Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium (13667 Views)

Okorocha And Wife Seated On The Roof Of Their Car During The Campaign Period / President Jonathan Inspected The Abuja Rail Mass Transit Line (photos) / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by hustla(m): 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2011
sohe get 2 heads ni
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by 9ijaMan: 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2011
Abagworo:

Is it a mere coincidence that most people on Nairaland with over 1000 posts are in support of Buhari.It is difficult to have multiple IDs of over one thousand posts.

Most GEJ supporters have less than 50 posts.That logically implies one sure thing.

We know that they all suffer from multiple identity syndrome. How I wish NL can automatically include in each individual's choice in the various threads with polls.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by londoner: 7:45pm On Mar 28, 2011
@Emax, yes obviously he is surrounded by security/body guards.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by davidom: 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2011
If He likes let him seat on the pitch, GEJ will surely be our next President , This is the voice of the people period.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by 190: 8:47pm On Mar 28, 2011
angry angry angry

forget buhari forget GEJ

VOTE 190 for fresh air HOT SUN
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 28, 2011
@190 - You ar my best guy on NL and i respect you a lot. Politics is not your field- you ar the bomb wit the ladies!

pls do respect our feelings DON'T INSULT BUHARI FOR ANY REASON CAUSE MAJORITY OF US HOLD HIM IN HIGHEST ESTEEM!

LONG LIVE THE PEOPLES PRESIDENT!

LONG LIVE NIGERIA!

BB2011!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by boyt1: 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2011
If Mallam Buhari like make him go watch Champions Leaque or World Cup Tournaments.
He will Never Win this Election.
We need a Change, not recycled leadership.
Buhari wish you a peaceful retirement in your home town in 2011.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Udobass: 11:30pm On Mar 28, 2011
When did Buhari start watching Nigerian matches? Because he wants to be president at all cost, he went to not only watch the match, but sat at the popular stand just so u guys will come to tell us how humble he is. who is he fooling? If he likes let him sit on the ground, he will not become the president of Nigeria. Even an unborn child knows that Jonathan is more humble than Buhari. Tell him to stop playing to the gallery, it will not work. He was the head of state about 27 years ago, now he has come back, to do what? If we give him an opportunity now, when will people like me have a chance to bring good governance to Nigerians? Do i continue to wait until Buhari finally becomes Nigerian president before i have a shot at the presidency? That will mean waiting till eternity because he will never be president. To u all Buhari campaigners, wake up, the world is changing and at a very fast pace too, so u have to change along with time. BUHARI IS SPENT, SPENT, FAR SPENT. Let him go home and rest, when we need advice, we will go to him. Chikena!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by apoti(m): 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2011
Udobass:

When did Buhari start watching Nigerian matches? Because he wants to be president at all cost, he went to not only watch the match, but sat at the popular stand just so u guys will come to tell us how humble he is. who is he fooling? If he likes let him sit on the ground, he will not become the president of Nigeria. Even an unborn child knows that Jonathan is more humble than Buhari. Tell him to stop playing to the gallery, it will not work. He was the head of state about 27 years ago, now he has come back, to do what? If we give him an opportunity now, when will people like me have a chance to bring good governance to Nigerians? Do i continue to wait until Buhari finally becomes Nigerian president before i have a shot at the presidency? That will mean waiting till eternity because he will never be president. To u all Buhari campaigners, wake up, the world is changing and at a very fast pace too, so u have to change along with time. BUHARI IS SPENT, SPENT, FAR SPENT. Let him go home and rest, when we need advice, we will go to him. Chikena!

And what humility has GEJ displayed 
Remember there's a big difference between humility and stupidity  grin
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 28, 2011
Udobass:

Let your GEJ go and sit at the popular stand to watch any public event without his killer-squad security details and lets see if the public will not bath him with buckets of acid! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Let him go and try his popularity like Buhari did if he has liver! wink wink wink

If only you were there and see the joy on peoples faces on seeing Buhari at the stadium you will die with envy!

Even the players on hearing he was siting there watching them were gingered into action and many of them were saying we will win for the sake of Buhari!

Thank heavens we still have such a decent and blessed man among us in this corrupt leadership era smiley smiley

DEATH TO PDP!

DEFEAT TO GEJ!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by afrika(f): 2:42am On Mar 29, 2011
We sumtimes like trouble. See buhari, can that guy do much for us? ok, whats the big deal stayin at the popular stand to watch the match.

Look at his party. and at kano state area for that matter. No organisation. When he cannot manage the small party he formed, how can u manage nigeria?

Guy, lets me realistic. no centiments.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by kawkab: 4:50am On Mar 29, 2011
Nigerians are funny, and NL shows how foolish a lot of people can be. Let us not take out objectivity in our criticism and play so much to the gallery.

