Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case (50764 Views)

Don Davis: How I Was Sexual Abused In Deeper Life School By Senior Students / Don Davis' Parents Demand N100m Compensation From Deeper Life School, Uyo / COZA: "If Girls Sexually Abused By Lecturers In IMSU Come Out...." - Leeroy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
IamWonderful:
Shut up, was it the church that molested the boy, the pastors or the state superintendent that never existed that molested the boy, you just open to say trash

As someone who went to only 'Christian schools', I would tell you for free they are often very hypocritical in their approach to issues and are more concerned with saving face than redressing wrongs.

A similar issue happened in my secondary school (coincidentally founded by a Deeper Life member) where an SS 2 boy had been raping a JS 1 boy to 'punish' him. When the junior boy couldn't take it any longer, he confided in an SS 3 boy who immediately understood the gravity of what was happening beyond what the junior boy could even grasp, and set a secret lynching on the culprit after which they marched him to the Principal's office. The culprit (a very handsome and brilliant boy) was expelled, and the victim and everyone with knowledge of the incident were asked to hush up by the Principal. I'm not sure the Victim's parents ever found out what happened to their son.

The singular incident I described above is the primary reason I swore none of my kids would ever go to a boarding house.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ogunleti01:
oniro nie! Deeper life church have standards. They don't just recruit anyhow person to teach their ward! pls say what you know!
Who is telling who? mtcheew
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by 2Ways(m): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
iamyemiakins:
Before deciding to put your child(ren) in a boarding school, one thing you should know is that:

Boarding school is divided into two.

The junior students(slaves), while the senior students and teachers (colonial masters).

If you can survive boarding school like I did, you can survive hell fire.

are you Jerry Bernard?
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Agugbadin: 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
iamyemiakins:
Before deciding to put your child(ren) in a boarding school, one thing you should know is that:

Boarding school is divided into two.

The junior students(slaves), while the senior students and teachers (colonial masters).

If you can survive boarding school like I did, you can survive hell fire.

This can only happen in a sixth world nation like Nigeria and continue to happen because no one has been punished for this crime.
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by LadyTianna(f): 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
jawalis:
I’m not a deeper life church member but pls let’s leave the church out of this. Sexual immoralities happens everywhere, even in the day schools, private own schools and even government schools. So deeper life school isn’t an exemption of what the society breeds. They can only try their best to curb it. Let’s not use the medium to say bad words to the church.
I was a boarding student through my secondary education and I can testify to the fact that poor nutrition is very certain in any boarding school. Trust me, if you can’t withstand it: Better quit. When I got home in my first term JSS 1 break, my mother almost wept seeing me so lean and looking really exhausted. But damn, I became smarter and she said it to me like; you are now very smart unlike when you were home. Boarding house can never feed children like it’s their home. Parent should know, from the stress of waking up by 4:30am for morning prayer, doing different morning devotions, running from one senior to another. Many times, you’ll miss your meal in the dinning hall because the smartest student will take it. And so if you can’t fend for yourself. Better stay back.
I don’t support gay though. It’s becoming the trend in our secondary schools these days.

Ogbeni be quiet Jare. Did you watch the video at all? The child said the school willfully neglects to give them afternoon food. They don't let the kids eat sometimes and provisions are not allowed in the school
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by jawalis(m): 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2020
LadyTianna:

