Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,055 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1312453 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Leebido: 10:09am On Jan 01, 2021
Highly appreciated comment . Thanks

yusufDeveloper:

You can create Payoneer Account and buy funds ($) from exchangers (cheaper than aboki rate). Payoneer will give you 4 different accounts (dollar, pounds, euro and yen). In your Payoneer, you can manage (convert) currency from a dollar to pounds, from pounds to euro, in fact, you can manage funds on all the 4 accounts Payoneer has given you. If you have a domiciliary account, you can add it and withdraw your money from Payoneer to your bank account. You can also add your UK account to your Payoneer and withdraw as long you have converted your funds in Payoneer. You can add up to 3 different bank accounts you want to use to withdraw. You can check their website for more. I have attached a few screenshots to show you what I am trying to explain.

PS: Processing withdrawal fee is 2% of funds you are withdrawing i.e $2 for $100

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mopeds: 10:23am On Jan 01, 2021
I had the same issue when I got my visa, I got to UK on Nov 15th and I wasn't asked for the letter anywhere at all but I still haven't gotten my brp up till now. I hv emailed and emailed, no response...please anyone with any info to help....i emailed you...please let's chat.
bucade11:
Pls help me out, I went to collect my passport today, UK student visa. When I opened the envelope, I discovered that it was only my passport with visa that’s there. The paper that use to follow the visa wasn’t there. I was told the paper contains BRP, that I have to produce it at POE. I have lodged complaint at the TLS and I was told they’ll send mail to them that I shouldn’t worry. Pleas help‼️‼️‼️

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Leebido: 10:32am On Jan 01, 2021
Pls guys Who has a sample of the letter of sponsorship/permission to use ur parent’s/guardian statement of account

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bugzyE: 11:43am On Jan 01, 2021
Hello,

I will be going to Bournemouth University as well this month.

Anyone got an apartment yet

LegitBoyy:

I replied your comment earlier but you didn’t say anything again. Not in Bournemouth yet tho and I’m waiting for collection email too. We can connect if you don’t mind.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dosvedanie(m): 11:48am On Jan 01, 2021
PtBlank:
If you can, please call them. They didn't deliver mine too and when I tracked I noticed it was already in Lagos. I called and was told where it was, I just went straight and picked it. It was even past closing time.

Thanks for your response. I actually applied from Dubai where I reside. They delivered it yesterday.

Visa Alert!!!
TB Test: Not required (UAE resident)
Application: 17th December
Biometrics: 22nd December (priority)
Decision Mail: 29th December
Collection Mail: 30th December
Collection: 31st December (delivered by courier)

I wish all pending applicants a successful outcome.

Happy New Year.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Uktocanada: 12:07pm On Jan 01, 2021
Please who recently traveled with BA is COVID test needed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LegitBoyy: 1:45pm On Jan 01, 2021
bugzyE:
Hello,

I will be going to Bournemouth University as well this month.

Anyone got an apartment yet

I’ have been checking Spareroom online. It is actually easier if you are not on a budget. I’m on budget so that’s why I have been having issues streamlining it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by NomzyJust(m): 1:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
Uktocanada:
Please who recently traveled with BA is COVID test needed

No

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by luckygeee: 2:09pm On Jan 01, 2021
Royalty63:

Yes, they require a bank statement before they issue CAS.

Thanks for your reply. But please if I may ask, how long does it take the school to issue CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Royalty63: 4:23pm On Jan 01, 2021
luckygeee:

Thanks for your reply. But please if I may ask, how long does it take the school to issue CAS?

I'm yet to get CAS. I passed my interview with them on the 22nd of Dec but I'm sure when they resume on the 4th of Jan my CAS will be issued. It might take 3-7 days to be issued because I'm to resume on the 25th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by longidorous: 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2021
Happy New Year Everyone!

Pls is it opening or closing balance that the DMC use to calculate Proof of fund?

