Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 - Travel (865) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (1301822 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) ... (886) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Callmed: 7:13am On Aug 18, 2021
okhueleigbe:

Yes. They sent me the invoice with my reference number few minutes after booking

But I don't know if I should still stick with them since their review is bad
I honestly don't know. Because I an article that state that doing a day 2 and day 8 test for £70 is unobtainable.

But...they might have changed now. When are they supposed to deliver your testing kits?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JamiuKabir: 7:14am On Aug 18, 2021
Vecharry:
For courses starting September 20th, what should we put as planned travel date when filling the visa form

One month before the starting date on the earliest.

Calculate 10 working days from the date of your biometric to visa collection. (Assuming 20th of Aug you do biometric, travel date could be 02/09/2021). Ceteris paribus.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JamiuKabir: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2021
rebless:
Good morning gurus

I’m just deciding this week to make a student visa application and I understand that September intake is already late my question is must i wait till next year to apply for the September 2022 intake or there’s possibility of other intakes before September cos I think mostly Canadian schools have several intakes in a year.

You may consider January 2022 intake. You need to start the admission process now and apply for the visa around October - Nov. 2021.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Damoxy(m): 7:19am On Aug 18, 2021
Please how can someone get an appointment for TB test at Ikeja

The website has been unresponsive down for weeks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Callmed: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2021
fabulous2019:
Good morning house
Please if after paying Visa fee and ihs if denied visa would the ihs fee be refunded. Thanks
Yes, IHS fee will be refunded.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by beautyhound(m): 7:29am On Aug 18, 2021
laawale:

It was self service, I didn’t upload it online and I was done with biometrics before I remembered that I had omitted it. I just sent them a mail where I attached the file.

Boss hwfar please, can u send me the email abeg. I am at the TLS center. Please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by rebless(m): 7:30am On Aug 18, 2021
JamiuKabir:

You may consider January 2022 intake. You need to start the admission process now and apply for the visa around October - Nov. 2021.

Thanks bro

Is it all schools that have intake in January or some of them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Bourne007(m): 7:32am On Aug 18, 2021
Request for any personal data ukvi holds about you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration

All the best

centuryman:
Good morning everyone,

I have a concern and I hope somehow someone here will be able to help me.

Sometimes between 2006 and 2008 (I can't remember the actual year though I'm thinking it was 2008), I asked an agent to make a visit visa application for me (I can't say if he did or not) - my memory of everything is hazy. In my mind, it seems I was at the embassy for biometric (I don't know if they have started biometric capturing at the time and if an applicant would appear for interview) - again my memory of everything is hazy. At the end of the day it seems I was denied. I have the passport with me but there's no stamp or sticker reading DENIED and no paper saying same. This makes me thinking very hard. Many things running through my mind.

Now I want to apply for student visa and don't know how to answer the part where it asks if I have been denied visa before. How can I know if I have been denied before? Can I write or call the embassy to request for this or is there a way I can know? How best can I handle this situation. I want to do everything right.

I tried to be as detailed as possible with the hope you would be able to help me. I am sorry if it appears I am bothering you. I hope to hear from you and learn from your experience.

@justwise, @scobby, @fetomowo, @dumebii and @all.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by rebless(m): 7:35am On Aug 18, 2021
Again my fellow Nairalanders pls your brother needs attention

1.Should one apply to the preferred university direct or must apply through UCAS?

2. Is a student application for a 40yo with a WAEC level of study possible? Although he has a running registered business and married.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by boommer: 7:41am On Aug 18, 2021
Good morning good people. Please after recieveing my CAS what step should i take next?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by JamiuKabir: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2021
rebless:

Thanks bro

Not all. you check with your preferred school(s).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by boommer: 7:45am On Aug 18, 2021
Damoxy:
Please how can someone get an appointment for TB test at Ikeja

The website has been unresponsive down for weeks

If you are currently in lagos its best you go to their office in person

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ayrton03(m): 7:49am On Aug 18, 2021
Try going there to book manually, might be stressful but it's faster
comfort1870:
Good Evening house,

I have been trying to book TB test appointment online and also sent them an email for the past two weeks now but no luck because all dates are blank on their website. Please how do i book an appointment.

Please help .

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by joideviv(m): 7:53am On Aug 18, 2021
Chemgot:
Still on account opening and after my account will be credited for counting.
And you?

Do you really have to open an account for that, what happens to you operational account?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Dumebi213: 7:54am On Aug 18, 2021
rebless:
Again my fellow Nairalanders pls your brother needs attention

1.Should one apply to the preferred university direct or must apply through UCAS?

2. Is a student application for a 40yo with a WAEC level of study possible? Although he has a running registered business and married.

1) Most schools ask postgraduate international students to apply on their portal, not UCAS, check the school you want to attend for their own process

2) Waec level of study? that he didn't attend university or polytechnic? omo I don't know ooh

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fetomowo: 7:56am On Aug 18, 2021
No it won't. Things like this happens. So far they get the payment, latest by 26th they will continue your processing. It has no material effect on the decision.

