Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1325411 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ekaita: 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hello House, Can anything be done if some dependants have received collection and decision mails while others have received only decision mails?All applications/biometrics were done on the same day using priority visa.Kindly advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Adear: 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hello everyone
Please who did biometrics at Ikeja on the 8th of December (standard) and haven't received decision mail?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nel11(m): 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ezriela:
Have u been using internet banking not USSD code ooo. If you have ,you are good to go. So many people have used this successful the truth is people didn't try it they assumed it won't go. It can only be delined they won't debit you.

I always use the bank application not USSD Lol.
Can you put me through.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemesee1: 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
Adear:
Hello everyone
Please who did biometrics at Ikeja on the 8th of December (standard) and haven't received decision mail?

I did biometrics at Ikeja on the 9th of December and just got decision mail this morning.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
I picked up 7 working days after. If I had wanted it the same day, I would have had to pay an extra £100.
Olufemichael:

So when did you get it, same day? And you just followed the instructions on the NigeriaHC website ba?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hazzaman: 4:19pm On Jan 11, 2021
Your WAEC result works and maybe if you’re able to get the proficiency letter from uni
Carzii:
Good morning everyone. Pls I want to ask a question as regards those who have gotten offers and presently in the university of Hertfordshire. I just got a conditional offer from them with one of the conditions being to submit an IELTS test score. Now my question is if those who have gotten into Hertfordshire from Nigeria submitted IELTS or if a letter from my uni showing proof of English language proficiency can suffice.
Pls I will appreciate ur input.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ritlala: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
i did on the 9th, i received today
Adear:
Hello everyone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
No I didn't mean that,online banking is 5m daily limit and used code is 200k I guessed. No special way to it,input ur details and u are good to go. Someone even shared his own experience too.
Nel11:

I always use the bank application not USSD Lol.
Can you put me through.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sleeklook: 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
I did mine on 8th of December standard, received decision mail on 5th January, but since den waiting for DHL delivery cus I pay for Courier service
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olimilove(m): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hello House,

I am thinking of relocating to the UK with my wife via a Tier 4 (work and study) visa. I will be the dependant.

Please from experience, what advice can be given on the best location to study/reside as I will be working to support the family while she is studying?

Because this location determines the availability of jobs and getting employment.

Although she will also do some menial jobs with the leftover of the 20hrs given to her.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by otunbamoteez: 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
We are in same position, decision mail received on 5th of January, biometrics was 10th of December. Have been waiting for collection mail nothing o. funny thing is a friend of mine that apply for tourist visa that we both did biometrics at ikeja on the 10th of december, collected his passport with visa on the 6th of january (both of us do standard o)

Sleeklook:
I did mine on 8th of December standard, received decision mail on 5th January, but since den waiting for DHL delivery cus I pay for Courier service

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Adear: 4:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
Okay. Thanks. Did mine on the 8th. I haven't received decision mail. I'm worried but I guess I just need to be patient.

Yemesee1:

I did biometrics at Ikeja on the 9th of December and just got decision mail this morning.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Adear: 4:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
Okay. Thanks. Mine is done on the 8th. Still waiting for decision mail.

ritlala:
i did on the 9th, i received today
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fakmurphy(m): 5:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
Provided that the grade comes from a reputable Uni. 2.1 from a Nigerian UNI is equivalent in the UK.

Blessings001:
Happy Monday everyone

Please what is a 2.1 (two one) 3.88 cgpa in Nigeria, equivalent to in uk?

Tnx for ur anticipated replies @ all/ everyone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 5:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
Good evening, I applied to university of Salford for January intake last yr but I got a mail that I applied late but will be considered for September 2021 intake , I just got an email now showing I hv been giving a conditional admission, pls is it advisable to pay fees now or wait?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
Deadline for Ulster was 30th Nov but I read good reviews abt the sch late WC I applied 10th dec,I didn't hear from them again. I assumed I applied late but today I got a mail to send my recent ppsort cos I applied with expired passport. To my surprise I got a conditional offer. My long epistle is most schools didn't meet their quota for Jan intake ,u can still meet up but ask questions before payment
ugomnaanny:
Good evening, I applied to university of Salford for January intake last yr but I got a mail that I applied late but will be considered for September 2021 intake , I just got an email now showing I hv been giving a conditional admission, pls is it advisable to pay fees now or wait?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ezriela:
Deadline for Ulster was 30th Nov but I read good reviews abt the sch late WC I applied 10th dec,I didn't hear from them again. I assumed I applied late but today I got a mail to send my recent ppsort cos I applied with expired passport. To my surprise I got a conditional offer. My long epistle is most schools didn't meet their quota for Jan intake ,u can still meet up but ask questions before payment
ok, but it was written on the letter that it is for September 2021 intake

