Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1306330 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Babababy(m): 12:58am On Aug 02, 2021
latinah:

The gurus will answer you
But to the best of my knowledge your husband is a dependents too

Check page one -five of this trend ,lots of information is there

Not precisely in the context of that question.There shouldn’t be any ambiguity actually, the question is basically about people you cater for in real life , if your spouse is unemployed and depends on you for a living then he/she should fit the bracket.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Francejaik(m): 1:06am On Aug 02, 2021
Poanan:

you don want it? I do

How can I contact you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Hassano11970: 1:41am On Aug 02, 2021
Please guys , am applying for my Uk visa but I changed my names after my secondary school then so the name on my original waec result and dob is different from my passport, please can I use court avvidavit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fificole: 1:51am On Aug 02, 2021
How different? What does the University degree read? What document did you use for the change of name?

Hassano11970:
Please guys , am applying for my Uk visa but I changed my names after my secondary school then so the name on my original waec result and dob is different from my passport, please can I use court avvidavit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Alkidam(m): 1:53am On Aug 02, 2021
Justwise and other gurus

I am thinking of going to u.k with airmaroc with a lay over for just 2 hours in morocco , due to high flight price of virgin Atlantic and British airways.
Has anyone gone with airmaroc lately and how safe I am?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TheGuyFromHR: 3:43am On Aug 02, 2021
Iyafife:
I need help FAM. Someone said I shouldn't fill my husband as a dependant but that I should only fill him as my spouse and my kids as dependants. Note that we are all travelling together

This has been thrashed out before.
To repeat, the word "dependant" used in the UK visa context, does not mean someone who is financially dependent on the primary visa applicant. It means someone whose visa application is connected to/associated with that of the primary applicant.

In other words, your husband is your dependant for the purposes of this visa application, and it has nothing to do with who is funding who.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:09am On Aug 02, 2021
Babababy:

if this is in regards the ukvi application form where the question 'Does anyone rely on you for financial support? Include both those travelling with you and those who are not'', is asked? then that person is correct. There has been some ambiguity in this regard. If we relate with the general visit visa application, the same question is asked and it has nothing to do with the general dependant application, its a reality question about your current state.Your spouse is your spouse and people dependant on you are those your Carter for,its not about your dependants applying with you.

I think you are confusing her even more with this post
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:14am On Aug 02, 2021
Iyafife:
I need help FAM. Someone said I shouldn't fill my husband as a dependant but that I should only fill him as my spouse and my kids as dependants. Note that we are all travelling together

If you are the main applicant then any family member applying with you is your dependant, even if your husband is your sponsor. Dependant visa is a visa type issue to those accompanying the main applicant.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:15am On Aug 02, 2021
mercauly:
My own surname is Bakare and my middle name is Olanrewaju but my wife chose to adopt Olanrewaju as her surname instead of Bakare but on the marriage certificate her name is Bakare Fatimah Anike while her passport carry Olanrewaju Fatimah Anike.

Thank you sir for guidance.

As long as you share the same last name in your marriage certificate you will be fine,

Your wife no try though.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:17am On Aug 02, 2021
Alkidam:
Justwise and other gurus

I am thinking of going to u.k with airmaroc with a lay over for just 2 hours in morocco , due to high flight price of virgin Atlantic and British airways.

I’m not aware of anyone who has taken that route recently
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by PointBlank13(m): 6:18am On Aug 02, 2021
Melahou:

Print confirmation of appointment page, checklist front page and photocopy of your international passport.
Pls do you need appointment page for walk-in?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fificole: 6:22am On Aug 02, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

This has been thrashed out before.
To repeat, the word "dependant" used in the UK visa context, does not mean someone who is financially dependent on the primary visa applicant. It means someone whose visa application is connected to/associated with that of the primary applicant.

