Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1310175 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oluwatosin2000(m): 6:06am On May 27, 2021
Good morning everyone, please are there student jobs in Sheffield? For Sheffield Hallam university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ogemamadiva: 6:24am On May 27, 2021
Thank you very much for your response.
The initial mail I responded asked that I should explain to the reason why I have had study gaps. I did the explanation in full . Then,they responded with the above stated.
That got me confused.

May I please show you my response to that?

May I dm you with the response.

Thanks.

mattfeuter:

They are basically asking you to explain your “study gap” and how the course will be benefit you.

If I were you, after explaining my gap, I’ll add the short/long term benefit of your chosen course to your career as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by khayouhz: 6:40am On May 27, 2021
Good morning everyone,pls I want to ask how life is in Leicester in terms of jobs for students and accommodation since it’s in the midlands. I’m just about to pay my deposit of 5k today. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PurpleDN: 7:07am On May 27, 2021
PurpleDN:
Good Morning, please when filling the visa application, the visa type is it ‘tier 4 (general student visa) Or Student?

Please which is appropriate. Thank you.

Can someone respond please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lyndaa22: 7:17am On May 27, 2021
Dubyz:
Does anyone know any school that still accept applications for September 2021 intake. Most schools I checked online has stopped accepting application.
1) Bolton
2) Greenwich
3) Chester
4) Derby
5) Sunderland
6) Coventry
7) Staffordshire
cool Teesside

You can try this, all this where opened as at last week, you can check now most of them has deadlines of June 1st.
I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 7:55am On May 27, 2021
PurpleDN:
Good Morning, please when filling the visa application, the visa type is it ‘tier 4 (general student visa) Or Student?

Please which is appropriate. Thank you.

This one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Beninboy01: 7:56am On May 27, 2021
You can book for biometrics immediately, you will check for available spaces just like how you check for space during the TB test registration..

You don't have to wait till June first to start application for September intake, if you have all your documents you can start the process now so that you can beat the traffic period of visa application for September intake which is usually July/August/September...

I am for September session but i applied in April ..

Good luck

gboye2:

Congratulations. I have a question around this. How long after submitting the application does biometrics take place. Will i be invited by the processing centre or do i book a date for it? I have my CAS statement and am only just trying to sort out my POF. I'm looking to start my count from june 1. Given my course starts in september, if it will take a while to get biometrics done after submitting applications for my wife and i, then i'm thinking paying for priority service is the way to go since the 3 week waiting period starts after biometrics. Does anyone have pointers on this?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Deering1008: 8:21am On May 27, 2021
@justwise @gurushere kindly help me look at this logically; is it advisable I pay for priority during visa application next week considering the fact that resumption is still September or should I go for the standard 15 working days processing period?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by canadaishome: 8:43am On May 27, 2021
canadaishome:
Guys please I need your opinion

If my name is Peter Paul Okoro in my bank statement and my international passport has Peter Okoro, is it a problem?

Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Panacea278: 9:06am On May 27, 2021
Deering1008:
@justwise @gurushere kindly help me look at this logically; is it advisable I pay for priority during visa application next week considering the fact that resumption is still September or should I go for the standard 15 working days processing period?
standard is still good at this period as you still have alot of time. So save ur self the cost that comes with priority.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:19am On May 27, 2021
Deering1008:

That will be a waste of money .... apply standard and save that money to use when you get to UK

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Seunsoul2015: 9:30am On May 27, 2021
Hello, Please I need somebody in. UK ,studying an undergraduate program,Please I need help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by governoragweven: 9:50am On May 27, 2021
scobyy2007:

I would advice that you book via phone call. it worked for some people.

Please how did you collect it, did they send you a text message for collection or you just went to thier office to collect it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TobyTreasure: 10:03am On May 27, 2021
BizBloke:

#4: this isn't a problem/challenge. You need to inform them you were taught in English (see post above).

#5: Yes. But the sooner, the better because of your visa application.

The admission decision timeline below is an estimate (especially if you're applying by June/July or thereabouts) and could vary depending on workload but...Bournemouth University should get back to you with an admission decision within a month; Sheffield Hallam, 2 weeks and a couple of days maybe; Middlesex, not sure.

