Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1310405 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Geebee5: 11:39pm On Feb 01, 2021
yibore1:

Please find out if u will get the result that same day. If possible, I would advise u use thursday to be on a safer time frame in accordance to your flight timing.

My one cent

Thanks for your response. The lab said result will be out within 24 to 48 hours. Flight can be moved to Friday though. I'm yet to buy the ticket as I need to clarify this 72 hours thing before paying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Geebee5: 11:41pm On Feb 01, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Depending on when the flight is on Saturday but I think Wednesday afternoon should be fine

Thanks Chief, I think I'll just get a ticket for Friday evening just to be on a safe side. I think that's fine, right?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 11:42pm On Feb 01, 2021
Ibm08:

Please, what is the meaning of non straightforward and straightforward mail?

[color=#006600][/color]

Let’s put it this way.

Straight forward application - Student A just wrote an exam. The handwriting is very clear and the marker can easily make a decision.

Non straight forward application - Student B just wrote an exam. He appears to have a correct answer but the handwriting isn’t legible.

Now the decision maker may want to contact student B for clarity sake before making a decision hence the marker reaches out to student B. wink

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PurpleDN: 11:54pm On Feb 01, 2021
Congratulations!
Please was the reason for the abnormal TB result that was attached did it state that it was due to pregnancy?
If yes, did you have to declare your status as being pregnant in your application?
If yes, do you need to show any POF for your pregnancy or hospital fee or anything of such?

Please your answer will be appreciated as I am currently pregnant and also processing my application.
Thanks.

cutieb:
Long Post Visa Alert

The process for Hubby (main applicant) and I with 3 kids (family of 5)

Unconditional offer from Edinburgh Napier University: 25th November
Tuition part payment of £3500
CAS received within 24hrs after sending POF
TB test appointment: 29th December
Application submitted for hubby on the 5th of January and the rest of us 7th January.
Standard Biometrics appointment: self-service for hubby, and 37k for prime time for myself (got Monday 11th January) the kids 2 got 12th January but had to pay for prime time for one of them as I couldn't get a free appointment for him.

Decision & collection mail for my 3rd son (US citizen): January 29th (14days)
Decision & collection mail for hubby, myself and 2 kids: February 1st (15 &16 days respectively )
Hubby picked up all passports 1st February

*Financial Analysis*
Total bank balance: £44,249 ($45,300 in joint dom account and 6m in hubby's account)
1. Main Applicant: £19,769
Living Expenses £1023*9= £9207
Tuition Balance: £10,562
2. Spouse: £680*9= £6120
3. Dependants (3):£680*3*9= £18,360

Process
1. Tuition: £14,062
Part-payment: £3,500
Balance £10,562

2. Tuberculosis test #184,960
2 Adult: #115,600
3 Kids: #69,360

3. Medical surcharge: Paid through Paga £940/$1320.44 #2,027,490.9
Hubby #503,356.61
Me $999.56 #381,033.57
Kids x3 $999.56 #1,143,100.7

Please note that I used hubby's course end date hence the calculation

4. Visa fees £348/$493 (£1740) paid through Paga #939,662.38
Hubby #187,933.42
Me #187,932.24
3 Kids #563,796.72

Documents submitted:
Hubby: Main applicant
Bank statement
TB certificate
BSc certificate
Birth certificate

Dependants:
Me
1. Marriage certificate
2. TB certificate and attached doctors report (my report came out abnormal with slight heart enlargement of 0.55 due to pregnancy, so I attached the document reflecting the cause of the abnormality)
3. Change of name newspaper publication
4. I attached a few wedding pictures
5. Bank statement

Kids
1. Signed consent letters
2. TB certificate
3. Bank statement
4. Birth certificates

To God alone be all the glory!
Edinburgh, here we come

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SamReinvented: 12:00am On Feb 02, 2021
Ibm08:
Dear guys,

I just got wedded last year December. Is it advisable to declare marriage status while applying for my visa because, am only going for a BSc top up course.

If i state been married as any effect?

Advice please.

So if marriage has an effect, what would you do? Lie that you’re not married? This shouldn’t be a question, fill your forms truthfully. That should be the ideal. Don’t complicate simple things for yourself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:07am On Feb 02, 2021
Geebee5:

Thanks Chief, I think I'll just get a ticket for Friday evening just to be on a safe side. I think that's fine, right?