Politicians are known to use every means to try to achieve political gains and this is just one of them. Buhari going to the stadium is a political stunt. This does not really mean he is more humbly than GEJ. Before you jump to the conclusion that I am a PDP/GEJ supporter, I am against the PDP, but you must admit that the performance of individual politicians is not based on the party but mostly on the individual. Just as the ACN is doing well in some states, so also some PDP Governors are doing well.

Please, weda you like GEJ or not, it is not proper you call him a stupid man as some people have been doing in this forum, he is a sitting President and we must show him some respect. When you insult him, it shows that your upbringing is somehow faulty.

In Nigeria we have as misconstrued way of judging strength. When somebody insults you, the first reaction is always to fight back, when you don't do that, people call you a fool or a weakling. But it takes greater strength to stay calm under extreme provocation than to react.

GEJ recently sacked a principal member of his campaign team for insulting Buhari and Ribadu, but can Ribadu/Buhari do same.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Donmichaelz(m): 7:16am On Mar 29, 2011
Buhari is a man dat lack's intergrity,y didn't he watch our world cup matches,y didn't he watch our last nation's cup matches.nw dat it is election time he decided 2 watch,wat a wack strategy he has, i cant vote 4 BUHARI, he only knows 2 tins,TRIBALISM and FANATISM, vote GOODLUCK dats if u want a better nigeria,
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by honeric01(m): 7:31am On Mar 29, 2011
^^^^^

I pity your likes, for someone not to have sat in the "safe haven" where we mostly see his mates sit means that he can sit anywhere and not be bothered, the man is known to be VERY close to those the poorest of the masses in Nigeria.

Check out all his campaign, he's always very close to the poor, not the elite, close to poor people, if you are a criminal and have something to hide, you can not walk in the midst of the people you defraud.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 29, 2011
@honeric01

Why are you wasting your time replying that ass-hole? cant you see his number of posting?

He is another beef or beef entourage!

You know them by their number of posts, its always below 200! Cause its a new ID created by beef to give the impression that GEJ followers are much pathetic f, ls cry cry cry

Check all BB supporters, non is less than 200 cause they are real people who has been on Nairaland for long wink wink wink
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Demdem(m): 8:05am On Mar 29, 2011
kawkab:

Nigerians are funny, and NL shows how foolish a lot of people can be. Let us not take out objectivity in our criticism and play so much to the gallery.

Politicians are known to use every means to try to achieve political gains and this is just one of them. Buhari going to the stadium is a political stunt. This does not really mean he is more humbly than GEJ. Before you jump to the conclusion that I am a PDP/GEJ supporter, I am against the PDP, but you must admit that the performance of individual politicians is not based on the party but mostly on the individual. Just as the ACN is doing well in some states, so also some PDP Governors are doing well.

Please, weda you like GEJ or not, it is not proper you call him a silly man as some people have been doing in this forum, he is a sitting President and we must show him some respect. When you insult him, it shows that your upbringing is somehow faulty.

In Nigeria we have as misconstrued way of judging strength. When somebody insults you, the first reaction is always to fight back, when you don't do that, people call you a fool or a weakling. But it takes greater strength to stay calm under extreme provocation than to react.

GEJ recently sacked a principal member of his campaign team for insulting Buhari and Ribadu, but can Ribadu/Buhari do same.

I honestly dont have any issue with your post except the bolded part. Whats wrong in calling him so when his actions so far has suggested such. He is not responsible to the average Nigerians as we have been made to believe, instead he has allowed the status quo to continue which has been damaging so far to our nation. Not interested in highlighting all his fooolish deeds here because it has been severally thrashed on this forum and wouldnt want to derail this thread.
There is nothing faulty in the upbringing of those that call a man what exactly he is. Instead, they should be praised for being honest. It is him that should repent. simple.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by odomanis: 9:00am On Mar 29, 2011
The worst ignorance is when you do not know,and you dont even know that you do not know. Every culture,religion and civilised society demands that we respect constituted authority. When you call your president a silly man you are being disrespectful not only to the President who is the highest constituted authority in Nigeria today but also to Nigeria as a nation. It takes only a fool to do such a thing and even tries to justify it.

That you dont like GEJ is not enough reason for you to insult Nigeria and Nigerians by calling our president a Silly Man. you are indeed the most silly person in the world if you must know.

Please try and be a little civil.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by onyengbu: 9:05am On Mar 29, 2011
For the first time in God-knows-how-long, Buhari went to watch a Football match few days before election and he is very humble.

GEJ signs a bill few days before election and it becomes an election stunt.

