Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,357 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1308636 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by DoubleN(m): 10:26am On Aug 10, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by efzbah: 10:33am On Aug 10, 2021
Olawale1993:
Visa alert! Visa alert!! Visa alert!!!

Biometrics: 29th July
Collection mail: 6th August
Pickup: passport pickup with Visa 9th August

This journey hasn't been easy but i give glory to God Almighty, several mistakes here and there on my application but God took control and it ended in praise.

Best wishes to those expecting decisions this week and beyond, your visa is on its way.

Thank you all for the assistance here through the write ups.
God bless us all.

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 10:35am On Aug 10, 2021
fificole:
If you have a foreign account already, credit directly. The FX draft takes about 2+ weeks to get value.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 10:37am On Aug 10, 2021
DeehoneyHomes:
Finally, application left DMC...on it's way to VAC

Such detailed tracking. Surely this isn't the app. What are you tracking with
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 10:39am On Aug 10, 2021
Amarathripple0:

Yes In cash, I have a Dollar dom account already here in Naija but transfer fees from my dom to a UK account is ridiculous and when you transact with a Naija Dollar card anywhere in world, they charge within the Nigerian rate not the foreign rate. Unless you are in the US. I guess answering their questions at border patrol is my best bet.

As inn. And to dey carry plenty money upandan. I heard the same thing that transfer from a Naija dom acct to a UK account incurs ridiculous charges. Best to ask the bank for the % sha instead of assuming
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fificole: 10:40am On Aug 10, 2021
It like the usual draft you get within Nigeria, this one is in GBP or USD. Drafts are CONFIRMED cheques. Cannot 'bounce'.

Drafts are usually not too popular WITHIN Nigeria these days because of the ease of direct transfers.

PLEASE LET ME ADD. As you have stated, FX draft can only be issued from an existing dom account not naira account.

Amarathripple0:

Please what’s a foreign currency draft and how does it work?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 10:45am On Aug 10, 2021
ccurrie:

Such detailed tracking. Surely this isn't the app. What are you tracking with

most likely the Tls website
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yerima21: 10:48am On Aug 10, 2021
Please i need urgent response my people.

My younger brother has been given student visa for his masters programme in the UK and he needs to travel this weekend. The problem is that his flight is transitting through Milan in Italy and we dont know if he requires a transit visa ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by perisabc: 10:52am On Aug 10, 2021
He needs a transit visa passing through E.U countries. Is he using KLM or Air France?
yerima21:
Please i need urgent response my people.

My younger brother has been given student visa for his masters programme in the UK and he needs to travel this weekend. The problem is that his flight is transitting through Milan in Italy and we dont know if he requires a transit visa ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 10:53am On Aug 10, 2021
fificole:
Not really. It will not be a direct transfer even if your bank has that feature on the app. The trade/foreign desk within the bank will treat the transaction/transfer.

so man must visit bank physically to effect such transfer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 10:53am On Aug 10, 2021
ccurrie:

As inn. And to dey carry plenty money upandan. I heard the same thing that transfer from a Naija dom acct to a UK account incurs ridiculous charges. Best to ask the bank for the % sha instead of assuming

na to carry cash sure pass then, once u land, open a foreign bank account and deposit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 10:54am On Aug 10, 2021
Dumebi213:

most likely the Tls website
Omo. See watching of passport. Nice one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Chpelu: 10:55am On Aug 10, 2021
Pls is it possible for a student to apply for visa with dependants. The student didn't inform the school that he will be traveling with dependants during CAS application because the dependants Pof wasn't ready during CAS application but all there POf is ready during visa application. Will it affect them if they apply together. Has anyone had similar case and was issued visa with dependants.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by efzbah: 10:56am On Aug 10, 2021
ccurrie:
Didn't know when I was congratulating @Owlette that my collection email was sitting pretty in my inbox.

Just got my visa

Application date: 2nd Aug
Biometrics: 3rd Aug walk-in
Added service: Priority
Collection mail: Today 9th August 11am
Pickup: Today 9th August 2pm
Confirmed Vignette and letter in parcel

Thank God.

Wow!!!!!!
I'm really happy for you. All glory to God Almighty.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by kayalade123: 10:58am On Aug 10, 2021
Oracleforce:
Teesside has opened the student portal again....yet no end in sight...
Deadline 4th September....
Keeping fingers crossed...

