Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) (39617 Views)

#endsars: I Drove Around Lagos To See Changes (pics, Video) / Lockdown Ease: I Drove Around Lagos (pics, Video) / Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by hedonister: 9:54am On Dec 26, 2020
I took a drive on Christmas day to some parts of Lagos to feel the pulse of the city. I started from Yaba through Maryland through Mobolaji Bank Anthony and Toyin street all the way through Allen Avenue to Adeniyi Jones.

Enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DivcteJHSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xl5cgH4ccI

2 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by hedonister: 9:55am On Dec 26, 2020
More pics

1 Like

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by hedonister: 9:55am On Dec 26, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Kriss216: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2020
Seems you’ve gotten a new phone. The photos are now clearer.

Merry Christmas

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by hedonister: 9:57am On Dec 26, 2020

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by ILoveeyouall(f): 9:58am On Dec 26, 2020
Enter mushin Come show me how christmas dey go 4 there.
Emi omo mushin olosha

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by hedonister: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2020

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by chatinent: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2020
Hmmm
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by hedonister: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by mauriceju2(m): 10:28am On Dec 26, 2020
back to the East

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by spy24(m): 10:32am On Dec 26, 2020
I don't know what democracy has done in this country since 1999

See as everywhere old

All the the great things this country has done were done in military era

No democratic government would have been able to construct the 3rd mainland bridge

Most of the federal universities that the military build were constructed by civil engineering companies. Now na bricklayers they build universities

It was the military that had the fore sight to move the capital to Abuja and funded it within a short period of time if it was in Democracy it will be vision 2090

Honestly since the military left Nigeria government have not undertaken any quality infrastructural project in this country

Even when they plan it . Corruption and sharing of money always make Dem deliver substandard
Projects

Corrupt bunch of leaders

180 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Enudapan: 10:33am On Dec 26, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Merry Xmas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Jayson504(m): 11:48am On Dec 26, 2020
Lagos is just too overrated. Just take a look at the pictures above. An acclaimed mega city of Nigeria. undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Jayson504(m): 11:49am On Dec 26, 2020
spy24:

See as everywhere old

No democratic government would have been able to construct the 3rd mainland bridge

Most of the federal universities that the military build were constructed by civil engineering companies. Now na bricklayers they build universities

It was the military that had the fore sight to move the capital to Abuja and funded it within a short period of time if it was in Democracy it will be vision 2090

Honestly since the military left Nigeria government have not undertaken any quality infrastructural project in this country

Even when they plan it . Corruption and sharing of money always make Dem deliver substandard
Projects

Corrupt bunch of leaders
You just spoke my mind

30 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Cashsteady(m): 11:55am On Dec 26, 2020
Lagos fine.. but government needs to do something about all those dirt's and
shanties besides the road, proper road markings,cover drainage... Honestly Lagos would have look organized if it wasn't overpopulated and if those hausa fulani dirty animals weren't in the city.i see future in Lagos. Ikeja Yaba surulere are the ok places on the mainland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by juman(m): 11:58am On Dec 26, 2020
Travelling to lagos was like travelling to abroad in those days.

Anytime I dey lagos my body feel the mood till today.

4 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by IamWonderful: 11:58am On Dec 26, 2020
Ok
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by juman(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
Cashsteady:
Lagos fine.. but government needs to do something about all those dirt's and
shanties besides the road, proper road markings,cover drainage... Honestly Lagos would have look organized if it wasn't overpopulated and if those hausa fulani dirty animals aint in the city.i see future in Lagos

More than half of people living in lagos suppose to move back to their states.

If we have stable electricity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by AustineJohn908(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
Na this Trash una want compare with Abuja? Lol, see as the roads dey self to scanty, dirty with sands everywhere. go and see Abuja roads then come back let's talk.
lagos is an underdeveloped trash.

5 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Kinematics: 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
Na the Lagos be this?

Mmmh....

My country is indeed a 3rd world country.... See our financial capital naa undecided undecided undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Cashsteady(m): 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2020
juman:

More than half of people living in lagos suppose to move back to their states.

If we have stable electricity.

STFU.. osun has stable electricity why is it not populated as Lagos, Lagos is just a city where everyone wants to be

4 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Cashsteady(m): 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2020
Kinematics:
Na the Lagos be this?

Mmmh....

My country is indeed a 3rd world country.... See our financial capital naa undecided undecided undecided

Some parts of Nairobi looks exactly or even worse than this same as accra.. this ain't the metropolitan area of Lagos if op takes pictures of ikoyi vi and some parts of lekki go think say na abroad u dey

9 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by aribisala0(m): 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2020
spy24:

See as everywhere old

Projects

Corrupt bunch of leaders
I
Your logic is upside down as of 1999 Nigeria was 39 years old and the military had ruled for 29 years
Third mainland bridge was built by Shagari up to Ebute Metta before he was overthrown
The reality is that the military were in charge of the oil boom money twice and they failed to fix power, failed to fix rail and failed to fix refineries

Funding Abuja was done mainly with the proceeds of funds from the windfall increase in price due to the GUlf war in 1991. It was not foresight. What economic benefit does Abuja provide considering the billions that were spent there?

Many would disagree that building Abuja was a good use of money. That money would have been better spent on power or rail infrastructure
When the Military came again in 1983 the Naira was exchanging for $1.50 in 1999 when they left it was exchanging for 1.25 cents
We had come to embrace a culture of fuel shortage and university strikes.
When the military left in 1999 they left a huge debt that could not be serviced comfortably and we were left begging for debt forgiveness
What about the Abacha loot that keeps resurrecting 20 years later??
Please do not give a distorted account of the impact of the military in Nigeria. It was generally a disaster which we have not yet recovered from

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2020
Lagos is a big village.

2 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by rawtouch: 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2020
ok
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by ATEAMS: 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
U try
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Sarmiz24(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
E hungry u ni , Nobody send you
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Strongbest(m): 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2020
Nice scene
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by emmabest2000(m): 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2020
Waitng patiently will hand cross until you enter ajegunle grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2020
Your driving around, without any constructive views, is useless to me undecided. Na normal Naija roads I dey see in the video & pictures

I don't know about others

3 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Passionate888: 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2020
I walked around PH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vehicle Conveying A Corpse Catches Fire Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (video) / Road Construction In Abuja By Ebeano Supermarket (Photos) / Train Caught Fire In Mushin, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.