Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309679 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nkem222: 12:21am On Feb 25, 2021
awumen:

You can drop other things but you need lots of food especially during the ten days isolation and you have kids. Mine (2) ate like bricklayer in that ten days cos idleness and boredom will make them ask for food everytime. On top all the food we still did iceland and amazon once o. So my advice leave other things but carry food:
From egusi to ogbono to palm oil (freeze it well), to pap to garri, rice,beans,indomie (3 cartons), sardine,maggi, dry fish and dry meat including suya and kilishi, vegetable oil, biscuit,I checked in 6 loafs of bread we got in Abuja that morning we were leaving. Atleast most of this held us for first 5-8 days.
But you must wrap well with foil and tape in ghana must go also make sure they wrap it at the airport,we had 8 bags. Small clothes should be in hand luggage
we heard you shouldn't travel with groundnut oil or palmoil
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Islamiat01: 12:22am On Feb 25, 2021
@justwise
@mimlyrics and other people in the house, please I want to ask what to do. My husband wants to apply for dependent visa but let me explain this - I applied for student visa as (Single) last year Dec 8 and I was granted the visa Jan 11. During my visa application processing I was single and after applying for my visa I got married Dec 30 before my visa came out Jan 11.The question now is do I need to change my name on my passport and my status to (married) before the commencement of my hubby processing or I should ignore and explain to the UKVI why I’m not having the same name with my hubby?
***Note - I’m already in the UK.
Please I need your responses on this issue. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 12:58am On Feb 25, 2021
At the time of your application, you are surely right to say you were single which is fine. There's no legal requirement for you to change your name (unless you want to). Your partner can apply with all the necessary documents to prove your marriage / relationship is genuine and subsisting. Documents like marriage certificate, chats, calls, wedding pictures etc.

Islamiat01:
@justwise
@mimlyrics and other people in the house, please I want to ask what to do. My husband wants to apply for dependent visa but let me explain this - I applied for student visa as (Single) last year Dec 8 and I was granted the visa Jan 11. During my visa application processing I was single and after applying for my visa I got married Dec 30 before my visa came out Jan 11.The question now is do I need to change my name on my passport and my status to (married) before the commencement of my hubby processing or I should ignore and explain to the UKVI why I’m not having the same name with my hubby?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dembele11(m): 2:30am On Feb 25, 2021
[quote author=Royalty63 post=99374228][/quote]

See eehn I understand the wait, for me it wasn’t easy. But I personally don’t worry about the things I have no control over.

To your question, I didn’t get any mail at all. In fact it was at still at DMC. Just be patient that’s all I can really tell you. It’s a waiting game.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by chrisj2(m): 6:49am On Feb 25, 2021
awumen:

I understand your point clearly. Naturally am a light traveller however with kids it's always a different ball game, hence you can't ignore all the food. I didn't pay anything on excess food, we were in line with KG, as a family of 4. Infact I only took very few clothes not even up to 10pcs (1 boot,1 sneakers, 3 jeans, 3 tops and 1 jacket)

Ok! I understand. However, these folks are at least 3 suitcases over the limit. Something has to give! They have packed 11 cases and thinking of paying excess or cargo... That is the real issue - my anecdotes is neither here or there - I travel light and don't bother with strict Nja foods...

Anyhow, if the poster goes to Living in UK as an immigrant. There is a famous Mamatukwas that does Cargo and does currency exchange too...

Shoes weigh too...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kinibigdil: 7:03am On Feb 25, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Buku: 8:36am On Feb 25, 2021
Good morning

I want to ask is it possible for a wife to have sole custody of kids while still married to her husband?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 8:51am On Feb 25, 2021
Islamiat01:
@justwise

You don't need to change anything but his application could attract extra look considering the gap between you securing a visa as a single woman and getting married right after that. You need to explain that within the form or add extra paper that contains the explanation.

They will likely run a check on your marriage certificate but you got nothing to worry about if all is legit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 8:53am On Feb 25, 2021
Buku:
Good morning

I want to ask is it possible for a wife to have sole custody of a legal union even while still married to her husband?

You mean have sole custody of your baby, her baby while both of you are still married and living together?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Royalty63: 8:58am On Feb 25, 2021
Dembele11:

See eehn I understand the wait, for me it wasn’t easy. But I personally don’t worry about the things I have no control over.

To your question, I didn’t get any mail at all. In fact it was at still at DMC. Just be patient that’s all I can really tell you. It’s a waiting game.
I haven't gotten a mail too, it's just at DMC. Do you have previous visa refusals?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kayalade123: 9:23am On Feb 25, 2021
Anyone studying in Wales please. I just need information thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by obavic: 9:30am On Feb 25, 2021
Hello gurus... Please my school made a mistake in my date of birth on my transcripts.. Given that non academic staff are on strike, what should I do? Can I still go ahead to use it to apply for schools?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by iffyibeh: 10:20am On Feb 25, 2021
Please can someone please help and respond, ukvi is asking for additional documents to process my dependents visa(2 kids of three) the last and my spouse submitted with me and we've gotten visas .The problem is that they are asking for our original stamped passports to be submitted to Vac office, and im already in the UK while the others are in Nigeria.What could be their reasons and what can I do now...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by giselle237: 10:29am On Feb 25, 2021
iffyibeh:
Please can someone please help and respond, ukvi is asking for additional documents to process my dependents visa(2 kids of three) the last and my spouse submitted with me and we've gotten visas .The problem is that they are asking for our original stamped passports to be submitted to Vac office, and im already in the UK while the others are in Nigeria.What could be their reasons and what can I do now...
call ukvi from the uk maam. They will be able to help u better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olaness: 10:44am On Feb 25, 2021
iffyibeh:

There's nothing to worry about here. If you want them to have the visa, why don't you courier your passport to your husband and let him submit with his and your last baby's. Alternatively, you may write ukvi to let them know you are already in the UK, asking for an alternative to sending your own passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmaze2000(m): 11:04am On Feb 25, 2021
DiamondOkpi:

Please can one apply without transcript and send later after getting a conditional offer?

