Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1315157 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pushy8: 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
Good evening,
Is anyone going to the university of Plymouth this September?
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by letty05: 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hello guys, pls I’d like to find out, can one change visa application from standard to priority, after completing the application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Redef: 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
Redef:

Thank you for your reply
Please if i want to do walk in must I select flexi appointment on tls website or it is is when i get to the tls center i can just go ahead for walk in and pay?

Please someone should help me respond so the application can be completed
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chpelu: 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
Pls I need urgent answer. If apply for visa with my Pof (the amount will only cover my tuition balance and maintenance only) after getting the my visa, I want to use my pof to apply for my two dependants the following week. I Does the pof requires dependants maintenance and also my own tuition balance and maintenance too. my own expenses is not required since I have gotten my visa and it's my dependants are the one applying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
funmido:

Good evening everyone
Kindly help

I applied to Uni Hull,
On the reference column- I entered my reference contact (name, position, Email details) as requested, cross checked and sent the application.

Pls note that there was no prompt to Upload my reference letter document

But upon checking the already sent application this eve,
It’s showing- Reference pending?

Kindly view and advice

@justwise @all the gurus

Thanks in advance

Tell your lecturer to check his or her email. They'd have mailed the person directly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 10:22pm On Jul 15, 2021
No, you have to use a dollar or pounds card
Maxicon:

Can the priority be paid in Naira?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by GeneralFeezy(m): 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
I am going to Teeside also. Can I email you?
jamesobedbaisel:
Any recent teesside CAS issued to anyone. I’m tired of waiting already
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by GeneralFeezy(m): 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Chpelu:
Pls I need urgent answer. If apply for visa with my Pof (the amount will only cover my tuition balance and maintenance only) after getting the my visa, I want to use my pof to apply for my two dependants the following week. I Does the pof requires dependants maintenance and also my own tuition balance and maintenance too. my own expenses is not required since I have gotten my visa and it's my dependants are the one applying.

Too much sense winor kee us. I have been reasoning this thing too.
Abeg make pelzon help answer this question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
You will still need to do a test in Nigeria before leaving and you are also required to book for a Covid test for the Day 2 and 8 after you arrive the UK.
For flights, its advised you use Virgin Atlantic or British airways to avoid transit Visas or going through red list countries.
Thedeewhy22:
Good evening people….

I have being reading about the COVID test kit, flight and also the amber list.

Pls my question is that
1) i don’t really understand about the day 2 and 8 test and because of that, i don’t need the COVID test in Nigeria before going?
2) is there a particular flight we have to go with as a student or because Nigeria is included in the amber list.

Pls I will be glad if this can be explained further. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Redef: 10:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
Preshyi:
No, you have to use a dollar or pounds card

Please Preshyi

Please if i want to do walk in must I select flexi appointment on tls website or it is is when i get to the tls center i can just go ahead for walk in and pay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by caleb00(m): 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2021
That’s so kind of you

Tessyope:
Hi everyone, I read some people are searching for jobs in the UK and I came across some news headlines that UK is now in shortage of labour especially unskilled labour, like farm work, truck driving and restaurants job etc and from what I know they are willing to pay.. So if you don't mind this type of jobs you can try them, I just thought I should share, thanks and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
Chpelu:

This does not make sense, you can not recycle that money.

Yes it does requires your dependants maintenance and also your own tuition balance and maintenance too.

What you are trying to do is exactly fraudulent and the rule for maintenance money is clearly stated

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
GeneralFeezy:

Too much sense winor kee us. I have been reasoning this thing too.
Abeg make pelzon help answer this question

There is actually no sense in this, this is an own goal

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yourfavourite: 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
I am a bit confused. My offer letter for Northumbria University is showing minimum deposit as 2k but my agent is saying 3k is the minimum deposit
TobyTreasure:

Try university of Greenwich 3k deposit
University of East London 7k deposit
Northumbria University but make that your reference is ready to reply their questionnaire. 2k deposit.
University of Sussex 2k deposit.

All the above schools responded to me within 2 weeks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2021
Babygal1990:
@justwise and gurus in the house pls come to my aid, I got me visa today and the entry date was 25 08 2020 and valid until 25 11 2020 instead of year 2021. I have sent UKVI a paid email and I’m waiting for there responses, should I take it back to TLS?

Contact the embassy immediately to get it corrected.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by GeneralFeezy(m): 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2021
Oracleforce:

I'm also expecting CAS from the school...and time is fast approaching...probably, super-priority will help...

Can I email you? I am Teeside bound
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Redef: 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2021
Redef:

Please Preshyi

Please someone should respond
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by caleb00(m): 10:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
Please I need advice on what to put in my visa application regarding where I’m going to stay. I haven’t secured anywhere yet what should I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by talkme(m): 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2021
caleb00:
Please I need advice on what to put in my visa application regarding where I’m going to stay. I haven’t secured anywhere yet what should I do?

