Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,596 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures (54215 Views)

White Soul Motors, Where Taste Meets Class In Automobile / How Auto Mechanic Became A Millionaire After Reviewing Several Knock Engines / How Auto Mechanic Became A Millionaire After Reviewing Several Knock Engines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by capitalzero: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2020
frozen70:

This is just another way of abusing a child

This child would have been allowed to enjoy with his mates and read his books and also play with his age mates

Absolutely correct. The child is still in his formative year.
He should be exposed to multiple interests at that age. In decades to come , he would realise he did not enjoy his childhood when his mates are sharing their experiences. Childhood is too short to miss!!!!

@Juliusmalema
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by rafcrown(m): 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2020
At a very tender age I was also assigned to a mechanic but the company said that I was too young for the job.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Ogaonos: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
iamloyalty:

Adult do have accident too during work. It has nothing to do with age.
hmm no need to argue with u is a waste of time thanks for Ur opinion
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Rich4god(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2020
mu2sa2:
There's too much hypocrisy these days. If the boy's learning to play the piano or golf he will be called infant genius. But if he goes to farm or on apprenticeship that's ogbonge child abuse!
Guy think it through. So u knw the hazard involved in been a mechanic. Do u think all those chemicals such as greases, petrol and soot that comes out of the engine is friendly to the body. There are somethings one can do as a kid. Those mentioning football and tennis, sports are more like recreational activities and aids in brain development. Those that said kids are doing robotics, all those stuff are not done in hazard environment like this one the kid is doing.

Understand the difference. If a kid playing piano and making money out of it is different from when a kid is hawking food items along the road. People will applaud the kid playing piano, but won't be happy with the one hawking food. But both of them are making money. Understand the difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by capitalzero: 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2020
Okuda:

what makes you think 12 is not too early if you think 6 is also too early?

Do you know what is called formative year?
In uk , you can only enrol a child for apprenticeship at 16.
Children can learn many life skills/values under the care of the parents. Many things are involved to be successful in life not just acquiring skills to be a mechanic.
@Juliusmalema
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by capitalzero: 7:53pm On Dec 26, 2020
Rich4god:
Guy think it through. So u knw the hazard involved in been a mechanic. Do u think all those chemicals such as greases, petrol and soot that comes out of the engine is friendly to the body. There are somethings one can do as a kid. Those mentioning football and tennis, sports are more like recreational activities and aids in brain development. Those that said kids are doing robotics, all those stuff are not done in hazard environment like this one the kid is doing.

Understand the difference. If a kid playing piano and making money out of it is different from when a kid is hawking food items along the road. People will applaud the kid playing piano, but won't be happy with the one hawking food. But both of them are making money. Understand the difference.

Lovely explanation!!!
@Juliusmalema
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by bepositive11: 7:56pm On Dec 26, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Slavery - child labour

Don't be quick to judge. Some children go to work because they are the sole providers of their family. If those children lose their jobs, they won't be able to support themselves and their families. The question is, why is he working at this age in the first place?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by KosiGee(m): 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2020
SIRTee15:

So what do u have to say about this...
https://www.nairaland.com/6305548/rory-van-strongest-girl-world
Btw this is Canada..

Same category. I didn’t think things like this should be happening. This with the Chinese way of building teenage gymnasts.

My problem with the young mechanic is the environment, his health and over all development.

The main issue is health and safety. Is the child safe practising? Is he/she engaged in such activities with his/her peers? Is his/her health at risk?

My personal opinion is that the young girl above shouldn’t be lifting 30kg above her head...is she practising and competing with her mates or with adult?

Someone asked if a child going on evangelism should be classed as child abuse?.....if such a child is a member of Jehovah witness and they have to walk miles endlessly knocking on people’s doors with such a child, I think there’s something wrong with that....my opinion.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Okuda(m): 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:

Do you know what is called formative year?
In uk , you can only enrol a child for apprenticeship at 16.
Children can learn many life skills/values under the care of the parents. Many things are involved to be successful in life not just acquiring skills to be a mechanic.
@Juliusmalema

you are not in the uk. serena williams and her sister started playing Tennis at the age of 4 and turned pro 10years later. is this not the same case? abi wetin dey different inside. as lomg as the child is not exposed to any condition or situation that impair s theur formative years as you said such as lack of food, love, family, exposure to other things and physical and mental disadvantages then there is nothing wrong with this. as you can see they said the boy is going to school.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by EmekaA125(m): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2020
vickydankal:
This child abuse no matter who is teaching him. Allow the boy enjoy his time, play, eat , sleep and get schooled. Forcing this one to learn this mechanical work now through hard labor is abuse.
Shut up your mouth. It's better he's tutored on becoming a man tomorrow than playing or whirling away his time.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by banmee(m): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2020
SIRTee15:

Western countries do worse with kids...but hide under early childhood development to perpetrate all forms of rubbish.
But will be quick to condemn 10 yr old African kids helping their parents on cocoa farm.
Or how do u explain a 7yr old kid lifting 80kg weight in the name of what...
I'm pretty sure u won't condemn it.