Thank you

Yes if the result is out by Friday or before you fly then perfect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Doodoo10: 12:21am On Feb 02, 2021
My dad just told me he budgeted 5mill Naira for my masters degree in the UK.

I graduated with second Class lower in Petroleum Engineering in 2014 and wish to diverge to IT, preferably data analytic or cyber Security.

Please house, is 5 million enough to purse this. What are your general advise to me.

God bless you all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Doodoo10: 12:22am On Feb 02, 2021
Ologtheo:
Good morning

Anyone going to teesside university for January intake artificial intelligence. Kindly pm

How much is their school fees please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Doodoo10: 12:23am On Feb 02, 2021
Would like to apply for the September intake too.

Maybe we communicate. What do you think, although I'm also considering university of hull, because it is cheaper at 9000 pounds.

Damzydaymond19:

Going to teesside for September intake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Geebee5: 12:27am On Feb 02, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Yes if the result is out by Friday or before you fly then perfect

Alright, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phatkings: 2:13am On Feb 02, 2021
Doodoo10:
My dad just told me he budgeted 5mill Naira for my masters degree in the UK.

I graduated with second Class lower in Petroleum Engineering in 2014 and wish to diverge to IT, preferably data analytic or cyber Security.

Please house, is 5 million enough to purse this. What are your general advise to me.

God bless you all.

The 5 million does it include accommodation, visa fee, air fair etc or just tuition fee... If it is just tuition yes it is but if it encompasses everything orgar e no go anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 3:36am On Feb 02, 2021
PurpleDN:
Congratulations!
Please was the reason for the abnormal TB result that was attached did it state that it was due to pregnancy?
If yes, did you have to declare your status as being pregnant in your application?
If yes, do you need to show any POF for your pregnancy or hospital fee or anything of such?

Please your answer will be appreciated as I am currently pregnant and also processing my application.
Thanks.

The reason was because of my heart which was detected to be bigger by 0.5 than usual. I was given a document at IOM to back it up and it indicated pregnancy as the cause of the abnormality.
Other than the fact that I uploaded the TB certificate alongside the other document I was given by the doctor at IOM which reflected the pregnancy, I didn't state it anywhere in my application.

I only showed POF for the existing children and myself. My medical insurance will cover my baby up until 3months post-delivery.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dontbeastranger: 5:58am On Feb 02, 2021
Good day everyone

Please I'm filling my locator form and it's requesting for address.

The thing is I won't be going straight to my school location cos I haven't figured out/settled my accommodation yet, so I'll do my isolation in a different city, while there I can fix accommodation palava easily.

Now on the LOCATOR FORM ,should I put the address of the city (Manchester) or my school address (Bristol) or just do a hotel reservation in Bristol ,just for the sole purpose of clearance (me no go stay the hotel sha,)

Kindly help me with the best response.

Una do well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:09am On Feb 02, 2021
Dontbeastranger:
Good day everyone

Please I'm filling my locator form and it's requesting for address.

The thing is I won't be going straight to my school location cos I haven't figured out/settled my accommodation yet, so I'll do my isolation in a different city, while there I can fix accommodation palava easily.

Now on the LOCATOR FORM ,should I put the address of the city (Manchester) or my school address (Bristol) or just do a hotel reservation in Bristol ,just for the sole purpose of clearance (me no go stay the hotel sha,)

Kindly help me with the best response.

Una do well.

If you put any of the above and the police decides to spot check during your isolation period and don't find you there, do you know how much wahala you will be in . Why lie when there is absolutely no need (There no rule against isolating in a different city from school )

Its always important to tell the truth at all times when filling a form. Put where you actually will be staying when you arrive.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PurpleDN: 6:35am On Feb 02, 2021
Thank you so much. I really appreciate.

cutieb:

The reason was because of my heart which was detected to be bigger by 0.5 than usual. I was given a document at IOM to back it up and it indicated pregnancy as the cause of the abnormality.
Other than the fact that I uploaded the TB certificate alongside the other document I was given by the doctor at IOM which reflected the pregnancy, I didn't state it anywhere in my application.

