Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1303146 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 6:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
@shoyemiayodeji, the answer I was giving yesterday at the bank says at most 48hrs with working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
University of Aberdeen
University of Edinburgh
Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh Napier University
Robert Gordon University

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Joshua62: 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
Optimally:
@Joshua62, as long as English is your language of teaching in school or your first language in your country, most UK University doesn't require IELTS but it will help others to give you a well tailored answer if you mention the country in UK or better still the name of the school

Thanks, I will be applying to Leeds Beckett University, can anyone help with this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Optimally: 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
Joshua26
Tweet them @leedsbeckett or DM
They might reply faster with all the answers you need
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Gracious13: 6:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
olaness:
VISA ALERT
Family of four
September intake - University of Bradford

Application - 29th march
Biometrics - 1st April Standard, Self upload. (omited birth cert for one of the kids. But was able to add this at the VAC. Paid for assisted service for the kid)
Passport collection mail - 14 April
DHL delivery - 15 April
Visa was actually granted - 9th April.

University requested my hubby's TB certificate, account statement and conducted a zoom interview.

Documents submitted:

Student -
Passport, Degree, Waec, Marriage, TB certificates, Account statement, old passport with visa.

Dependants partner -
Degree, TB, Marriage certificates, passport and account statement.

Children each -
Account statement, TB, birth certificates, passport, and Consent letters.

We all used the same account statement.

We really thank the Most High God for His mercies.
I thank all who answered my questions especially Justwise and Cutieb.

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nnefab: 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
Optimally:
@Nnefab, thank you, I too have same query, can go ahead and make the bank transfer to the account displayed for Lagos IOM Office, how will they confirm my payment, or all I need to do is go along with my proof of payment on the day of the appointment?
Yes please,
On your appointment day you are supposed to go with your payment/transfer receipt and your international passport

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Asake1759(f): 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sophsay:
Hello Simi. I am also going to Hull in September. Please, may we connect so we can share information?
@Sophsay I’m also going to Hull in September. I’d love to connect with you and others going to Hull this year. ��

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Asake1759(f): 7:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
ayosco2008:

Will be going to Hull by September.. Sent u an email

Let’s connect too. I’m equally going in September

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olaness: 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
Optimally:
Please someone should please advice, my local bank says it will take up to 3weeks for initial deposit of tuition to reflect in beneficiary account and a list of few other demands like certificate, offer letter etc, whereas, a pounds Sterling Domiciliary account will take at most 48hrs, what I don't know is if it will cost much to buy forex and their transfer charge as compare to using the Form A.
Please advice

check another bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DeraaI: 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hi, thank you all for all the information you post. They’ve been really helpful to me.

Please, does anyone know how I can open a UK bank account even while being in Nigeria? I was considering a Dom account, but with the policies Nigeria comes up with daily, I’d rather not risk it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by donmanuel1: 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
Please, who has used fidelity bank (form A) for tuition payment and how long did it take to be debited
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by samoji84(m): 7:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
Nnefab:
Yes please,
On your appointment day you are supposed to go with your payment/transfer receipt and your international passport

Hello Nnwfab,
Will the TB result be addressed to the school, embassy or send to my email address?

How is the result handled by IOM?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by donmanuel1: 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2021
Please, do you know how long fidelity bank takes for form A.
olaness:

check another bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shegzy80: 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2021
Congratulations

olaness:
VISA ALERT
Family of four

Application - 29th march
Biometrics - 1st April Standard, Self upload. (omited birth cert for one of the kids. But was able to add this at the VAC. Paid for assisted service for the kid)
DHL delivery - 15 April

University requested my hubby's TB certificate, account statement and conducted a zoom interview.

Documents submitted:

Student -
Passport, Degree, Waec, Marriage, TB certificates, Account statement, old passport with visa.

