Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1313057 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Royalty63: 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2021
NomzyJust:

You don't need to as it hasn't expired. Make sure you submit tomorrow.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 8:11pm On Feb 01, 2021
Beamberry23:
[color=#006600][/color] Wow...This is self explanatory. Congratulations to you all. May the land favour you IJN

Thank you so much. Amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Congrats.... the money needed plus money paid for a family of 5 is no joke at all. Kudos

May God bless your new journey

Not a small thing at all o... Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by morinto: 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
I graduated with third class and I have be looking for university that offers PGD. The thing has been very stressful and up till now have not got none except the ones that pay up to 15k pounds as school fees. Pls if u know a cheaper sch around 10-12 euros that can offer me PGD in ICT pls u can help your brother because have begin to get frustrated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Royalty63: 8:20pm On Feb 01, 2021
Oddwhispers:

You see as them answer you?

But if na you na, you go ignore. It is the selfishness someone on here complained about sometime ago.

People will come on here, get answers to their questions and leave once they get sorted out without trying to give back in some way.

Anyways, everyone to his own.
Have you asked me anything and I didn't answer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Royalty63: 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
Royalty63:

Have you asked me anything and I didn't answer?
Everyone who sent me a PM I reply. I don't know what is prompting this response from you o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by babajeje123(m): 8:35pm On Feb 01, 2021
mattfeuter:

See? I didn’t even need to see the letter to know what possibly happened.

- when she was asked about facilities that her chosen uni offers, she gave a generic answer. ( all these informations are usually on the university’s page).

- when asked about her future plans and how the course will benefit her, again, she gave another generic answer.

Saying she’ll come back to Nigeria to work with ANY multinational company after her studies truly reiterated what the ECO echoed (no pun intended).

Given the amount of money and commitment required to study in the U.K, the Eco expected her to mention at least 2 or 3 future job titles with a projected future earning.

I felt she could have passed if only she’d done proper research.

ECOs/ Visa officers are trained to treat every applicants as japa candidates, it is your duty to convince them otherwise.
The bolded is so true. You just need to be concise in your responses and not vague. Also, you must be confident and be able to give the same answer to a question thrown at you in different ways.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by NmaAnyanwu: 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2021
babajeje123:

The bolded is so true. You just need to be concise in your responses and not vague. Also, you must be confident and be able to give the same answer to a question thrown at you in different ways.
Congrats .You can sleep at last

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mustiekay(m): 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
[quote author=morinto post=98646455]I graduated with third class and I have be looking for university that offers PGD. The thing has been very stressful and up till now have not got none except the ones that pay up to 15k pounds as school fees. Pls if u know a cheaper sch around 10-12 euros that can offer me PGD in ICT pls u can help your brother because have begin to get frustrated

U can get masters wth such degree nd lower feez but i cnt guarantee u will get the ICT as a course

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ibm08: 8:58pm On Feb 01, 2021
Please, what is the meaning of non straightforward and straightforward mail?

[color=#006600][/color]
Victorex001:

TBH, if I was the ECO I would have made same decision, her application had too many complications. I only feel bad for her and telling her the hard truth rn would be unfair.

1. She didn’t declare one of her refusals, even the day she got the Non-straightforward mail it took her sometime to open up to me she has been denied by US and Canada. She said Canada didn’t deny her but she didn’t get any decisions from there since 2019 she applied...hmm
That’s why she didn’t declare it.

2. She did a change of name, different names on her passport and application, thou she told me she had an affidavit to back it up.

Two nights to her Application, I called her to boost her up and ginger her....she told me she was “chilling with friends” smh

She has been crying over the phone....I’ll have to advise her to reapply like you said, because her agent is about to drill out all her money. Her agent guy sent a Lawyers number she should call, consultation fee alone na 50k.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ibm08: 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2021
Check out university of portsmouth. The use is one of the best in UK. Tuition fee is 13,200 pounds

color=#000099][/color]
morinto:
I graduated with third class and I have be looking for university that offers PGD. The thing has been very stressful and up till now have not got none except the ones that pay up to 15k pounds as school fees. Pls if u know a cheaper sch around 10-12 euros that can offer me PGD in ICT pls u can help your brother because have begin to get frustrated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Shallypop(f): 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
Victorex001:

TBH, if I was the ECO I would have made same decision, her application had too many complications. I only feel bad for her and telling her the hard truth rn would be unfair.

1. She didn’t declare one of her refusals, even the day she got the Non-straightforward mail it took her sometime to open up to me she has been denied by US and Canada. She said Canada didn’t deny her but she didn’t get any decisions from there since 2019 she applied...hmm

2. She did a change of name, different names on her passport and application, thou she told me she had an affidavit to back it up.

Two nights to her Application, I called her to boost her up and ginger her....she told me she was “chilling with friends” smh

She has been crying over the phone....I’ll have to advise her to reapply like you said, because her agent is about to drill out all her money. Her agent guy sent a Lawyers number she should call, consultation fee alone na 50k.
Is the lady going for MBA?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
morinto:

You can actually apply for Masters. Check my comment on page 106.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2021
Elizabeth28:
Any idea of a school that would accept someone with a 9 year study gap.

Person in question is 25,wrote waec in 2012
Been working as a supervisor in an oil and gas company and Is looking at Applied Biosciences or Biomedical sciences at Bsc level now.

Suggestions are highly welcome

Many thanks.

