Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1309448 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 6:15pm On May 27, 2021
Samopex05:
This may not carry much weight but if we want to print out our bank statement, try to carry out a transaction the previous day even if it’s just ₦100 recharge airtime.

That is, If you want to print your statement on Thursday, carry out a transaction on Wednesday.

My 2cents

Totally unnecessary.
No need for any transaction on an account, just run it for the 28 days with the amount required.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Upforsex: 6:20pm On May 27, 2021
Toyinfabs:

Yes you can work and study. Perhaps it could work if you can get a school like Hull University where you pay less than 8k pounds for school fees. Or maybe even try to get a scholarship. But without scholarship you will still need to raise some more money to add to the 5m for your visa application, IHS and Flight ticket.

If you have that and you are single , I think you can make it work. You could live in a shared apartment and the money you make from working 20 hours weekly should be okay to pay rent and feed you.

With the current exchange rate, 8k pounds is almost 5m. That’s for tuition alone.
Seems 5m can’t do it.
What do you think about the scholarship? Anyone I can apply for presently? Why I haven’t thought about scholarships is the time it takes to go through. I might be wrong though as I haven’t applied before
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by rabola1(f): 6:26pm On May 27, 2021
Please I need a date in June for tb test (family of 4). I have a slot for Aug 4, please kindly DM me for the swap, please � �

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 6:28pm On May 27, 2021
Josh121:

Why this ?

It’s just an advice that I got and it’s been confirmed here as totally unnecessary. It’s wat I would do anyway.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 6:37pm On May 27, 2021
It’s just an advice that I got and it’s been confirmed here as totally unnecessary. It’s wat I would do anyway.

You are very Correct, you either credit N500 or N1,000 a day to give you your final balance, that's what I did for my daughter, and adviced by the University agent.

Think about it

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jballz: 6:47pm On May 27, 2021
angelss813:

You are very Correct, you either credit N500 or N1,000 a day to give you your final balance, that's what I did for my daughter, and adviced by the University agent.

Think about it

Do you mean a day before too or every day during the 28 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by morinto: 6:56pm On May 27, 2021
I got conditional admission into derby, Coventry and Aberystwyth for now because more admission are still comming. Have done research about the three university and I decided to rule out Coventry university because the conditional stuff is too long. I prefer derby because of the free bus transport for student in the city but the problem is I have send them all the documents there ask for to make my admission unconditional but have not gotten reply. Am thinking of sending my documents to Aberystwyth university not to put my egg in one basket but Aberystwyth is in wales and people keep telling me that england is far better than wales. People in wales pls tell me how good is that place?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hapiaka: 7:19pm On May 27, 2021
Good evening house, i applied for my CAS today with the required document... but my benchmark was 550 but the exchange rate is above that since 2 weeks ago..i told the school i will be applying with my wife before but during my pre CAS interview i already discussed my option with them that my wife passport is not ready, hence i might be applying alone because the money in the POF might not be sufficient due to exchange fluctuation.
so today the school replied that the bank statement does not meet the requirements. The amount in the 28 day period cannot fall below the required amount of £29,212. With reference to Oanda currency convertor the lowest amount on the statement 16,089,950 NGN is today equivalent to £27,571.
i was then asked the following
Are you able to make an additional payment towards your tuition fees? Or do you have another bank statement that you could use in addition to the one you submitted? The dates on the statements would need to be the same.

i have replied the mail that i will be applying alone for now that my wife will be applying at a later date as her passport is not available yet.
but my worry is that this was not included in the options.
Any advice because i do not have plan to pay for another deposit now as it will affect my applications.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by NkemJesus: 7:26pm On May 27, 2021
Good day all please I need your advice. My school for master program is £7,500pounds for first year and I have paid in full the school has acknowledge my payment, now am about to fund my account with #7,000,000naira for POF will that be enough to convince the VO? because am going to live outside London city.

What documents should my sponsor provide because my husband is my sponsor.
I read that Heath surcharge is £470 ie for two years is £940, kindly clarify me this information to avoid mistakes pls.

My good people help your sister out to enable my dream come through.
All the guru in the house kindly help me out to make my application a success. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by morinto: 7:45pm On May 27, 2021
[quote author=Finegirl01 post=102087966]Pls I need universities that accepts maximum 2k as initial deposit..

Should I aim for courses with 2yrs or 1yr? What's d advantage?[/quuote]
Aberystwyth there offer 2k as initial deposit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by thisischarles: 7:50pm On May 27, 2021
You can book, however on the day of the test it is compulsory to write down your Uk address and postcode ( which should be that of the University or University Accommodation) and it will be printed on the certificate.

ariyike23:
Is it true that you can’t book TB test until you are sure of university you are attending ? Do they put the name of the university on the TB test ? To avoid the rush, my sister booked her TB test for nextweek but she’s not decided on the university she wants to accept their offer kos she’s waiting for the last uni to respond to her admission application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by thisischarles: 7:52pm On May 27, 2021
IHS cant be 940 for 2 years, its 1yr - 470+235 = £705
18months - 470+ 470/2 + 235 = £940
2yrs - 470*2 +235 = £1175

NkemJesus:
Good day all please I need your advice. My school for master program is £7,500pounds for first year and I have paid in full the school has acknowledge my payment, now am about to fund my account with #7,000,000naira for POF will that be enough to convince the VO? because am going to live outside London city.