I only showed POF for the existing children and myself. My medical insurance will cover my baby up until 3months post-delivery.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:43am On Feb 02, 2021
babajeje123:

I don't know whether it is right to post the questions here. I have them typed out already and will post once I'm sure I can. I'll even share the materials I used.

Yes I think its perfectly fine to post the questions here. The answers are not necessary and if any question was personal that personal stuff can be left out or reworded .... thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emerald16: 6:51am On Feb 02, 2021
Good morning everyone please how long does it take for University of Salford to offer admission(march intake) and do they request bank statement to issue CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mustiekay(m): 6:52am On Feb 02, 2021
[quote author=PurpleDN post=98651994]Congratulations!

Thanks.

Please what time r u guys going to Edinburgh?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JustCare: 7:35am On Feb 02, 2021
Guys, I touched down in the UK on Sunday. Many thanks to justwise and lagosismyhome for this thread!

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Victorex001(m): 7:57am On Feb 02, 2021
Ibm08:

Please, what is the meaning of non straightforward and straightforward mail?

[color=#006600][/color]

There’s nothing like a straightforward mail.

Non-straightforward mail is sent sometimes if you fall under anyone of the categories below

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by babajeje123(m): 8:45am On Feb 02, 2021
Interview questions.
1. Confirm your name and date of birth
2. Why the UK? After I responded, then he asked
3. How did you know that countries like US, Canada and Australia don't have the benefits you highlighted
4. Did you research about other countries to know what they have to offer?
5. Why the University of your choice?
6. Are you saying other UK Universities don't have what you mentioned?
7. Did you apply to other Universities? Name the Universities
8. So, why do you prefer your University to these ones?
9. Your course
10. Why the course?
11. Course modules?
12. Which of the modules are you looking forward to studying?
13. What have you been doing since you finished in 2xxx?
14. Mention those places you have worked and the number of years you spent at each of them?
15. Have you run any postgraduate degree?
16. Are there no Universities in your home country where you can study this course? I said yes, then he asked
17. Why do you now want to leave your home country where you can study the same course at an affordable price?
18. What are your future plans?
19. Which one of them are you particular about? I mentioned a profession, then he asked
20. What are the requirements for being a XXXX?
21. Where did you get the information?
22. Can you mention the exact place where you will probably work when you return?
23. What much would you be earning?
24. How much are you currently earning?
25. Where do you work?
26. Tell me how your first degree relate to your intended course of study
27. Do you have anything to say?
28. Are you happy with this interview?
You will receive a decision mail in a couple of days.
Above were the questions I was asked, I'm not sure whether I missed out anything.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Miraclusladybug: 8:49am On Feb 02, 2021
I sent you a mail. I am applying to teesside for September too. Please let's link up so we can share ideas. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Doodoo10: 8:51am On Feb 02, 2021
Phatkings:

The 5 million does it include accommodation, visa fee, air fair etc or just tuition fee... If it is just tuition yes it is but if it encompasses everything orgar e no go anywhere

Okay. Thanks for your reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Miraclusladybug: 8:52am On Feb 02, 2021
Doodoo10:

Would like to apply for the September intake too.

Maybe we communicate. What do you think, although I'm also considering university of hull, because it is cheaper at 9000 pounds.

sent you a mail. I am applying to teesside for September too. Please let's link up so we can share ideas. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 8:59am On Feb 02, 2021
Congrats Cutieb,I admire your energy well done another cutie on the way
cutieb:
Long Post Visa Alert

The process for Hubby (main applicant) and I with 3 kids (family of 5)

Unconditional offer from Edinburgh Napier University: 25th November
Tuition part payment of £3500
CAS received within 24hrs after sending POF
TB test appointment: 29th December
Application submitted for hubby on the 5th of January and the rest of us 7th January.
Standard Biometrics appointment: self-service for hubby, and 37k for prime time for myself (got Monday 11th January) the kids 2 got 12th January but had to pay for prime time for one of them as I couldn't get a free appointment for him.

