Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) (4968 Views)

The Igbo Man Doesn't Kneel For Anybody Except His 'CHI'- Abaribe; Why Jonathan V / Man Who Criticised Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 Visits Him,begs Him For Forgiveness / Fayose names presidential lodge in Ekiti after Goodluck Jonathan, people reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by sullybee(m): 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2020
I saw this online and I just have to repost it. Let us call a spade a spade and not a farm implement. God bless us all

GOODLUCK JONATHAN V MUHAMMADU BUHARI.
THE REAL SITUATION OF THINGS. - Chidi Cali.

1. External Debt Profile.
a. Goodluck Jonathan in May 2015 = 9.4 billion USD.
b. Buhari in December 2019 = 27 billion USD April 2020. Expected to rise to 34.1 billion in Dec 2020.
Source: Debt Management Office (DMO)

2. Annual GDP Growth Rate
a. Goodluck Jonathan in 2014 = 6.31%
b. Buhari in 2018 = 1.94%
Source: World Bank

3. Foreign Reserves
a. Jonathan in 2014 = 37.2 billion USD
b. Buhari in 2020 = 35.7 billion USD Oct (Expected to drop to 23.3 billion USD by December 2020)
Source: Fitch Ratings.

4. Foreign Currency Exchange Rate
a. Jonathan in 2014 = 1 USD:171 NGN
b. Buhari in 2020 = 1 USD: 480 NGN
Source: Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)

5. Inflation and Consumer Prices (Annual)
a. Jonathan in 2014 = 8.05%
b. Buhari in 2020 = 13.4%
Sources: World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF)

6. Average Unemployment Rate.
a. Jonathan in 1st quarter of 2015 = 7.54%
b. Buhari in 3rd quarter of 2018 = 23.12%
Source: National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).

7. Corruption Perception Index
a. Jonathan in 2014 = 136/198
b. Buhari in 2019 = 146/180
Source: Transparency International

8. Prices of Goods.
a. Goodluck Jonathan in 2014
(i) Petrol = N87.00 per liter
(ii) Rice = N7,400 per bag (Thailand)
b. Buhari in 2020
(i) Petrol = N162.44 per liter
(ii) Rice = N34,000 (Nigerian)
Sources: Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) and Personal experience. Commodity market

9. Actual Electricity Generation.
a. Jonathan in 4th quarter of 2015 = 9,936 GWh
b. Buhari in 3rd quarter of 2020 = 8.034 GWh
Source: Ceicdata

10. Budgetary Allocations of Critical Sectors
a. Jonathan in 2014
(i) Education =10.6%
(ii) Agriculture = 1.4%
(iii) Health = 6%
(iv) Works = 2.8%
(v) Power = 1.3%
(vi) Defence = 7.3%
(vii) Police = 6.5%
b. Buhari in 2020
(i) Education = 0.66%
(ii) Agriculture = 0.82%
(iii) Health = 0.64%
(iv) Works and Housing = 3.63%
(v) Power = 1.76%
(vi) Defence = 13.5%
(vii) Police = 5.4%
Sources: BudgIT and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)

11. Annual Conflict Displacement
a. Jonathan in 2014 = 1.2 million in IDPs, 1.8 million new displacements
b. Buhari in 2019 = 2.3 million people in IDPs, 2.6 million new displacements. 4.9 million in 2020.
Source: International Displacement Monitoring Center (IDMC).

12. No of states under Occupation or Attack by Terrorists.
a) Jonathan: 3 states and selected attach in Abuja and Kano.
b) Buhari: All the 36 states are under attack, Abuja including ASO Rock are unsafe. All the highways are controlled by Boko Haram, Herdsmen, Bandits, Kidnappers and Militias.

13. Global Oil Prices
a. Jonathan, highest = 109.4 USD in 2012, closing = 49.49 in May 2015.
b. Buhari, highest = 77.41 USD in 2018, current = 51.3 in December 2020.
c. Obasanjo, highest = 69.04 USD in 2007, lowest = 17.44 in 1999. This administration is added because of those who are creating excuses about low oil prices to justify non performance.
Source: Statista OPEC Oil Prices 1960-2020.

14. Poverty
a. Jonathan. 2012-2014 Nigeria attended 85% in food sufficiency. Storages were built to preserve food stuffs for rainy days.
b. Buhari. Nigeria was named poverty capital of world, overtaking India, Sudan, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Yemen and Syria.

15. Economic Outlook.
a. Goodluck Jonathan. 2014, Nigeria was the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world. The number one investment destination in African.
b. Buhari. 2020, Nigeria is the 49th fastest growing economy in the world and number 23 investment destination in Africa.

16. The Real Situation.
a. Goodluck Jonathan. Nigeria had a president. Visible and speaks to Nigerians and the International community.
b. Buhari. Nigeria have a president that is only visible on Newspapers, Television and pre-recorded speeches. Governance taken over by pockets of rogue minded cabals with the objective of washing and drying up Nigerian resources and investing and transferring the remaining to Nigèr Republic and fringe countries.
- @Chidi Cali.