What documents should my sponsor provide because my husband is my sponsor.
I read that Heath surcharge is £470 ie for two years is £940, kindly clarify me this information to avoid mistakes pls.

My good people help your sister out to enable my dream come through.
All the guru in the house kindly help me out to make my application a success. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jballz: 7:57pm On May 27, 2021
It can if the duration of her studies is 20 months which I think is the case.

thisischarles:
IHS cant be 940, its either 1yr - 470+235 = £705
18months - 470+ 470/2 + 235 = £940
2yrs - 470*2 +235 = £1175

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Olubs80: 8:16pm On May 27, 2021
I have an offer. I've just sent you an email. Let's connect.

otunbanimi:
Hello people!

Is there anyone currently undergoing a study at Ulster University in Northern Ireland here? Or holding an offer to study?

Let’s connect abeg
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ariyike23(f): 8:28pm On May 27, 2021
thisischarles:
You can book, however on the day of the test it is compulsory to write down your Uk address and postcode ( which should be that of the University or University Accommodation) and it will be printed on the certificate.

There is a UK address ; the place where she is I’ll be staying which is with our aunt .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BigDickhead1: 8:33pm On May 27, 2021
angelss813:

Think about it

So how did the 1000 naira made a difference?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lyndaa22: 8:50pm On May 27, 2021
Beninboy01:
VISA ALERT VISA ALERT !!!!!!!

September intake.... Staffordshire University

What God cannot do cannot exist...

17th Nov 2020 I received my condition offer

7th Dec 2020, i received my unconditional offer after submitting the required documents and passing my credibility interview

14th April 2021 CAS was issued..

15th April 2021 i did my TB test.

Standard VISA application..

29th of April Biometrics

The waiting began, I won't even lie, it wasn't easy, checking my mail every now and then..

18th May 2021 I received two collection mail. I was in Benin, i had to run to Lagos today 19th May, i got to Lagos before 12pm then i dashed to Ikeja to collect it.

When i got home, i nervously opened it, there my VISA was smiling at me.....

I can't fail to appreciate some people here, you all were really helpful...

I did everything myself from admission to Visa application (self service)

Congratulations on your Visa...

Please I also got unconditional letter to University of Staffordshire and I have booked a date for the skype interview. Please what are the other requested documents you sent, they where not specific on what I should send on my letter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fk1987: 8:57pm On May 27, 2021
hapiaka:
Good evening house, i applied for my CAS today with the required document... but my benchmark was 550 but the exchange rate is above that since 2 weeks ago..i told the school i will be applying with my wife before but during my pre CAS interview i already discussed my option with them that my wife passport is not ready, hence i might be applying alone because the money in the POF might not be sufficient due to exchange fluctuation.
so today the school replied that the bank statement does not meet the requirements. The amount in the 28 day period cannot fall below the required amount of £29,212. With reference to Oanda currency convertor the lowest amount on the statement 16,089,950 NGN is today equivalent to £27,571.
i was then asked the following
Are you able to make an additional payment towards your tuition fees? Or do you have another bank statement that you could use in addition to the one you submitted? The dates on the statements would need to be the same.

i have replied the mail that i will be applying alone for now that my wife will be applying at a later date as her passport is not available yet.
but my worry is that this was not included in the options.
Any advice because i do not have plan to pay for another deposit now as it will affect my applications.

Pls is it one year M. Sc program that you want to do or two years and how much part tuition fee did you pay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phatkings: 9:39pm On May 27, 2021
Those who are looking for slot
24-26th of August is available
That's medical
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Phatkings: 10:06pm On May 27, 2021
With the current rise in pounds e be like I go dump aston University for either Salford, Nottingham trent or man met cos guy 11 million plus for tuition damn
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 10:10pm On May 27, 2021
Those that have filled their form should answer na abeg;

Justwise LagosismyHome TheGuyFromHR olaness awumen FieryJoe Beninboy01

Question: do you know where you will be staying in the UK?

Answer: Yes

Question: Address of the place?

Answer: “university address” as advised by nairalanders

Question: will you be staying anywhere else in the uk?

Answer:

If I choose yes, it will tell me to enter an address which I don’t have yet.