There's nothing wrong with a kid learning skills in a mechanic workshop so long as he's supervised n not for exploitation or labour.

I honestly do not understand why you people are comparing apples to eggs. Even with everything you know about the country you were born in you still find ways to justify the unjustifiable. It's a mystery to me why you all complain about the country.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Donjazzy12(m): 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

How is that child abuse?

If he was doing an internship in a bank, will you call it child abuse?

If he was learning how to play piano or how to swim at that age, will you call it child abuse?
Don't mind the idiots. Even UN is mad!
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by capitalzero: 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Trash...

But you will take the 6 year old year child on evangelism and that one is not child abuse..

It is child labour and abuse

Under the Nigerian Labour Law, there are two categories of apprentices; first, is the children apprentice between the ages of 12-16 years. This category of children can only be apprenticed to a master by their parents, or in the case of an orphan, by his guardian. The law officer shall appoint a fit and proper person to act on his behalf as guardian. The second category of apprentices comprise of young persons of sixteen years and above. The category of apprentices may lawfully apprentice themselves out to a master. From the provisions of the Labour Act, the minimum age at which a person can enter into apprenticeship is 12 years. This requirement allows for the child to obtain some basic formal education like primary school before entering into a apprenticeship to acquire vocational skills.
Source : Olulu et al
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2020
I was in this market this morning . This is wonderful . M

@ Op pls help him achieve and actualize his goal in life .

that una TEXTILE mill ROAD sha . make GOVERNOR pay attention to that ROAD pls
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by capitalzero: 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2020
Most people supporting abuse of that child are not aware of nigeria labour law and they called themselves educated fellows.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by capitalzero: 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2020
Donjazzy12:

Don't mind the idiots. Even UN is mad!
Do you know l what labour law says about child apprenticeship?
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by capitalzero: 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Trash...

But you will take the 6 year old year child on evangelism and that one is not child abuse..
Is evangelism considered as a form of labour under law?
I think you need to get a copy of Nigeria labour law before spitting trash!!!
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by cho25bc(f): 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2020
AprokoGirl:
Shared with Caption ...

Source: https://www./430714610456993/permalink/1734812296713878

Child abuse,. He is too small to be stressed mentally,except if his master is his father

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Easypro: 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2020
This is Child abuse...
I know what it is to do a mechanic job. very stressful and can leave your body pained for days. That is what this young kid is subjected to. Human Right Activist, Come and see ooh.

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Bsideboi(m): 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
He go grind valve taya
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by SIRTee15: 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:

Is evangelism considered as a form of labour under law?
I think you need to get a copy of Nigeria labour law before spitting trash!!!

So long as that child is under the supervision of her parents, not in form of harm or carrying out any task that could be deleterious to his health or beyond what is expexted of a 6 yr old child; and also not in any form of labour or exploitation, there is no child abuse or child labour.
Millions of children assist their parents in shops or the farm in nigeria. How many have been arrested or prosecuted....none, because it's neither child abuse nor child labour.
U are the one who should go and learn the proper definition of child labour/abuse.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by SIRTee15: 9:19pm On Dec 26, 2020
banmee:

I honestly do not understand why you people are comparing apples to eggs. Even with everything you know about the country you were born in you still find ways to justify the unjustifiable. It's a mystery to me why you all complain about the country.

See them...already giving excuse for child abuse in white man's country, but quick to bear their fang on the ones on nigeria.
A girl that would have gone thru brutal training n torture b4 she could lift a weight obviously beyond her capability and age...U comparing to a boy learning life skills in his parents workshop.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Jalo60(m): 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
6 year old fah?? confirmed chil abuse. wicked parent.

1 Like

Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by capitalzero: 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2020
SIRTee15:

So long as that child is under the supervision of her parents, not in form of harm or carrying out any task that could be deleterious to his health or beyond what is expexted of a 6 yr old child; and also not in any form of labour or exploitation, there is no child abuse or child labour.
Millions of children assist their parents in shops or the farm in nigeria. How many have been arrested or prosecuted....none, because it's neither child abuse nor child labour.
U are the one who should go and learn the proper definition of child labour/abuse.