Abeg help me answer. Oanda just dey soar!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nel11(m): 5:38pm On Jan 01, 2021
Compliment of the season my people. God bless you for all you do.
Pls, I am stocked, because I am the one who has the proof of fund in his acct while my wife Is the main applicant.
I am travelling with her. Pls my people, how can I fill that part on her application
The only option I am seeing is parent and legal guardian.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 5:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
Pls transfer the money to her account ASAP if she is for January intake. You can't sponsor your spouse only her parents or legal guardian can sponsor her. I hope it is not too late now
Nel11:
Compliment of the season my people. God bless you for all you do.
Pls, I am stocked, because I am the one who has the proof of fund in his acct while my wife Is the main applicant.
I am travelling with her. Pls my people, how can I fill that part on her application
The only option I am seeing is parent and legal guardian.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Santa2: 5:56pm On Jan 01, 2021
msphlorah:
VISA ALERT!!
Standard Application- Ikeja
Biometrics - 3rd December
Decision mail - 22nd December
Collection mail - 31st December
Passport collected same day with Visa.

Thank you guys for all your contributions, you all rock. Special thanks to @mimilyrics!!!!! You are the best. God bless you immensely.

Congrats phlorah

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 5:58pm On Jan 01, 2021
Happy New Year,they use date of application,if u applied 29th dec rate was 510 that is what they will use for the applicant not today's rate
longidorous:
Happy New Year Everyone!

Pls is it opening or closing balance that the DMC use to calculate Proof of fund?

Abeg help me answer. Oanda just dey soar!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Cousiim: 6:23pm On Jan 01, 2021
Abeg any one currently at northumbria university or going to northumbria university London campus soon?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HYFR007: 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ezriela:
Pls transfer the money to her account ASAP if she is for January intake. You can't sponsor your spouse only her parents or legal guardian can sponsor her. I hope it is not too late now

False

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2021
HYFR007:

False

it's not False they just update the rules and most people don't know about the new rules at the moment.

Instead of saying false you should say it has been updated.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HYFR007: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
Aprokodaughter:

it's not False they just update the rules and most people don't know about the new rules at the moment.

What are you saying? So an old rule is right.

The guy said Nel11 can’t use his bank account as pof for his wife and I said that’s false and backed it up with a screenshot from the uk gov website and you are here quoting me. Stay off my mention. I see your comments here and you are not one I would like to have a chat with.

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Marylabliss: 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
Happy new year everyone. Congrats to those that got visa. Has anyone used paga for priority payment recently? I heard from one of the agents at Tls Abuja that paga doesn't work for priority anymore. Please how true is this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 01, 2021
HYFR007:

What are you saying? So an old rule is right.

The guy said Nel11 can’t use his bank account as pof for his wife and I said that’s false and backed it up with a screenshot from the uk gov website and you are here quoting me. Stay off my mention. I see your comments here and you are not one I would like to have a chat with.

So you know say na Old rule and you dey call am false?

Use a better word as updated not false Biko.

What are you getting angry about?

So saying it in a better way is now a problem?

Even if it's an old rule that doesn't mean it is false. Abi you no know how to use the word false?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by reincarnation: 7:58pm On Jan 01, 2021
Aprokodaughter:

Can you please provide the update that says you can't use a partner's funds?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kemkem93: 8:23pm On Jan 01, 2021
Am I the only one seeing that this NAIRA just dey try give person hypertension small small!
The thing just dey disgrace person.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HYFR007: 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2021
Old rule: dependants cannot switch to student visa while in the uk. You must return to home country.

Updated/New rule: dependants can switch to student visa while in the uk.

Yet one unruly person here is claiming old rules cannot be termed as false.

Las las everyone go dey alright. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ekaita: 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2021
No.you cant because it is above your monthly card limit.So a dorm card will be used for that but for other services such as flexi etc,you can use your naira debit card.
awumen:

Can one also use naira debit card to pay for super priority? Or it has to be forex card only?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
HYFR007:
Old rule: dependants cannot switch to student visa while in the uk. You must return to home country.

Updated/New rule: dependants can switch to student visa while in the uk.

Yet one unruly person here is claiming old rules cannot be termed as false.

Las las everyone go dey alright. cheesy

Corrections doesn't make someone rude. Learn to know the difference between false and update how to use them

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HYFR007: 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
False = Incorrect

Therefore, it is incorrect (false) to say that an applicant can’t use a partners bank account as pof.

Las las everyone go dey alright cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
HYFR007:
False = Incorrect

Therefore, it is incorrect (false) to say that an applicant can’t use a partners bank account as pof.

Las las everyone go dey alright cheesy

Thank God you can't delete your past comment here.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by HYFR007: 8:54pm On Jan 01, 2021
Lol... Anipe you will be alright cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 01, 2021
HYFR007:
Lol... Anipe you will be alright cheesy

Yes your Anipe will be alright when you go and look after her cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.