Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

I Am Scared Of Chicken - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Scared Of Chicken (1169 Views)

I'm Scared Of Marrying Her / I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / DNA Test, I Am Scared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 23, 2020
Guys please how do I overcome my fear for Chicken I.E Fowl. Each time I see a very closely captured pic of chicken it irritates me...can't even look at it for 2 seconds.

I can't even touch a chicken, the skin or feather really irritates and scares me a lot... the mouth of the chicken hmmm I can't touch it o. I am not a kid o slightly above 30 yrs old. Though I can carry it by holding its legs if it is tied o, but the moment the chicken starts flapping its feathers, I could drop it because of fear.

Another thing is that, any time I see the head or legs of a chicken inside a soup I will never eat that soup....but I love eaten chicken fried laps and wings sha .

Don't want my future kids to know that their dad can't carry a chicken or even kill a chicken o.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by EmmaJnr1: 11:43am On Dec 23, 2020
Hahaha this reminds me of a woman I saw yesterday at the market...See the way she ran when the Layers she held started struggling.
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
e dey ur body
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Kayeez(m): 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
Funny you
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by worworbabe: 3:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
But you can eat chicken?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Richy4(m): 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
You don't have to be worried about what your future children thinks.... You can't help what u fear sometimes... If it helps, I hate the very sight of millipede... If I see it.. it gives me some goosebumps.. Not necessarily afraid of it but it destroys my day.. if u know what I mean smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2020
since you can hold it a bit, and eat it,
you're fine.
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by mariahAngel(f): 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
Richy4:
You don't have to be worried about what your future children thinks.... You can't help what u fear sometimes... If it helps, I hate the very sight of millipede... If I see it.. it gives me some goosebumps.. Not necessarily afraid of it but it destroys my day.. if u know what I mean smiley

Ariri! grin
I hate that thing like mad!

Especially when it curls up...urrrrrgh! angry
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
And you say you are a man, I can't remember how many chickens I have killed and slaughtered angry.

Man up jor angry.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by mariahAngel(f): 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nuttella:
And you say you are a man, I can remember how many chickens I have killed and slaughtered angry.

Man up jor angry.

I don't trust females who can kill chickens with no remorse. angry

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
mariahAngel:

I am not a weak female. angry grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Mindlog: 4:54pm On Dec 23, 2020
It is called Alektorophobia! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I laugh because I remember it was an undergrad exam question.

OP, I will encourage you to go read up on Exposure therapy/Desensitization therapy in relation to Alektorophobia, it will be of great help.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Mindlog: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
mariahAngel:

Wetin be chicken, e be like say you never visit a convent where Reverend Sisters dey slaughter, roast and butcher goats by themselves! cheesy cheesy
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by mariahAngel(f): 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
Mindlog:
It is called Alektorophobia! cheesy cheesy cheesy

I laugh because I remember it was an undergrad exam question.

OP, I will encourage you to go read up on Exposure therapy/Desensitization therapy in relation to Alektorophobia, it will be of great help.

In other words, he should own or go work in a poultry? cheesy

What would recommend for someone with fear of heights? undecided
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by mariahAngel(f): 5:02pm On Dec 23, 2020
Mindlog:

Wetin be chicken, e be like say you never visit a convent where Reverend Sisters dey slaughter, roast and butcher goats by themselves! cheesy cheesy

OK. And I can't even kill cockroaches o...
cheesy
Not because I feel sorry for them, but because they're beyond disgusting! grin
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Mindlog: 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
mariahAngel:

Exposure therapy under cognitive behavioural therapy is the preferred therapy option by therapists when dealing with phobias.

Realistically, we can not always have access to a therapist, so with the irrational fear of heights (acrophobia) the person can try to do the heights with someone who is comfortable with heights and who would be patient with them and chat through the experience as a way of distraction.

Just like toddlers with rickets, most of them fear walking as the bones are weak because the brain is telling the child the legs cannot support him/her. So during occupational therapy for such a child, the parents are encouraged that when they get home, they and other kid(s) at home (if any) should regularly match and dance to their toddler's favourite nursery rhymes while the child observes and it tends to trigger signals to the child's brain that having their feet on the ground is not a bad idea. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nuttella:
And you say you are a man, I can't remember how many chickens I have killed and slaughtered angry.

