Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium (13664 Views)

Okorocha And Wife Seated On The Roof Of Their Car During The Campaign Period / President Jonathan Inspected The Abuja Rail Mass Transit Line (photos) / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by egift(m): 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2011
I really love this - I am Igbo/Christian and I support Buhari - Lets make it happen

Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by monkeyleg: 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2011
@egift,

I am Igbo Christian and yes my family and I support Buhari
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Donmichaelz(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2011
Lets see if afta april 2nd buhari wil watch our next match, y didn't he seat there wen we were playing world cup,buhari is a jerk,and so are is follower's,i rather kiss monkey yanch dan 2 vote a RELIGIOUS FANATIC.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Donmichaelz(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2011
Lets see if afta april 2nd buhari wil watch our next match, y didn't he seat there wen we were playing world cup,buhari is a jerk,and so are is follower's,i rather kiss monkey yanch dan 2 vote a RELIGIOUS FANATIC.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by odomanis: 2:18pm On Mar 28, 2011
I dont know why comparing his action with GEJ. Do not forget that GEJ is the sitting president.
If i may ask,did Buhari ever sit at the regular stand when he was Head of State ?
Did he ever go to such public places at that time he was head of state?
May be you pple were not yet born or were still little kids.

Please you people should stop all these unfair comparisms.

What is humility in a sitting president going to sit at the regular stand? Which president has ever done it?

Abeg !!!!!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by odomanis: 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2011
I dont know why comparing his action with GEJ. Do not forget that GEJ is the sitting president.
If i may ask,did Buhari ever sit at the regular stand when he was Head of State ?
Did he ever go to such public places at that time he was head of state?
May be you pple were not yet born or were still little kids.

Please you people should stop all these unfair comparisms.

What is humility in a sitting president going to sit at the regular stand? Which president has ever done it?

Abeg !!!!!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by ndu1988: 2:26pm On Mar 28, 2011
What is Big Deal with Buhari Have sat with his countrymen? Is he not a Naija  anybody could have been there. Has he been there before now,[/b]
Gibberish.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by ideylaff: 2:29pm On Mar 28, 2011
Haba, we still dey on top ds Topic,

Please let's leave it for the GEJ  back side lickers ooooo,  tongue

They can use Panadol for GEJ's own personal headache if they like,

Anyway I'm sure GEJ is busy doing another party for his so called Nolly (Hungry) wood supporters tonight again,

By the Time he does a 2 Face on a few of those Apati "wanna be yankee" girls/women they will realise he his a 419,

Make den still dey chop GEJ Biscuit dey go there,

Sure GEJ's camp are saying chei, we 4 go this match oo go distribute oga Biscuits oooooo with madam pasence, (patience) Unbrellllelaia rela rela rela Unbrelia,
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by naso2(m): 2:30pm On Mar 28, 2011
lacidi:

It is clear that many people on NL have never ever watched a live football match in the Abuja National Stadium. Buhari was NOT sitting at the Popular stand. He was at the reserved/VIP stand. Please note that there is a difference between the VIP stand and the State Box which is reserved for Government officials.

The seats in the Popular stand do not have arm rests. They are only flat plastic seats while those in the VIP are seats with full backrests and armrests. Please next time we should try and get our information right before making assertions.

It should also be noted that Buhari, as Head of State, never ever attended any football match at the then National Stadium in Lagos, neither has he ever attended any other Super Eagles match at the national stadium since he left office.

It is noteworthy also that since Buhari left office, Nigeria has hosted the African Nations cup and two youth world cups and on no occassion did Buhari attend any match in these tournaments.