Sysco600:

The Money bounced back, so is in my Account

There gave me from now to 26th Aug to pay fully iHS as showed in my Email �

So I hope, it wouldn’t put my visa decision at risk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Angelabiola: 7:57am On Aug 18, 2021
Ribabu:
My last refusal was on December 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by UOR123: 8:03am On Aug 18, 2021
I did Walk-In at TLS VI on 5th August
Priority

I have still not gotten any mail from TLS for pick up ooooh

The wait is killing me
Guys should I be worried or call?

What should I do
Please guys reply

Thank you

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TosinKate(f): 8:06am On Aug 18, 2021
Congrats.

Please, who did the interview for you at the VAC office?

Lianalexa:
Visa Alert��❤️❤️❤️. Here is my timeline

Application submitted: July 10

Type: standard

Biometrics: July 23 at Ikeja VAC

Non straight forward mail: Aug 4. Then 3 missed calls from ukvi the next day without prior notice

Interview mail( scheduled at Ikeja VAC by 8:30am, same day after I missed their call)

Interview: August 9( I answered up to 40 questions I even forgot my age when asked�. I was the only one to do interview at the VAC and even up till now, I haven't seen anyone else to add to myself. It was really an executive interview)

Cas used mail and decision: August 11

Collection: Today

It is not he that willeth nor he that runneth but it is God that shows mercy. I know this verse of the Bible very well but now I have a full understanding of what it really means.
Indeed everyone's story is different. My application was more straightforward than anything....yet I got a non straightforward mail, prayed not to do interview but did. In the end God never fails. He really never does. All glory to Him forever. Amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by ariyike23(f): 8:07am On Aug 18, 2021
UOR123:
Priority

The wait is killing me

What should I do
Please guys reply

Pls do a paid email or call ..

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fetomowo: 8:09am On Aug 18, 2021
What level of degree do you want her to do?

Either going by school or going directly. Both are good. I will suggest that she can go to school while she gets to process her registration with NMC.

chidirobert:
Thank you so much for the information,though I know of that but am considering the two options,

Hi, I think you should consider getting a job straight, there some hospitals in the uk that employs nurses straight! Maybe you should look into it instead of going via school route
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Deering1008: 8:12am On Aug 18, 2021
Good morning @justwise and @lagosismyhome please am I allowed to carry Agbo-Jedi while going to the uk? I haven’t added alcohol to it... Just the herbal branches
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by CapitalCee(m): 8:18am On Aug 18, 2021
Hello please, guys, i am making an application for someone, I am on the stage for booking appointment, I chose ikeja centre, but to book appointment is a problem. I keep getting this error message. Please what will i do, i am in desperate need to get an appointment

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by boommer: 8:30am On Aug 18, 2021
Please what currency is IHS and visa paid in, im confused someone told me its dollars where as on page 1 of this thread i see pounds..

Secondly after getting my CAS, what should i do next?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Joseph0110: 8:33am On Aug 18, 2021
Orofun1:
I had my biometrics July 8 in Abuja also, got 2 mom straightforward mails and since then nothing, I called for my application to be escalated and they did that some days ago.

Pls I also did the standard application and I fear it could take up to a month to get a response on my visa, pls how did you go about the calling for escalation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 18, 2021
boommer:
Please what currency is IHS and visa paid in, im confused someone told me its dollars where as on page 1 of this thread i see pounds..

Secondly after getting my CAS, what should i do next?

It can be paid in either currency.

The key factor is that you're using a card that is capable of paying that sum of money, so a Pounds card or Dollar card will work. I presume an Euro one would, too.

The fees are quoted in Pounds but If you use a dollar denominated card, the equivalent dollar amount will be deducted from the card.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fetomowo: 8:35am On Aug 18, 2021
Yes

fabulous2019:
Good morning house
Please if after paying Visa fee and ihs if denied visa would the ihs fee be refunded. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TosinKate(f): 8:36am On Aug 18, 2021
Just chill and check later. Like after 6 to 12 hrs later.

obaxlove:

Please is there anyone with similar experience in the past? We have been unable to select biometrics date since last night, despite trying throughout the night till now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by fetomowo: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2021
To get a more detailed information. Track it from your UKVi application not the TLS app. Click on the link sent to your email. Enter in your password. Go to Biometrics, click on it. It will open a TLS page , click on the Track button.
UOR123:
Priority

The wait is killing me

What should I do
Please guys reply

Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by boommer: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2021
koonbey:

It can be paid in either currency.

The key factor is that you're using a card that is capable of paying that sum of money, so a Pounds card or Dollar card will work. I presume an Euro one would, too.

The fees are quoted in Pounds but If you use a dollar denominated card, the equivalent dollar amount will be deducted from the card.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by TosinKate(f): 8:42am On Aug 18, 2021
Just check the school website for this info. Some schools take students for a certain courses at a particular intake.

You will need to verify this via the institution or course details.

rebless:

Thanks bro

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 by centuryman(m): 8:44am On Aug 18, 2021
@Bourne007,

Many thanks to you. I will go through the link.

Bourne007:
Request for any personal data ukvi holds about you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration

All the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) (868) ... (886)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.