Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,238 members, 7,957,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:46 PM

When You Feel Too Important. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When You Feel Too Important. (2254 Views)

Help!!! I Feel Too Dirty / How Simps Are Making Girls Feel Too Special. (picture) / I Feel Too Attached In A Relationship. How Do I Get Over It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Feel Too Important. by Toks2008(m): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2020
I chose to drop this quick one with the above title cos there is no better way for me to caption it. Have you ever received a message from a friend or family member accusing you that you don't call?, have you ever called or texted a friend or family and then you hear words like ''so it is now you remember me....?''

I viewed a WhatsApp status yesterday and i was blown away by a video of a lady practically asking people who don't usually call or text her throughout the year not to bother sending her Christmas Greetings and i began to wonder...

1.How many of our friends or family member can we remember considering the fact that we all have personal issues we are dealing with?

2. How many of the ones we remember can we possibly call or chat with on regular basis?

3. Don't you think they have a reason to accuse you of the same negligence?

4. And since you have their number what stops you from also calling or texting them?

5. Do you have any idea of the struggles and challenges the people you accuse of neglecting you are passing through?

The point is that It is perfectly OK if you don't fancy calling people or checking up on them but just don't pick offense with anyone if you are given the same treatment.

We all are very important in many ways but there is a very thin line between having a sense of self worth and a subliminal inflated sense of self importance.

Some people also have this bloated feeling of importance when they feel they have attained a certain status or in certain position that could easily make them feel they are better than others even when they relate with old mates or friends.

This feeling can also creep in if you feel you are doing someone a favour and you expect the person to be practically subservient to you.

What about the Blockers that are too quick to block people off from their social media or offline over matters that can be easily resolved or guys and ladies who expect their partners to dance to their tunes or risk losing them.?

And what about those who send people messages and get angry if they don't get a quick response, those who call and get pissed if their calls are not answered.. Or those who post on social media and get bothered if they don't get likes, views or comments? I guess they probably feel too important not to get the level of attention they want... And ironically, most people with this mind-set hardly like, share or comment on other people's posts.

The world does not revolve around anyone and no matter who you think you are, anybody except GOD is dispensable.

Let us Humble ourselves.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Henrywalker: 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2020
Forget it, nobody even sent or wished me happy birthday on my last birthday, though I didn't post on social media. And no one sent me happy Christmas yesterday. But I'm still alive, breathing and ready for tommorow.
One of the ways that you can unknowingly hurt yourself is by being too concerned about what other people think about you. Just try to be independent, live your life the way you want and never let anyone trap you in his/her box (because when you are trapped, you'll be easily influenced by their choices and actions).
And finally, never take anyone or anything (even life itself) more serious than they deserve!!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Shortyy(f): 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2020
Everyone has got one thing or the other on their minds. Maybe they'd want to be alone as at that time if you feel they're not adding anything to your life, block them and move on.

No need for nagging. I really hate that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2020
I stopped seeking people's validation a long time ago, if u like reason me nah your problem

I only famz who famz me
Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Toks2008(m): 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2020
Lalasticlala Happy boxing day.
Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Missyajoke(f): 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
You're right100%, I use to make my hair at a woman's place just because she's a friend so one day I saw a better place where I can make my hair at a cheaper rate and I stopped making hair at her place and ever since then she stopped replying my greetings though this does not relate to what you're talking about but in life one must learn to please his/herself don't try to please anybody at the end of the day you'll be the Judge whether those you do good to actually love you.

Never feel bad because someone didn't reply your messages cause lots of things might have happened or they had a bad day and they forgot. OP things like this makes people feel ignored thereby becoming depressed. OP you can chose to react or just ignore.
Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Toks2008(m): 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2020
Missyajoke:
You're right100%, I use to make my hair at a woman's place just because she's a friend so one day I saw a better place where I can make my hair at a cheaper rate and I stopped making hair at her place and ever since then she stopped replying my greetings though this does not relate to what you're talking about but in life one must learn to please his/herself don't try to please anybody at the end of the day you'll be the Judge whether those you do good to actually love you.

