Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,411 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1322899 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Topetaiwo1(m): 7:28am On Jan 03, 2021
Good morning people, please I would like to ask if I’m still on the right track, my start date is on February 1 .... my school fees payment has just been confirmed, I haven’t collected my cas because I just started counting my 28 days from today, the money in my account was disrupted because of something very important..... I wrote the school already if they could give me few weeks because of my visa application.... please advise me what can I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chreze(m): 8:08am On Jan 03, 2021
Topetaiwo1:
Good morning people, please I would like to ask if I’m still on the right track, my start date is on February 1 .... my school fees payment has just been confirmed, I haven’t collected my cas because I just started counting my 28 days from today, the money in my account was disrupted because of something very important..... I wrote the school already if they could give me few weeks because of my visa application.... please advise me what can I do?

February 1 is about 28days from now and if you just started counting for SOA then it makes it kind of tight. But here’s what I can advice, confirm from your school when lectures will resume. For some schools, it’s 2weeks after start date (because they use the first 2weeks for orientation and all that). If that’s the case it gives you extra time. Also you can confirm when is the last arrival date as they can give extra weeks while you attend classes online.

The first option will lead you to priority and it’s sibling (super priority) while the second option will keep you on standard application depending on available weeks. Whatever option you go with, just try to be calm and not lose your mind.

Regards

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:15am On Jan 03, 2021
Topetaiwo1:

Chreze gave you some good points and also due to covid maybe resuming late by taking the early part online if the school allows it

and if that doesnt work then you can look into deferring the admission to another semester .....The rules regarding money and 28 days are never bent for any reason so bear that in mind... rules are rules and meant to be followed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by iCode2: 8:16am On Jan 03, 2021
Topetaiwo1:
Hmmmm kinda tight. I'll advice you do super priority sha.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shogunley: 9:59am On Jan 03, 2021
Can a couple with two kids: 5years old girl and 2years old boy live in studio. The intending residential area is Birmingham

Thanks
Phenmeson:

Yes you can but you need to check with the letting agency. Any apartments you see, ring them and tell them you have a kid. Not all letting agent will reject you. Which location do you intend to stay. Check Zoopla.co.uk or go through private Landlord if you have any.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:01am On Jan 03, 2021
shogunley:
Can a couple with two kids: 5years old girl and 2years old boy live in studio. The intending residential area is Birmingham
Thanks

Most landlords might not agree .. this definitely overcrowding even for a one bed how much more studio
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 11:04am On Jan 03, 2021
Topetaiwo1:
Best advice from @ chreze, i think it's achievable but las las na super priority get you o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Regex: 11:16am On Jan 03, 2021
I never receive CAS from Northumbria and my course will start on 11th of this month. Please how do I remind them of it? I will want to be in UK at most 1wk after 11th of this month.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by talktokunle: 11:22am On Jan 03, 2021
Morning guys, please for those who just travelled with Airfrance to the UK was covid-19 test required?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Towotowo: 11:27am On Jan 03, 2021
Im going to Northumbria too. You should have it before friday cos the will be resuming tomorrow..

Regex:
I never receive CAS from Northumbria and my course will start on 11th of this month. Please how do I remind them of it? I will want to be in UK at most 1wk after 11th of this month.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Regex: 11:31am On Jan 03, 2021
Towotowo:
Im going to Northumbria too. You should have it before friday cos the will be resuming tomorrow..

OK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nel11(m): 11:39am On Jan 03, 2021
@theguyfromHR good day
Pls I asked a question earlier about the Pof been in my account while my wife Is the main applicant.
But I saw on there site the money can be in my account if we are both applying together. Which is what we are planning to do.
But I got stocked when we were asked if the parent or the legal guardian will provide the maintenance fund.
Pls how do i pass this point

Thank you
And if anyone has experienced this, pls kindly help out.
God bless you all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:59am On Jan 03, 2021
talktokunle:
Morning guys, please for those who just travelled with Airfrance to the UK was covid-19 test required?

I dont know about Covid but from Jan 1st 2021 , you would need to get Airport Transit visa if you want to use Airfrance to the UK... so bear that in mind

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
Exception for Nigerians until February 1

LagosismyHome:

I dont know about Covid but from Jan 1st 2021 , you would need to get Airport Transit visa if you want to use Airfrance to the UK... so bear that in mind

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:19pm On Jan 03, 2021
Bourne007:
Exception for Nigerians until February 1

Noted... just re-read that part . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Haywhy3233: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
zotachuks:

Hi, you're already a student or prospective? It seems Bournemouth students are scarce. I don find tire. Lol

I am a prospective student, what stage of application are you ? Am yet to apply for visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
shogunley:

Thanks

Bro Studio flat will be too small for a family of 4. You can go for 1 bedroom flat but looking at your daughter of 5yrs,is advisable you go for 2bedroom flat just because of privacy. The difference between the prices of 1&2 bed flat can be less than £100 if you can search properly.But have it in mind that most flats are not bills inclusive.
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/property/birmingham/?beds_max=2&beds_min=1&page_size=25&price_frequency=per_month&price_max=600&q=Birmingham&radius=0&results_sort=newest_listings&search_source=facets

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2021
@Ned11,when you ask a question ,do urself a favour to read back cos your question was answered almost immediately on Friday
Nel11:
@theguyfromHR good day
Pls I asked a question earlier about the Pof been in my account while my wife Is the main applicant.
But I saw on there site the money can be in my account if we are both applying together. Which is what we are planning to do.
But I got stocked when we were asked if the parent or the legal guardian will provide the maintenance fund.