So whatever he is doing now is simply part of his election campaign.

you dey mind all these desperate BB supporters?
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by drills: 2:37pm On Mar 28, 2011
i never knew he loves football, is this the first match he his watching, or this is just a political strategy?
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by ndu1988: 2:40pm On Mar 28, 2011
It seems you guys do not know what they called humility and  political strategy. That was politically motivated movement that he made.
That does not in any way justify his humility, competence, tenacity and being able to deliver.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by AlabaSlim: 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2011
na_so:

GBAM
Veri soon u go hear say OSAMA BIN LABEN DEY SO HUMBLE TO DEY SIT WIT D AMERICAN PPLE DEY WATCH BASEBALL OR HIN DEY MADINSON SQ GARDEN DEY WATCH MAY WEADER & MANI PACQUIO FIGHT NONSENSE
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by ndu1988: 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2011
Where was Gen Buhari, all this inglorious years? Don't we play ball before? Has he ever showed his xtremist face.Is it now that Goodluck Jonathan has brought glory to the Nigeria that you guys are talking balderdash.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Ayoobscom(m): 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
a humble leader will be a responsible representative of the masses interest
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by eros(m): 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2011
Now this is the kind of man we need as a Leader.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by ndu1988: 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2011
GEJ is the sitting president, he is unequivocally inundated with day to day affairs of Nigeria and Nigerians, so you guys should understand that fact.
Gen Buhari you guys are heaping humility on, because he sat with his people yesterday had to do what he did.Why didn't he go to under 17 world cup hosted in Nigeria if he is really a football enthusiast.
Balderdash.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by AlabaSlim: 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2011
lacidi:

It is clear that many people on NL have never ever watched a live football match in the Abuja National Stadium. Buhari was NOT sitting at the Popular stand. He was at the reserved/VIP stand. Please note that there is a difference between the VIP stand and the State Box which is reserved for Government officials.

The seats in the Popular stand do not have arm rests. They are only flat plastic seats while those in the VIP are seats with full backrests and armrests. Please next time we should try and get our information right before making assertions.

It should also be noted that Buhari, as Head of State, never ever attended any football match at the then National Stadium in Lagos, neither has he ever attended any other Super Eagles match at the national stadium since he left office.

It is noteworthy also that since Buhari left office, Nigeria has hosted the African Nations cup and two youth world cups and on no occassion did Buhari attend any match in these tournaments.

GBAM
Veri soon u go hear say OSAMA BIN LABEN DEY SO HUMBLE TO DEY SIT WIT D AMERICAN PPLE DEY WATCH BASEBALL OR HIN DEY MADINSON SQ GARDEN DEY WATCH MAY WEADER & MANI PACQUIO FIGHT NONSENSE
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by AlabaSlim: 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2011
lacidi:

GBAM
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by chuqudy(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
Every body is not a football fan. Moreover, buhari wants a way to win the hearths of common people because of his selfish agenda of rulling Nigeria again. But let me ask. Why does want to rule again? He would have transformed Nigeria when he was the head of state. He could not do it in the past. Is it now that he would do it? Buhari is just blowing trumpet. To get people's votes, one cannot say "I will be a bad leader. Don't vote for me." But will say " vote for me. I will give you light, good roads, water, free education etc." All these to make people vote for him. Once he wins he becomes a devil just like his brother Abacha.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by londoner: 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2011
Ok, lets just say Buhari used this as a PR stunt. Lets just say he did this to appear closer to the masses.

Where is the problem? So he feels that it is imperative that he be considered as one of the masses (even though he may have been in the VIP section).

He is demonstrating that he deems it NECESSARY that the people view him this way. This is different from the SNUB GEJ has given to Nigerians when he refused to attend the debate and  justify to Nigerians why they should deem him and his vision fit for their vote.

He did not deem it fit to be among or in front of common Nigerians.

At the most he can be among those who have made in Nollywood or Dbanj and co.

Are they the common Nigerian, or was it because he feels they can influence the common Nigerian?

Whether Buhari's attendance was because he genuinely wanted to watch football is neither her nor there, he felt this is what he SHOULD do to give a particular impression to Nigerians.

He at least recognised that it actually DOES matter what Nigerians think of you, as someone who is asking for their vote.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Genbuhari3: 4:16pm On Mar 28, 2011
Buhari was in the power when the Under 17 world cup was won for the first time in Nigeria, and he honoured the team in an elaborate ceremony. so this is not the first time Buhari is associating with football.

the question on where he sat is 'can IBB, OBJ, Anenih, Bode George sit there without being lynched?'

