Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,735 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures - Autos (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures (54240 Views)

White Soul Motors, Where Taste Meets Class In Automobile / How Auto Mechanic Became A Millionaire After Reviewing Several Knock Engines / How Auto Mechanic Became A Millionaire After Reviewing Several Knock Engines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by mechanics(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2020
Wow, this is child abuse.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by nasirujj(m): 9:57pm On Dec 26, 2020
Career Guidance counselors over to you, what can you say about this, you don't force an individual to choose a career but you advise and suggest. At this stage the child sees himself as a multi talented individual and can't make decisions on his own. My own point of view
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by banmee(m): 10:25pm On Dec 26, 2020
SIRTee15:

I already addressed the sanitation n the deleterious environment at work place...not only for the child but everyone working in the workshop...read my previous post.
My focus is learning life skills under his parents supervision. This is good practice and should be encouraged.
Not everything that doesn't conform to white man's standard is child abuse.
A lot of children help their parents on the farm. The white man will come here and call it child labour, thereby imposing restriction on agricultrual product from africa.

But it's ok for an 8 yr old kid lifting weight...do u know that kid could suffer a serious injury to her fragile bones. Professional weightlifters do get fractures despite their training not to talk of an 8 yr old kid. That's the definition of child abuse.

It is ok for an eight year old to be lifting weights when it is monitored by professionals in a safe and conducive environment. Your problem is you are too used with rubbish. Again, a 6 year old covered in oil is safe for you. Dude, your environment is dictating your mentality hence your argument.

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2020
CandyOps:

Shatap your mouth. define child abuse fess. in a short while that boy would be skilled enough to fend for himself. Almost everyone I know who went into trading or a skilled job while I was seeking admission is now a big guy. I wish I started earlier

Only if Nigerians knew how the Americans, British, Chinese, Japanese, Singaporean developed, they won’t call this child labor

Even in Germany it’s mandatory for them to have a vocational skill before being admitted to higher education

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Slavery - child labour
what a nation with wicked generational rulers,masses are suffering amidst plenty.They budget 13trillion yet dont aee any benefit for poor masse,everythin squandered in secrecy,pathetic! angry corona wil eat all of them up soon by and they wil no longer impoverish masses.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by 1Sharon(f): 11:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
This is fvcked up
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by 1Sharon(f): 11:04pm On Dec 26, 2020
Yadid:
When reason fails, emotions take over. People berating each other over the child, yet none has come out clearly to say what child abuse really is. Well, it is not child abuse for the kid to have taken up a vocation at 6, but that child is very prone to abuse with that vocation. More specifically, psychological and emotional abuse. Let's be real, we all know how vocation centres in Nigeria are being run. Even adults get abused, not to talk of a kid of 6.

Did I hear some people say the child is going to make it because he's learning a vocation early Lol. They must not know what they are talking about. Life is full of twists. That one is an early bloomer does not mean one will be a success in the final analysis. One can be a late bloomer and end up making it. They don't even know the child personally (his IQ and if he is even interested in that particular vocation or he's being forced to learn it) and they are concluding he's going to make it because he's learning something early. Quite hilarious.

Tell them. This little boy will bossed and pushed around in a way they wouldn't do to adults embarassed sad

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by 1Sharon(f): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2020
jaxxy:

If he combines this with skol or home tutoring it’s not exactly child abuse. Many 6 year olds are playing football now in order to go pro later. Everybody won’t be a banker. Lol

That makes it even worse. How the hell is he expected to pay attention to his school work after being forced to do hard labour for a job and being emotionally and physically abused??

Are those 6 year old forced into it? Are they doing it full time ?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by 1Sharon(f): 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

Only if Nigerians knew how the Americans, British, Chinese, Japanese, Singaporean developed, they won’t call this child labor

Even in Germany it’s mandatory for them to have a vocational skill before being admitted to higher education

And they outlawed child labour. Yall still have it till this day
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by SIRTee15: 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2020
banmee:

It is ok for an eight year old to be lifting weights when it is monitored by professionals in a safe and conducive environment. Your problem is you are too used with rubbish. Again, a 6 year old covered in oil is safe for you. Dude, your environment is dictating your mentality hence your argument.

