Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1306907 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2021
Dazeey042:
Thank you Justwise, Lagosismyhome and hosey...
I plan on applying for my visa first week of August and I will like to know if it will be too late for September intake?
But I will have to use priority

Aim for standard .... the money for priority can be used for other things when you arrive in Uk

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by samoji84(m): 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
wolewole200:

You can call or check the dates. It could also be network. I just made my booking two days ago for May. All days in June have been booked.
Hi Wole,
Trust you are good?

Please now long can a TB test result last if done by the applicant ahead of visa application, does it expire?

Can TB text be done two months before visa application submission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
Adexcube007:
Hello Everyone,

please help with this question. I am a single mother that wants to apply for a visa with my daughter. I am going to the University of Hull and I have gotten my unconditional offer. What documents do I need to get to show that I am a single mother and for me to get a visa for my daughter? Sole physical custody or sole legal custody or a consent letter? I have been the one taking care of her but I can contact her dad to get anything I want to make this happen but I need to know what I need.

Kindly help, please.

You need to get legal custody of the baby and a consent letter from the dad.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
Dazeey042:

@Justwise Thank you but what if the rate fluctuate after I have summited my bank statement won't it affect me?

You got your answer here...

LagosismyHome:

The only exchange rate used will be what is on the day you submit your application online.... before or after that date is not relevant.

However its always best to add some buffer just incase the day you are ready to submit is when it high

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olaness: 10:33pm On Apr 16, 2021
wolewole200:

Congratulations!

Please I'll like to know about the account statement used for the family. Is £6,000 the only amount meant for the entire four dependants or for each person? Since you said you used the same account statement.

Thank you in anticipation of the response

Each dependant has a his own amount. That is, £680 × 9 months for outside London.
So the account has a total or cumulative of the amount for the student and each dependent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Destiny20five: 10:35pm On Apr 16, 2021
The result is out, it was successful. Working on paying my tuition deposit now

Destiny20five:
I had my Interview today with Oxford brookes University for Msc Mental Health Nursing. It went very well, felt more like a discussion and it made me really glad to have chosen the school.

It started out as a group interview (5 students and one Interviewer). We watched a video and was told to discuss the issues raised in it. After which we proceeded to a personal interview that lasted less than 5mins.

Hoping to hear back from them soon

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by eyedd: 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
House, I got this condition requirement for my admission at Salford University

receipt of a personal statement, please use this as a guide:
http:///y76ub6hm and receipt of a copy of
your passport which must be in date for the first day of
teaching and payment of a 4,400 GBP study deposit, or
provision of a satisfactory financial guarantee or
sponsorship letter; Please upload requested documents to
the Applicant Portal

Whereas, I've submitted a personal statement when applying ( shows pending review )

I'm not clear on the other part which says "receipt of a copy of
teaching"

Anyone else had this kind of decision letter before?

I need help with how best to go about this.

PS - This is my first ever "conditional offer" I've received from all the schools I've applied to, and they're obviously my first choice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by akanniade10(m): 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2021
hosey:

Probably because you are sleepy.

Check the image well with your eyes and not your mind

Lol lipsrsealed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mrLj(m): 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2021
2nex:
please, for those that got admitted at university of Salford, does it mean that instead of paying the deposit one can provide a satisfactory financial statement guarantee for CAS to be issued? also, how long does it take for them to issue CAS. how is the living expenses in Manchester?

you are required to pay a deposit of £4,400.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by wolewole200(m): 11:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
samoji84:

Hi Wole,
Trust you are good?

Please now long can a TB test result last if done by the applicant ahead of visa application, does it expire?

Can TB text be done two months before visa application submission?

TB test is valid for 6 months. So for September intakes, anytime from now is okay.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 12:00am On Apr 17, 2021
eyedd:

the Applicant Portal

Whereas, I've submitted a personal statement when applying ( shows pending review )

teaching"

PS - This is my first ever "conditional offer" I've received from all the schools I've applied to, and they're obviously my first choice.

I applied to salford too and had almost same issue u having now, re write your personal statement using that link and resend your passport data page back to them, after that send them a follow up mail or request for a call back to let them know.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 12:23am On Apr 17, 2021
eyedd:

the Applicant Portal

teaching
"

Means that your passport must not have expired by the date your course starts.
In other words, if your course starts on 14 September 2021, any passport you are going to upload now must have an expiry date after 14 September 2021.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Manlikejaiye: 12:34am On Apr 17, 2021
Please, who is at Northumbria? I need info on how long it takes for them to issue CAS.

Also, senior gurus, is a fixed deposit account good enough for proof of funds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cutieb(f): 12:35am On Apr 17, 2021
olaness:
VISA ALERT
Family of four
September intake - University of Bradford

Application - 29th march
Biometrics - 1st April Standard, Self upload. (omited birth cert for one of the kids. But was able to add this at the VAC. Paid for assisted service for the kid)
Passport collection mail - 14 April
DHL delivery - 15 April
Visa was actually granted - 9th April.