Thank you
God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
shogunley:

Thanks

No. Birmingham is relatively cheap and one and two bedroom flat rent is almost the same.

However, 2 bed will cost more due to bills.

What is budget?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2021
Privacy at 5 years old shocked? She's not even close teen yet na. Abi how does this work?

Phenmeson:

Bro Studio flat will be too small for a family of 4. You can go for 1 bedroom flat but looking at your daughter of 5yrs,is advisable you go for 2bedroom flat just because of privacy. The difference between the prices of 1&2 bed flat can be less than £100 if you can search properly.But have it in mind that most flats are not bills inclusive.
https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/property/birmingham/?beds_max=2&beds_min=1&page_size=25&price_frequency=per_month&price_max=600&q=Birmingham&radius=0&results_sort=newest_listings&search_source=facets
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by zotachuks(m): 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2021
Haywhy3233:

I am a prospective student, what stage of application are you ? Am yet to apply for visa

Oh okay! You can send me a mail via info.zotachukz@gmail.com let's connect. See ya!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SamReinvented: 1:25pm On Jan 03, 2021
Bourne007:
Privacy at 5 years old shocked? She's not even close teen yet na. Abi how does this work?

You think it’s okay for parents to have sex in the presence of their 5 year old child?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nel11(m): 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ezriela:
@Ned11,when you ask a question ,do urself a favour to read back cos your question was answered almost immediately on Friday

Thank you and I really appreciate.

I saw the response but my issue is, the only option I have for maintenance fund is parent or legal Guardian.

But the new development includes partners can have the maintenance fund so long as they are applying together.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2021
Nel11:
@theguyfromHR good day

Thank you
God bless you all

when we were asked if the parent or the legal guardian will provide the maintenance fund.

Why not click on no then .... since it's not applicable

Then write a cover letter detailing you are using the spouse bank account for both and applying together and if possible in cover letter you can screen shot the new rules . Keep it at one page letter

Also I would submit that and when I am scanning the bank statement would make the cover letter page 1 and then scan the bank statement so it's all on one pdf and cant be missed

Just a suggestion as I dont work in UKVI but it what i can do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
SamReinvented:

You think it’s okay for parents to have sex in the presence of their 5 year old child?

Lol. Apart from that, public health officials can take the children for lack of welfare.

They will come to your house for medical check up and your children immunisation and pre school breifing.

They should take at worst one bed flat.

Even one bed flat isnt even comfortable but it is still lawfully accepted. This is not Nigeria that anthing goes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Okay

SamReinvented:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
Bourne007:

Is not mandatory. When I moved to my 1 bedroom flat, the ex Tenant's moved out of the property just because of privacy because their only child & daughter is 5yrs. Even bidding on govt properties for a family of 4,most Landlords will require 2bedroom flat for a family of 4.if less than £100 can make you to get an additional bedroom, I prefer to go for it. Except you want to make the kids sleeping in living room at night.
Why must you disturb the innocent kids just because you want to sign in at night.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nel11(m): 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2021
LagosismyHome:

when we were asked if the parent or the legal guardian will provide the maintenance fund.

Why not click on no then .... since it's not applicable

Then write a cover letter detailing you are using the spouse bank account for both and applying together and if possible in cover letter you can screen shot the new rules . Keep it at one page letter

Also I would submit that and when I am scanning the bank statement would make the cover letter page 1 and then scan the bank statement so it's all on one pdf and cant be missed

Just a suggestion as I dont work in UKVI but it what i can do

Thank you
The explanation sound logical and it's something I will need to explore.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Thanksss: 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2021
Phenmeson:

Wow thanks for sharing dis, please check your mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2021
hosey:

Lol. Apart from that, public health officials can take the children for lack of welfare.

They will come to your house for medical check up and your children immunisation and pre school breifing.

They should take at worst one bed flat.

Even one bed flat isnt even comfortable but it is still lawfully accepted. This is not Nigeria that anthing goes.

No mind them. because if couples live in 9ja for Room & parlour with their teenage children, we believe we can do that in another country because kids are not entitle to their privacy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phenmeson(m): 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2021
SamReinvented:

It may not be OK for others but I believe the gentleman will support that inorder to save money. Everything for dis life no be money even though we are here for greener pasture
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Uktocanada: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2021
Phenmeson:

It may not be OK for others but I believe the gentleman will support that inorder to save money. Everything for dis life no be money even though we are here for greener pasture

Bros you shouldn't conclude that way, the man only asked a question to be more enlightened. No need to sound harsh ok

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (886)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.