Thanks for your reply.
I would like to know more about availability of jobs for students studying in other cities other than London.
Secondly, is there any university in London that their tuition fee is less than 10k pounds (just like University of Hull)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Classicnkem: 10:24am On May 27, 2021
justwise:

Go ahead and submit that to your school, until you do that you wouldn't know if they will accept it or not and if they do then you have to submit the same document during your visa application

Alright thank you very much.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 10:42am On May 27, 2021
Beninboy01:
You can book for biometrics immediately, you will check for available spaces just like how you check for space during the TB test registration..

You don't have to wait till June first to start application for September intake, if you have all your documents you can start the process now so that you can beat the traffic period of visa application for September intake which is usually July/August/September...

I am for September session but i applied in April ..

Good luck

Bro there is a confusing part when filling that visa form. When filling the accommodation part, if you fill the address of where you want to stay (temporarily), it will still ask if you want to live in another place again. And I don’t currently have the address cos it’s when I travel I will sort accommodation. How did you do it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 10:50am On May 27, 2021
Lagosismyhome and justwise, when filling the form. It asks if I have a family in the uk. Yes I have a brother and he has been using a British passport since 2015 but the options that came out which is confusing is “if he is a British citizen” or “if he is in the uk permanently”

Which is more appropriate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ariyike23(f): 10:50am On May 27, 2021
Is it true that you can’t book TB test until you are sure of university you are attending ? Do they put the name of the university on the TB test ? To avoid the rush, my sister booked her TB test for nextweek but she’s not decided on the university she wants to accept their offer kos she’s waiting for the last uni to respond to her admission application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:57am On May 27, 2021
Samopex05:
Lagosismyhome and justwise, when filling the form. It asks if I have a family in the uk. Yes I have a brother and he has been using a British passport since 2015 but the options that came out which is confusing is “if he is a British citizen” or “if he is in the uk permanently”

British Citizen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by gakintan: 11:00am On May 27, 2021
Please have they started issuing out passports and when did u capture

Danieldara011:
Update guys
My And daughter finally got their passports today .

On the TB test .
Can I just pay and we gate crash the testing ?
Or I need to book in advance

Cos I work and live in ogun state
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 11:02am On May 27, 2021
Samopex05:

British citizen.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 11:06am On May 27, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

British citizen.

LagosismyHome:

British

Thanks, I appreciate. Pls if you have information about the accommodation issue as well I don’t mind. I posted an enquiry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Beninboy01: 11:06am On May 27, 2021
I just put the school accommodation alone...

Samopex05:

Bro there is a confusing part when filling that visa form. When filling the accommodation part, if you fill the address of where you want to stay (temporarily), it will still ask if you want to live in another place again. And I don’t currently have the address cos it’s when I travel I will sort accommodation. How did you do it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by gakintan: 11:07am On May 27, 2021
Just do a research and write a detailed SOP

mattfeuter:

They are basically asking you to explain your “study gap” and how the course will be benefit you.

If I were you, after explaining my gap, I’ll add the short/long term benefit of your chosen course to your career as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Samopex05: 11:13am On May 27, 2021
Beninboy01:
I just put the school accommodation alone...

Okay cool. So after putting the school address for accommodation, the next question that popped up was “will you be stayin anywhere else in the uk?”

If I choose yes, it will tell me to enter an address.

If I choose no, it will take me to the next stage.

So is it appropriate to choose no? Knowing fully well that it’s when I get to the uk that I will sort my accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Brimmie(m): 11:16am On May 27, 2021
daholiest:
Congratulations
send me a mail am for September intake as well