University requested my hubby's TB certificate, account statement and conducted a zoom interview.

Documents submitted:

Student -
Passport, Degree, Waec, Marriage, TB certificates, Account statement, old passport with visa.

I thank all who answered my questions especially Justwise and Cutieb.

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by eyedd: 1:23am On Apr 17, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Means that your passport must not have expired by the date your course starts.
In other words, if your course starts on 14 September 2021, any passport you are going to upload now must have an expiry date after 14 September 2021.

You’re right. My passport expires 5th September.

Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by eyedd: 1:24am On Apr 17, 2021
ugomnaanny:
I applied to salford too and had almost same issue u having now, re write your personal statement using that link and resend your passport data page back to them, after that send them a follow up mail or request for a call back to let them know.

Thank you. I’ll do that right away.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Adexcube007: 3:02am On Apr 17, 2021
Thank you so much for your response.

justwise:

You need to get legal custody of the baby and a consent letter from the dad.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kaffy055: 5:13am On Apr 17, 2021
Hello to the gurus in the house.pls this is urgent.i just received a conditional offer from shielfied hallam stating .i have to present an ielts test result before my offer can be accepted. Initially when applying i already submitted letter of English proficiency from my school. I even added my MBA result thou in 2010. So I dont know why they are still requesting for an ielts result. The offer letter will expire by June 1 and the next availaby ielts exam date is May 8. Please your advice is needed. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mamachi09: 6:35am On Apr 17, 2021
Good day Guru's, can someone use POF from microfinance bank for UK Visa.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olaness: 6:58am On Apr 17, 2021
kaffy055:
Hello to the gurus in the house.pls this is urgent.i just received a conditional offer from shielfied hallam stating .i have to present an ielts test result before my offer can be accepted. Initially when applying i already submitted letter of English proficiency from my school. I even added my MBA result thou in 2010. So I dont know why they are still requesting for an ielts result. The offer letter will expire by June 1 and the next availaby ielts exam date is May 8. Please your advice is needed. Thanks

why don't you write them stating the English proficiency and that you have already submitted, attaching it again and enquiring whether the IELTS is still necessary as you have the other. Ensure you compose your English very well.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sharietayo(f): 7:28am On Apr 17, 2021
yes, you need to have an account with them and have more than enough money in your account for extra deductions.

hapiaka:

I do not presently have an account with UBA and I intend to use them for my deposit, do I need to open an account with them before I can do such?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sharietayo(f): 7:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Being a Nigerian, your English proficiency test result is your WAEC or NECO result having at least a C6 in English Language. That is the alternative for IELTS result. Note that the has to be the original WAEC certificate.

kaffy055:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by shanga(m): 7:38am On Apr 17, 2021
Good morning Guys,I just observe something now ,the address with the school and the address on the new bank account for the deposit I opened solely for the purpose of 28 to 31 days requirement are different,i relocated to a new place and used the new utility bill to open the new account,please what do you advise I do if it will be a problem .thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nnefab: 7:39am On Apr 17, 2021
Hello everyone,
I want to ask if it's mandatory to make payment before booking an appointment for a TB test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Kenny1111111: 7:56am On Apr 17, 2021
Nnefab:
Hello everyone,
I want to ask if it's mandatory to make payment before booking an appointment for a TB test?

No, it’s not. You can go ahead with the booking and make payment a week to your appointment day.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by awumen: 7:57am On Apr 17, 2021
is mandatory quarantine still on for new arrivals into the U.K(Scotland), specific.

gurus, please assist
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nnefab: 8:12am On Apr 17, 2021
Kenny1111111:

No, it’s not. You can go ahead with the booking and make payment a week to your appointment day.
Thank you, already did that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sammyoo: 8:28am On Apr 17, 2021
Oh! Thanks, I would do that.

AAO7:

Call them, they’ll help you book via email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sammyoo: 8:31am On Apr 17, 2021
Thanks, how do I check the available dates?
Can you share the link you used pls.

wolewole200:

You can call or check the dates. It could also be network. I just made my booking two days ago for May. All days in June have been booked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hasniemohaz: 8:31am On Apr 17, 2021
My good people please I need your advice.
I got an offer in Teesside, to get CAS I must show POF, is it with my dependants POF or mine only? cos they are going with me. Can I apply for visa with them at the same time while I'm using super priority and they will be using normal standard? Please kindly advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 8:48am On Apr 17, 2021
Hello all,
Please I need clarity on dependent visa cost for ihs purpose. Not there yet , but for budgetary purpose.
Do I still have to pay the same amount as the principal applicant even if my dependents will be coming in much later. Let's say 3-4 months after I am in the Uk.. does their own reduced duration reduce IHS cost? Or it's a flat rate for both principal and dependents regardless of period of entry of each parties?

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.