Just try and apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by babajeje123(m): 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2021
Kingp91:
Please what questions were you asked?
I don't know whether it is right to post the questions here. I have them typed out already and will post once I'm sure I can. I'll even share the materials I used.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by babajeje123(m): 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
NmaAnyanwu:
Congrats .You can sleep at last
Lol, thank you bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2021
You are free to post ,so others can learn that is the purpose of this thread
babajeje123:

I don't know whether it is right to post the questions here. I have them typed out already and will post once I'm sure I can. I'll even share the materials I used.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by abiiabby: 9:28pm On Feb 01, 2021
Hello,

For people that did the credibility interview, how soon after the interview did you hear back from them for passport collection?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 9:40pm On Feb 01, 2021
Great! Congratulations!
cutieb:
Long Post Visa Alert

The process for Hubby (main applicant) and I with 3 kids (family of 5)

Unconditional offer from Edinburgh Napier University: 25th November
Tuition part payment of £3500
CAS received within 24hrs after sending POF
TB test appointment: 29th December
Application submitted for hubby on the 5th of January and the rest of us 7th January.
Standard Biometrics appointment: self-service for hubby, and 37k for prime time for myself (got Monday 11th January) the kids 2 got 12th January but had to pay for prime time for one of them as I couldn't get a free appointment for him.

Decision & collection mail for my 3rd son (US citizen): January 29th (14days)
Decision & collection mail for hubby, myself and 2 kids: February 1st (15 &16 days respectively )
Hubby picked up all passports 1st February

*Financial Analysis*
Total bank balance: £44,249 ($45,300 in joint dom account and 6m in hubby's account)
1. Main Applicant: £19,769
Living Expenses £1023*9= £9207
Tuition Balance: £10,562
2. Spouse: £680*9= £6120
3. Dependants (3):£680*3*9= £18,360

Process
1. Tuition: £14,062
Part-payment: £3,500
Balance £10,562

2. Tuberculosis test #184,960
2 Adult: #115,600
3 Kids: #69,360

3. Medical surcharge: Paid through Paga £940/$1320.44 #2,027,490.9
Hubby #503,356.61
Me $999.56 #381,033.57
Kids x3 $999.56 #1,143,100.7

Please note that I used hubby's course end date hence the calculation

4. Visa fees £348/$493 (£1740) paid through Paga #939,662.38
Hubby #187,933.42
Me #187,932.24
3 Kids #563,796.72

Documents submitted:
Hubby: Main applicant
Bank statement
TB certificate
BSc certificate
Birth certificate

Dependants:
Me
1. Marriage certificate
2. TB certificate and attached doctors report (my report came out abnormal with slight heart enlargement of 0.55 due to pregnancy, so I attached the document reflecting the cause of the abnormality)
3. Change of name newspaper publication
4. I attached a few wedding pictures
5. Bank statement

Kids
1. Signed consent letters
2. TB certificate
3. Bank statement
4. Birth certificates

To God alone be all the glory!
Edinburgh, here we come

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Geebee5: 9:57pm On Feb 01, 2021
Geebee5:
I hope this gets attended to. Good evening everyone
I plan on getting my covid test done on Wednesday so can I travel on Saturday? Thinking about the 72hours timeframe. Thanks

Please guys�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ibm08: 10:05pm On Feb 01, 2021
Dear guys,

I just got wedded last year December. Is it advisable to declare marriage status while applying for my visa because, am only going for a BSc top up course.

If i state been married as any effect?

Advice please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kcivskod: 10:20pm On Feb 01, 2021
Victorex001:

I feel sorry for her.... is her course resource management
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greatnesslomo: 10:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
babajeje123:

so you attended an interview on the 29th of january which was a friday and got your visa this monday morn before 10am??please what date is on the visa as issued date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PMID: 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2021
When I heard it is acceptable, then I went to a University Teaching Hospital to confirm and they said yes, Covid-19 test is is acceptable for traveling to the UK.

Pls any consequences if I decide to have my Covid-19 test done at a Teaching Hospital in Edo state b4 traveling?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yibore1(f): 11:14pm On Feb 01, 2021
Greatnesslomo:
so you attended an interview on the 29th of january which was a friday and got your visa this monday morn before 10am??please what date is on the visa as issued date?

If I can recall, he stated he was interviewed on thursday, decision/collection mail on friday and he picked up his passport with visa on monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yibore1(f): 11:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ibm08:
Dear guys,

I just got wedded last year December. Is it advisable to declare marriage status while applying for my visa because, am only going for a BSc top up course.

Advice please.

No it won't, go ahead and state it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yibore1(f): 11:24pm On Feb 01, 2021
Geebee5:

Please guys�

Please find out if u will get the result that same day. If possible, I would advise u use thursday to be on a safer time frame in accordance to your flight timing.

My one cent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2021
Geebee5:
I hope this gets attended to. Good evening everyone
I plan on getting my covid test done on Wednesday so can I travel on Saturday? Thinking about the 72hours timeframe. Thanks

Depending on when the flight is on Saturday but I think Wednesday afternoon should be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ibm08:
Dear guys,

Advice please.

Its important you tell the truth....

if you got married in Dec, why would you think you should not declare it?....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oma6090: 11:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
Declare the fact that you are married, it doesn't stop them from giving you visa.
Be truthful at all cost.

Ibm08:
Dear guys,

Advice please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oma6090: 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2021
PMID:
When I heard it is acceptable, then I went to a University Teaching Hospital to confirm and they said yes, Covid-19 test is is acceptable for traveling to the UK.

Pls any consequences if I decide to have my Covid-19 test done at a Teaching Hospital in Edo state b4 traveling?

There is no problem. As long as they give you a certificate proving you are negative.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.