Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301666 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chikadibia21: 11:06pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ok, thanks

Checkout Teesside University[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by OpemipoEsther(f): 11:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ladyrich:
[[color=#990000][/color]quote author=OpemipoEsther post=104114930]Visa Alert!
With thanks to God and the nice people of this platform, I wish to announce that I got my passport back a few minutes ago, with my student visa.

Visa Application Submission- 10th June, 2021
TB test- 12th July, 2021
Biometrics at TLS Ikeja- 14th July, 2021
Decision and Collection mail- 21st July, 2021
DHL delivery- 26th July, 2021

Thanks guys for all your help!
All the best to those waiting.

Congratulation
Please did you recieve any mail for the DHL delivery?
No, I didn’t

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chikadibia21: 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2021
Thanks for your response @fificole. However, I have done all this ooo...I practically sleep on google ☺ and have all the information I need

My main challenge is that most of the universities offering good deals in terms of tuition for Social Work do not have a Jan 2022 start date.

I had to send a mail to university of Wolverhampton and they confirmed it as well. I'm a 2.1 student, so no shaking at all. I just want very affordable tuition fees jare...

You would need to research the following the streamline your choices.

1. Which universities take international students for the program. Not all do
2. Entry requirements. Some accept only first class or 2.1 graduates.
3. Which will take graduates from ANY program. Your first degree does not matter
4. Which you can make direct applications to and those you have to go through UCAS. There is a fee for applying through UCAS.
5. Those that require you do both written and oral interviews or those that do only oral. Either way there is an interview as part of the admission process (Not CAS interview)

Narrow this then decide. Below is for Wolverhampton (2.1 required)

Location Mode Fee Year
Home/EU Full-time £3200 per year 2020-21
Home Full-time £3275 per year 2021-22
International Full-time £6675 per year 2020-21
International Full-time £6975 per year 2021-22

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by mscindee: 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2021
Thank you. To clarify, I was asking about the proof of English proficiency for the purpose of visa application and not school application.
Chikadibia21:
1. None needed. WAEC/ NECO would do

2. No. U can transfer funds from your company account to your personal account instead

Please go through the first page of this thread for basic info

Please still awaiting any response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fificole: 12:00am On Jul 27, 2021
Bravo!!

Social work is not like business programs, like other health programs, the selection process is little more stringent. Also. some schools already have prospective students on the waiting list from previous applications. So, apply to as many that you can the price is right.

You also have to check average rent if you intend staying outside school accommodation. The tuition may be affordable but rent isn't.

Try Kent (10,300) , Huddersfield. Yes, ALL SEPTEMBER.

Chikadibia21:
Thanks for your response @fificole. However, I have done all this ooo...I practically sleep on google ☺ and have all the information I need

My main challenge is that most of the universities offering good deals in terms of tuition for Social Work do not have a Jan 2022 start date.

I had to send a mail to university of Wolverhampton and they confirmed it as well. I'm a 2.1 student, so no shaking at all. I just want very affordable tuition fees jare...

3. Which will take graduates from ANY program. Your first degree does not matter
4. Which you can make direct applications to and those you have to go through UCAS. There is a fee for applying through UCAS.
5. Those that require you do both written and oral interviews or those that do only oral. Either way there is an interview as part of the admission process (Not CAS interview)

Location Mode Fee Year

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chikadibia21: 12:35am On Jul 27, 2021
Thanks again. Like you stated, even the 2 mentioned are for September only. That exactly is my challenge.

I need several options for January. University of Chester is the only one for now.

Bravo!!

Social work is not like business programs, like other health programs, the selection process is little more stringent. Also. some schools already have prospective students on the waiting list from previous applications. So, apply to as many that you can the price is right.

You also have to check average rent if you intend staying outside school accommodation. The tuition may be affordable but rent isn't.

Try Kent (10,300) , Huddersfield. Yes, ALL SEPTEMBER.

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by adebisilucy(f): 12:52am On Jul 27, 2021
naijatisumi:

Bleep that school ! Mine has been pending since last year. I had to tell my wife to apply for MSC instead since she finished from LASU...
oga o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by aduomayebe: 1:19am On Jul 27, 2021
abby2443:
Happy Sunday good people. Can someone advice me on using Royal Air Maroc to UK please? BA and VA are quite expensive at this time. Thanks and God bless.
fly with British air through Abuja. Abuja is half the price of the Lagos trip.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Iyafife: 2:35am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations bro, with the crowd at Ikeja, how were you able to maneuver yourself?

Josh121:
Visa Alert Visa Alert Visa Alert
I want to say a big thank you to everyone in this forum.
Family of 4
Timeline
Biometric 15th July (Walk-in ikeja)
Collection mail main applicant 22 July
Collection mail dependants 23 July
All passports picked up
Main applicant priority
Dependants standard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Haraj: 3:06am On Jul 27, 2021
Thank you all for all your contribution here. It's been really informative. I have a pressing issue and I really need advice here.
I am married and intend to go for my master in the UK and my wife also wants to go for her Bsc in Nursing. The following are my questions:
1. Do we have to separately apply for our students visa
2. Can she go with me as a dependant and just school there since dependants can either work or school
3. What are my chances of successful approver if she applies as a dependant as regards to my home ties since I intend to use that .
4. Should I go alone then she joins me after I have settled for some time.

NB: There's enough funds to carter for both of our schooling.
All inputs are needed. Will be here to answer more questions if need be. Thanks all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bolddy(m): 3:19am On Jul 27, 2021
Hello People

Please who can help with University of Northampton Interview tips for Social Work? I need help Please.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fk1987: 3:35am On Jul 27, 2021
naijatisumi:
Please house can someone verify this, someone just sent this to me.

