Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1314629 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olaness: 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
Swiftylistic:
What did you do to get free appliances on gumtree

@cutieb, I'll like to know too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmaze2000(m): 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2021
Kingp91:
I checked their site, I am still seeing high fees

Which course are you checking?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lilyheaven: 3:31pm On Feb 24, 2021
10dertosssss:

I applied for mental health nursing to several schools, I have gotten responses from three (3) schools out of 7. The 3 schools are all asking for additional requirements, so I don't think its much of a difference. I have abit of experience in the health care section, a 2.2 for BSc, and also another degree in Environment for MSc. lets keep our fingers crossed, hopefully between now and March ending we would have gotten responses from atleast 2 schools. I applied to Bournemouth, Hertfordshire, kingston uni, Plymouth, Birmingham, salford, Lincoln.

I graduated with 2.2 BNSc, I wish to go for my masters, though I wanted to study maternal and child health, but I’m worried if the course will pay at the end of the day. I’m thinking of changing to mental health.
Again is IELTS required?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Faithluv5(f): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hi guys, who's going to Nottingham Trent University, September 2021? My course is MSc IT Security. Lets link up smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Futureukstudent: 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2021
Faithluv5:
Hi guys, who's going to Nottingham Trent University, September 2021? My course is MSc IT Security. Lets link up smiley
have you gotten an adminsion letter? And when did you apply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by iffyibeh: 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2021
Dear Mrs....

We are writing with respect to your two childrens’ recent visa applications. We require your own passport and those of your spouse and your youngest child  to be submitted to the visa application centre (VAC) in order to process these two visa applications. Please let us know when you have submitted it to the VAC.

Pls my people, I got the above email today, I'm already in the UK, my hus and youngest child are waiting for my two kids to get their visas so they can travel together, they are in Anambra state, can I scan the mentioned docs to a Friend in Abuja to help us submit to VAC,will they allow him submit on our behalf? N/B priority visa submitted on Friday in Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dharmzy370: 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2021
DMainMan:

Yes. BSc will get 2 yrs post study visa. But BSc students cannot bring dependent.
Ok thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ab7890: 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2021
Faithluv5:

I am not sure yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mumsytwinny: 6:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Faithluv5:
cool cool cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 6:21pm On Feb 24, 2021
Evening house and to the elders. I beg I need clarification ooo for a family member. For a course of 21months, are School oblige to make students keep full tuition fees of 2yrs program plus maintenance fee or Students must keep 1yr tuition fee plus maintenance fee. I have some1 who just made his school deposit for first year and she received confirmation from her school about CAS that she need to show the 2yrs tuition fee + maintenance fees money for 28days.
We all know as Buhari & APC govt be now. Thanks all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DiamondOkpi(f): 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2021
Nkem222:
how is 9,600 that for international students. My offer too states 9600

Please can one apply without transcript and send later after getting a conditional offer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 6:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Welldone to you because relocating /settling down as a family of 6 is not joke..... you done well and may it continue to go smoothly .

Amen...thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 7:01pm On Feb 24, 2021
Swiftylistic:
What did you do to get free appliances on gumtree
Just go the gumtree (you can download the app) type what you need and sort the price from low to high, it will list out free items first before paid items. Don't forget to fill in your code so you can get stuffs close to where you stay. Then send a message to the poster if it's available. But ensure to check if the item is listed as 'like new' or 'good' . if its fair don't bother.

Same applies to FACEBOOK market place

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2021
Samgalaxy:
For those that recently traveled, what UK phone number did you use to complete the after-arrival COVID test form? please urgent

I used my naija no. and they actually contacted me on day 6 of my isolation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nkem222: 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2021
DiamondOkpi:

Please can one apply without transcript and send later after getting a conditional offer?
yeah I think so it depends on the university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 8:46pm On Feb 24, 2021
Aishat4jesus:
Hello house, I will be traveling soon and my friend in the uk told me... She wants me to help her get a black soap.. I told her I will buy it.. Buh she said she has already sent someone to help her ordered it... Dat d person will bring it to my house... Please house is it advisable I help her bring it to the uk.... What if it is drugs disguised as black soap. I don't really know this friend someone connected me to her.... What should I do? MY HUSBAND TOLD ME NOT TO HELP ANYBODY... CONSIDERING WHAT WE AV SPENT TO secure this visa...Dat I shouldn't trust any 1
DON'T help,since you are not the person that bought.
Another angle collect, forget it at home and apologies when you arrive

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2021
kcmontez:
Please, who knows an affordable cargo company that I can use to send my luggage to the UK. The excess luggage that appeared from nowhere is not a joke especially with local flight. Am sure int'l flight I will be ok but local flights is looking like wahala! Don't have money to waste abeg help a sister! I am travelling with my husband and 2 children.

