Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1314542 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 10:46pm On Feb 14, 2021
Phenmeson:

If they are boys then you are good to go with 2bed.Only advising 3bed flat incase if you will be adding another baby soon and also if you have family members /friends visiting you. Just make sure the bedrooms are Double. Moving to a premises and moving out after a year due to overcrowding is a difficult thing to do. If you are good with your property search, you can get 2-3 bed flats almost with same price range or at most less than £100 different.

Thank you so much.. Well noted

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 10:50pm On Feb 14, 2021
awumen:

Please do test for everyone o else naija immigration officials will mess you up.
We(me,hubby and to kids) arrived Scotland on Wednesday and it was mandatory for especially with naija airport.

This wasn't so with me. Hubby and I were the only ones that did the covid test and we didn't even show any of the naija immigration officers because it's not their business. We came through BA and we showed them at the BA counter on Tuesday and also when we got to Heathrow POE on Wednesday morning. For reference purpose, my kids are all below 10 years and it's clearly stated on both BA and UK websites that kids below 10 are exempted.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2021
awumen:

Use google, search for 3 beds+ private landlords (openrent,Gumtree, zoopla and etc) will help.
Am in Glasgow since last week. I also those with visas to start searching for accommodation and request for video viewing. I started these 14 days before our(family of 4) trip and that really helped a lot.
Beta snow de Scotland o but las las na rat race so we go survive.
@cutieb, did you run covid test for all your kids?

Thanks for this..i am on it and I am making progress regarding accommodation.

I didn't do covid test for any of my kids because they fall under the exempted age (below 10) 8, 5 and 3 years

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Abini2012: 1:31am On Feb 15, 2021
awumen:

Please do test for everyone o else naija immigration officials will mess you up.
We(me,hubby and to kids) arrived Scotland on Wednesday and it was mandatory for especially with naija airport.
Welcome to Scotland! I hope the cold meets you well smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lianalexa: 6:14am On Feb 15, 2021
Hi guys, please a quick one

If I want to use the form A to for my fees deposit, can I use my parents' or siblings account or am I only restricted to using my account.

Please help out, for anyone that has used the form A

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 6:20am On Feb 15, 2021
Greatnesslomo:
BA would NEVER do that!probably you saw Dana Airways with your korokoro eyes!
What we experience over the same situation can differ,so stop shouting "certainty" and over assured on this,so
Either it's Dana or Bellview, that's the link below.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/covid19-tests?dr=&dt=British%20Airways%20%7C%20Book%20Flights
You can go ahead and receive your world cup medal after going through the link.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 6:21am On Feb 15, 2021
Abini2012:

Welcome to Scotland! I hope the cold meets you well smiley
Mak we connect o. Wich side u at my people? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Greatnesslomo: 6:23am On Feb 15, 2021
awumen:

What we experience over the same situation can differ,so stop shouting "certainty" and over assured on this,so
Either it's Dana or Bellview, that's the link below.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/covid19-tests?dr=&dt=British%20Airways%20%7C%20Book%20Flights
You can go ahead and receive your world cup medal after going through the link.
love all the way.Stay blessed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 6:36am On Feb 15, 2021
cutieb:

This wasn't so with me. Hubby and I were the only ones that did the covid test and we didn't even show any of the naija immigration officers because it's not their business. We came through BA and we showed them at the BA counter on Tuesday and also when we got to Heathrow POE on Wednesday morning. For reference purpose, my kids are all below 10 years and it's clearly stated on both BA and UK websites that kids below 10 are exempted.
Thanks for your info, there's no need for the back and forth. What each of us will experience before and during our trips will differ (lagos,Abuja,Kano or Port Harcourt airport won't offer you same scenario on every intending trip)though there might be similarities,I didn't wish to give away over 100k for covid (for children under 11),atleast I don't grow money from trees. This is my opinion,it's an advise base on my experience and am not forcing it on anyone.it is for anyone atall to accept or reject it.I will not get any benefit should anyone carry out this test or not for children under 11yrs.so
I rest my case on this topic
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 6:38am On Feb 15, 2021
Greatnesslomo:
love all the way.Stay blessed
Gbosa for you!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by zillaboy: 7:22am On Feb 15, 2021
Lianalexa:
Hi guys, please a quick one

If I want to use the form A to for my fees deposit, can I use my parents' or siblings account or am I only restricted to using my account.

Please help out, for anyone that has used the form A

Thanks

You can use any one’s account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 8:37am On Feb 15, 2021
awumen:

Thanks for your info, there's no need for the back and forth. What each of us will experience before and during our trips will differ (lagos,Abuja,Kano or Port Harcourt airport won't offer you same scenario on every intending trip)though there might be similarities,I didn't wish to give away over 100k for covid (for children under 11),atleast I don't grow money from trees. This is my opinion,it's an advise base on my experience and am not forcing it on anyone.it is for anyone atall to accept or reject it.I will not get any benefit should anyone carry out this test or not for children under 11yrs.so
I rest my case on this topic

I wasn't arguing with you neither did I void your story!!!
I started with 'this wasn't so with me' meaning in my own case, we didn't have to run tests on the kids.

To each to its own. I only shared my recent experience which is clearly stated on their websites.. Calm down!!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 15, 2021
My people... How do I go about booking flight... I be jjc... Any link
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Choconilla: 9:23am On Feb 15, 2021
mattfeuter:

Basically the whys,

Some Questions to ponder. . . .