Decision & collection mail for my 3rd son (US citizen): January 29th (14days)
Decision & collection mail for hubby, myself and 2 kids: February 1st (15 &16 days respectively )
Hubby picked up all passports 1st February

*Financial Analysis*
Total bank balance: £44,249 ($45,300 in joint dom account and 6m in hubby's account)
1. Main Applicant: £19,769
Living Expenses £1023*9= £9207
Tuition Balance: £10,562
2. Spouse: £680*9= £6120
3. Dependants (3):£680*3*9= £18,360

Process
1. Tuition: £14,062
Part-payment: £3,500
Balance £10,562

2. Tuberculosis test #184,960
2 Adult: #115,600
3 Kids: #69,360

3. Medical surcharge: Paid through Paga £940/$1320.44 #2,027,490.9
Hubby #503,356.61
Me $999.56 #381,033.57
Kids x3 $999.56 #1,143,100.7

Please note that I used hubby's course end date hence the calculation

4. Visa fees £348/$493 (£1740) paid through Paga #939,662.38
Hubby #187,933.42
Me #187,932.24
3 Kids #563,796.72

Documents submitted:
Hubby: Main applicant
Bank statement
TB certificate
BSc certificate
Birth certificate

Dependants:
Me
1. Marriage certificate
2. TB certificate and attached doctors report (my report came out abnormal with slight heart enlargement of 0.55 due to pregnancy, so I attached the document reflecting the cause of the abnormality)
3. Change of name newspaper publication
4. I attached a few wedding pictures
5. Bank statement

Kids
1. Signed consent letters
2. TB certificate
3. Bank statement
4. Birth certificates

To God alone be all the glory!
Edinburgh, here we come

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by rs172(m): 9:09am On Feb 02, 2021
Good morning everyone, is there anyone coming to Newcastle this month and seeking a student accommodation, the month of February has been paid for, pm me if interested.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Horlaidey007: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2021
Anyone studying Cyber Security at the University of Sunderland?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 9:16am On Feb 02, 2021
Ezriela:
Congrats Cutieb,I admire your energy well done another cutie on the way

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oluwaloseyi2009: 9:54am On Feb 02, 2021
Good morning house . Guess we are all doing good . Plss house professionals I got this mail from the embassy this morning and I don’t understand .
In my application I declare a visa refusal Ireland and was sent this mail below . Plss I need ur help to explain my stand at this point .
Thank you for your UK Visa application GW................ which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days , and Settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service).

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unlikely to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

We will keep you updated as to the progress of your application but in the meantime please do not attend the application centre until you have received a further update. We will notify you by e-mail once your application has been decided.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Regards,

UKVI Pretoria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bluehorizo(m): 10:00am On Feb 02, 2021
Hi all. I just want to say thank you to all that have been helping others by answering questions and guiding others via your response.

Submission date 19th January
Biometric 19th January(Priority for the family of 5)
No decision mail but collection mail dropped on 29th January but i couldn't pick up.
Picked up 1st Feb.

Thank you all and i wish the ones that have applied and about to apply good luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by zillaboy: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2021
Its an automated message.

Be calm and await your visa on your passport. Got this for my wife and got the visa after 3 days.

Many things could cause this.

1. There is a backlog and they cannot meet up with timelines.

2. Reconfirming the reason for your previous visa denials

3. A documentation they need clarity on. Etc

Abeg calm down and sip zobo

If they need more information you will be contacted

oluwaloseyi2009:
Good morning house . Guess we are all doing good . Plss house professionals I got this mail from the embassy this morning and I don’t understand .
In my application I declare a visa refusal Ireland and was sent this mail below . Plss I need ur help to explain my stand at this point .
Thank you for your UK Visa application GW................ which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days , and Settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service).

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unlikely to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

We will keep you updated as to the progress of your application but in the meantime please do not attend the application centre until you have received a further update. We will notify you by e-mail once your application has been decided.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Regards,

UKVI Pretoria

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oluwaloseyi2009: 10:06am On Feb 02, 2021
zillaboy:
Its an automated message.

Be calm and await your visa on your passport. Got this for my wife and got the visa after 3 days.

Many things could cause this.

1. There is a backlog and they cannot meet up with timelines.

2. Reconfirming the reason for your previous visa denials

3. A documentation they need clarity on. Etc

Abeg calm down and sip zobo

If they need more information you will be contacted

Thanks boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.