Please, anyone that travelled recently...let me ask. Is there any thing you wish you had left behind and things you wish you had come with. Need to reduce my load abeg.
did you use an home scale weigh your load?
I will advise you buy digital scale from jumia if you still have time cos a friend , family of 4 made the same mistake. There was bags everywhere but they got to the international airport and found out they still have 27kg not use
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2021
chrisj2:

Foods! Almost all foods can be left behind because food is food and if you shop wisely and not hung up on eating Nja foods, you will be fine. We all eat too much anyways!
Then clothes, forget most of your Nigerian attire - take just a few good ones - where are you going to be going or are you coming to UK to do owambe.
Next, books and other personal effects that will just gather space in your house for many years to come.
Mind you! You gave allocation for every single traveller including the children, do how come you are 70kg over? Get rid of beans and rice and meats - no need!
You can drop other things but you need lots of food especially during the ten days isolation and you have kids. Mine (2) ate like bricklayer in that ten days cos idleness and boredom will make them ask for food everytime. On top all the food we still did iceland and amazon once o. So my advice leave other things but carry food:
From egusi to ogbono to palm oil (freeze it well), to pap to garri, rice,beans,indomie (3 cartons), sardine,maggi, dry fish and dry meat including suya and kilishi, vegetable oil, biscuit,I checked in 6 loafs of bread we got in Abuja that morning we were leaving. Atleast most of this held us for first 5-8 days.
But you must wrap well with foil and tape in ghana must go also make sure they wrap it at the airport,we had 8 bags. Small clothes should be in hand luggage

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by chrisj2(m): 9:27pm On Feb 24, 2021
You are missing the point! If you do not have to pay excess luggage or cargo at about £4 or £5 per kilogramme then carry whatever you like.

But 3 cartons of indomie when Maggi noodles is better is just thinking that Nja foods is superior when it is not!

I am not a foodie type person and I will not waste my time or effort carrying Nja foods to the UK.

I go to nja with suitcases mostly full of great FTS and come back with one suitcase that is virtually empty. There are enough foods in the UK and like I said, whatever you bring will be eaten.

Black soap, Shea butter, ground peppers and other natural remedies and spices are my thing and they are very cost effective because they are mad expensive in the UK.

Each to their own! So they take all the foods; what exactly should they leave behind? And did you pay excess luggage on your foods?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by chrisj2(m): 9:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
Bringing biscuits to the UK? Why oh why? Like taking tea to China... Biscuits are two-a-penny here - not worth it at all...

And so much bread - I laugh in Ijebu... He he he

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by veegal: 9:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
Hello Omopapa & all the gurus,

Thank you for your advice as regards working as a Biomedical Scientist in the UK.

I am a graduate of Biochemistry and have an MBA from a Nigerian University. I have over 10years work experience (Medical Sales Rep.) but not related to Laboratory experience. I checked the shortage occupation list and Biochemistry is included.

I'm currently in the UK on a Tier 2 dependent visa and i would like to search for a job with my qualification.

What are the steps to take especially getting the IBMS evaluation and then HCPC registration?

Are the modules or add-on courses to be taken to make up; masters degree courses? How long does it take for this whole process to be completed? What are my options please? Kindly advise! Thank you.

omopapa:
Depends on ur situation. If u have experience in Nigeria then u apply via the international route. Otherwise, do the IBMS assessment, the outcome will determine how much modules u need to do which will then explain whether a masters will cover for it or just top modules will be enough.

The 5 weeks training will need you to be in the UK for it so it’s better for people already in

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2021
Rice, beans, bread, indomie, biscuit, vegetable oil, sardines, maggi o, whatever you want, Amazon will drop it off at your door the next day with a "free" student Prime subscription. The other supermarkets will also deliver to you, if not quite as timeously as Amazon.
Bring along the things you can't get here or can only get at expensive prices.
Leave Nigerian clothes, you will most likely end up wearing them extremely rarely, if at all.