Under the Nigerian Labour Law, there are two categories of apprentices; first, is the children apprentice between the ages of 12-16 years. This category of children can only be apprenticed to a master by their parents, or in the case of an orphan, by his guardian. The law officer shall appoint a fit and proper person to act on his behalf as guardian. The second category of apprentices comprise of young persons of sixteen years and above. The category of apprentices may lawfully apprentice themselves out to a master. From the provisions of the Labour Act, the minimum age at which a person can enter into apprenticeship is 12 years. This requirement allows for the child to obtain some basic formal education like primary school before entering into a apprenticeship to acquire vocational skills.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 26, 2020
If it is his father who owns the garage, no problem, I used turn up at my uncles mechanic workshop, Helping to change plugs and drain oil from engine, thight bottom plate and sandpaper,, pistons, connecting rods and metals. I loved it. I wished a carry on, not that i haven't done well in life.

That child will acquire one of the best skills in handi work.

What if he was helping to count bundles of cash in his father's shop, would that be child abuse? I don't think so.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by CALCULUS16: 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2020
Most children whose parents push into learning mechanic are mostly dullard... I remember one student I was teaching then.. He was 9 but in primary two, I thought him Aa-Zz for 7 months, all my effort was in vain cos he could only recognise only the first four and the last four letters , so to say! It was at this time, his parents took him to one mechanic shop to be learning, eveytime, this boy always look dirtier and darker, you would think this boy can jack a car, He gave his master serious headache, when asked to bring spanner, he would bring hammer, till now he is still learning.
In south west, that's the mentality of most average parents , if u head dull for school u go learn mechanic not knowing that automobile mechanic is not for an empty skull.
But for this little boy at this age, its child abuse!
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2020
Why the boy come resemble you like this eh!! Pls just adopt him if madam does not mind.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by vickydankal(f): 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
EmekaA125:

Shut up your mouth. It's better he's tutored on becoming a man tomorrow than playing or whirling away his time.

Oga this is an online forum where everyone is allowed to air their views, why will tell me to shut up my mouth.

Meanwhile, there’s a big difference between learning and suffering. God forbids your child to be 6 while learning mechanic.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by banmee(m): 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2020
SIRTee15:

See them...already giving excuse for child abuse in white man's country, but quick to bear their fang on the ones on nigeria.
A girl that would have gone thru brutal training n torture b4 she could lift a weight obviously beyond her capability and age...U comparing to a boy learning life skills in his parents workshop.

If this was Germany, I promise you I will not say a word because I know that whatever life skills as you put it won't be exploitative but you and I know that is not the case in that zoo you call a country. The fact you see a 6 year old kid plastered in Hazmat does not even phase you. Why? Because that is the limit of your experience. You don't know any better so you'd rather justify your ignorance.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by SIRTee15: 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2020
capitalzero:

Assisting your parents is not apprenticeship. I started ff my mum to her chemist shop right from 8 yrs. I wasn't under any form of apprenticeship, but I assisted her in the shop to clean, arrange supplies, do mini errands n sometimes serve customers under her supervision. I was in primary 5.
Re: Man Meets A 6-Year-Old Auto Mechanic In Benin - Pictures by SIRTee15: 9:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
banmee:

If this was Germany, I promise you I will not say a word because I know that whatever life skills as you put it won't be exploitative but you and I know that is not the case in that zoo you call a country. The fact you see a 6 year old kid plastered in Hazmat does not even phase you. Why? Because that is the limit of your experience. You don't know any better so you'd rather justify your ignorance.

I already addressed the sanitation n the deleterious environment at work place...not only for the child but everyone working in the workshop...read my previous post.
My focus is learning life skills under his parents supervision. This is good practice and should be encouraged.
Not everything that doesn't conform to white man's standard is child abuse.
A lot of children help their parents on the farm. The white man will come here and call it child labour, thereby imposing restriction on agricultrual product from africa.

But it's ok for an 8 yr old kid lifting weight...do u know that kid could suffer a serious injury to her fragile bones. Professional weightlifters do get fractures despite their training not to talk of an 8 yr old kid. That's the definition of child abuse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Free Carfax Reports: 5 Will Be Processed Today. / Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearboxes / ***HOTT!!!Very Good Car Upholstery Work***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.