My patience has turned to endurance and my endurance has turned to long-suffering...

We are count days....

Pls....SOS Teesside...

Call them oooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yerima21: 10:58am On Aug 10, 2021
perisabc:
He needs a transit visa passing through E.U countries. Is he using KLM or Air France?

He is using Ethiopian airline up to Milan then change to another airline Ryanair in Milan
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Marytee2: 11:02am On Aug 10, 2021
He will definitely need transit visa even if it is the same airline transiting through EU and this this is entirely change of airline
yerima21:

He is using Ethiopian airline up to Milan then change to another airline Ryanair in Milan

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by MissOwaa: 11:04am On Aug 10, 2021
Are you sure??
I advice you call the airline and find out directly.
I'm not certain of this transit visa thing anymore.
Marytee2:
He will definitely need transit visa even if it is the same airline transiting through EU and this this is entirely change of airline
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by yerima21: 11:05am On Aug 10, 2021
Marytee2:

o dear ....

Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fificole: 11:06am On Aug 10, 2021
Yes. Use a bank branch close to you.

It’s just an option.

You can have it in your DOM account in Nigeria then take your debit card with you, just be sure your bank does not have monthly or transaction limits. Many banks here do.

Vecharry:

so man must visit bank physically to effect such transfer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Babababy(m): 11:07am On Aug 10, 2021
yerima21:

He will be transiting through Addis Ababa , Ethiopia is on the Red list. He needs to diligently consider his options. To the best of my knowledge, transiting through a RED country is mandatory government organised quarantine upon arrival in UK

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by millyscent: 11:08am On Aug 10, 2021
Slimberry1:

Which location?

Vi priority
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nextlevel21: 11:08am On Aug 10, 2021
aragbaboy:

I was given the same date in Ikeja but no confirmation email from yet. Did you get a confirmation email for that date?
abuja is well organised but you will need a lot of patience, I got there around 9am and got my certificate around 7pm.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by okehsmiley: 11:09am On Aug 10, 2021
Na real endurance o. It will come shortly.

Oracleforce:
Teesside has opened the student portal again....yet no end in sight...
Deadline 4th September....
Keeping fingers crossed...

My patience has turned to endurance and my endurance has turned to long-suffering...

We are count days....

Pls....SOS Teesside...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ccurrie: 11:09am On Aug 10, 2021
Chpelu:
Pls is it possible for a student to apply for visa with dependants. The student didn't inform the school that he will be traveling with dependants during CAS application because the dependants Pof wasn't ready during CAS application but all there POf is ready during visa application. Will it affect them if they apply together. Has anyone had similar case and was issued visa with dependants.

Yes pls. You may proceed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fificole: 11:11am On Aug 10, 2021
Ethiopia is on the red list. Won’t he have to follow the full quarantine rules?
yerima21:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Vecharry(m): 11:16am On Aug 10, 2021
fificole:
Yes. Use a bank branch close to you.

It’s just an option.

You can have it in your DOM account in Nigeria then take your debit card with you, just be sure your bank does not have monthly or transaction limits. Many banks here do.

i hear using your card overseas attracts higher charges
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by dammyklein(f): 11:16am On Aug 10, 2021
Please I need more insight for covid 19 test here in 9ja n price.

How to book for day2 and day8 test during 10days of quarantine with expected cost.

Lastly, do I need a yellow card at d airport as I heard immigration officers will ask for it if they know it's your first time traveling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by tinke: 11:17am On Aug 10, 2021
He needs a schengen visa or an Italian national visa because he is changing planes and taking a domestic flight from Milan to the UK. A transit visa won’t work.

yerima21:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Zimzee: 11:20am On Aug 10, 2021
I did self service, I just realized that I made a mistake in one of the dates of my previous travel. It's supposed to be 12th - 15th but I type 12th - 14th. Is it something I should be worried about?
Please my blood pressure is rising. What should I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by dammyklein(f): 11:21am On Aug 10, 2021
What is the minimum amount a student needs to takhave while traveling to UK.

quote author=fetomowo post=104626247]In Cash?

There are international anti-money laundering laws. Even if you declare it, you have to answer some questions.

Why not open a pounds denominated account and get dollar card?

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Fynestboi: 11:23am On Aug 10, 2021
Chpelu:

I don't think your school is concerned with your dependent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (886)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.