If u think it's normal for an 8yr old girl to engage in 80kg weight lifting, then I have nothing more to say to u...
U are a Whiteman bootlicker.
Pls don't mention me again..I'll simply delete your mention.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by banmee(m): 11:44pm On Dec 26, 2020
SIRTee15:

If u think it's normal for an 8yr old girl to engage in 80kg weight lifting, then I have nothing more to say to u...
U are a Whiteman bootlicker.
Pls don't mention me again..I'll simply delete your mention.

What you are not used to is normality. Every normal country encourage their children to engage in fun safe activities. Not becoming apprentices as mechanics drenched in hazardous materials. You see, when you are immersed in a society where the absurd is a way of life what eventually happens is you become immune to it. Just like you are right now. It really not your fault. You are a product of your environment. I will pray for you to free yourself from this mental bondage.

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by goodheart02(m): 12:12am On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Trash...

But you will take the 6 year old year child on evangelism and that one is not child abuse..

Why trying to change this to a religious war What's actually wrong with people like u?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by saintruky(m): 12:39am On Dec 27, 2020
E clear say na Benji papa na get d workshop...

So make una no quarrel...
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Exodora: 2:14am On Dec 27, 2020
That child can't possibly be learning under anybody order than his father or relative .
My cousin is a mechanic too and he takes his 7 and 5 years boys to his workshop during the lockdown and holiday tooo.
At this age they just learn the names of tools and we all know we can't stop them from playing which brings us to why they look so dirty
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Cromagnon: 3:58am On Dec 27, 2020
capitalzero:
Child abuse
Too early
12 year is ok
Under the Nigerian Labour Law, there are two categories of apprentices; first, is the children apprentice between the ages of 12-16 years. This category of children can only be apprenticed to a master by their parents, or in the case of an orphan, by his guardian. The law officer shall appoint a fit and proper person to act on his behalf as guardian. The second category of apprentices comprise of young persons of sixteen years and above. The category of apprentices may lawfully apprentice themselves out to a master. From the provisions of the Labour Act, the minimum age at which a person can enter into apprenticeship is 12 years. This requirement allows for the child to obtain some basic formal education like primary school before entering into a apprenticeship to acquire vocational skills.
Source: Olulu et al.
will you feed the child for those 6yrs?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Cromagnon: 3:59am On Dec 27, 2020
capitalzero:

6 year is too early. I know how those ogas relate with kids of that age. If he is learning from his parent or relative it may be an exception. Parents can however enrol their children for apprenticeship from JS1 or 12 year old .
says who.will you feed the child till he is 18?
Why is js1 ok?
How will he survive till age 15?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Cromagnon: 4:00am On Dec 27, 2020
vickydankal:
This child abuse no matter who is teaching him. Allow the boy enjoy his time, play, eat , sleep and get schooled. Forcing this one to learn this mechanical work now through hard labor is abuse.
will you feed him while he is playing?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Cromagnon: 4:02am On Dec 27, 2020
Rich4god:

I no get your time... But if you get sense you go knw say when a child is involved in a physically demanding activity or work it's child abuse. That's why the UN is fully against child labour.

Like someone said up there... 6 years is too young for a child to he involved in such activity.
had the un solved any problem they're always chooking mouth into?
You will just be following oyinbo propaganda without thinking of the cost.
Na you go feed the child for 6yrs?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by jaxxy(m): 4:44am On Dec 27, 2020
1Sharon:

That makes it even worse. How the hell is he expected to pay attention to his school work after being forced to do hard labour for a job and being emotionally and physically abused??

Are those 6 year old forced into it? Are they doing it full time ?