Check your mail bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by davidodaudu(m): 11:18am On May 27, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Please, I need advise on this issue. I am currently in a dilemma.
I got admission in the UK for February, 2021 intake. I made a deposit of 4,000 pounds towards my tuition fee and started studying online while I waited for my visa. I submitted my priority visa application in feb. Unfortunately, 5days later I was denied visa. The reason for the denial was that the bank statement submitted was for 20days instead of 28days. This was an obvious error from the UKVI because the statement I submitted was for 30days, from 9/1/2021 to 9/2/2021. I emailed the school about the denial and I was advised to apply for an administrative review. Which I did on the 24th of feb. Its been 3 months since I applied for the AR and its still not out. I am done with my first semester, recently the university emailed me to pay the balance of my tuition fee (8000) or I will be reported to immigration. ( I am sure the finance dept. think I am in the UK already). My dilemma now is, payment of the balance of my tuition fee shouldn't be a problem. But I want to avoid a situation where if the AR is not approved I will not loose my money, and guarantee that the school will reissue me another CAS to reapply. Since I was not denied based on credibility but from an error from the embassy. Also the main aim of schooling in the UK is to qualify for the PGWP and for those who started study in January, 2021 I am told that we are expected to be in the UK by September. What happens if the AR delay hinders me from being in the UK before September? I also want to avoid a scenario where I will finish my study online from my home country and the embassy might not see the need to issue me visa.
So I emailed the school asking that they delay the payment until the outcome of the AR or I defer the admission and continue from 2nd semester in September ( There is a second semester batch in September for my course).
The school replied my mail telling me that I have 3 options:
1. Defer till next intake hoping that the AR would be out by then. What this means is new fess to be paid.
2. Withdraw- Stop studies and don't pay fees but the risk is that if UKVI contacts us, student no longer studying with us so automatic refusal.
3.Continue studying online and pay fees till decision is out and student can fly into the UK.
From my understanding of the mail, the university wants me to start all over again in the net intake and pay a new fee or continue studying online and take my chance with the AR. option two is not an option for me.
How do I go about this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 11:26am On May 27, 2021
Deering1008:

Alternatively, you can still go on with priority. It has no effect on your application. Infact UKVI will gladly accept your money.

The only difference is, with priority, you’ll get a decision within 3-5 days and with standard, it’ll take around 15 working days.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mattfeuter(m): 11:38am On May 27, 2021
Seunsoul2015:
Hello, Please I need somebody in. UK ,studying an undergraduate program,Please I need help

Oga seun,

Why don’t you ask your question here?

It’s an anonymous forum you know! wink

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ndidibabe(f): 11:57am On May 27, 2021
davidodaudu:
Hello Everyone,

Please, I need advise on this issue. I am currently in a dilemma.
I got admission in the UK for February, 2021 intake. I made a deposit of 4,000 pounds towards my tuition fee and started studying online while I waited for my visa. I submitted my priority visa application in feb. Unfortunately, 5days later I was denied visa. The reason for the denial was that the bank statement submitted was for 20days instead of 28days. This was an obvious error from the UKVI because the statement I submitted was for 30days, from 9/1/2021 to 9/2/2021. I emailed the school about the denial and I was advised to apply for an administrative review. Which I did on the 24th of feb. Its been 3 months since I applied for the AR and its still not out. I am done with my first semester, recently the university emailed me to pay the balance of my tuition fee (8000) or I will be reported to immigration. ( I am sure the finance dept. think I am in the UK already). My dilemma now is, payment of the balance of my tuition fee shouldn't be a problem. But I want to avoid a situation where if the AR is not approved I will not loose my money, and guarantee that the school will reissue me another CAS to reapply. Since I was not denied based on credibility but from an error from the embassy. Also the main aim of schooling in the UK is to qualify for the PGWP and for those who started study in January, 2021 I am told that we are expected to be in the UK by September. What happens if the AR delay hinders me from being in the UK before September? I also want to avoid a scenario where I will finish my study online from my home country and the embassy might not see the need to issue me visa.
So I emailed the school asking that they delay the payment until the outcome of the AR or I defer the admission and continue from 2nd semester in September ( There is a second semester batch in September for my course).
The school replied my mail telling me that I have 3 options:
1. Defer till next intake hoping that the AR would be out by then. What this means is new fess to be paid.
2. Withdraw- Stop studies and don't pay fees but the risk is that if UKVI contacts us, student no longer studying with us so automatic refusal.
3.Continue studying online and pay fees till decision is out and student can fly into the UK.
From my understanding of the mail, the university wants me to start all over again in the net intake and pay a new fee or continue studying online and take my chance with the AR. option two is not an option for me.
How do I go about this?
Which School is this for Pete sake.? They should have considered a fund.

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.