Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1308436 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
U are paying the basic £348 visa fee in addition to £220 pounds for priority if u choose the latter.
Tynnah:

Amylew thanks or the response...but am curious, why is priority cheaper than standard?

Priority £220
Standard £348

Correct me if am wrong pls

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Amylew: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2021
Tynnah:

Amylew thanks or the response...but am curious, why is priority cheaper than standard?

Priority £220
Standard £348

Correct me if am wrong pls

It's not cheaper because you must pay for standard first. That is compulsory.
Priority is an added service paid only after you have paid for your standard visa application. Do you get.
So you pay 348 plus 220.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yemolu: 12:05pm On Jul 03, 2021
Abeg my people, how much cash in pounds (maximum) are we allowed to bring into the UK ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cousin85(m): 1:00pm On Jul 03, 2021
Please where you able to switch from TLS Ikeja to TLS V.I?

Angelswt:
£55
Amount debited in naira was N33,612.00

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Melahou(m): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
Angelswt:
There are still dates available for this month in TLS Victoria Island Lagos, you may want to consider that option.

Kindly note that it comes with a fee of £55.

Please when is one supposed to pick a date...before visa application or after visa application?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Onyiintel: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
okhueleigbe:

Wow congrats I am so happy hearing all this good news

God will do it for us all

I have gotten my CAS from Ulster about to apply for Visa

Hello
Did Ulster request for Statement of account before issuing CAS and also how long did it take before you got your CAS. Am Ulster applicant too.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
Atyadz:

Thank you so much for your responses.
Walk-in it is then!
For further clarification please, is it compulsory we pay for the walk-in/flexi online or we can pay at the tls venue? As payment online is being difficult right now.

Thank you

You will make payment with your ATM card at the centre.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by K4daniel: 1:38pm On Jul 03, 2021
Melahou:

Please when is one supposed to pick a date...before visa application or after visa application?

It's after you must have filled your visa applications,, paid the ihs and visa fee. It will take you to biometric and booking appointments. Then and then you select the available dates or walk in to choose a date. For now, Ikeja is a no go area..victoria island is a sure bet.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2021
After paying for your IHS and Visa application fee, you would be able to pick a TLS centre and a date for Biometrics.

Melahou:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelswt(f): 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2021
No. To the best of my knowledge, switching is not possible.
You choose a centre, then pick a date available in the centre you have chosen.

cousin85:
Please where you able to switch from TLS Ikeja to TLS V.I?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lhawboy(m): 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
Yetunde62:
Has anyone submitted POF to the University of West England and receive CAS. How long did it take?

Did you include your POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lhawboy(m): 2:16pm On Jul 03, 2021
Good afternoon. Please when is the deadline for issuance of CAS for UWE Bristol for September intake? I am yet to start my POF
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2021
That's your decision to make. If you feel comfy with it, it's your call.
Olumike09:
Thanks for the reply.
I asked the banker he said it doesn’t mean that they’d see that’s customer request..I’m just confused, that’s the condition I got from the person giving me the balance of POF.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2021
Sure.
Ahyaiya:

Hello mimi, please can I email you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tynnah: 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2021
GodnGold:
www.spareroom.com

Many thanks for this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by okhueleigbe: 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyiintel:

Hello
Did Ulster request for Statement of account before issuing CAS and also how long did it take before you got your CAS. Am Ulster applicant toho.

Yes they need POF and TB Cert.
I got mine in a week after submitting

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tynnah: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2021
Amylew:

£348+£220 . You pay both.

You pay the ihs and visa fees first.
Then after payment you go to tls and then pay for priority under ukvi services.
£220

Amylew my God will bless you

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Iyanu14: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2021
Iyanu14:
Good evening everyone
A friend of mine's usa visit visa was withdrawn at chicago port of entry 5years ago and was sent back on the available flight to Nigeria. Can this also be stated as visa refusal or not and will it not affect the chance of getting a uk student visa. Thank you
cc @justwise
cc @mimilyrics
Please help with this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by dejiru: 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2021
Please who used UBA to pay tuition deposit recently....at what rate was deducted?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mimilyrics: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2021
It's not a visa refusal but entry denial. The questions surrounding issued visas, travels and entry denials are quite clear on the form. You'd need to include the reason for this on your form though.
No one can say if it will affect or not affect your application as each application is evaluated on its merits.
Iyanu14:
Good evening everyone
A friend of mine's usa visit visa was withdrawn at chicago port of entry 5years ago and was sent back on the available flight to Nigeria. Can this also be stated as visa refusal or not and will it not affect the chance of getting a uk student visa. Thank you
cc @justwise
cc @mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tynnah: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2021
Brimmie:

No, You pay the two if you’re going for Priority.