[size=18pt]Repent all ye BB supporters, repent before it is too late! grin[/size]
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by odomanis: 9:14am On Mar 29, 2011
All of you who are claiming that Buhari sat at the regular stand at the stadium because he is humble, I have one question for you. When Buhari was military Head of State,did he ever sit at the regular stand to watch a match at the stadium? Of course he never did. Good luck as the sitting president is not suppose to go and sit there. May be people are angry that GEJ is not making himself available for them to carry out their evil plot of killing him so,they are now resorting to cheap propaganda to make him come off guard. Sorry to dissappoint you,you wont get him.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Lagosboy: 9:17am On Mar 29, 2011
odomani - 20 posts
Domnichaelez - 5 posts
onye egbu - 92 posts
kawkawb -  91 posts
Davidom - 7 posts

All because of GEJ, how much Beaf dey pay you sef abi na beaf himself dey do this.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by onyengbu: 9:22am On Mar 29, 2011
Lagosboy:

odomani - 20 posts
Domnichaelez - 5 posts
onye egbu - 92 posts
kawkawb -  91 posts
Davidom - 7 posts

All because of GEJ, how much Beaf dey pay you sef abi na beaf himself dey do this.
Hey Mister, not everyone believes in politician recycling, press muzzling, bomb throwing like you.

Some people want Fresh Air.

If you have been around long enough, you woulda known that onye_ngbu (without the asteriks) have been around even b4 GEJ.

Just go and get your handkerchiefs ready for cries on April 10th. We will all come back here to witness it all.

If I hear 'it is rigged' ehh. undecided
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by honeric01(m): 9:25am On Mar 29, 2011
greateros:

@honeric01

Why are you wasting your time replying that backside-hole? cant you see his number of posting?

He is another beef or beef entourage!

You know them by their number of posts, its always below 200! Cause its a new ID created by beef to give the impression that GEJ followers are much pathetic f, ls cry cry cry

Check all BB supporters, non is less than 200 cause they are real people who has been on Nairaland for long wink wink wink

You're blessed.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Lagosboy: 9:29am On Mar 29, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Hey Mister, not everyone believes in politician recycling, press muzzling, bomb throwing like you.

Some people want Fresh Air.

If you have been around long enough, you woulda known that onye_ngbu (without the asteriks) have been around even b4 GEJ.

Just go and get your handkerchiefs ready for cries on April 10th. We will all come back here to witness it all.

If I hear 'it is rigged' ehh. undecided

Apologies for including your name as i think i remember the user id now but all these GEJ supporters are noted for this in recent times.

You are invited on the BB2011 train though, join us for real change , the general has done it before and can do it again .
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by odomanis: 9:32am On Mar 29, 2011
I feel highly pained that at this age and time some Nigerians are asking for a President like Buhari.
At a time countries are presenting the likes of Barack Obama,US; Cameron,UK;Sarkozy,France;and others that belong to the modern generation with sound intellectual abilities, some of us are asking for a man who can hardly articulate his views, who does not know how to sell his ideas to his audience, who answers off point and had to be reminded by the moderator that he was not answering the question asked.
Please we need a sound leader, a leader who can command the respect of highly educated Nigerians both at home and abroad and not a mediocre.
Nigeria needs a leader who can attract the attention and respect of the international community, a leader who is eloquent and can deploy his convincing ability to the advantage of Nigeria.
We need a leader who will be fair to all, who will instead of coercing people convince them to buy his ideas. We want a leader who will negotiate and not force.
We need a leader who will not only fight corruption but, will be able to deploy the resources so saved well enough to the advantage of Nigerians.

I do not see that leader in Buhari.
Instead , what comes to my mind is that  for the 1st time in a long while, pump price of Fuel was and has been the same in all parts of the country even during December 2010(xmass).It sold for =N=65 in Owerri,Umuahia,Aba Maiduguri,Kano,Akure etc just like it did in Lagos. All thanks to Jonathan!! I am still wondering how he was able to achieve that.

I remember that Nigerian airports received “A” rating and were certified safe by international rating authorities as a result of which Us planes can now fly directly into Nigeria and vice versa. This is because NCAA under Jonathan upgraded our equipments up to the required international safety standard.

I also remember that the depletion and downward trend in the amount of our foreign reserve which started as far back as 2007 during Yaradua has been reversed by Jonathan in such a short period of time.
I equally remember that under Jonathan, the south east now has a licensed, well equipped and functional international airport at Enugu. Others played politics with it.

I  remember that for the 1st time in a long while, a sitting President (GEJ) refused to interfere with a court process that led to his party losing two governorship sits against pressure from his party. He refused to do what others would have done instead allowed the rule of law. He even went ahead to congratulate the governors that won the cases despite that they belong to opposition parties.

I remember the meeting between Jonathan and Barack obama,Nigerians were proud of their president. The day he addressed Ecowas Heads of state, Nigerians were proud, the day he made his declaration for presidency, Nigerians were proud. We saw a shift from the kind of presidents we used to have to a modern and sound president and as such do not wish to go back.

Do I continue?