Dependants partner -

Children each -

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mrchemist(m): 8:11pm On Apr 17, 2021
schools that are lenient I was refused last year visitor visa
hosey:

Your Application is unsuccessful not because of your academic potential. It is because you have been refused Uk visa before. Try other schools that are lenient. Ask the forum.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nnefab: 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
samoji84:

Hello Nnwfab,
Will the TB result be addressed to the school, embassy or send to my email address?

How is the result handled by IOM?
Kindly read about this on their website. I really do not have an answer to this.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nnefab: 8:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
donmanuel1:
Please, who has used fidelity bank (form A) for tuition payment and how long did it take to be debited
it takes two weeks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Howoheye: 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
sharietayo:
Being a Nigerian, your English proficiency test result is your WAEC or NECO result having at least a C6 in English Language. That is the alternative for IELTS result. Note that the has to be the original WAEC certificate.

Sheffield requests for IELTS from Nigerians for some courses. That was a condition for me to get an unconditional offer from them last time, despite submitting my WAEC Certificate. I applied for Public Health
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2021
Mine has been more than 48 working hours oooo. Since Wednesday, the person is yet to receive it.

Optimally:
@shoyemiayodeji, the answer I was giving yesterday at the bank says at most 48hrs with working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Obehi44: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
If someone has been giving CAS and still have about 10 - 15 days left in the 31 days rule of the bank account statement for visa application, can the person still use that same bank account statement? Considering now that the money is no longer in the account.

Please anyone with experience or know anyone who scaled through with this kind of situation should please help respond.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mentored: 8:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
SameeD96:
Hello
Please do you know if they had to wait 6 months before she applied??

i will ask her
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by georgesegun87: 9:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
Pls I interview is coming up on 21th of April...
Pls kindly send me the question the ask you for the interview am going for mental health also...
Thanks

te author=Destiny20five post=100859569]The result is out, it was successful. Working on paying my tuition deposit now

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Barad: 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
No
Obehi44:
If someone has been giving CAS and still have about 10 - 15 days left in the 31 days rule of the bank account statement for visa application, can the person still use that same bank account statement? Considering now that the money is no longer in the account.

Please anyone with experience or know anyone who scaled through with this kind of situation should please help respond.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kenfarm(m): 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2021
olaness:
VISA ALERT
Family of four

Application - 29th march
DHL delivery - 15 April

Documents submitted:

Student -

Dependants partner -

Children each -

Congrats!!!!

Pls I need help from you or any body with helpful info:

I don't know how true this is but some one told me if your waec/neco result in English is over 10yrs as of her you are sending your document to embassy for visa, the person will be refused visa even if your school has given your unconditional admission

Pls folks how true is this??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hardycross: 11:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
Greetings to all,

For those who used Form A to pay for tuition fee, what rate did the banks use? CBN rate or Bank rate? What i have read in pages past on this thread is showing rates higher than CBN.

Kindly advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenbeloveth(f): 12:49am On Apr 18, 2021
hosey:

Nice course. UK needs your course as there are lots of job opportunities in any part of UK.
What about Environmental Management course, how is job opportunities like in UK please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by MsChidi: 12:50am On Apr 18, 2021
Hello prospective students. Has anyone figured out a cheaper alternative to pay for IHS & application fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Queenbeloveth(f): 12:52am On Apr 18, 2021
You only need to show the first year tuition balance and your maintainance.
You can use your waec instead provided you have atleast C5 or 6 in English. I used my waec
canadaishome:
Good day all,

Please I have a couple of questions about the UK admission and study route

I'm going for MSc Cyber security at Teesside (2 years with advanced practice) £7500 per year

Do I have to show just the £7500 for a year or the total £15,000

2. Is there anyone that got admission into Teesside? Did they ask for IELTS, I can see it's a requirement on their website.
Thank you in advance for your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kenny1111111: 5:33am On Apr 18, 2021
kenfarm:

Congrats!!!!

Pls I need help from you or any body with helpful info:

I don't know how true this is but some one told me if your waec/neco result in English is over 10yrs as of her you are sending your document to embassy for visa, the person will be refused visa even if your school has given your unconditional admission

Pls folks how true is this??

It’s not true.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.