saw a mother and three children and decided to cancel her flight. A call was put through to them the the ignorant fool who picked the phone claimed that she can use the ticket some other time around next year? Really? Some other time? That level of idiocy makes me scared for the kind of people that run these aviation companies in Nigeria.

HAVE SOME SHAME.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2020
maina55:
. It is always good to know and understand the story from both side,, I was at that airport on Sunday evening,, only for us passagers to be told that we can't fly that night,, because there was no seat, what happened to the ones we paid for, dana air couldn't even give any explanation, Dr. Chike was not given any alternative to fly the next morning,, they even told us that the next available flight for us is Monday 7pm,, that was when passagers started reacting and destroying things. I regret ever booking danaair,, useless airline.
I am not saying what I said based on what happened at Dana, I only generalized based on what have seen.. It is my own opinion, others opinion may differ

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by madridsta007(m): 1:26pm On Dec 22, 2020
aspiring44:

It pains them to see how physically challenged they are . God created us beautifully . Errors is not from Him but our own because we cannot create anything .
I accept this. But they should be aware that some members of the society are not tyrants, but are keen to give them support where possible.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by lorhema(f): 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
maina55:

I believe this report because it's more like what I've experienced. That Dana story didn't cut it.

Why are they not suing him but stopping at telling us he has a bad history with airlines? It's because their hands are not clean on this matter and if he sues them too, they could lose and pay damages.

Customer care is a very weak part of our service industry.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
10thTenthMan:
DANA,

Your level of gross unprofessionalism, lack of care and total stupidity this xmas period is not only worth destroying your equipment for. It it is worth grounding all your aero planes.

You allowed people book flights as early as possible. The deal is once the flight is booked and fares paid, it is a first come first serve basis. You cannot kick me out of a flight because someone offered to pay a higher fare. THAT WAS WHAT YOU DID ON THE 20TH OF DECEMBER AND YOU ARE DOING TILL THIS DAY. After passengers had booked these flights early enough, you decided to cancel flights that were booked cheaply earlier this year. CALLOUSLY AND WICKEDLY. And you are here shamelessly trying to make a stupid point by making baseless accusations that cannot be verified.

Let us even assume the said passenger has been known to throw a fit and treat people poorly. Let us also agree that destroying your equipment is not a part of the avenues available for him to seek redress. The question is on this particular case, was it justified? THE ANSWER IS A RESOUNDING YES. YOU CANCELLED PEOPLES FLIGHTS WITHOUT/OR ON VERY SHORT NOTICE WHILE THEY WERE GETTING OUT OF BED TO HEAD TO THE AIRPORT. Only for them to realize the flights were actually available but suspected that you had swapped passengers who were ready to pay more. How do I know this? Because you did this same stupid thing to my family that was supposed to Travel on the 20th of December. Just that morning you sent messages cancelling flights of families and of people who booked the xmas flight earlier in the year and cheaper. YOU SAW PEOPLE WHO WERE WILLING TO PAY YOU HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA PLUS AND YOU DECIDED TO SHED THOSE WHO BOUGHT THE TICKETS CHEAPER AND EARLIER.

AS AN AIRLINE YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. HOW ARE WE SURE THIS SAME GREEDY COMMERCIAL INTEREST WAS NOT PART OF THE ROOT CAUSES THAT LED TO YOUR CRASH? How are we sure taking greedy irrational decisions for commercial interest was not a critical root cause, or contributory cause?

Some of us thought it that second chances were not a bad thing, hence we book your flights. And NO! Not because it is cheaper. But because you actually did have top notch service in the past making customers feel welcome and even taking special care of customers when flights are delayed. However, this show of stupidity this xmas must imply that something is seriously wrong with your company at this time. It is either you now have a very heartless set of management who do not believe in customer loyalty or there is someone who is hell bent on destroying your company's reputation.

We know your company's goal is to make money. No doubt. But at the expense of the comfort of a mother and three children? Your Booking Officers saw a mother and three children and decided to cancel her flight. A call was put through to them the the ignorant fool who picked the phone claimed that she can use the ticket some other time around next year? Really? Some other time? That level of idiocy makes me scared for the kind of people that run these aviation companies in Nigeria.

HAVE SOME SHAME.

Damn. This is a new one. If you're sure about this allegation then I'm completely disgusted.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 3:42am On Dec 29, 2020
Bad guy. He really vandalized that workspace cheesy

The airlines deserve it and more even...they are selfiah, greedy, unscrupulous and unprofessional, with those same qualities generally exhibited in their work force on a good day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibom Air Acquires 6th Aircraft (Photos) / Pictures From My Trip To Singapore / Turkish Lady Names Her Child After The Nigerian Man That Helped Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.