Thanks Brimmie!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tynnah: 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2021
Yemolu:
U are paying the basic £348 visa fee in addition to £220 pounds for priority if u choose the latter.

Thanks Yemolu!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2021
1. The rate of visa payment date is used and not biometric capture date.

2. You've done very well. Perfect!!!

Simplicity0555:
Quick one guys... so I my submitted my application on the 21st of June. Will be doing my biometrics next week.

The total money I need for myself and dependant is £21,787.

Attached is an image of oanda on June 21st.

My questions are;

(1) Will the above date be used to calculate my funds or would it be the date I do my biometrics?

(2) Through out my 28days period, I made several transactions but maintained a minimum balance of ₦13.5m. I did self service and I have uploaded a bank statement of ₦13.5m as my balance. I have however used 500k out of the money in my account and i’m left with ₦13m. I plan to maintain this balance till my visa is out.

Hope my application won’t be affected because I submitted a balance of ₦13.5m and when they do their verification checks, they see a balance of ₦13m.

Mimilyrics Scobyy2007
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by jerryemwanta: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
ukapplicant:
Hi family, please is unemployment an issue when applying for student visa.
I'm skeptical about visa approval if i apply because I have been unemployed since January 2020.

Does UKVI do employment background checks?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by cdieli(m): 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
I need your input. I am thinking of paying for priority for myself and my dependent standard. Is it wise.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Mykaelolalekan: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2021
Hello NL, Has anyone been referred to do a sputum test for TB at IOM? Please how long does it take to get result and the TB certificate after the test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by L0rdRahl: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
Yemolu:
Abeg my people, how much cash in pounds (maximum) are we allowed to bring into the UK ?
£10,000 cash and above must be declared.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Iyanu14: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2021
mimilyrics:
It's not a visa refusal but entry denial. The questions surrounding issued visas, travels and entry denials are quite clear on the form. You'd need to include the reason for this on your form though.
No one can say if it will affect or not affect your application as each application is evaluated on its merits.
@mimilyrics Thank you
So that means stating no for visa refusal is still ok, but one needs to explain the entry denial.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by IAMSYLVIA: 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2021
thiagoteres:

The restriction is for working as a doctor in training.
The wife would have to write the medical exam to practice..
Plab 1&2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by GeneralFeezy(m): 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
Nmagna:
I am having same issue.. I have been calling and sending tones of emails

They eventually replied my mail and said my statement of purpose can't be accepted and also the campus I wished for is London however, they gave me glasgow. London was on their website, though.
Me I don port go another school ó. Make dem carry dem wàhálà commot from my front

Advice don't put all your eggs in one basket. Apply to more than one school. Anyone wey click

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by thiagoteres(m): 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
IAMSYLVIA:

The wife would have to write the medical exam to practice..
Plab 1&2
Of course!
I just answered from immigration perspective.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by daholiest(m): 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
Congratulations
Ykaa:
Visa alert!!!
Which of the Favours of my Lord can I deny? None whatsoever.

3 dependants
Submission - 11th June (Priority)
TB result delayed biometrics -22 June
Biometrics - 25th June *Ikeja
Collection email- 2nd July
Picked up - 2nd July

Visa approved.

Some personal observations wt the application.
The TLS contact app tracking app was not functional throughout.
The applications were better tracked via online. The online track status may be the most quickly updated for now. Online
"Application transferred to VAC" first observed around 11:30
"Application received by VAC" first observed around 14:42

Via email:
Application assessed and document ready for collection came in quick succession around 14:40.

Summary, it is better to track online than via email.

Thanks to everyone holding the forte by sacrificing valuable time to answer questions and guide others. Thanks.

Best wishes everyone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.