Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1312417 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by olabode1e: 9:10am On Jul 17, 2021
Hi all, for anyone considering/going to Liverpool Hope University, they require both POF and TB test certificate before Issuing CAS. Just wanted to put this out here since almost no one talks about LHU. All the best to everyone, it shall end in praise!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by funmido(f): 9:17am On Jul 17, 2021
ifeoluwadamilol:
I ALL GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY

VISA ALART!
Date of application: 01/07/2021
Biometric: 12/07/2021
Collection mail: 14/07/2021
Pickup: 15/07/2021
Service: Priority
Centre: TLS Ikeja
Visa refusal: 1 US refusal, 2019 ( declared)
Uni: Hull
No interview

I sincerely want to appreciate everyone on this platform for your support & for sharing your experience with us. May God continue to bless you all.

For all that are awaiting visa alart, it shall end in praise in Jesus name.

Congrats!

Pls check your mail... thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by zube01(m): 9:21am On Jul 17, 2021
justwise:
[/b]

I will be happy to answer all your questions here

You to meet all financial requirements
OK. So since I can't meet the 50% offer. I also have an offer from Portsmouth same course. But higher deposit fee and higher tuition... do u think I should just take it? My only issue been after payment of initial deposit. Will I be asked to pay another deposit while been issued cas or later on as the program progresses ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by funmido(f): 9:23am On Jul 17, 2021
emmaze2000:

Don’t worry about it, that’s how it was for us too, a mail has been sent to your reference.

Thank you so much Emma.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oliviaxx(f): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2021
zube01:

OK. So since I can't meet the 50% offer. I also have an offer from Portsmouth same course. But higher deposit fee and higher tuition... do u think I should just take it? My only issue been after payment of initial deposit. Will I be asked to pay another deposit while been issued cas or later on as the program progresses ?
All these questions you’re asking are already stated on every school’s website. Use the search button or go to ‘tuition/fees’ in any school website you visit to get the info you need. The attached is from Portsmouth website

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 9:39am On Jul 17, 2021
I am going to Sheffield Hallam, I got my CAS 5 working days after the pre Cas interview and we are expected to pay 50% of fees before enrollment but I am not sure how much after enrollment
kemkemdiva:

Congratulations to you and hubby

Is it Sheffield hallam university or Sheffield university , coa i am applying for Sheffield hallam university!!! Want to know if their cas takes time and how much do i pay when you finish enrollment. For Sheffield hallam i mean !!! Pls amd applying for Sheffield hallam university and Brradford university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:44am On Jul 17, 2021
zube01:

After paying the deposit you will be issued a CAS to apply for visa, you need to show the remaining 50% plus maintenance money to be able to get a visa

Don't take any offer if you don't have the money to study in the UK, its a very expensive project to embark on.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Aminess1: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2021
walepepe21:
May God bless ALL my friends & Associates doing their UK VISA Application and keep them safe. May the Lord make his face to shine upon them and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift up his countenance upon them and give them peace of mind.

I seek for GRACE & MERCY upon their lives that May their yearnings and aspirations be fulfilled in this journey. AMEN!

Amén and Amén
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Olawale1993: 10:08am On Jul 17, 2021
I want to pay my IHS fee with a pounds card, please I would like to know how much is the IHS fee in pounds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JMK456: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2021
perisabc:
Including weekends

Okay. Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Olawale1993: 10:14am On Jul 17, 2021
@Justwise, please how much is IHS fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mohtunrahyor(f): 10:15am On Jul 17, 2021
Olawale1993:
I want to pay my IHS fee with a pounds card, please I would like to know how much is the IHS fee in pounds?
Your IHS fee depends on your course duration
The surcharge is £470 per year for students plus £235 for the extra 4-6 months granted in addition to the duration of your course
1yr - 470+235 = £705
18months - 470+ 470/2 + 235 = £940
2yrs - 470*2 +235 = £1175

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Holufunmee: 10:24am On Jul 17, 2021
You need to be sure you can meet the conditions of enrolment, check well to ascertain that you can. There are some schools that don't require 50% before enrolment, check for them, some need 25% and other parts of the fees are broken down into instalments. Whatever you do make sure you know how to settle school funds o.
zube01:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TobyTreasure: 10:45am On Jul 17, 2021
Ayorindejenny:
Good morning guys. Please, is it ok to submit a bank statement in my name and hubby for UK Visa.
We have one account in wife's name at first bank in naira currency.
We have another account in wife's name at first bank in dollar currency.
We have another account in hubby's name at access bank in naira currency.
Making a total of 3 accounts altogether, is it okay or can it cause a red flag and Visa denial. Thanks

Please check page 1 of this thread. I think you will see your answers there.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Justyno301: 10:46am On Jul 17, 2021
Dumebi213:

You really saved a lot them, do you plan to do your covid test in Lagos?
Yes I did..I am not sure yet...how many days before I flight time can I do COVID test? I need to know this so I can figure out when to book my flight to Abuja pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TobyTreasure: 10:53am On Jul 17, 2021
zube01:

After paying your deposit now, you won't pay any money until you get to UK during enrollment. Depending on the school, you will be asked to complete your payment to 50% of the tuition or 25%.

You can as well ask the school if they have payment options and choose the one that suits your pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JMK456: 10:56am On Jul 17, 2021
Thank you.

GeneralFeezy:

It is 28 days and not 28 working days.
So it includes weekends
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 11:12am On Jul 17, 2021
Justyno301:

Yes I did..I am not sure yet...how many days before I flight time can I do COVID test? I need to know this so I can figure out when to book my flight to Abuja pls
Depends but it's generally 72hr/48hrs before travel
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 11:19am On Jul 17, 2021
Someone can do the test in Lagos and travel from Abuja right?
Dumebi213:

Depends but it's generally 72hr/48hrs before travel
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by otunbanimi: 11:35am On Jul 17, 2021
Wow congratulations.

