Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1306515 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sagbar(m): 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
Good day guys,
I’m applying for my visa together with my dependant ( husband and son).
Will I apply for them separately and pay each IHS fee and visa separately.
Because, I just got to the final stage now and I discovered nothing was mentioned about my dependant ihs and visa fee. Will I raise a separate application for them?
Thank you guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2021
sagbar:
Good day guys,
Because, I just got to the final stage now and I discovered nothing was mentioned about my dependant ihs and visa fee. Will I raise a separate application for them?
Thank you guys

Yes.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/dependant

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by duolu2021: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2021
sagbar:
Good day guys,
Thank you guys

Yes you need to apply separately for each of your dependants, IHS and Visa fees are also separate for everyone

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sagbar(m): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2021
fificole:
Agreed.

I work with a bank. Dollar sale for Visa fee, IHS and PTA with no return ticket not included.

Until CBN advises these items by means of a circular, no bank will do it. Embassies and airlines are the major targets for this recent change.

Emefiele added that there was evidence of prevailing ownership of several BDCs by the same promoters to procure multiple FX from the apex bank.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/07/28/cbn-releases-200m-to-banks-to-quell-fx-speculation/

He said, “Several international organisations, embassies, patronise BDC through illegal forex dealers to fund their institutions. We will deal ruthlessly with Nigerian banks that deal with illegal BDCs and we will report foreign organisations patronising them.”

Nigeria and woroworo rules

This still leaves Nigerians at the mercy of bdc operators as i dont understand why we can't just send from counter to dom accounts

Everything must sha be hard in this country
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by sagbar(m): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2021
duolu2021:

Yes you need to apply separately for each of your dependants, IHS and Visa fees are also separate for everyone
Thanks for the help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by onyiibest8(f): 2:33pm On Jul 31, 2021
Why the course?
Why that particular uni?
Plans after study?
Accommodation plan?
Present salary and what it will be after your study?
Close relatives in uk?
Travel history?
Who is sponsoring your studies?
quote author=koloyewo post=104279772]
Please, what were the questions[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hardeholar1(m): 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2021
Guys how best can this questions be answered, reply from those that have been interviewed before and there visas have been granted, should please reply to this
onyiibest8:
Why the course?
Why that particular uni?
Plans after study?
Accommodation plan?
Close relatives in uk?
Travel history?
Please, what were the questions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by onyiibest8(f): 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2021
koloyewo:

Why the course?
Why the uni? Other uni's considered?
The impact of the program after study
Present salary
Expected salary?
Who is sponsoring you?
How did you raise funds for your study
Plans after study?
Close relatives in uk?
Did you do any research before choosing the course and school?
The travel history * I just finished serving my 10yrs ban.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BigDickhead1: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2021
Oliviaxx:

Wakanow. British airways. 25th August- N336,778
Abuja to Manchester

How come wakanow is cheaper compare to British airways' main booking site?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Oracleforce: 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2021
Which school is this?/
onyiibest8:
Why the course?
Why that particular uni?
Plans after study?
Accommodation plan?
Close relatives in uk?
Travel history?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by hustla(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2021
Dumebi213:

I would have to bring documentation for PTA to get dollar

Yeah. That's pretty normal procedure.. They won't just hand dollar to you without the proof that's always stated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by BigDickhead1: 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
obioraval:
Please if you are coming here with the intention of Exceeding the approved 20hours work limit, reconsider oh.

Right now, I know of about 18persons who didn't obey the rule and were denied post study visa.

Be guided oh.

How could they have known that? Chai

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sysco600: 3:16pm On Jul 31, 2021
Hello House,

My pof have been valid and intact for like 6Months now, it hasn’t fallen below the required Amount of my tuition fees and Maintenance included

I just printed out 1Month to input to my visa Application form

I hope that’s not a problem
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by duolu2021: 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2021
Some incites please!!!!

I submitted my application in the morning and printed my statement in the afternoon of the same day (28th of July) for assisted service/ upload at TLS.

Statement was for a period of 29 days (29th June to 28th July) with the first transaction been a debit on the 30th of June with a last transaction also a debit on the 28th of July.

Should I be worried that I have a statement which closing balance reads on the same day of my application submission?