Do u know the owner of coscharis he had similar upbringing. Most people with rosey upbringing don’t come out shining due to the comfort zone factor/mentality. Most from such zone don’t really push themselves beyond the status quo cos they are seemingly comfortable already. They are not very ambitious and if they are they don’t know how to go about cos of lack of challenges/inspiration born from hunger to achieve. A few break till mindset bt only a handful make any significant changes to what they met.

U see these guys from low backgrounds, the strugglers, the husslers their experience in that environment is their advantage when utilized and channeled well. U can’t buy it in the market or get it at Harvard. They are the ground breakers and pace setters when they excel.

Yes it’s not a beautiful picture to you bt a technically inclined person will see it differently. Many of the ground breakers even michael Jackson, Fela, tiger woods, the Williams sisters etc weren’t doing what the pairs where doing at their age u know? Eating ice cream all day. They were put in a condition environment either by circumstances or intentionally created for them.

I’m sure the persons/inventors who built Lamborghini, Porsche or Rolls Royce etc wasn’t watching tv and eating ice cream all day after school.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by balladin: 8:03am On Dec 27, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Slavery - child labour
If he's being trained and not making money for someone, then he's getting some kind of education. This should be encouraged. It's not chips labor.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Craig24: 8:13am On Dec 27, 2020
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by skedy1(m): 10:17am On Dec 27, 2020
backnbeta:
Thankfully, he goes to school and looks well-fed, I'm guessing he's with his parents. It's okay to start early if it doesn't interfere with his everyday life and does not affect his health. God bless our hustles undecided

Best comment so far

I'd wanted to type this even.

Good observation!
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by backnbeta(f): 10:26am On Dec 27, 2020
skedy1:

Best comment so far

I'd wanted to type this even.

Good observation!
Thanks cool

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 27, 2020
Stop promoting child exploitation on this forum, BTW that boy is 8 not 6.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 27, 2020
Craig24:

AKALAKA.

Introduce your own children first, see face like the joker character in dark knight.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Kcgeology: 10:38am On Dec 27, 2020
And ur electric cars wil be fixd by aliens i gues. The tech guys that fixd ur nokia torch are stil d ones fixin ur iphones now. U have,nt heard of evolution in trade.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by EM123: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Slavery - child labour
u don't know what u are saying , what ever that child learn now he will never forget it.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by EM123: 11:30am On Dec 27, 2020
capitalzero:

Why trash? Unless he is learning from his parent or relative, it is child abuse.
guy forget child abuse , nigeria alone is child abuse , and nigeria is survival of the fittest , as he has started it now it will not look like work to him when he growup and he will be more serious with the work , because he can be controlled by his oga .
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by EM123: 11:35am On Dec 27, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Catch them young!

A young entrepreneur, a future employer of labour!!!
thank u my sister

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by EM123: 11:39am On Dec 27, 2020
Dpharisee:
Child Labour, he should be out there playing in the sand or reading his books and not doing harmful job at such age wherein he inhales chemicals from engine, carbide from welded parts and hydraulic fumes.
This is forced career path, don't be surprised his passion is to become a medical doctor or a Farmer and not that forced labour.
This is not how Japan, China, Germany or USA raise great auto engineers.
The man is wrong to say he will be an expert in future because there is no job in Nigeria. By the time he comes of age, majority of cars will be electric vehicles using computerized scammers and robots
shortup u sabi book like dis na em u sidon for house after graduation
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Isabella199: 11:41am On Dec 27, 2020
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by EM123: 11:50am On Dec 27, 2020
capitalzero:

It is a privilege if the owner of that business is parent or relative or he is a child prodigy. Otherwise that child will be abused by his oga or seniors. Try to ask those artisans.
they will not abuse him , they will discipline him , to make him more serious on his training to avoid more discipline . In the starting it will be like punishment but when he becomes senior he will start enjoy the work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Free Carfax Reports: 5 Will Be Processed Today. / Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearboxes / ***HOTT!!!Very Good Car Upholstery Work***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.