Ogbeni be quiet Jare. Did you watch the video at all? The child said the school willfully neglects to give them afternoon food. They don't let the kids eat sometimes and provisions are not allowed in the school
And your mucus brain did not tell you to be courteous right? The only thing your dead panel could say is that shiit you typed there.
Get the fuckkk off my mention
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by godliman: 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
jawalis:
I’m not a deeper life church member but pls let’s leave the church out of this. Sexual immoralities happens everywhere, even in the day schools, private own schools and even government schools. So deeper life school isn’t an exemption of what the society breeds. They can only try their best to curb it. Let’s not use the medium to say bad words to the church.
I was a boarding student through my secondary education and I can testify to the fact that poor nutrition is very certain in any boarding school. Trust me, if you can’t withstand it: Better quit. When I got home in my first term JSS 1 break, my mother almost wept seeing me so lean and looking really exhausted. But damn, I became smarter and she said it to me like; you are now very smart unlike when you were home. Boarding house can never feed children like it’s their home. Parent should know, from the stress of waking up by 4:30am for morning prayer, doing different morning devotions, running from one senior to another. Many times, you’ll miss your meal in the dinning hall because the smartest student will take it. And so if you can’t fend for yourself. Better stay back.
I don’t support gay though. It’s becoming the trend in our secondary schools these days.
Besides its a school opened to all, even Muslims attend. The Church has nothing to do with this.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by shoprite: 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2020
Easybela:
undecided boarding school is not for my kids

The only way to avoid stories that touch ! undecided

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Easypro: 5:18pm On Dec 23, 2020
prince3009:
Deeper Life!

The "Holier than thou church" harbors sexual abusers and predators.

I never knew that the meaning of "Deeper" meant molesting a young boy by probing your toes deeper into his anus after series of beating and starvation!

The parents shouldn't withdraw the case!

Breeze don blow and now we don see fowl nyash
You talk foolishly. This Incident can happen anywhere at all. In any school whether owned by a church or an individual. If you went to a boarding school, you might have even heard of such in your own school. The fact it is a Church school doesn't mean everyone there are born again. Even Jesus had a Judas. How much more in a school. Let the right punishment be metted out to offenders. Simple! Don't spoil the name of a church because of one/Two persons. If you still continue, No problem sha, the church will keep on marching forward and ur mouth would be shut.
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Pacesetter123(m): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
jawalis:
I tell you,I hardly eat once in a week in the dinning hall through out the term and it continue like that for years.Senior students turn the dinning hall to beating ground,so I av to be skipping it.But I still survive till we were given post as senior also before I could hive a sigh of relief.
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by generalud: 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2020
What has Kumuyi said?
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
They should just burn the school down and put the school owners in jail.
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Pacesetter123(m): 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
Jabioro:
Holiness plus negligence of authority.. they are public stunts.their Papa wife died..three months he did another wedding..who dey deceived who..
What does that got to do with the issue on ground?
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
Pacesetter123:
I tell you,I hardly eat once in a week in the dinning hall through out the term and it continue like that for years.Senior students turn the dinning hall to beating ground,so I av to be skipping it.But I still survive till we were given post as senior also before I could hive a sigh of relief.
What? Why would you or anyone put with such appalling abuse? Just to get education? Even though you paid a fee to this school? I don't get it!. undecided
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Pacesetter123(m): 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2020
prince3009:

Who owns the school the molested boy attends? Was it not his fellow students who molested him? Deeper life that i know very well who are so sectarian will ensure that about 98% of students attending that school must be children and wards of their members so what are we saying here?

Condemn what is wrong and stop bleating like a goat before i talk about a Deeper life member whom i know committing fornication with two other female members all in the name of Bible Study
Don't talk trash here.How many of deeper life members can afford the school fees there for their children?Do u know how much they charge per term? Mind u the school is located in the state capital of all the states of the federation n it's open for everybody.It is mostly patronized by children of top politicians n business men in the society irrespective of their denominational or even religious affiliations.As for the second part of the trash u wrote abt fornication bla bla,who made u their religious watchman? And what has it got to do with the issue of this little boy being discussed here?Dwell on the issue at hand now,stop dragging the name of the church into it.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Pacesetter123(m): 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
gypsey:
What? Why would you or anyone put with such appalling abuse? Just to get education? Even though you paid a fee to this school? I don't get it!. undecided
My guy leave am...ooo.Yessoo,we paid much...oo as a boarder but our parents won't really understand the scenario even if u tell them the maltreatment n the starvation.They will think u r trying to be unnecessarily lazy.That may be,u preferred day school so that u will have all the freedom to play n misbehave.They believe boarding schools will forged a child to become a disciplined,well cultured n time conscious person in future.And that's the belief many parents still hold till today.Tell them to withdraw their children from boarding schools,they can fight with you.So that was wot happen in our days.U av no option as a child then than to endure the suffering till u write ur WAEC.
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by angelfallz(m): 7:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
i 100% agree with you.
However, i feel single sex schools should be abolished. Or at least let single sex schools be close to another single sex school of the opposite sex.