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kod161: 6:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
Please I’m in need of accommodation in Huddersfield.
I would love a bedroom ensuite and other external stuff shared. Please kindly message me if interested
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by NomzyJust(m): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
prettyaska:
Someon kindly answer me, i tried tracking my visa application using the TLS tracking app and i got this message from them" sorry we dont have any application with this date". Have any one witnessed this?

Check if there is any space before and after your passport number. Use backspace to delete any spaces.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshy2004: 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
Good evening. My boy and I applied for visa. His is student visa while mine is visiting and is attached to his own because am just accompanying him to school. Although, it was different application and biometric dates. Mine was 15th Dec and his 14th Dec. I got my visa approved upto 2023. But my boy's own the main applicant is still pending why?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ezriela: 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
Mine is still Jan though
ugomnaanny:
ok, but it was written on the letter that it is for September 2021 intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by SeunOL: 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
Good evening
Please can anyone tell me how much priority is?
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
ugomnaanny:

You can't pay school fees when you haven't fulfilled the conditions stated on your offer letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FieryJoe: 7:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
AltCtrlDel:

Pls were you able to get any reduction on the fee? Also gunning for the same course.
Yet to get offer letter. Interview will determine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sleeklook: 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
Any one who did standard on 8th December at ikeja with collection mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by etare788(f): 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

If you are still in Nigeria, renew your passport there no matter how much it costs you, and get a 10 year one too.

DO NOT, repeat NOT come to the UK with a passport close to expiry with the hope of fellowshipping in Northumberland Avenue.

What if I already started the visa processing and my passport is to expire this year? What will I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Royalty63: 8:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hello all, is it possible for a school to decide not to issue CAS after successfully passing their interview, paying fees, and meeting their conditions? It has been over a week since I submitted for CAS and till now no news. I don’t know why Ulster Uni is being slow. I’m worried because resumption date is Jan 25th.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by slimdolyin(m): 8:45pm On Jan 11, 2021
My friend got his CAS less than 5days after he applied. Contact them maybe something is up

Royalty63:
Hello all, is it possible for a school to decide not to issue CAS after successfully passing their interview, paying fees, and meeting their conditions? It has been over a week since I submitted for CAS and till now no news. I don’t know why Ulster Uni is being slow. I’m worried because resumption date is Jan 25th.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Grace321: 9:03pm On Jan 11, 2021
£220

SeunOL:
Good evening
Please can anyone tell me how much priority is?
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Santa2: 11:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
Doodoo10:

I want to go for data Science/ data analysis. Just any course that would offer me the skill set. I am graduate of Petroleum Engineering from Futo.

Thank you.

There are lots of school offering masters in Data science/Analysis, but the fastest way to get the skill set is self study; you can register for online courses on udemy ($10-$13), edx, freecodecamp (I love this cos its very practice oriented and you will get to do projects and build your github profile and its free) etc. So while you do the masters, run one of these programs or more, also learn python or R.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Santa2: 11:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kemkem93:
Pls has anybody used Stanbic IBTC statement of account for proof of fund, I used it and have done biometric but lately their pattern of printing statement of account is making me scared as the bank name is not categorically written a above the statement only underneath each page. Although, categorically their logo, my name, my address, branch address, customer care contacts such as 0700 - CALL-STANBIC, Cutomercare@ stanbic.com, internet: www. stanbicibtc. com are all at the top of the statement While their full name is only written underneath each page. Am just scared as one of the requirements is that the POF must contain the bank name.

Used stanbic and got the visa, that's how their statement is, fret not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Coldie(m): 12:01am On Jan 12, 2021
olimilove:
Hello House,

I am thinking of relocating to the UK with my wife via a Tier 4 (work and study) visa. I will be the dependant.

Please from experience, what advice can be given on the best location to study/reside as I will be working to support the family while she is studying?

Because this location determines the availability of jobs and getting employment.

Although she will also do some menial jobs with the leftover of the 20hrs given to her.
Luton is ok.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (886)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.