- why do you want to study in the U.K. as opposed to Nigeria ?

- why do you want to study your course ?

- why that particular school?

- Course structure, Modules, facilities

- how will the course benefit you in achieving your goal?

- how will you pay for your studies? Who will bankroll you and what do they do?

- accommodation plans

- future plans after study ?

Etc

Thank you !!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Esther89: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2021
hosey:

1. Yes

2. You can extend your visa in the UK if you successfully graduate.

3. Note that you can't bring any dependent on BSc top up programme. If you have considerable experience in your proposed course, then apply for MSc .

Good morning .

Please I want to know , after the completion of the top up program and the 2 years post study work visa , what if I decide to do my masters ,will It be direct and easy ?? or I will have to go tru the process of admission all over again i.e POF and all of that . I really need clarification on it

Thanks � God bless .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by membelle: 9:37am On Feb 15, 2021
Hello,
Please can I reach you privately

Thank you
unclepopo2:
VISA ALERT!!!!!!!!

mehn it wasn't easy but God came through for me!

I joined this thread September 2020 after i got rejected of a canada student visa, my plan was to go for masters in Uk September 2021 but as God will have it, canada refunded my fees earlier than i thought and admission came through with UK, all through to paying school fees through form A, to proof of funds, to CAS, mehn it was just God ( don't let anyone tell you it's easy) lol i even had delay in collection of my Visa..

Got my CAS- 19th January 2021
Filled in my application- 20th January 2021
Biometrics- 21st January 2021
Collection- 8th February 2021 (12 days after biometrics)
Priority, VI centre

Everything came through for me despite all odds, I wasn't even expecting it, as at the 9th day after biometrics when I wasn't getting any feedback as regards my application, i had to put a call through to UKVI where i was told decision hasn't been taken yet on my application (omo i wanted to ment lol) . She said she will escalate it.
So this morning i decided to put another call through, and i was told a decision had been taken, funny part to it when i collected my passport, it was stamped 26th January (3rd day after biometrics).
I want to thank everyone, those still expecting, your goodnews will come, i also want to thank Victor, dude actually encouraged me through the waiting stage.. God bless

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FieryJoe: 10:03am On Feb 15, 2021
Hello,

Shebi we can ask anything here now cheesy grin

Trying to make a decision here. For those who travelled with their families, I beg which is better, to travel with your dependent husband and he returns after about 3 weeks to continue his job in naija or he stays back, process his visa and join the rest of the family later?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mumzt: 10:26am On Feb 15, 2021
carnal:
Is it funny how we can say an organization won't do something?
Like saying BA would never do that?
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/covid19-tests?dr=&dt=British%20Airways%20%7C%20Book%20Flights,%20Holidays,%20City%20Breaks%20%26%20Check%20In%20Online&scheme=&audience=travel&CUSTSEG=&GGLMember=&ban=1980a72307aa994d646d6f890a1129c9%7C%7CCAM%7C10%7CCTA1%7C1%7C%7C%7C%7CHOME%7C%7C%7C%7CL4%7C%7C%7C%7Canonymous-inspiration%7C%7C%7C&KMtag=c&KMver=1.0&clickpage=HOME
That's a link.

Read the full article, it says the rules on ukvi applies. And the rule says children under 11 are exempted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by membelle: 10:49am On Feb 15, 2021
Please what is the email address to use to contact UKVI it’s been about 3 weeks that I did my biometry and no response from them at all. I called and they said a decision is yet to be made.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oluwaloseyi2009: 11:52am On Feb 15, 2021
God has done it .

Visa Alert:
Online registration : 26th Jan
Biometric : 28th Jan(Priority)
Not Straight forward mail: 2nd Feb
Decision : 10th of Feb
Collection : 15th of Feb

I am indeed great full for all the advise and recommendation I received here during my application. U guys are wonderful . I pray GOD will continue to bless you all.

Plsss don’t be shy to ask anything here . This is the only place u can get free advise on anything .

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

15 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Futureukstudent: 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2021
oluwaloseyi2009:
God has done it .

Visa Alert:

I am indeed great full for all the advise and recommendation I received here during my application. U guys are wonderful . I pray GOD will continue to bless you all.

Plsss don’t be shy to ask anything here . This is the only place u can get free advise on anything .

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
congratulations, I pray I rejoice like you too soon grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by membelle: 12:11pm On Feb 15, 2021
Hi,
Please can I call you?
oluwaloseyi2009:
God has done it .

Visa Alert:

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oppsonn: 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2021
oluwaloseyi2009:
God has done it .

Visa Alert:

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Congrats.

Please was there any interview between u and the embassy?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LegitBoyy: 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
Please who can confirm if paga is still going through for visa application and what rate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 15, 2021
Any site to book cheap flight from lagos to England.. Make una answer me... The gurus in the house.. Na una me help to this stage o..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 15, 2021
oluwaloseyi2009:
God has done it .

Visa Alert:

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LegitBoyy: 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2021
Aishat4jesus:
Any site to book cheap flight from lagos to England.. Make una answer me... The gurus in the house.. Na una me help to this stage o..
wakanow
Aeroland

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ayomidetomiwa: 2:17pm On Feb 15, 2021
Aishat4jesus:
You can use wakanow.com, travelstart or check the airlines website directly

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by unclepopo2(m): 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
Please feel free

membelle:
Hello,
Please can I reach you privately

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.