Yes you can apply, I got my offer without a transcript.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by AltCtrlDel: 11:08am On Feb 25, 2021
Aishat4jesus:
Thanks... I will not... I will tell her I forgot... I can't risk anytin o

I'll suggest u collect it. Throw it away afterward and tell her it was seized by customs. Shikena!!

Wisdom is profitable to direct. Depending on ur relationship with her, she might "wait for u at the bus stop" If u tell her u forgot or outrightly tell her u can't.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmaze2000(m): 11:31am On Feb 25, 2021
kinibigdil:
Oh I was checking for my desired course, please can you guide me on how you applied and should your academic reference come in your school letterhead?

It’s an online application and it’s straight forward. It should carry the school name
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by emmaze2000(m): 11:44am On Feb 25, 2021
DiamondOkpi:

Please can one apply without transcript and send later after getting a conditional offer?

Yes, you can, I applied without transcript and got an offer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phatkings: 11:47am On Feb 25, 2021
If given the opportunity which amongst these would four universities will you attend
University of Liverpool
Aston University
Salford University
Manchester metropolitan University
MSc logistics and supply chain management ���
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracious13: 11:52am On Feb 25, 2021
@Giselle237 and @Justwise

I will like to know those documents that are needed for the visa application as my studies will be self sponsored. (Self-funding student)

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by omopapa: 11:58am On Feb 25, 2021
Aston university seems the most expensive amongst the list.

Phatkings:
If given the opportunity which amongst these would four universities will you attend
University of Liverpool
Aston University
Salford University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dharmzy370: 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
House i have a question, is it when you go for biometric you are require to submit your passport and other documents? or when. Asking as a first timer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by damilaare(m): 12:27pm On Feb 25, 2021
Can one go with indomie onion flavour?

chrisj2:
Why are people so particular about Nja foods? Whatever you bring with you will be eaten and finished...

There are all sorts of foods in the UK and many many combinations that are far better than our over reliance on carbohydrates and too much meats...

Moreover, there are African or Asian shops where many items can be bought. Yes, they are more expensive than if purchased in Nja but if you have to pay as an individual not seller or wholesaler to transport food then you might not be better off. And those Nja customs and immigration like to form about foods - bribery and even confiscation at times; at a time one is stressed out.

Kids clothes especially Nja attire will be outgrown and rarely worn unless one is the church type but even so, people wear western clothes to shop.

They sell Maggi here or just buy other types of stock cubes. Panla, dried ponmo, fish, drinks like five alive and so on and so forth - not necessary...

Nja attires so go out of fashion in a year or two...

Sensible shopping, using charity shops (same thing as 'graded' dey plenty... And they will be so cheap after lockdown has ended because people have been clearing out and will go out and spend spend.

If you all have 46 kg, then how can you be 70kg over as a student. Forget your Nja books unless really relevant to your course but we get second hand ones too...

Start enjoyed your packed food before you leave Nja. Thank me later!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Swiftylistic: 12:41pm On Feb 25, 2021
Thank you
cutieb:

Just go the gumtree (you can download the app) type what you need and sort the price from low to high, it will list out free items first before paid items. Don't forget to fill in your code so you can get stuffs close to where you stay. Then send a message to the poster if it's available. But ensure to check if the item is listed as 'like new' or 'good' . if its fair don't bother.

Same applies to FACEBOOK market place

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Swiftylistic: 12:44pm On Feb 25, 2021
Guy please help me. Those of you that are in UK already, How did you secure an apartment and a job too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mumsytwinny: 12:54pm On Feb 25, 2021
Phatkings:
University of Liverpool
Aston University
Salford University
ASTON definitely
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by EddieMurphie: 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2021
Sunderland students ooooo

EddieMurphie:
Please any University of Sunderland student in the house.

The offer stated that I provide an IELTS result even though I uploaded my neco. What can I do as I don’t intend writing the exam?

They also said £3500 deposit and Full payment of the balance upon registration/enrollment. This one is not an issue though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Buku: 1:17pm On Feb 25, 2021
justwise:

You mean have sole custody of your baby, her baby while both of you are still married and living together?

Yes please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 1:22pm On Feb 25, 2021
Bourne007 Omopapa Justwise LagosismyHome mimilyrics aprokodaughter and others

Are there any implications if I study a course that is not accredited by a regulating body. In my case, I am going for MA-Journalism.

I noticed that journalism in the UK is accredited by NCTJ & BJTC.

Some of the schools I have in mind don’t have the course accredited by these bodies. Schools like MMU, SHU, Uni of Chester and Leeds Beckett don’t have this course accredited yet they offer it. I went the extra mile of checking their websites just to be sure. (nctj & bjtc websites).

From experience, what do you have to say or advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.