If I choose no, it will take me to the next section of the visa application

The plan is to stay with my brother till I get my own place.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kingspaco: 10:10pm On May 27, 2021
morinto:
I got conditional admission into derby, Coventry and Aberystwyth for now because more admission are still comming. Have done research about the three university and I decided to rule out Coventry university because the conditional stuff is too long. I prefer derby because of the free bus transport for student in the city but the problem is I have send them all the documents there ask for to make my admission unconditional but have not gotten reply. Am thinking of sending my documents to Aberystwyth university not to put my egg in one basket but Aberystwyth is in wales and people keep telling me that england is far better than wales. People in wales pls tell me how good is that place?
Congratulations on your offers.
I'll advice you to call any University you send an email to and you don't get response within a week or at most two weeks. Most of these Universities are overwhelmed with too many applications and it is also possible for some of the staff not to be fully back to work, thereby leaving much work for only a few hands (just my opinion), so i think calling to speak to a member of staff directly as a way of hastening the process. You may want to try that. Goodluck!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sophiebby: 10:18pm On May 27, 2021
sophiebby:
Please is 5 mil okay for a year course ..bsc top up from application to school fees deposit ..to visa ..I plan to manage in students jobs for a year ..thanks

Please someone should answer ,if it will be okay to pay 60 percent of school fees with other things ..please can the students jobs sustain to pay the 40 percent in the Uk with a payment plan,it’s just me going there ..thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by eyedd: 10:39pm On May 27, 2021
Question regarding POF.

Can I still be using my account where I have my POF for my day-to-day transactions?

Of course, the amounts in excess of the actual POF.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Blanchefleur: 10:47pm On May 27, 2021
sophiebby:

Please someone should answer ,if it will be okay to pay 60 percent of school fees with other things ..please can the students jobs sustain to pay the 40 percent in the Uk with a payment plan,it’s just me going there ..thanks in advance

Yes it will, my estimated expenses for deposit, visa, IHS, TB and flight is around 4.2M
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Blanchefleur: 10:49pm On May 27, 2021
I dont get this, could you kindly rephrase.
eyedd:
Question regarding POF.

Can I still be using my account where I have my POF for my day-to-day transactions?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by eyedd: 10:55pm On May 27, 2021
Blanchefleur:

I dont get this, could you kindly rephrase.

Okay, I'm not sure how the POF works, is it that someone would monitor your account or within that 28 days you should have the POF amount or more available on your account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 11:04pm On May 27, 2021
eyedd:
Question regarding POF.

It’s your choice actually. You may or you may not.

My pof is counting at the moment and I am using my account for my normal day to day transaction. Used 650 to calculate and I’m making sure not to go below the figure.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BizBloke(m): 11:16pm On May 27, 2021
TobyTreasure:

Thanks for your reply.
I would like to know more about availability of jobs for students studying in other cities other than London.
Secondly, is there any university in London that their tuition fee is less than 10k pounds (just like University of Hull)?

No worries at all.
About jobs, what I can say is that there are available jobs in cities other than London such as Southampton (where you've got the Uni of Southampton) or Colchester (where you've got the prestigious University of Essex) but to give you a list is what I can't say; I'll leave that to the elders here.

With respect to your second question, I'm not sure, I'm not sure, hmm. What course are you looking at?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by morinto: 11:27pm On May 27, 2021
kingspaco:

Congratulations on your offers.
I'll advice you to call any University you send an email to and you don't get response within a week or at most two weeks. Most of these Universities are overwhelmed with too many applications and it is also possible for some of the staff not to be fully back to work, thereby leaving much work for only a few hands (just my opinion), so i think calling to speak to a member of staff directly has a way of hastening the process. You may want to try that. Goodluck!
Thank you. I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Adoreberry: 11:31pm On May 27, 2021
And I keep wondering why the guy didn’t wanna disclose the name of the school.
I stumbled on his post on Facebook where people were asking the name of the school but he never mentioned it.
Anyway, am not here to castigate him but having the name of the school could help others in making their decisions.
I wish him all the best...

Please what is the name of this school and which of the Bank's POF statement did you use, I hope the statement of account didn't confused them, Well, I will advise you continue online for now if you have the money, I still believe the embassy will review your decision with a positive outcome before the deadline. You have invested in that school already, moreover, your record with the UKVI is intact.

This is a lesson for us all, Sometimes it's good to plan, if you are going for January 2022 start your plans ahead and know the pro and cons of your schools and your decision, weigh your options, banks statement etc then apply to the embassy at the earliest to avoid stories that touch, see how priority visa was wrong, just within 5 days they had rush and gave a wrong decision. Perhaps it was another POF that was used just to nipped the deadline for priority service. Or the officer had exhausted himself causing a miscalculation, No chance for review. I still prefer this standard visa that gives 3 weeks to conclude rather than 5 days with refusal. It is well.[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TobyTreasure: 11:48pm On May 27, 2021
BizBloke:

No worries at all.
About jobs, what I can say is that there are available jobs in cities other than London such as Southampton (where you've got the Uni of Southampton) or Colchester (where you've got the prestigious University of Essex) but to give you a list is what I can't say; I'll leave that to the elders here.

With respect to your second question, I'm not sure, I'm not sure, hmm. What course are you looking at?

Thanks. I will look into the two universities you mentioned. I did Education Chemistry in my first degree. So any related course would do for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.