In other words, your husband is your dependant for the purposes of this visa application, and it has nothing to do with who is funding who.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 02, 2021
Alkidam:
Justwise and other gurus

Morocco is on the red list, the lay over in Morocco automatically means you'll have to pay £1700 pounds to quarantine when you get to the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fificole: 6:35am On Aug 02, 2021
Amber.

shoyemiayodeji:

Morocco is on the red list, the lay over in Morocco automatically means you'll have to pay £1700 pounds to quarantine when you get to the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Alkidam(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2021
I just checked and it is on the amber list and not red list
Is there anyone here that have used airmaroc?help a friend please
shoyemiayodeji:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Alkidam(m): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2021
Just checked here. What do you think?
fificole:
Amber.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Omah7979: 7:18am On Aug 02, 2021
Morning guys, more visas in this platform, I’ve a question, Is it possible to file for my spouse as a dependent on PSW visa, my program is ending October. He read pharmacy and in Nigeria, is there a chance getting a job and is it possible switching our visa if he gets a job. NB we’re just engaged but planning on getting married January.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by bunmiann: 7:21am On Aug 02, 2021
@justwise and other gurus please what does this mean and should I be scared?
I got the mail this morning and I went for biometrics on the 28th.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unlikely to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

We will keep you updated as to the progress of your application but in the meantime please do not attend the application centre until you have received a further update. We will notify you by e-mail once your application has been decided.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

I did priority

Please help.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by CheesyTee(f): 7:27am On Aug 02, 2021
The reason why it is advised to fly directly to the UK is that any of the countries on the amber list may move to the red list any day. What happens if Morocco is moved to red list and it happened on the flight departure date? Quarantine for hotel with £1,700 cry

You can check flights from Abuja, they’re cheaper to Lagos’ flights.
Alkidam:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dubyz: 7:29am On Aug 02, 2021
Please who is going to Canterbury Christ Church University or already there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Babababy(m): 7:31am On Aug 02, 2021
justwise:

If you are the main applicant then any family member applying with you is your dependant, even if your husband is your sponsor. Dependant visa is a visa type issue to those accompanying the main applicant.

Yes I agree, the question she asked is not about the the dependant partner in its entirety. The same question is asked in the general visitors visa.Under that question, the list of answers include people not traveling with you and elderly people you are responsible for.In the context of that question, I dont think its about the a dependant partner spouse or dependant children . Take some time to understand my point

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by pinkasso: 7:32am On Aug 02, 2021
Nope that won't be possible since she was not issued a visa as a dependent (spouse) when you initially applied....my opinion though.
Omah7979:
Morning guys, more visas in this platform, I’ve a question, Is it possible to file for my spouse as a dependent on PSW visa, my program is ending October. He read pharmacy and in Nigeria, is there a chance getting a job and is it possible switching our visa if he gets a job. NB we’re just engaged but planning on getting married January.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by champsdre(m): 7:32am On Aug 02, 2021
Omarh:

Please where are we gathering?
i dey here pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Norme: 7:40am On Aug 02, 2021
Gdmornin..please we are a family of 4..,On the application form..were they asked wr do we intend to stay..sinc wv nt gtn any yet at the moment..our respond was..we r currently engaging agents on accommodation n nt gtn any concrete feedback atm..n that was a sincere response..pls hope it wont affect our visa...Apart frm that our POF is intact n more than enuf to cover the 4 of us..please someone with similar response shd kindly answer
@Justwise expecting a feedback frm you too..
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by seeseun(f): 7:41am On Aug 02, 2021
shoyemiayodeji:

Morocco is on the Amber List. See list below.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#amber-list

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ugomnaanny: 7:46am On Aug 02, 2021
caleb00:

thats what they told me. this is a silly question but since I applied on Wednesday, should I go collect it on Monday or Tuesday and is there any limit to the card when i get it
go on Tuesday, daily limit on web transactions is 5k dollars
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by perisabc: 8:03am On Aug 02, 2021
Incorrect. Morocco is on Amber list as at this moment.
shoyemiayodeji:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Melahou(m): 8:04am On Aug 02, 2021
PointBlank13:

Pls do you need appointment page for walk-in?

Go with the front page of your check list and a copy of your international passport.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by perisabc: 8:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Nothing to be afraid of so far your submitted docs are genuine. Expect your visa by Friday or next week Monday (I am sure you did priority).
bunmiann:
@justwise and other gurus please what does this mean and should I be scared?
I got the mail this morning and I went for biometrics on the 28th.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unlikely to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

We will keep you updated as to the progress of your application but in the meantime please do not attend the application centre until you have received a further update. We will notify you by e-mail once your application has been decided.

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Please help.
Thank you.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fificole: 8:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Safer to take a direct flight. We are booked on Virgin. It’s been suggested here too, traffic lights rules can switch for any country, even while inflight.

My opinion though.

Alkidam:

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.