Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1310421 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 12, 2021
DiamondOkpi:
Good evening house. Please can anyone tell me if there are jobs in Sheffield City. I'm planning on attending Sheffield Hallam university, want to come with my husband and kid. Hoping I'll see part time work while he's free to work full time. Please Is Sheffield conducive to such a plan. Thank you.

I am schooling in SHU. Generally there not much jobs due to lockdown and the restrictions.

There are few social care jobs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Feb 12, 2021
For those coming next week please go through UK Govt website.

UK is no longer smiling o make sure your test is not fake you can be sent home and pay a fine.

The news I hear on the radio about the measures UK is taking is not funny.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2021
Wishing you guys all the best

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SamReinvented: 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2021
These guys are getting ridiculous. What is the essence of the exorbitant IHS fees, if they are asking us to still pay for Covid-19 test. UK student visa is almost looking like daylight yahoo yahoo.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SamReinvented: 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2021
Please what is the current best place to change USD to GBP in terms of rates? Nigerian airport or Heathrow/UK?

Cc @mimilyrics; justwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oppsonn: 7:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
SamReinvented:
These guys are getting ridiculous. What is the essence of the exorbitant IHS fees, if they are asking us to still pay for Covid-19 test. UK student visa is almost looking like daylight yahoo yahoo.

Another source of funds for them.

Don't even know why IHS fees is high?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oppsonn: 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2021
Aprokodaughter:

I am schooling in SHU. Generally there not much jobs due to lockdown and the restrictions.

There are few social care jobs.

Ok..But what does it look like before the pandemic ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Pompcares: 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2021
Mehn you guys are doing amazing work here. May The Lord keep blessing all the contributors who solely believe in togetherness we can make it. And to those who are waiting on there Visas, God go grant u all happiness. Abeg any Aruba for this Obodo make in DM make we align as I dey enter Birmingham next week. God bless us all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2021
oppsonn:

Ok..But what does it look like before the pandemic ?

I came in during the pandemic I don't know what it looked like before the pandemic.

Since I arrived it has been from one lockdown to another and the restrictions rules changes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by oppsonn: 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2021
Aprokodaughter:

I came in during the pandemic I don't know what it looked like before the pandemic.

Since I arrived it has been from one lockdown to another and the restrictions rules changes.

Ok. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshy2004: 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2021
SamReinvented:

I am telling you. There visa fee is outrageous and I don't understand how in Nigeria they will ask you to pay in dollars when we use naira

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vick6666: 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2021
Good day guys please I need advise on uk study visa I have been studying in South African university and I study marketing I came back to Nigeria to renew my travel documents when I found out someone defrauded me in South Africa and gave me fake medical aid I applied 3 times to South Africa but they keep rejecting I have finally accepted to go to uk coventry university top up in international marketing which starts by May this year 2021 please guy I need your honest contribution about the study visa and if I will get a job while doing the top up course for a year and how is life in general In uk the cost of accommodation feeding and general expensive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 8:54pm On Feb 12, 2021
SamReinvented:

Oga Sam, that's what they use to run their economy and is working for them. Covid19 test payment is mandatory even for 9ja. Paying £470 for health service is not too bad compared to what patients even pay in 9ja hospitals where we no get facilities or adequate treatment. For you to Yahoo them back in return as ogidi omo 9ja, just use more than payment of the service. If UK govt adopt Australia Hotel quarantine that one go even cari muscle pass IHS payment plus covid19 test own. We all see how our 9ja govt looted our palliatives.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Zoe1234: 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2021
Hi everyone, I intend to apply for the master's program in Biomedical Sciences at the University of chester starting in October 2021. I will like to know more about the availability of student jobs there because I plan to cover part of my fees and living expenses with wages gotten from my part-time job. Also, I will appreciate information
on their payment plan because, I couldn't find much info on it on their website. I know I have to pay 3k first but I don't know how soon I will have to pay the remainder. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by toksafo(f): 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2021
gbenguzzz:
Has anyone been able to pay for IHS today with paga? The icon is not on the site
pls am having d same issue I already funded my paga acc but it wasn't indicated on d site again. Pls any one wit how I can pay for d IHS fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by slimdolyin(m): 9:02pm On Feb 12, 2021
Lol.....na ur Naira no jel 1k pound is nothing over there.... For you to see a doctor alone as a citizen u will pay consultation fee and also pay for drugs.

SamReinvented:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SamReinvented: 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2021
oppsonn:

Another source of funds for them.

Don't even know why IHS fees is high?

They need to tone down these their money making schemes. It makes sense to ask people with visit visas to pay for covid tests. But for students that you've already collected healthcare fees from, doesn't make sense at all.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by chrisj2(m): 9:25pm On Feb 12, 2021
Absolutely everyone has to pay for 2 covid tests - even British people; as long as you are coming in from abroad, you pay, and pay upfront.

Travel Covid test has always been a piad-for service. The NHS test is for people - (everyone) with covid symptoms or of they are doing it for everyone like in Liverpool recently.

IHS has nothing to do with travel Covid tests. Nja imposed such a fee when UK did not even require any test at all... But their is just now times 2 and hotel quarantine for red list countries.

Last last, the more people from Nja provide fake covid tests or try to game the system like jumping on the bus or train from Heathrow or Gatwick to go immediately to Scotland, lying on locator form and not observing isolation; Nigeria will be added to the red list.

