Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom (20444 Views)

Sokoto Donates 20 New Motorcycles To DSS (photos) / Unyime Idem To Commission 1000-Seater Capacity Skill Acquisition Center / Uche Ogbuagu Wins House Of Assembly Seat For Ikeduru Constituency In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom by franklingud(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
God bless him abundantly

1 Like

Re: Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2020
They will donate your common wealth to you via gifts and yet we worship and praise them. Kai naija
Re: Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom by delishpot: 3:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
Is it from his salary or private purse? If so, I say......You have done well.

1 Like

Re: Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom by Mires: 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I don't understand your point. So because Other reps of our region did nothing, we should not be glad we have a Rep who considered empowering his people in some way.

Note, I said more grease to his elbows because he can do more. It is right to commend someone who has done well and hope he keeps doing more.

How that equates to a celebration baffles me.

The discussion should be how others can start carrying out welfare projects too

You see the reason that has kept a greater proportion of the people from the region poor. Over years, I have witnessed a lot of people from the two LGAs beating drums to high heavens for politicians in the region with nothing to show for it. Thank God that as it is today, PDP state chairman is from the constituency.

If I may ask you, where is the empowerment? In 21st century, you call fly butter sewing machine empowerment. Motor cycle that will be given to youths to drive and kill themselves is empowerment? Can the youths take the said motor cycle to drive at Uyo? Or they are to empower themselves in Ukanafun/Oruk Anam where supply for cyclists currently outweighs demand. Oh! I see, the cars to party faithfuls are empowerment. My brother, until people begin to understand the actual meaning of the word, "empowerment", they will know that those things are crumps that cannot uplift anyone from poverty.

I never said that Hon. Unyime should not be commended. It is important to let you know that the fact that previous reps have been stealing constituency projects, we must not clap for Hon. Unyime, who by extension is my own brother for given the people insignificant proportion of their common patrimony. Like I did mention, I have nothing against Hon. Idem nor any politician. I am not a party person but a technocrat who will never share such Thesis of commending politicians for crumbs. Until we begin to appreciate what governance entails in saner societies, the beter for us.
Re: Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:42pm On Dec 24, 2020
Mires:

You see the reason that has kept a greater proportion of the people from the region poor. Over years, I have witnessed a lot of people from the two LGAs beating drums to high heavens for politicians in the region with nothing to show for it. Thank God that as it is today, PDP state chairman is from the constituency.

If I may ask you, where is the empowerment? In 21st century, you call fly butter sewing machine empowerment. Motor cycle that will be given to youths to drive and kill themselves is empowerment? Can the youths take the said motor cycle to drive at Uyo? Or they are to empower themselves in Ukanafun/Oruk Anam where supply for cyclists currently outweighs demand. Oh! I see, the cars to party faithfuls are empowerment. My brother, until people begin to understand the actual meaning of the word, "empowerment", they will know that those things are crumps that cannot uplift anyone from poverty.

I never said that Hon. Unyime should not be commended. It is important to let you know that the fact that previous reps have been stealing constituency projects, we must not clap for Hon. Unyime, who by extension is my own brother for given the people insignificant proportion of their common patrimony. Like I did mention, I have nothing against Hon. Idem nor any politician. I am not a party person but a technocrat who will never share such Thesis of commending politicians for crumbs. Until we begin to appreciate what governance entails in saner societies, the beter for us.

Still the point is that the Hon. has taking steps to improve the lives of people.

We don't expect a high tech project to come from these. If we were even to talk about true application of development, there would be need for thorough reorientation and education first. The region has lots of uneducated people who can not benefit from an immediate advance project.

Yet, many need to feed today. Many need to start handwork to earn and even send their kids to school.

If we want to ask for an improvement but keep in mind the point.

He deserves credit for finally someone taking a step to apply Constituency projects funds to improve the lives of the people.

Then encourage to do more.
Re: Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom by Adukpe19(m): 8:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
See wetin I take give my constituency. Abeg e no easy.

Re: Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom by bewla(m): 5:30am On Dec 25, 2020
NkanAkpanika:
Lovely
As if him no collect the money

na him money him use what about the allowance and allocation giving to them

ole full every corner for 9ja
Re: Unyime Idems Donates Cars, Buses, Motorcycles To His Constituency In Akwa Ibom by chrisblack: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I don't understand what you mean by buying people's conscience.

It is clearly known that the rate of poverty is very high in the country and that is largely due to lack of jobs.

All I have seen donated there to you look like buying consciences but I see micro businesses to support households.

A lot of ladies will use those hairdryers to start small hair businesses, even if it is in their homes. The machines will favour young men and women to start sewing and branch into fashion designing. The bikes will certainly go a long way in the rural areas, hoping the ongoing road construction goes fast in that region.

The cars will help in mini urban transportation. We are not even talking about the digital skills training that will take place.

I think the Rep member deserves credit for what he has done. While we pray he exceeds these in the coming years.
If one house member can gainer such funds to accuire these. Which would definitely not be up to 3% of what he or she is currently stealing from the Commonwealth. We all know Nigerian politician's can't spend more than 3% of their stolen monies on the electorate. Com to imagine what the remaining 400plus would have stolen ?. Please do the maths. In real sense we don't need all this so called powerment. What we need is good governance. That cares about providing basic needs of the people to help them pursue their various economic enterprise
They would give them vehicle and okada with bad roads. Sewing machines without economic viable customers to bring the clothes for sewing. It's all rubbish at the long run. Go around and look at how many have been empowered over the long run that are still using these stuff,mind you even those the so-called empowerment would be given to are in most cases party faithfuls who don't need what they get . plumber would get sewing machine .lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Joy Emordi Defects To APC / Salary Rise For Workers Likely Over Inflation, Says FG / Osun REC Admits Politicians, INEC Staff Bypassed BVAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.