Man up jor angry.
its not like that...Can u kill a goat? I can kill a goat o but chicken haa nono. Touching the neck feels like sometn else. I hate chicken o...but like the fried meat sha...minus d head and legs o..lols
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
mariahAngel:

I would have owned a poultry farm a long time ago but because of d fear I have for chicken, I can't try it.
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by mariahAngel(f): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
Mindlog:

Exposure therapy under cognitive behavioural therapy is the preferred therapy option by therapists when dealing with phobias.

Realistically, we can not always have access to a therapist, so with the irrational fear for of heights (acrophobia) the person can try to do the heights with someone who is comfortable with heights and who would be patient with them and chat through the experience as a way of distraction.

Just like toddlers with rickets, most of them fear walking as the bones are weak because the brain is telling the child the legs cannot support him/her. So during occupational therapy for such a child, the parents are encouraged that when they get home, they and other kid(s) at home (if any) should regularly match and dance to their toddler's favourite nursery rhymes while the child observes and it tends to trigger signals to the child's brain that having their feet on the ground is not a bad idea. cheesy cheesy

Insightful. Thank you.
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
lovecares34:
its not like that...Can u kill a goat? I can kill a goat o but chicken haa nono. Touching the neck feels like sometn else. I hate chicken o...but like the fried meat sha...minus d head and legs o..lols
I have not been given a goat to kill but I think I can.
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by faithfull18(f): 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
Hahahaha
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
mariahAngel:

OK. And I can't even kill cockroaches o...
cheesy
Not because I feel sorry for them, but because they're beyond disgusting! grin
hahaha common cockroach
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nuttella:
I have not been given a goat to kill but I think I can.
Hmm OK o. Seriously I want to stop getting scared of chicken but d more I try, d more difficult it becomes.
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by mariahAngel(f): 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
lovecares34:
hahaha common cockroach

Cockroaches are scarier than chickens. Trust me.
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
Find a friend who keeps poultry. Tell him to lock you inside a chicken pen for 24 hrs with one big tray of feed on your lap. You will be cured. I give you guarantee.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Generalwoodz(m): 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
Fast for 2months straight! Then come back and give testimony. Thank you. Don't mention
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by tobechi74: 1:54am On Dec 24, 2020
If you had posted this on romance section some redpillers would have called you a SIMP
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 2:56am On Dec 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:
Find a friend who keeps poultry. Tell him to lock you inside a chicken pen for 24 hrs with one big tray of feed on your lap. You will be cured. I give you guarantee.
haa u want me to collapse abi. I can't stand that o
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by BigDawsNet: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2020
Let me help you secure a job in chicken reublic grin
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by BigDawsNet: 9:31am On Dec 24, 2020
Let me help you secure a job in chicken reublic grin
Re: I Am Scared Of Chicken by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 24, 2020
lovecares34:
Guys please how do I overcome my fear for Chicken I.E Fowl. Each time I see a very closely captured pic of chicken it irritates me...can't even look at it for 2 seconds.

I can't even touch a chicken, the skin or feather really irritates and scares me a lot... the mouth of the chicken hmmm I can't touch it o. I am not a kid o slightly above 30 yrs old. Though I can carry it by holding its legs if it is tied o, but the moment the chicken starts flapping its feathers, I could drop it because of fear.

Another thing is that, any time I see the head or legs of a chicken inside a soup I will never eat that soup....but I love eaten chicken fried laps and wings sha .

Don't want my future kids to know that their dad can't carry a chicken or even kill a chicken o.

Thank God I'm not alone in this phobia. I used to think I'm being weird for having this fear. Like... I can't pass through where a chicken is tied let alone walking beside a chicken. I'll just freak out.

I remember the year my dad bought Xmas chicken and it was time to kill it. The silly thing left the pantry where he kept it and entered the balcony about to fly downstairs. My dad said, chi!!! Go and get the chicken. Ha!

I looked at my mum like. " Mummy say something" my mum just turned away her face. As I was still standing dazed, my dad said "if that chicken flies off the balcony, you'll fly away with it".. haaaa.. that was how I looked for a very big cloth ( I can't touch it because of the way it wriggles) and covered the chicken from the back and carried it with all my last braveness to my dad. While my twin was there struggling with the second chicken I just dissappeared from the scene. I'm that scared of chicken even till now. grin

If I get married and my husband stubbornly brings a life chicken home, I'll vacate the house until the chicken is dead. lol...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help My Life / How I Reconcile With My Phone Engineer / Help, My Relationship Is Depressing Me. I Don't Know What To Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.