People, be warned!

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 9:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
Zoe1234:
Hi everyone, I intend to apply for the master's program in Biomedical Sciences at the University of chester starting in October 2021. I will like to know more about the availability of student jobs there because I plan to cover part of my fees and living expenses with wages gotten from my part-time job. Also, I will appreciate information
on their payment plan because, I couldn't find much info on it on their website. I know I have to pay 3k first but I don't know how soon I will have to pay the remainder. Thanks.

Advisable you revise that plan and formulate another.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
Zoe1234:
... nothing is impossible.... If the fee is not high.. Then go for it..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 9:58pm On Feb 12, 2021
chrisj2:
Absolutely everyone has to pay for 2 covid tests - even British people; as long as you are coming in from abroad, you pay, and pay upfront.

Travel Covid test has always been a piad-for service. The NHS test is for people - (everyone) with covid symptoms or of they are doing it for everyone like in Liverpool recently.

IHS has nothing to do with travel Covid tests. Nja imposed such a fee when UK did not even require any test at all... But their is just now times 2 and hotel quarantine for red list countries.

Last last, the more people from Nja provide fake covid tests or try to game the system like jumping on the bus or train from Heathrow or Gatwick to go immediately to Scotland, lying on locator form and not observing isolation; Nigeria will be added to the red list.

People, be warned!

Oga why u come they pick on our 9ja people. Even BBC cari am for news and still questioning on how Scottish Hotel quarantine rule is going to be effective for International arrival travelling to Scotland who arrived in England and get on public transport to Scotland. If UK as nation no adopt Australian Hotel quarantine rules, some travellers go still they avoid it. You know Split journey is not illegal. I come in peace. No swallow me tonight ooo because the hotel rule needs to be solved by both Ogbeni Johnson and Olori Sturgeon. In summary difference dey between avoid and evade oooo.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SmithNV: 11:18pm On Feb 12, 2021
Hello House,
Please i am taking Qatar Airways to London with a layover in Qatar. On the passenger locator form, should i fill Nigeria or Qatar as which country are you travelling from?
And also my final destination is Norwich and i have booked a hotel for the isolation period, should i put the Norwich address on the locator form or it has to be a London address? am i going to get a bus or train to Norwich?
Please this is urgent. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:33pm On Feb 12, 2021
SmithNV:
Hello House,
Please i am taking Qatar Airways to London with a layover in Qatar. On the passenger locator form, should i fill Nigeria or Qatar as which country are you travelling from?
And also my final destination is Norwich and i have booked a hotel for the isolation period, should i put the Norwich address on the locator form or it has to be a London address? am i going to get a bus or train to Norwich?
Please this is urgent. Thanks

Nigeria is where you are travelling from

The actual place you stay for 10 days is what should be on the form (they do spot check) so if you be in the hotel in Norwich then that what you put down

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SmithNV: 11:37pm On Feb 12, 2021
Okay, thank you. Are buses and trains moving around, so i can get to Norwich that same day?
LagosismyHome:

Nigeria is where you are travelling from

The actual place you stay for 10 days is what should be on the form (they do spot check) so if you be in the hotel in Norwich then that what you put down
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmaze2000(m): 11:54pm On Feb 12, 2021
Mimi17:
I did with neco and my admission came yesterday night

Please who applied to Huddersfield without ielts.

Did you get an aknowledgement after you clicked submit, I only got an application slip and no email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Esther89: 11:55pm On Feb 12, 2021
Why not do some research??

You can get all the information you want on google .

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:56pm On Feb 12, 2021
SmithNV:
Okay, thank you. Are buses and trains moving around, so i can get to Norwich that same day?

I have no clue . ..I went to national express website (which is a bus service) and it seems it suspended due to travel restriction till March.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SamReinvented: 12:46am On Feb 13, 2021
SmithNV:
Buses are not moving. Trains are.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by zill001: 1:04am On Feb 13, 2021
Hello all, please am due to travel to the UK next week. Does anybody have Idea of how I can get cheap accommodation in preferable Wolverhampton area. I need rent that does not include paying agent fees or deposit and around £300/month. I will really appreciate any information. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 4:00am On Feb 13, 2021
zill001:
Hello all, please am due to travel to the UK next week. Does anybody have Idea of how I can get cheap accommodation in preferable Wolverhampton area. I need rent that does not include paying agent fees or deposit and around £300/month. I will really appreciate any information. Thanks

https://m.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?flatshare_id=11763229&search_id=1014233404&city_id=&flatshare_type=offered&search_results=%2Fflatshare%2F%3Fsearch_id%3D1014233404%26&

https://m.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/?search_id=1014233404&

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olaness: 4:46am On Feb 13, 2021
Advice needed pls.
1st- My husband is the main applicant. Me and two kids are his dependants. We are thinking of applying March 16 for September start date. We were wondering whether our application may raise negative questions if we pay for priority considering the adequate time. But we are concerned about the wait.

2nd - my husband graduated a long time ago since 2001. But he has masters from Worldquant university - online, 2020. Should he add the masters degree certificate in his visa application to show recent study or will the gap 2001 - 2021 not raise any negative signals?

I'll appreciate your answers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by vannie21: 5:36am On Feb 13, 2021
chrisj2:

People, be warned!
Not everyone, Children under 11years are exempted

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.