He is simply clean! Buhari will walk on the street of Lagos without any security and nobody will stone him, Let OBJ a yoruba man try it, he will regret his life.

Did he tell NTA, AIT or published in the newspapers that he will watch the match? he simply went to have fun after 14 days of gruelling state by state campaign by road.

But good people will always be recognised, that was why NTA (PDP government) got carried away from their Pro-Gej stance and beamed the camera on him.

And it shows a lot about what is going to happen in the next 2 weeks! PDP, GEJ is scared, real time and it is time to take them out - the once blunt, egoistic father of do or die was virtually begging at the PDP rally on March 26th. they have read the signs. Block vote in the North West, North East, Nasarawa, Niger  for Buhari and our little own in the South west will send PDP packing
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by fesse(f): 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2011
I said it yesterday that some brainless magots are going to make this in the front page of NL.

NO president, past and present can be humble like GEJ.

Buhari should go to blazes for all i care. He is an old military fool. The blood of Gaddafi runs in his vains and he behaves like one.
Buhari will not smell not smell Aso Rock again till he dies.
His time has long gone.
Move away from shadow covering you. F.R.E.S.H A.I.R jare

GOODLUCK/SAMBO ALL THE WAY
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Genbuhari3: 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2011
fesse, keep shouting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your clueless Jonathan that has run my treasury dry cannot say half of what you are boasting about now.

Scream scream scream, but GEJ is shitting in his pants as I speak, running helter skelter. Even Satan, apart from God, does not support him grin

Ebora OWU is running his mouth and saying there is zoning now after screaming no zoning last year. they will fall and be sure to be with them Fesse, when they do.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Demdem(m): 4:40pm On Mar 28, 2011
fesse:

I said it yesterday that some brainless magots are going to make this in the front page of NL.

NO president, past and present can be humble like GEJ.

Buhari should go to blazes for all i care. He is an old military fool. The blood of Gaddafi runs in his vains and he behaves like one.
Buhari will not smell not smell Aso Rock again till he dies.
His time has long gone.
Move away from shadow covering you. F.R.E.S.H A.I.R jare

GOODLUCK/SAMBO ALL THE WAY

so sorry to inform you that you are just ranting with no substance whatsoever. u are better of at the celebrity section. stick to that please.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Emax(m): 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2011
This is 9ja POLITIKI at its best.
Its not that hard to pin point the bodyguards from the crowd.
Why now?
Shine your eyes!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by expero: 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2011
this is just to score cheap political point. did he do thesame thing in 2010, 2009 or 2008? elections are around the corner so they can do anything to get people's sympathy and favour!
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by 9ijaMan: 6:05pm On Mar 28, 2011
Demdem:

so sorry to inform you that you are just ranting with no substance whatsoever. u are better of at the celebrity section. stick to that please.
No wonder! Celebrities are often loudmouthed.

@fesse,
Oya vamoose to the section where you are so popular and leave the politics section to the sane minds.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by madago: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2011
Cheap popularity, haba Buhari is this how to show Nigerians that you care, after now what next,
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Mar 28, 2011
ndu1988:

GEJ is the sitting president, he is unequivocally inundated with day to day affairs of Nigeria and Nigerians, so you guys should understand that fact.
Gen Buhari you guys are heaping humility on, because he sat with his people yesterday had to do what he did.Balderdash.

He is inunadated with day to day activities yet had time to attend Koko mansion, Host association of cobblers, Ashewos, jailbirds etc?
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by abacus(m): 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2011
Empty vessels, Beware!!!
The man is moving close to history.
Change is imminent.

BB all the way.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by Abagworo(m): 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
Is it a mere coincidence that most people on Nairaland with over 1000 posts are in support of Buhari.It is difficult to have multiple IDs of over one thousand posts.

Most GEJ supporters have less than 50 posts.That logically implies one sure thing.
Re: Muhammad Buhari Watched The Match Seated In The Abuja National Stadium by coolusman: 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2011
Na wa o, I blieve this is his first time in the national stadium

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos / Edo 2024 Face-Off: Obaseki Disbands Deputy Gov, Shaibu's Media Team / How The Western Media Portrays Africa, China, And India Differently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.