Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts (39492 Views)

Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation / Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by FarahAideed: 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
onyechez:

Someone booked a flight at 7.am, airline rescheduled it at 9.pm.(according to you local flight are inefficient at night but they knew all these yet rescheduled at such time)
Later gave a notice that Same day that there's a change in policy.
What company does that?
That's incompetence at the highest order.
If such policies exists why can't they inform him earlier.
God should help people to leave this wicked country called Nigeria.

Oh was it a rescheduled flight?
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by SeriouslySense(m): 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
which was what exactly, was it for the convenience of other passengers
frankson1:

It was stated why his flight was rescheduled.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
pyx:
That one no hard, discrimination does not mean he should destroy property.
as long he is charge to court, he will be made to pay for his foolishness.
He will also sue them for fraudulent.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Greenbirth: 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nigeria is full of Shit. Dana Air should be sued for discrimination. Did they know the business opportunity the pwd man was going to lag to transact while he booked the ticket. Fools

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by osuntokun(m): 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
May God bless you for this. In addition, please note that he actually booked for a 7 o clock flight which was rescheduled for 9. As a physically challenged person, do you think it will be that convenient for him to just turn back and walk away? Who rolls him back? Who picks a taxi for him, who pays for his hotels and feeding.

Knowing fully well that he has made those arrangements at his destination.

Dana una no try!

quote author=Kaduna1stson post=97299868]When you offered to reschedule him till next morning, did you agree to pay his hotel bills for the night?[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by andyanders: 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
Vision4God:
This is not good.
These airlines don't care about u. They will delay flight and not take into consideration the passengers. Some passengers aren't based in that state and some have no relation close by.
That was how we spent a day and half at d Airport due to delay. Although d whether in the north was hazy which was a major factor. Twas an 8am flight, but we eventually took off feom lagos 2.30am the next day, It was d most frustrating flight I ever had.

Dana make una de make proper arrangement for pwd's please when next u are flying late.

The Dr should learn to be accommodating & manage his anger. It's his lose if all airlines refuse to accept him because of his anger issues.

Did they book you into an hotel for the delay that day?
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by postiva: 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2020
Doxidail:
SINGLE-FOUR-ODD]
KICKOFF @ 10PM TONIGHT;
WHATSA-P;
0 9 1 3 3 0 1 92 9 0

PAYMENT AFTER WINNING#

if u truly av thi, u will be richer than Dangote and Otedola combine

[size=24pt] Beware of scammer [/size]
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
FarahAideed:

Oh was it a rescheduled flight?
Please read through.
I really fought airpeace airline online to repay me my 130,000 naira I booked for flight during pre COVID-19, it was a canceled flight, airpeace refused to pickup calls.
It was God that helped me.
If you have not encountered airline wahala in Nigeria you will not understand.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Buffalo2(m): 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
Aero Contractors did same on Saturday
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by hopexter(m): 8:27pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nothing to say until I hear the other side of the story lipsrsealed
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by frankson1(m): 8:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ate247:
In Nigeria if you don't show u can be mad. There won't take you serious. Airpeace is still owing me 67k for my to and fro cancel flight during the pandemic. Sent account number almost 2 months now. So if i go there mad now shay there will say no patience. Flight since April 2020

His showing of madness didn't put him on the flight, so he wasn't taken seriously.
His showing of madness might cost him to part with a large sum of money if Dana Air decides to press charges against him.

So finally, who go loss?

Bottom line is, showing of madness won't make people take you serious.

Good evening Sir/Ma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by frankson1(m): 8:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
SeriouslySense:
which was what exactly, was it for the convenience of other passengers

Read through Sir.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by mariahAngel(f): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
longetivity:
what where they looking at when the disabled man destroyed those costly amount of property

grin grin grin grin grin

What should they have done? Held him down so that they can be charged with "assault on a helpless disabled man" too?
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
Those Nigerian airlines they don't care about their customers, it's either they are reschedling or they are cancelling their flights. They reschedled, cancelled for the next day, why did they issue him with a boarding pass if they weren't going to take him? Where was he going to stay the night? He is a disabled guy, he feels vulnerable they should have took him to a hotel, pay for the hotel and pick him up the next morning for the flight, al at their own expense. His not right to have distroyed their equipments but it is the airlines fault, let them pay for the damages. Maybe next time they shouldn't mess with a vulnerable customer.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by mariahAngel(f): 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2020
SeriouslySense:
I don't understand why they had to reschedule his flight, he is just like any other passenger

No, he's not. He needs special assistance.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2020
onyechez:

Please read through.
I really fought airpeace airline online to repay me my 130,000 naira I booked for flight during pre COVID-19, it was a canceled flight, airpeace refused to pickup calls.
It was God that helped me.
If you have not encountered airline wahala in Nigeria you will not understand.
True talk.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ate247:
In Nigeria if you don't show u can be mad. There won't take you serious. Airpeace is still owing me 67k for my to and fro cancel flight during the pandemic. Sent account number almost 2 months now. So if i go there mad now shay there will say no patience. Flight since April 2020
They paid me my own 130,000 thousand naira on November.
I used an email with Nigerian number, I didn't receive any reply, I used an email with a foreign number, I was paid.
They said 28 working days to get my money back but it was more than that. I thank God.
Nigeria only God will help us.