After your first few weeks, there will usually be something you will regret bringing along.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 9:38pm On Feb 24, 2021
chrisj2:
Bringing biscuits to the UK? Why oh why? Like taking tea to China... Biscuits are two-a-penny here - not worth it at all...

And so much bread - I laugh in Ijebu... He he he

Lol.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Faithluv5(f): 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2021
Yes I got my admission letter in January, I applied in December. I actually got the 50% scholarship in Nov 2019 but could not make it due to funds. I dont know if they will give me this time around.
Futureukstudent:
have you gotten an adminsion letter? And when did you apply

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Faithluv5(f): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
Okay
Ab7890:

I am not sure yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 10:14pm On Feb 24, 2021
chrisj2:
You are missing the point! If you do not have to pay excess luggage or cargo at about £4 or £5 per kilogramme then carry whatever you like.

But 3 cartons of indomie when Maggi noodles is better is just thinking that Nja foods is superior when it is not!

I am not a foodie type person and I will not waste my time or effort carrying Nja foods to the UK.

I go to nja with suitcases mostly full of great FTS and come back with one suitcase that is virtually empty. There are enough foods in the UK and like I said, whatever you bring will be eaten.

Black soap, Shea butter, ground peppers and other natural remedies and spices are my thing and they are very cost effective because they are mad expensive in the UK.

Each to their own! So they take all the foods; what exactly should they leave behind? And did you pay excess luggage on your foods?
I understand your point clearly. Naturally am a light traveller however with kids it's always a different ball game, hence you can't ignore all the food. I didn't pay anything on excess food, we were in line with KG, as a family of 4. Infact I only took very few clothes not even up to 10pcs (1 boot,1 sneakers, 3 jeans, 3 tops and 1 jacket)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by EddieMurphie: 10:29pm On Feb 24, 2021
Please any University of Sunderland student in the house.

The offer stated that I provide an IELTS result even though I uploaded my neco. What can I do as I don’t intend writing the exam?

They also said £3500 deposit and Full payment of the balance upon registration/enrollment. This one is not an issue though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nextpresident: 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2021
No i flew through Heathrow then took a transiting flight to Scotland
SameeD96:
Good evening guys
Please who travelled/knows anybody that travelled to Scotland recently.
Is the hotel quarantine compulsory for Nigerians?��

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ab7890: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2021
Faithluv5:
Okay

I have a conditional offer though. Yay. Congrats on the scholarship and can i pm u?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Biakwa: 11:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
justwise:

Firstly what will it cost her to bring you and the kids to join her?

Will she be able to extend that visa or change to other types of visa that will pave way to permanent residency?

The information is thet she must get a job to be able to bring us
Question two I do not really know
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by omopapa: 12:15am On Feb 25, 2021
Hello veegal,

It is good that you are already in the UK, this will make ur process easier and faster.

NHS is the highest employer of labour especially in medical field. To work within the NHS lab as a Biochemist, u will have to be HCPC registered as a Biomedical Scientist.

To achieve this, you need IBMS degree assessment

https://www.ibms.org/registration/degree-assessment-for-hcpc-registration/

The outcome of the assessment will determine which add-on courses you need to take with IBMS accredited uni

https://www.ibms.org/resources/documents/ibms-accredited-undergraduate-degree-coursesa/1accredited-course-honours-updated-2021-february-16.pdf

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions

veegal:
Hello Omopapa & all the gurus,

Thank you for your advice as regards working as a Biomedical Scientist in the UK.

I am a graduate of Biochemistry and have an MBA from a Nigerian University. I have over 10years work experience (Medical Sales Rep.) but not related to Laboratory experience. I checked the shortage occupation list and Biochemistry is included.

I'm currently in the UK on a Tier 2 dependent visa and i would like to search for a job with my qualification.

What are the steps to take especially getting the IBMS evaluation and then HCPC registration?

Are the modules or add-on courses to be taken to make up; masters degree courses? How long does it take for this whole process to be completed? What are my options please? Kindly advise! Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.