Let me leave the rest for future articles.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Lagosboy: 10:03am On Mar 29, 2011
Another guy with 19 posts.

We have had young minds in power , who are articulated, western educated and vibrant but they gave us nothing but looting.

Dimeji Bankole was 37 when he became speaker,
GEJ was 41 when he became deputy governor
Saminu Turaki was 36
Orji kalu was 39 when he became governor
Ibori was 39 when he became governor

I could go on and on, a thief is a thief no matter his age. We dont care about age all we care about is capable men who can move Nigeri foward. You have forgotten Chirac was president of France at 70 , you have forgotten UK,US are not on the same level with Nigeria.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by odomanis: 10:18am On Mar 29, 2011
@Lagosboy.
I raised a lot of issues,how come you responded to only one? Besides you got me wrong. I did not mention age in my write up.I used "modern generation with sound intellectual abilities" Be that as it may,what about other issues i raised where he has big minus? I would like to read your defence on them.

I wish to remind you that I came to NL long before you.As you can see,you registered on Dec.12, 2008 whereas I registered on Aug.18, 2006.
The difference is that i dont comment on every issue except ones i deem very important and worth my time.

Take Care !!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by GBT(m): 10:37am On Mar 29, 2011
The fact that Buhari seated at the popular seat showed his humility. He is probably the only Nigerian former President or Head of States that can sit in a popular seat at Abuja stadium or any other big stadium in Nigeria without being harassed.

[li]Keeping It Simply Simple[/li]
Humility is also his strong point.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by ricco404: 10:45am On Mar 29, 2011
One of his political tactics,,,humble my big foot,  undecided
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by apoti(m): 10:53am On Mar 29, 2011
odomanis:

Instead , what comes to my mind is that  for the 1st time in a long while, pump price of Fuel was and has been the same in all parts of the country even during December 2010(xmass).It sold for =N=65 in Owerri,Umuahia,Aba Maiduguri,Kano,Akure etc just like it did in Lagos. All thanks to Jonathan!! I am still wondering how he was able to achieve that.

I remember that Nigerian airports received “A” rating and were certified safe by international rating authorities as a result of which Us planes can now fly directly into Nigeria and vice versa. This is because NCAA under Jonathan upgraded our equipments up to the required international safety standard.

I also remember that the depletion and downward trend in the amount of our foreign reserve which started as far back as 2007 during Yaradua has been reversed by Jonathan in such a short period of time.
I equally remember that under Jonathan, the south east now has a licensed, well equipped and functional international airport at Enugu. Others played politics with it.

I  remember that for the 1st time in a long while, a sitting President (GEJ) refused to interfere with a court process that led to his party losing two governorship sits against pressure from his party. He refused to do what others would have done instead allowed the rule of law. He even went ahead to congratulate the governors that won the cases despite that they belong to opposition parties.

I remember the meeting between Jonathan and Barack obama,Nigerians were proud of their president. The day he addressed Ecowas Heads of state, Nigerians were proud, the day he made his declaration for presidency, Nigerians were proud. We saw a shift from the kind of presidents we used to have to a modern and sound president and as such do not wish to go back.

Do I continue?

Let me leave the rest for future articles.

Let me help you  cool

I remember he was the first Nigerian President to welcome and celebrate an ex-convict (Bode George)

I remember he once said IBB was responsible for abuja bomb blast and later called IBB his mentor and father

I remember Yaradua left about 30b USD in the excess crude oil account and it's almost empty now

I also remember Alamiesegha left billions of naira in bayelsa state account when he was impeached, but was all squandered

I remember Nigeria has experienced more bomb blasts during his one year rule than never b4

I also remember he was the first Nigerian president that was scared of Turai   cheesy

He is also the first President in the world to participate in the  "koko" mansion  grin  grin

Do you want me to continue,   cool
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 29, 2011
He`s turning into something of a celebrity.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Artlove(m): 11:23am On Mar 29, 2011
MAYBE HIS POOR TELEVISION DOES SPOILED AT HOME, sad
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by jmslimx(m): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2011
I AM SORRY OOO BUT MOST OF UNA HERE NA FOOLS, MAKE WE DO REVALUATION NA SO UNA GO DEY RUN, DEM GO STILL GO BACK SHARE 9ja MONEY GEJ,BUHARI,RAIBU oooo ALL THIS GUYS AINT GONNA CHANGE ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY ANSWERABLE TO SOME PEOPLE UNDERGROUND, LETS 80% OF NIGERIANS ARE YOUTH, WE CANT STAND UP AGAINST THIS PEOPLE , NA WA OOO, YE YE angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Faleke To Tribunal: Declare Me Kogi Governor-elect / Buhari Can't Make A Dollar Equal Naira - Dan Nwanyanwu / Southern Senators Begin Confab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.