I noticed you got the collection mail two days after biometrics. Is it possible they must treated your application and just waiting for biometrics given you have applied since and just waiting for biometrics

ifeoluwadamilol:
I ALL GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY

VISA ALART!
Date of application: 01/07/2021
Biometric: 12/07/2021
Collection mail: 14/07/2021
Pickup: 15/07/2021
Service: Priority
Centre: TLS Ikeja
Visa refusal: 1 US refusal, 2019 ( declared)
Uni: Hull
No interview

I sincerely want to appreciate everyone on this platform for your support & for sharing your experience with us. May God continue to bless you all.

For all that are awaiting visa alart, it shall end in praise in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by segunotiti(m): 11:36am On Jul 17, 2021
The other 50% should be paid 6 months later.

Preshyi:
I am going to Sheffield Hallam, I got my CAS 5 working days after the pre Cas interview and we are expected to pay 50% of fees before enrollment but I am not sure how much after enrollment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by chinweze93(m): 11:50am On Jul 17, 2021
Please I just got an offer from the university of Hull and I have a couple of questions
1. for those who applied for ATAS, how long did it take for you to get your certificate
2. how long does it take to get the CAS from the University of Hull after paying the deposit and uploading the ATAS
3. I can't see any available date for the tuberculosis test, please what do I do about it?
thank you

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by joideviv(m): 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
Preshyi:

Tell me more about this Pre CAS interview because I am also applying there for January
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Olawale1993: 12:39pm On Jul 17, 2021
mohtunrahyor:

Your IHS fee depends on your course duration
The surcharge is £470 per year for students plus £235 for the extra 4-6 months granted in addition to the duration of your course
1yr - 470+235 = £705
18months - 470+ 470/2 + 235 = £940
2yrs - 470*2 +235 = £1175
thank you so much for this information

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ifeoluwadamilol: 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
I’m sorry for the error I made, I was too excited while typing that: Biometric:Monday, 12/07/2021,
Collection mail was on [b]Thursday 15/07/2021 while the pickup was Friday 16/07/2021.[/b]
It was actually faster than I expected, I give all the glory to God Almighty.
Everyone waiting to receive good news will surely celebrate their good news by God’s grace.

otunbanimi:
Wow congratulations.

I noticed you got the collection mail two days after biometrics. Is it possible they must treated your application and just waiting for biometrics given you have applied since and just waiting for biometrics

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ifeoluwadamilol: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2021
Thanks. Mail acknowledged.
funmido:

Congrats!

Pls check your mail... thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yinkaorry(f): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
I received a closer date for my TB test booking slated on the 23rd July. Initially when I booked online I got 9th September and immediately I sent my email with my full details and reference number and that of my dependants pleading to them for a closer date and I don’t live in Lagos. Few days ago I had to send someone to help me write my name manually at the Centre but could only get 25th of August, she told me the that the crowd was crazy. IOM responds to mails just go straight to the point in ur mail content and don’t bombard them with too much of mails,my opinion though.I got response from them after 9days. I intend traveling down next week to see if I could get a closer date but no need again as it has been sorted out.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yinkaorry(f): 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2021
Please tell me about the interview cos mine is next week Wednesday. How long did it last please.
Preshyi:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by graceodini: 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
Good afternoon all. Please who has recently flown Air Maroc to UK recently or you know anyone that flew them. Please share your experience as am asking for a friend. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tokenotp(m): 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2021
Good day Fam!

Please does anyone know if Sunderland University accepts POF/TB cert before issuing CAS? I only know you pay £3500 deposit, then pay full tuition balance of £8K before or on resumption date, no installments, which is okay by me, after £1K schorlarship is deducted. I'm going for Media/TV/Film production for my masters but not too many Universities offer the course in MA or have January intake, but Sunderland and Teesside have it for January 2022. However, I'm trying to skip universities that require POF before CAS, e.g; Teesside. Thanks fam.

cc@justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
Just study the Pre Cas preparation documents they sent but The summary is:
The number 1 question was my Student Id, please memorize that. Know all your course modules, why you choose Sheffield hallam Uni and what you know about Sheffield City, about accommodation- where you plan to stay, how much it cost and how far away it is from the Uni, whether you wanna work in the UK and why, what you presently do and how much you earn, why you choose your course and how it's related to your previous course of study, if you have dependants coming with you and what they plan to do in the uk, closest airport to Sheffield and how far it is to Sheffield, Organisations you plan to work for after completion of your studies. These are the much I can remember
yinkaorry:
Please tell me about the interview cos mine is next week Wednesday. How long did it last please.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tokenotp(m): 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2021
Preshyi:
Just study the Pre Cas preparation documents they sent but The summary is:
The number 1 question was my Student Id, please memorize that. Know all your course modules, why you choose Sheffield hallam Uni and what you know about Sheffield City, about accommodation- where you plan to stay, how much it cost and how far away it is from the Uni, whether you wanna work in the UK and why, what you presently do and how much you earn, why you choose your course and how it's related to your previous course of study, if you have dependants coming with you and what they plan to do in the uk, closest airport to Sheffield and how far it is to Sheffield, Organisations you plan to work for after completion of your studies. These are the much I can remember

Ahn ahn! Whataapun?!!! Nawa o. Question be like US Visa interview. It is well o.

Best hack: Know some of these things about your school off hand, while you write some on a paper. (If it's not a video interview) Practice them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.