jawalis:

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2020
Pacesetter123:
My guy leave am...ooo.Yessoo,we paid much...oo as a boarder but our parents won't really understand the scenario even if u tell them the maltreatment n the starvation.They will think u r trying to be unnecessarily lazy.That may be,u preferred day school so that u will have all the freedom to play n misbehave.They believe boarding schools will forged a child to become a disciplined,well cultured n time conscious person in future.And that's the belief many parents still hold till today.Tell them to withdraw their children from boarding schools,they can fight with you.So that was wot happen in our days.U av no option as a child then than to endure the suffering till u write ur WAEC.
No way! Man!! They were clearly abusing and bullying you guys.
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Rawhumper(m): 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
I did love your rich stories when u were there.

I love your dp....its rich in history, i guess that should be Amina, the warrior Queen.

Nice one.

quote author=LaEvilIMiss post=97347706]Boarding schools are still problematic but in my days as a boarding student - IT WAS WORSE THAN HELL - we survived[/quote]
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by DenisAbiathar: 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
[Its not about the school, I believe this is not their culture, this can happen anywhere quote author=prince3009 post=97347687]Deeper Life!

The "Holier than thou church" harbors sexual abusers and predators.

I never knew that the meaning of "Deeper" meant molesting a young boy by probing your toes deeper into his anus after series of beating and starvation!

The parents shouldn't withdraw the case!

Breeze don blow and now we don see fowl nyash[/quote]
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by armyofone(m): 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
Drag the school to hell and do everything you can to make sure they pay the price. Never drop the case!

Poor management of learning environment as usual.

Fake church thing!
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by ocelot2006(m): 9:02am On Dec 24, 2020
emmy512:
The school should simply fish out the seniors responsible.
[b]I understand the school has no power over what happens between seniors and juniors.
It always happens.[b]
U remember my day in FGC ikom. There's this play called pinu. If you are washing or doing anything day involves raising your ass up someone just comes with the middle finger or thumb and inserts In your ass.

The school has enough power to curtail the issue of bullying between Seniors and Juniors. Using a school I know as an example, the school should have a zero tolerance for bullying. The students should also be separated into totally different dormitories (no physical connection). The compound managers, mentors, and house parents equally have MAJOR roles to play here into.
Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by emmy512: 1:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
ocelot2006:

The school has enough power to curtail the issue of bullying between Seniors and Juniors. Using a school I know as an example, the school should have a zero tolerance for bullying. The students should also be separated into totally different dormitories (no physical connection). The compound managers, mentors, and house parents equally have MAJOR roles to play here into.
Yes the school does, they can say it but things rarely change.
Going to a dorm is like joining cult, what happens in Moscow stays in Moscow except you're a double agent snitching would just get you alienated or into more trouble.
If students reported what goes on in dorms the government would have closed dormitories by force.

A child in a dorm has the option of reporting or keeping shot, but most times out of fear they keep quiet to avoid further bullying

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case by Karlifate: 8:24pm On Dec 24, 2020
Saig:

Was a boarder right from first day of jss1 till last day of ss3. I like boarding house but I picked one thing I'm struggling to discard till today

Hmmm...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See List Of Aides Of Students Union President Of Akwa Ibom State University / Kwara State University, Malete Drone Pictures And Videos / Arinzechukwu Onwurah Wins Student Union President Election In Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.