Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1313309 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by missuzoma: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
mumzt:

No it wasn't.

The entry clearance officer even stamped us in with that instead of the study visa. So its still on the pasport. Just idle

Congratulations!! Is it true that officers at the port of entry are asking for bank statements to confirm that one is holding all the cash in the POF document?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by angelss813(f): 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
Thanks again. Like you stated, even the 2 mentioned are for September only. That exactly is my challenge.

I need several options for January. University of Chester is the only one for now.

Bravo!!

Social work is not like business programs, like other health programs, the selection process is little more stringent. Also. some schools already have prospective students on the waiting list from previous applications. So, apply to as many that you can the price is right.

You also have to check average rent if you intend staying outside school accommodation. The tuition may be affordable but rent isn't.

Try Kent (10,300) , Huddersfield. Yes, ALL SEPTEMBER.

Try Leeds Beckett University

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
paddedbabe:
Please I can't seem to get an early date at Abuja IOM for TB test and have sent them emails repeatedly but I'm still asked to go back to the website, what do you advice I do?

Go to their office
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DamIrene: 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2021
WOW. I tap into this testimony

GFelixNature:
Congratulations!!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by GFelixNature: 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
DamIrene:
WOW. I tap into this testimony

Visa Alert!!! Visa Alert!!! Visa Alert!!!
✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

What GOD cannot do does not exist!!!!!
Family of 2 (couple) - SHU

Biometrics: 8th of July.
Priority, Self-service.
Main applicant- Spouse Wife
Application Center: ABJ TLS center
Collection mail : 13th of July
Passport pick-up: 13th of July

Standard, Self-service.
Dependent - Spouse Husband
Application Center: ABJ TLS centre
Collection mail: 27th of July
Passport pick-up: 27th of July

NB: Please use priority if you can afford it. Also, it’s not advisable to do walk-in and standard, but do priority instead.

16 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by paddedbabe: 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
Thank you, I will be there tomorrow
ccurrie:

Go to their office
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by worldazzling: 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
fagbalex:

Thank you so much bro, pls what's the rate if exchange from naira to pound coz am planning to make my deposit to request for cas

Stanbic Today is 571.13
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by eyedd: 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
bunmiann:

Are you there now?
Can I please get your number?

Yes, I was there today, you can request to mail me. I'm not sure i can share number here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Yungy1990: 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
Angelswt:
Hi

For student visa application you don't need to submit that.
You would need to submit:
*Your mum's statement of account. (The money must have been held in the account for minimum 28 days)
*Consent letter from your mum
*Birth certificate (to show relationship between you and your mum)

P.S please check the first page of this thread for more information.

Thanks Man Jah bless✊�

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lma4real(m): 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
justwise:

I got no clue

What do i have to gain in selecting assisted service by paying 11k instead of self service option for tls...that is what i mean @ Oga justwise...I just want to whether the payment worth it or not....thx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yormieK(m): 1:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
Good day everyone, @all @justwise @bourne007 please how many year POF for a 3 year undergraduate course is needed for visa processing? 1st year or the 3 years? Thanks in advance. More so, anyone with update regarding CAS at GCU?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by FruitfulRay(f): 1:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
Visa Alert... It is my turn to testify.

This is to thank Almighty God, the contributors and creator of this forum, I learnt a lot in a short period.
My advise to anyone starting, take your time to read through, I started reading from part 5 and still jumped a lot, but got my answers. I learnt I needed to book for TB test, how to book etc.

My journey has been one of prayer, perseverance and determination. I applied to a lot of schools, some by myself, others through agents. I wanted to go for Nursing or Social works, but kept getting rejections. I however got accepted to study Social Works at Dundee, as I have a lot of voluntary experience and a PGD in Social works, but did not feel peace. I also got offers to some courses I did not have interest in. So after much prayer and meditation, I had the leading of the Holy spirit to go with Project Management, but somehow, i wanted to still go with Social works because of the availability of work. I had even firmly accepted Dundee, but had no inner peace, and asked God to take control. The Monday that I wanted to reject the other school offering me PM, i heard clearly not to do it.

Not long after, I got an email from Dundee telling me that they won't be able to accept my WAEC English as it was over 10years, hence need to write IELTS. At that very moment I knew it was God, and went with the University of Worcester.

The process was just smooth, but not without some fear, doubt and tiredness. I have even paid for an accommodation with the help of the agent (The agent is free, gets sorted out by the University). I applied myself, uploaded my documents and voila, got the confirmation mail yesterday.

Timeline

Applied... 9th July (Friday)
Biometric 12th July (Monday) Walk in and Standard (VI TLS office)
26th July... Collection mail
27th July... Picked up

Total days 14 days and 8 working days.

I received mine earlier than expected... What God cannot do, does not exist.

34 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Glink2018(m): 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2021
kayalade123:

Did they verify your POF and when did they send you a mail that it’s been verified?

My POF has been verified and confirmed...

my colleague that we started this UK processing together has gotten her visa.... Edinburgh Napier university gave her offer...
We did medical together but she got her CAS before me...daris God oh.

She didn't go through all the stress that Teesside University is making me pass through...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by canadasool: 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hello Guys,

I am new with this UK study permit thing but I am reading up. Please what's your advice on applying for MSc in Oxford Brooks University? The requirements are suitable for me but I need someone to give me more info about the city, school and all.