5 Likes

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Arabaincubus: 8:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
I believe the man was sufficiently angered. The airline should undertake an emergency course on how to handle that category of passengers. I don't believe he was properly handled knowing the natural state of his mind.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Bhol28: 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kaduna1stson:
When you offered to reschedule him till next morning, did you agree to pay his hotel bills for the night?
yeah,why did they sell night flight ticket for him in the first instance
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by JustforMen: 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
southniyikaye:
Have met so many people with disabilities and one thing I notice in most (notice the most) is, because of low self esteem, they are violent, wicked sometimes and tend to react quickly to even matters that requires you laugh slightly and walk away...
And at the same time, some of them are nice, have come across some that have positive vibe so if am to judge, i will say 70% are violent while the rest 30 are good...
It's like they always wait for you to say something wrong so they can vent their anger and frustration on you....

For those quoting me, I wrote what I wrote here based on years of working with many of them.. I have made alot of easy aids for most of them and working with so many of them over the years made me draw my conclusions..
If you make even the slightest mistake, they will tell you it's because they are disabled and you look down on them.. They don't take things easy and they flare up at the slightest provocation...
You might have met disabled angels but have met both the good, the bad and the ugly...

Statistician!!... How did you arrive at 70% violent PWDs?
So for every 10 persons with disability, 7 of them are violent!!!
Even people with mental issues do not conform to your arm-chair statistics.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Dollanaira: 8:56pm On Dec 21, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Kosoco(m): 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
Brother sentiment should not destroy our sense of reason. Did you see there policy and d excuse d airline gave him. Policy is policy. It’s only here in naija people judge things with sentiment and it dragging us Back.
SeriouslySense:
I don't understand why they had to reschedule his flight, he is just like any other passenger

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by thatigboman: 9:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
longetivity:
what where they looking at when the disabled man destroyed those costly amount of property
u want them to fight him?
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
..... a DISABLED being ABLE to cause such PANDEMONIUM.
So where is the disability in his disability..?

Naija na waaaa.
What kind of ANGER is this....?
Where did this come from..?
Could it be depression..?
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 21, 2020
JustforMen:

Statistician!!... How did you arrive at 70% violent PWDs?
So for every 10 persons with disability, 7 of them are violent!!!
Even people with mental issues do not conform to your arm-chair statistics.
thanks for being one of the mental people
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by nkemdi89(f): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
What if he had an appointment to meet up the next early in the morning?

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by magicminister: 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2020
southniyikaye:
Have met so many people with disabilities and one thing I notice in most (notice the most) is, because of low self esteem, they are violent, wicked sometimes and tend to react quickly to even matters that requires you laugh slightly and walk away...
And at the same time, some of them are nice, have come across some that have positive vibe so if am to judge, i will say 70% are violent while the rest 30 are good...
It's like they always wait for you to say something wrong so they can vent their anger and frustration on you....

For those quoting me, I wrote what I wrote here based on years of working with many of them.. I have made alot of easy aids for most of them and working with so many of them over the years made me draw my conclusions..
If you make even the slightest mistake, they will tell you it's because they are disabled and you look down on them.. They don't take things easy and they flare up at the slightest provocation...
You might have met disabled angels but have met both the good, the bad and the ugly...

Bro, do you really blame them
We live in a society where people are taunted for being disabled.
A society where it is not mandatory for buildings to have special parking and access for disabled
A society where disabled people do not hold any office or recognized as humans.

If you think it’s unjustified the way they feel then I have nothing else to say. We need to do better!!

Why did Dana air refuse to check him in despite delaying his flight for so many hours but proceeded to check in other passengers? Why can’t they service disabled people at night?? That’s the question you should be asking!

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 21, 2020
Now that all local airlines would ban him, Ifesinachi or Chisco bus would be the only viable options.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Ate247(m): 10:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
[quote author=onyechez post=97303159]
They paid me my own 130,000 thousand naira on November.
I used an email with Nigerian number, I didn't receive any reply, I used an email with a foreign number, I was paid.
They said 28 working days to get my money back but it was more than that. I thank God.
Nigeria only God will help us. [/q8uote] i will go to the airport.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by SeriouslySense(m): 10:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
Sure sentiments draws us back, but he is disabled, and not sure to what degree, he should not be kept waiting, although he should not destroy their work area.

Kosoco:
Brother sentiment should not destroy our sense of reason. Did you see there policy and d excuse d airline gave him. Policy is policy. It’s only here in naija people judge things with sentiment and it dragging us Back.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by SeriouslySense(m): 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
Okay, but so much delay, i think we have to consider the disabled in the booking, so they can prepare on time, to avoid disappointing the travellers.

mariahAngel:

No, he's not. He needs special assistance.
Re: Dana Airline Passenger Destroys Check-in Systems, Dana Reacts by Fabulousl0l(m): 10:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
Fidelismaria:
Dana air kor peak milk air ni.

Rubbish.

Being a Nigerian is already a disability not to talk of being a person with disability.

grin
Fidelismaria:
Dana air kor peak milk air ni.

Rubbish.

Being a Nigerian is already a disability not to talk of being a person with disability.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibom Air Acquires 6th Aircraft (Photos) / Lawyer & His Uber Driver Stuck In Lagos Flood (Photos) / Pictures Of The Completed Ijebu Ode-Epe-Sagamu-Benin Expressway Interchange.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.