Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) (39622 Views)

#endsars: I Drove Around Lagos To See Changes (pics, Video) / Lockdown Ease: I Drove Around Lagos (pics, Video) / Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by OYENIYIJK: 1:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
I missed front page cheesy

Check that link in my signature my brother
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by ThEGodFaThEr101(m): 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
All I see everywhere in Lagos megacity are Touts and Agberos. They are like MTN Everywhere you go. From Falomo to Banana Island, from lekki to Ajah, touts and Agberos are more than the road signs.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Godpikin4real(f): 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
Really?
Did u?
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Mastakija(m): 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
I know what ya trying to do
But continue
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 26, 2020
Jayson504:
You just spoke my mind

Why you no speak am b4, ole.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by ofiko123(m): 1:10pm On Dec 26, 2020
Nice one.... Merry Christmas to you..
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Adakintroy: 1:14pm On Dec 26, 2020
spy24:
I don't know what democracy has done in this country since 1999

See as everywhere old

All the the great things this country has done were done in military era

No democratic government would have been able to construct the 3rd mainland bridge

Most of the federal universities that the military build were constructed by civil engineering companies. Now na bricklayers they build universities

It was the military that had the fore sight to move the capital to Abuja and funded it within a short period of time if it was in Democracy it will be vision 2090

Honestly since the military left Nigeria government have not undertaken any quality infrastructural project in this country

Even when they plan it . Corruption and sharing of money always make Dem deliver substandard
Projects

Corrupt bunch of leaders

Hate the military all you want but they fair better that us civilains. In all honesty.

However democracy has better prospect futuristically if nurtured right. We on the right track still.

1 Like

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2020
u get fuel plus u no get who to visit

1 Like

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 26, 2020
Okay
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Stewart883(m): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2020
Lagos is just a glorified slum!! Noting special about the city. This is so fvcked!! Upon all the IGR coming out from Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by micflo28(m): 1:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
spy24:

See as everywhere old

No democratic government would have been able to construct the 3rd mainland bridge

Most of the federal universities that the military build were constructed by civil engineering companies. Now na bricklayers they build universities

It was the military that had the fore sight to move the capital to Abuja and funded it within a short period of time if it was in Democracy it will be vision 2090

Honestly since the military left Nigeria government have not undertaken any quality infrastructural project in this country

Even when they plan it . Corruption and sharing of money always make Dem deliver substandard
Projects

Corrupt bunch of leaders
Democracy is a system for looters and designed to aid massive looting. Military regime was focus minded and needed no distraction which made it unfavoured by the people as their could be rights abuses without redress. I prefer the military ruled us. Abacha performed far better than obasanjo down to present Buhari put together.

3 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Wettoid123: 1:41pm On Dec 26, 2020
So I should waste my data to watch dirty streets in Lagos I thought you wanted to say streets in Qatar!

2 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:44pm On Dec 26, 2020
You no get work o
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by capitalzero: 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2020
spy24:

See as everywhere old

Projects

Corrupt bunch of leaders

Democrazy is bad for multicultural and multireligious society. And military is not idea for 21st century.

2 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by victorVIC1(m): 1:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
Hi guys...Any idea if the beaches in Lagos are opened this period considering the stance of the State Government on social distance?
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by LCling: 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2020
U still dey Lagos mainland.enter island na
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by SweetBanana: 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2020
[quote author=aribisala0 post=97440799]I
Your logic is upside down as of 1999 Nigeria was 39 years old and the military had ruled for 29 years
Third mainland bridge was built by Shagari up to Ebute Metta before he was overthrown
The reality is that the military were in charge of the oil boom money twice and they failed to fix power, failed to fix rail and failed to fix refineries

Funding Abuja was done mainly with the proceeds of funds from the windfall increase in price due to the GUlf war in 1991. It was not foresight. What economic benefit does Abuja provide considering the billions that were spent there?