Never feel bad because someone didn't reply your messages cause lots of things might have happened or they had a bad day and they forgot. OP things like this makes people feel ignored thereby becoming depressed. OP you can chose to react or just ignore.

It relates with the subject.

Anybody is dispensable.
Re: When You Feel Too Important. by virginprincess(f): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2020
Op you are right, i called my cousin sister one day, she was like so you manage to remember me today what happen? me sef i was like if i don't call, don't you call, i don't honestly know why people carry themselves, do you know if i don't have airtime, mtcheeeeeeeeew.
Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Missyajoke(f): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
Toks2008:

It relates with the subject.

Anybody is dispensable.

cool cool cool
Sometimes people's attitude will annoy someone but choosing to ignore shows you're more matured than the individual.
Re: When You Feel Too Important. by yomi007k(m): 8:23pm On Dec 26, 2020
Toks2008 you dont create threads anymore on nairaland and for that I am not reading this thread.

Watch how this will affect your bank account balance. tongue

1 Like

Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Toks2008(m): 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2020
yomi007k:
Toks2008 you dont create threads anymore on nairaland and for that I am not reading this thread.

Watch how this will affect your bank account balance. tongue

Lol!

I just tire jare. E no easy to dey create threads for over 10years...

2 Likes

Re: When You Feel Too Important. by yomi007k(m): 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2020
Toks2008:

Lol!

I just tire jare. E no easy to dey create threads for over 10years...

I believe you bro. E no easy at all.

Compliments of the Season

2 Likes

Re: When You Feel Too Important. by babatunji91185: 12:25am On Dec 27, 2020
Toks2008 you dont create threads anymore on nairaland and for that I am not reading this thread.Watch how this will affect your bank account balance.
Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Toks2008(m): 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2020
babatunji91185:
Toks2008 you dont create threads anymore on nairaland and for that I am not reading this thread.Watch how this will affect your bank account balance.

Lol!

1 Like

Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Jodha1(f): 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2020
WhatsApp status is an avenue for people to say all kinds of rubbish....

Because somebody wishes yhu a merry Christmas doesn't mean the person wants to come back to yhur life...

There's nobody that cannot be replaced...
Re: When You Feel Too Important. by IamFINESSE: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
Henrywalker:
Forget it, nobody even sent or wished me happy birthday on my last birthday, though I didn't post on social media. And no one sent me happy Christmas yesterday. But I'm still alive, breathing and ready for tommorow.
One of the ways that you can unknowingly hurt yourself is by being too concerned about what other people think about you. Just try to be independent, live your life the way you want and never let anyone trap you in his/her box (because when you are trapped, you'll be easily influenced by their choices and actions).
And finally, never take anyone or anything (even life itself) more serious than they deserve!!!

COMMENT OF THE YEAR

2 Likes

Re: When You Feel Too Important. by xxxXXXxxx: 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
This write up is very deep.
Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Houseofglam7(f): 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
The earlier one learns that he/she is indispensable, the humbler they'll become
Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Toks2008(m): 10:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Houseofglam7:
The earlier one learns that he/she is indispensable, the humbler they'll become

Lalasticlala do you agree?

1 Like

Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Deicide: 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2021
virginprincess:
Op you are right, i called my cousin sister one day, she was like so you manage to remember me today what happen? me sef i was like if i don't call, don't you call, i don't honestly know why people carry themselves, do you know if i don't have airtime, mtcheeeeeeeeew.
grin This one pain you. Good thing you finally let it out, we have heard. Now breath in and breath out cool
Re: When You Feel Too Important. by Nobody: 1:38am On Mar 01, 2021
Immature and entitlement mentality.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Two Female SHS Students Fights Nak*ed Over A Boy. / Share Your Coincidence Meeting Story / My Mother Lie And How It Helped my mental health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.