Put the school address
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Crediblesolad: 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
Please I made payment for priority visa, I was debited but I didn’t receive payment confirmation email from tls, I had to re- book my appointment, the payment didn’t reflect on the new appointment mail, I was told to go to tls that the payment will reflect there, please i don’t know if anyone have experienced this before??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 11:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
No you don't need to select flexi cos flexi is for people that want to do their biometrics at odd hours, Unless you want to pay for that as well
You need to select an available self service or assisted service date and then pay for walk in on the day you wish to go for your appointment.
Redef:

Please Preshyi

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Melahou(m): 11:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Freshprince777:

Pls under what section on the mobile app can i see this?

You can't use mobile app to do the transfer.
Use internet banking and do your transfer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by GeneralFeezy(m): 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2021
esmeralda1:

Anybody, please how do pay for my IHS AND VISA FEE which are in dollars.
Do I need to get a dorm account b4 I can pay

Yes I guess so.... A domicillary account with domiciliary dollar card
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by GeneralFeezy(m): 11:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
Overthemoonman:
Good evening everyone... My post would be a bit long
To start with, I don't even have a passport because I never thought I could even have a chance to leave this country...Thank God recently I got in touch with my father's elder brother that lives in U.K, that I never knew before or even about his existence (my dad died when I was still in primary school). Thanks be to God, he has been helping my mum and I financially.

I am a graduate of Public Administration (2:1). He has tried to use his contact in Nigeria to get me a job but all to no avail. All these while, I never showed any interest of coming to UK (I don't want to be too forward)... So yesterday, we got talking, he asked me if I am interested in coming over, which I told him yes... So he told me, the easiest way to come in here legally is through school... So he suggested me coming for my M.sc

So my questions are these

How easy is it to get admission to a school over there
What course and university would you advise I apply
How am I to go about the admission application process (though he said something about September and January admission)
Generally, what do I need to know (I have gone through this thread but I am confused with so many things here..) I would be glad if someone can explain some things I just need to know...

Also, when it comes to payment, will he have to be sending the money to me or he will be the one to be doing it himself over there..

I have no idea how all these visa things work... I never believed I could ever have a chance to leave the country reason why I never bothered myself to research about these stuffs.

Thank you very much.

1) getting admission is very easy
2) No one can tell you which is best to suit you. It depends on personal factors. e.g finance (school fees/how to pay installmentally/ cost of living) , closeness to family/relative/friends, school ranking, course of choice, job opportunities openings e.g jan/Sept etc. So you'll decide for yourself which school satisfies all these.
3) apply through an agent (faster and easier but might attract extra costs) or directly to the school through their website.
To know the school, Google UK universities and carefully go through the courses each university offers. So you can make a long list and select the best
4) As for payment, he can pay on your behalf but you'll need money in your account ( balance of tution fees and maintenance fees)

I guess I've answered most part

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by GeneralFeezy(m): 12:13am On Jul 16, 2021
Thedeewhy22:
Good evening people….

I have being reading about the COVID test kit, flight and also the amber list.

Pls my question is that
1) i don’t really understand about the day 2 and 8 test and because of that, i don’t need the COVID test in Nigeria before going?
2) is there a particular flight we have to go with as a student or because Nigeria is included in the amber list.

Pls I will be glad if this can be explained further. Thanks

1) There are 3 COVID-19 screening you must do. For the first, you must have been tested negative for COVID-19 here in Nigeria at first.
Then when you arrive in UK, you'll be tested on 2nd and 8th day of your arrival
All these tests must have been booked and paid for before you fly outta the country

2) It's advisable you travel via direct flights or indirect flights that pass through amber countries ( e.g Air Maroc), otherwise you'll have done penny wise, pounds foolish because you'll spend 1800 pounds for isolation at an hotel

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Okrikarepublik: 12:18am On Jul 16, 2021
After application before submission yes...
After submission...No
letty05:
Hello guys, pls I’d like to find out, can one change visa application from standard to priority, after completing the application?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Redef: 12:52am On Jul 16, 2021
Preshyi:
No you don't need to select flexi cos flexi is for people that want to do their biometrics at odd hours, Unless you want to pay for that as well
You need to select an available self service or assisted service date and then pay for walk in on the day you wish to go for your appointment.

Thank you for your reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Justice2700: 1:29am On Jul 16, 2021
I am suppose to do my biometrics at TLS Abuja center today 16th of July, I just got a mail from them at 12am that the center will be closed. I travelled all the way here with my husband. So sad. Is anyone experiencing such or have experienced such. What can be done, there’s no available date till 30th of July on the page.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fk1987: 1:57am On Jul 16, 2021
Preshyi:

Please can be done in tls abj too or only at tls vi?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fk1987: 2:16am On Jul 16, 2021
Pls gurus in the house or those going to Newcastle campus Northumbria university , what's the process of getting cas from Northumbria university Newcastle campus, my wife has made tuition fee deposit and have uploaded the telex, have done tb test, have also uploaded it too, the bank statement will start running by tomorrow hopefully, must the 28 days proof of fund be submitted before cas would be issued?

Thanks for your anticipated response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.