*newsflash: no more priority service for visa*
That's for settlement visa.. visit, work or study application (‘non settlement’) priority are available for non settlement.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by naijatisumi: 3:39am On Jul 27, 2021
Fk1987:

That's for settlement visa.. visit, work or study application (‘non settlement’) priority are available for non settlement.

Sorry , so you meant no more priority for student visas also ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Ojasope1: 6:00am On Jul 27, 2021
ugomnaanny:
Pls who has rectify an error on a vignette recently?

I put a paid call through to the UKVI and I was instructed to return my passport to VAC which I did last week, I'm yet to hear from them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fk1987: 6:02am On Jul 27, 2021
naijatisumi:

Sorry , so you meant no more priority for student visas also ?
No, student cum study is not settlement visa, so priority is still available for student visa..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by keemo: 6:02am On Jul 27, 2021
@justwise and other gurus

Please can I use a resent marriage certificate of a month for my dependant though we already have a son and I also have a daughter from my previous relationship
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bunmiann: 6:22am On Jul 27, 2021
kunmikool:
The questions asked wasn't outside of the likely questions sent?

Make enough enquiry about other schools offering the course, their course modules, placement and have a valid reason for choosing Bradford also avoid talking about places you intend to visit while studying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ifeoluwadamilol: 6:39am On Jul 27, 2021
shegzy80:
Congratulation !!! Is it "Super Priority" or "Priority"

Good morning
It was priority, however there was a typographical error... collection mail was 15/07/2021 while pickup was 16/07/2021.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 6:52am On Jul 27, 2021
keemo:

Please can I use a resent marriage certificate of a month for my dependant though we already have a son and I also have a daughter from my previous relationship

Of course.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by IAMSYLVIA: 6:57am On Jul 27, 2021
Chikadibia21:

Location Mode Fee Year

Use this link to see some schools, then apply via the schools’ sites

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=Social%20work&studyYear=2021&destination=Postgraduate&postcodeDistanceSystem=imperial&startDates=01%2F2022&pageNumber=2&sort=ProviderAtoZ&clearingPreference=None

Seeing schools like
University of Northampton
Lincoln
Leeds etc

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by keemo: 7:01am On Jul 27, 2021
Thanks bro
TheGuyFromHR:

Of course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tessyope: 7:02am On Jul 27, 2021
Thanks so much sis.

It’s pretty late but you could try. I’d advise you focus your energy into Jan 2022, so you don’t rush and make mistakes. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 7:04am On Jul 27, 2021
Ojasope1:

I put a paid call through to the UKVI and I was instructed to return my passport to VAC which I did last week, I'm yet to hear from them.
same here o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Lily89: 7:06am On Jul 27, 2021
Is anyone here traveling to Plymouth? If yes, what airline are you flying with and what airport will you be stopping? Asking for my sister

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by humblemoi: 7:07am On Jul 27, 2021
Haraj:
Thank you all for all your contribution here. It's been really informative. I have a pressing issue and I really need advice here.
I am married and intend to go for my master in the UK and my wife also wants to go for her Bsc in Nursing. The following are my questions:
1. Do we have to separately apply for our students visa
2. Can she go with me as a dependant and just school there since dependants can either work or school
3. What are my chances of successful approver if she applies as a dependant as regards to my home ties since I intend to use that .
4. Should I go alone then she joins me after I have settled for some time.

NB: There's enough funds to carter for both of our schooling.
All inputs are needed. Will be here to answer more questions if need be. Thanks all

1. Yes - you can apply separately as long as you have the funds to cater for both fees. Bear in mind, an undergraduate student can't apply for dependants (if you have plans to switch in the future).
2. Yes - she can apply as your dependant and work/school while in the UK.
3. It doesn't matter as per ties, so long as you have the funds and can establish valid reasons you want your family close by.
4. Doesn't matter if you have the funds and can go together.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by nanoparticle: 7:09am On Jul 27, 2021
Go to access bank and tell Dem you want to you access bank africa to send money to the uk..dey will give you a form to dis effect.They charge 10dollars if you have an account andc12dollars if you don't. I think max 5000 dollars can be sent
ricdavies:

Please which bank can one use to send the funds under upkeep. I’ve been going round for some days since last week trying to do this. I was told about FCY but later on they said it can’t be used. Please tell me a bank that this method still applies to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 7:31am On Jul 27, 2021
keemo:

Yes you can

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ifeoluwadamilol: 7:34am On Jul 27, 2021
Good morning all. Thanks for the great job here.

Please who has booked for the covid test? I have been searching the Uk gov. Website for the government approved hospitals/test Centre for the test but yet to find a link. Please I need your help regarding this as I want to book on time.

Also, is it advisable to use a Centre recommended by airline agents like Wakanow (as I am not sure if the hospital is government approved).

Similarly, for the day2 & day8 testing, please service provider can you recommend?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Magnifque01: 7:51am On Jul 27, 2021
ifeoluwadamilol:
Good morning all. Thanks for the great job here.

Please who has booked for the covid test? I have been searching the Uk gov. Website for the government approved hospitals/test Centre for the test but yet to find a link. Please I need your help regarding this as I want to book on time.

Also, is it advisable to use a Centre recommended by airline agents like Wakanow (as I am not sure if the hospital is government approved).

Similarly, for the day2 & day8 testing, please service provider can you recommend?

Thanks

For covid test before departure use Afriglobal Medicare (close to customs office in ikeja) you can Google them.

For day 2 and day 8 check out )CTM K

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) (689) (690) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.