Or should I present same statement used to obtain CAS which was for 28days (28th June to 26th July) with first transaction on the 30th of June and last transaction on the 26th of July, both debits.

Kindly note that account is a Nigerian Dorm in GBP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by slutky: 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
Hello house,

I did biometric 13th of July and non straight forward mail 22nd of July. Since then I haven’t gotten any email communication from UKvi. It’s 14 working day already and it’s a standard application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2021
Please I need the contact of ur BDC...510 is a good price

Dumebi213:

Thank God I was able to get my remaining dollar from BDC (Which was a hassle by the way) yesterday at 510, Imagine having to go to the bank and you are being told the only way they'll sell dollars to you is if you are requesting for PTA, I was so mad.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Khamon: 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
hey guys , can someone recommend a cheap university with IT courses and that has good and friendly working environment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by perisabc: 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2021
Add additional 1 week to it.
slutky:
Hello house,

I did biometric 13th of July and non straight forward mail 22nd of July. Since then I haven’t gotten any email communication from UKvi. It’s 14 working day already and it’s a standard application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fificole: 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2021
For # 1, Its a non- issue. Same happened with mine. Details will be update. When you get there, complete the initial online registration with new passport details.

# 2. Someone here will help. My school did not request for POF for CAS.

Malwem:
Hello, thank you for all your contributions. Please I have 2 questions;

1. I did my TB test with IOM in June with my old passport (which will expire in August), but I have a new passport now with a different number (obviously) which still states my previous passport number. Do I need to apply for a re-issue of my TB Test Certificate with the new passport number?

2. My school requires POF before they can issue CAS, I have my 28 days Proof of fund to cover my living expenses, plus my tuition balance (I'm paying 75% of my tuition as deposit) but the total sum in this account doesn't cover my dependant's living expenses, only mine. Can I use a different POF to apply for CAS and use a different one when I'm applying for Visa?

Your response would be appreciated. Thank You
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by perisabc: 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
Print from June 30-28 July.
duolu2021:
Some incites please!!!!

I submitted my application in the morning and printed my statement in the afternoon of the same day (28th of July) for assisted service/ upload at TLS.

Statement was for a period of 29 days (29th June to 28th July) with the first transaction been a debit on the 30th of June with a last transaction also a debit on the 28th of July.

Should I be worried that I have a statement which closing balance reads on the same day of my application submission?

Or should I present same statement used to obtain CAS which was for 28days (28th June to 26th July) with first transaction on the 30th of June and last transaction on the 26th of July, both debits.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Odunharry(m): 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2021
Sijuademi:
Good afternoon everyone,

Please can anyone give me contact of someone that can help with my baby's international passport in lagos.

Your swift response would be appreciated
Does the baby have NIN. You can visit the passport thread and read few pages back.

All the best?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fificole: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2021
This is okay as long as the balance was sufficient even after the debit transaction was made. Transactions are allowed, just don't fall short with 'ANY DEBIT' ........... not day.

duolu2021:
Some incites please!!!!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Tantamount20: 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2021
I really need an advice on what to do as per account statement.
The only person that can give me his account to use is my immediate elder bro' which we bear same surname...but not willing to transfer d money into my account

And i read it on d first page that d fund should be either in my parent account or mine..

Someone should kindly advice way forward...thanks

Cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by paddedbabe: 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
Please how does this WALK-IN work? Should I just go to the embassy in Abuja and give my biometrics since I have submitted my form already? Please help me answer this question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sijuademi: 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2021
Odunharry:

Does the baby have NIN. You can visit the passport thread and read few pages back.

All the best?

Pls help with the link
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by scobyy2007: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2021
Pick any date and upload ur docs (self-service). Get there 7am tell the security u are there for walk-in..8am they will start attending to u. Ensure u have ur N42K in ya ATM Card

paddedbabe:
Please how does this WALK-IN work? Should I just go to the embassy in Abuja and give my biometrics since I have submitted my form already? Please help me answer this question
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Sysco600: 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2021
Sysco600:
Hello House,

My pof have been valid and intact for like 6Months now, it hasn’t fallen below the required Amount of my tuition fees and Maintenance included

I just printed out 1Month to input to my visa Application form

I hope that’s not a problem

Please House

Ur Answers is needed �

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.