Many would disagree that building Abuja was a good use of money. That money would have been better spent on power or rail infrastructure
When the Military came again in 1983 the Naira was exchanging for $1.50 in 1999 when they left it was exchanging for 1.25 cents
We had come to embrace a culture of fuel shortage and university strikes.
When the military left in 1999 they left a huge debt that could not be serviced comfortably and we were left begging for debt forgiveness
What about the Abacha loot that keeps resurrecting 20 years later??
Please do not give a distorted account of the impact of the military in Nigeria. It was generally a disaster which we have not yet recovered from
[/quote[color=#000099][/color]Welldone Lai Mohammed
Third Mainland Bridge was built by Shagari?
Failed to fix refineries?
Who built the refineries?
Mind you, I am not supporting military regime because according to the late sage "the worst democracy is better than the best military government "
But I hate the offspring of Lai Mohammed. ]

2 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by prodev988: 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2020
Let me wait a little before dropping my comment!
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Ahumanbeing: 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2020
hedonister:
I took a drive on Christmas day to some parts of Lagos to feel the pulse of the city. I started from Yaba through Maryland through Mobolaji Bank Anthony and Toyin street all the way through Allen Avenue to Adeniyi Jones.

Enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DivcteJHSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xl5cgH4ccI
Which phone, camera be this
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Oracleforce: 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
spy24:

See as everywhere old

Projects

Corrupt bunch of leaders

Stone age thinking.....
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2020
hedonister:
More pics
Guy abeg, take this thing down from YouTube, better places dey to show the world now, other people go come de yab us online. Haba, una no dey think ni
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by GeneralPula: 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2020
spy24:

See as everywhere old

Projects

Corrupt bunch of leaders

Exactly what we been sayin..

Just make it straight that since PDP took over Government in 1999, there has been zero infrastructure all across country..

I wish Nigerians could shock both PDP and APC in 2023.. Both are disgrace !!
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by alesh2013: 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2020
ILoveeyouall:
Enter mushin
Come show me how christmas dey go 4 there.

Emi omo mushin olosha

Omo adugbomi grin[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by goryorhal(m): 2:34pm On Dec 26, 2020
ILoveeyouall:
Enter mushin
Come show me how christmas dey go 4 there.

Emi omo mushin olosha

Where in mushin do you stay ?
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by 2cribz: 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2020
Xmas dry,i no see chicken chop or rice. I vex chop pounded yam. But nrw year go lit
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Flows001(m): 2:52pm On Dec 26, 2020
Jayson504:
Lagos is just too overrated. Just take a look at the pictures above. An acclaimed mega city of Nigeria. undecided
even in the USA, there re low budget areas, no be everywhere suppose to dey glitter nah. Besides, nobody was expecting anything better due to the areas Op mentioned.
In case you want to see the city and beauty of Lagos, please use Google, it will give you proper image views. Thank you.
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by ILoveeyouall(f): 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2020
alesh2013:

Omo adugbomi grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by kolaaderin: 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2020
spy24:

See as everywhere old

Projects

Corrupt bunch of leaders
You are so on point, the only one i can relate to is rail in resent time and that is almost fully funded by China. Nigeria Democracy can never achieve fit engineering marvel like that of Third midland bridge except its fully funded on debt like the rail. 4th mainland bridge has been in dream since early 90s, till now nothing to show except drawings and sub logistic contracts of visibility surveys in Billion, the structure itself remains a mirage . 2nd Niger bridge was also a dream and visibility surveys in billions for more than 3 decades until recently we are having some real pictures of the structure.
Lagos Ibadan expressway was constructed through thick jungle from start to finish in just over 3 years in the 70s and was commissioned for use in 1978 all on that little economy power and funds in the 70s , Just to add a single extra lane on that already existing road is taking 20 years now and we are still waiting for completion.
A state Governor constructed Lekki Epe expressway through very bad terrain of swampy forest in less than a term in 1979 to 1983 without a single toll gate, the road lasted almost 3 decades intact and smooth to drive until recently due to serious heavy traffic, todays thieves added a single lane to just 5% of the whole expressway with two toll Gates !!! what do we call that if not madness of the highest order.

Corruption is a real issue here, its easier to do cheap project of #100m and Pad it to the tune of #100B on the budget while all the billions will be embezzled than starting a project of almost a trillion that will drain the budget so much leaving nothing for them to steal.
Democracy in resent time Nigeria is a full body and soul of scam.

4 Likes

Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by dapadawee: 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2020
hedonister:
God safe you say no be Christmas eve you drove
U 4 no say Lagos na hell
Re: I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2020
Just a dirty and ragged looking city. Nigeria is BS I swear. Nothing to look at. Just dirt, touts, agberos and sars

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Road Construction In Abuja By Ebeano Supermarket (Photos) / Train Caught Fire In Mushin, Lagos (Photos) / Tajuddeen Musawa: Sokoto Lecturer, His Wife, 2 Children Die In Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.