Please comment guys.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sayhi: 1:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
AmadeusCho:
Please who has requested bank statements from fidelity of recent. Because the one they printed has the statements over lapping the banks letter head at the bottom and they claim that’s how they have been printing for everyone
I will suggest you print from your app. It is signed and stamped even as a soft copy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chikadibia21: 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
Thanks, but Leeds Beckett is also for September starters and not open to those who require a student visa.

Try Leeds Beckett University[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tifaniaj: 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2021
FruitfulRay:

This is to thank Almighty God, the contributors and creator of this forum, I learnt a lot in a short period.
My advise to anyone starting, take your time to read through, I started reading from part 5 and still jumped a lot, but got my answers. I learnt I needed to book for TB test, how to book etc.

My journey has been one of prayer, perseverance and determination. I applied to a lot of schools, some by myself, others through agents. I wanted to go for Nursing or Social works, but kept getting rejections. I however got accepted to study Social Works at Dundee, as I have a lot of voluntary experience and a PGD in Social works, but did not feel peace. I also got offers to some courses I did not have interest in. So after much prayer and meditation, I had the leading of the Holy spirit to go with Project Management, but somehow, i wanted to still go with Social works because of the availability of work. I had even firmly accepted Dundee, but had no inner peace, and asked God to take control. The Monday that I wanted to reject the other school offering me PM, i heard clearly not to do it.

Not long after, I got an email from Dundee telling me that they won't be able to accept my WAEC English as it was over 10years, hence need to write IELTS. At that very moment I knew it was God, and went with the University of Worcester.

The process was just smooth, but not without some fear, doubt and tiredness. I have even paid for an accommodation with the help of the agent (The agent is free, gets sorted out by the University). I applied myself, uploaded my documents and voila, got the confirmation mail yesterday.

Timeline

27th July... Picked up

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tifaniaj: 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2021
GFelixNature:

✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

Priority, Self-service.

Standard, Self-service.

NB: Please use priority if you can afford it. Also, it’s not advisable to do walk-in and standard, but do priority instead.
Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sayhi: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
Please who have paid their tuition deposit through access or Fidelity Bank? How long did it take?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by prettytorlar(f): 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
Wow
Congratulations

FruitfulRay:

Timeline

27th July... Picked up

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
Repeating a model doesn't make a student miss out on PSW. Eligibility is as long as the course has been successfully completed

justwise:

You will struggle to juggle pregnancy and full time education, you are going to miss second semester and probably repeat a model..missing out on PSW as a result..think about your decision carefully.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kayalade123: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
Glink2018:

My POF has been verified and confirmed...

my colleague that we started this UK processing together has gotten her visa.... Edinburgh Napier university gave her offer...
We did medical together but she got her CAS before me...daris God oh.

She didn't go through all the stress that Teesside University is making me pass through...

Wow! This is serious
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by lonngmann(m): 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hello,
Please, I am having issues with booking TB test in Lagos.
I have done it online but had to cancel appointment because where I chose is Abuja.
But I cannot book again using the same email, because it brings an error message that I have booked an appointment for UK already ( which I have already cancelled)

I have tried using another email to book, but it is not going through too. I have mailed them, they have not replied, and their numbers is not going through too.

What can I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 2:04pm On Jul 27, 2021
I've met 2 mums who had babies while in school and successfully completed their courses. They had additional support (family members) so as to attend their classes. It can be really expensive if you do not have that kind of support.

I don't know about airlines but usually visa wouldn't be an issue

Mamabigboy:
Good morning house. I hope we are doing great.

@justwise and other gurus in the house, I need you to attend to this for me, please. I asked the question a few days ago, but I couldn't get the answer, hence my bringing it up again.

I am about to submit my application for Jan 2022 session to Salford University, however, I am in a dilemma whether to go ahead or not. The reason is that I am currently pregnant and will be due in January 2022. My concerns are:
1. Do I stand a chance of having my visa approved before November (all things being equal) to enable me to travel before I reach 36 weeks as most airlines don't allow pregnant mothers beyond 36/37weeks to board?
2. Being a new mum and attending schools, how does this work out for whoever has gone through this path before?

Please, ejoor o, kindly answer my naive question this time around.

God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2021
Fk1987:

No, student cum study is not settlement visa, so priority is still available for student visa..

It would even be absurd for priority service to not be available for students, this is the period at which it is needed the most.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ayo200(m): 2:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
Please what flight and how can someone book flight
From Lagos to Edinburgh.
This is my first time of booking flight. Please shed light.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ladyrich: 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
Good afternoon

Help a sister o
I got a mail on Friday that my document is ready for collection and I paid for dhl delivery but uptill now I have not gotten the documents and no mail for tracking it.
I went to check on track my application and it ready "passport have been collected by applicant".
Please who use courier service should enlighten me.
Does it takes days to deliver?
I am currently in asaba delta state and did my biometric in abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
Minus walk in, which other option is available to get a closer date

GFelixNature:

✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️

Priority, Self-service.

Standard, Self-service.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Babababy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
Vecharry:
Minus walk in, which other option is available to get a closer date

SUPER PRIORITY

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Preshyi: 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
Same thing happened to me, you cannot book another appointment online anymore cos your appointment is still active on their system. What you can do is keep to the Abuja appointment or go book manually in Lagos.
lonngmann:
Hello,
Please, I am having issues with booking TB test in Lagos.
I have done it online but had to cancel appointment because where I chose is Abuja.
But I cannot book again using the same email, because it brings an error message that I have booked an appointment for UK already ( which I have already cancelled)

I have tried using another email to book, but it is not going through too. I have mailed them, they have not replied, and their numbers is not going through too.

What can I do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.