19 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by CodeTemplar: 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2020
Nice idea especially as bubu and co like comparison to GEJ more than anything else.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2020
APC imbéciles, food is ready. Please come and dispute these lies grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Nice idea especially as bubu and co like comparison to GEJ more than anything else.
grin dem must see facts and figures by force grin where yarimo dey sef

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Simplyleo: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2020
Heap of dogshit. cheesy

If that is the case, can you also provide same comparison between Jonathan and Obj or between Abacha and OBJ?

Eg, what is exchange rate and cost of a bag of rice during Abacha regime?

Pretty sure same statistics will be hugely in favour of Abacha and as such we assume Abacha is better than all the president that succeeded him. cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2020
Funny, and selective. Op easily forgets kidnapping was rife during GEJ, and he forgets Nigerian money in ghanamustgoes and soakaways.

Oh, how I wish Jonathan had won a second term so Nigerians could have seen where we were heading.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by sullybee(m): 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2020
Simplyleo:
Heap of dogshit. cheesy

OP, can you also provide same comparison between Jonathan and Obj or between Abacha and OBJ?

Pretty sure same statistics will be hugely in favour of Abacha and as such we assume Abacha is better than all the president that succeeded him. cheesy

Thanks for this question, to the best of my understanding, we are experiencing the worst form of government now, every president that has rule nigeria has been better than what we have now, I don’t have facts on abacha but I know in terms of the economy, he was far better than what we have now. Thanks

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by blackboy(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
May this government be the worst Nigeria will ever have. We thought GEJ government was bad but not the worst but this....
Next must be better than GEJ, OBJ and Yaradua.
Comparing any government with this government is an ingredient of failure and disaster. It also will be like a student comparing herself with another student who is a D or F student.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by sullybee(m): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2020
budaatum:
Funny, and selective. Op easily forgets kidnapping was rife during GEJ, and he forgets Nigerian money in ghanamustgoes and soakaways.

Oh, how I wish Jonathan had won a second term so Nigerians could have seen where we were heading.

Ask yourself the honest question, has the stealing/ corruption stopped.? People in government has been stealing since we started ruling ourself, up to buhari tenor, we have agency that at lease go after some to get our money back but now, even EFCC Dey steal.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Simplyleo: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
sullybee:

Thanks for this question, to the best of my understanding, we are experiencing the worst form of government now, every president that has rule nigeria has been better than what we have now, I don’t have facts on abacha but I know in terms of the economy, he was far better than what we have now. Thanks
Meaning there is no basis for comparison between succeeding administrations in view what is referred to as Global Inflation.

There was a time the naira exchanged for 2 dollars.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by sullybee(m): 3:22pm On Dec 28, 2020
budaatum:

Kidnapping is now a full time business. Kidnapping was not this terrible during Jonathan. Let’s be truthful

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
sullybee:

You must be very young and have only lived through very few Nigerian presidents.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2020
sullybee:

Kidnapping is now a full time business. Kidnapping was not this terrible during Jonathan. Let’s be truthful
Seriously? People were afraid to travel to Nigeria during GEJ!

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
LiesSlayer007:
embarassed shut da stupid hypocritical mouth up you kid. so you are no more comparing Goodluck and buhari again.
idiot!
To be honest with you, it is you who sounds like the stupid kid.

A mature intelligent person would make their point without the juvenile insults.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Jostoman: 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
grin dem must see facts and figures by force grin where yarimo dey sef
you will never see him on this kind of thread.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
sullybee:

Ask yourself the honest question, has the stealing/ corruption stopped.? People in government has been stealing since we started ruling ourself, up to buhari tenor, we have agency that at lease go after some to get our money back but now, even EFCC Dey steal.
I think stealing has reduced because there is better oversight and less to steal. I also think corruption has increased since Nigerians now seem to have accepted it as the norm.

Do note that corruption is when I pay a bribe.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by HenryThegreat1(m): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2020
Hmm
These points strong shall.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by LiesSlayer007: 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2020
budaatum:

To be honest with you, it is you who sounds like the stupid kid.

A mature intelligent person would make their point without the juvenile insults.
a mature intelligent would not be so stupid to support evil. you and your fellow hypocrites shouted change,yet every small thing,you will be comparing GEJ and Buhari,now we want to help you compare you are crying, nonsense!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Realtord43: 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
BUHARI TRASH

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by angelEmade: 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
OP please don't ever compare Buhari to Goodluck again...they are far apart. Good luck is a blessing to this nation...funny how many people still fail to realize this. maybe when bandits gets to their family house their head go dey alright....

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Jostoman: 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
budaatum:

Seriously? People were afraid to travel to Nigeria during GEJ!
so people are now happy to travel to Nigeria under buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
LiesSlayer007:
a mature intelligent would not be so stupid to support evil. you and your fellow hypocrites shouted change,yet every small thing,you will be comparing GEJ and Buhari,now we want to help you compare you are crying, nonsense!
No one says do not compare. I compare everyday, and must say I am glad we got rid of the crooks under Jonathan who robbed our nation without fear and the change delights me.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2020
Jostoman:
so people are now happy to travel to Nigeria under buhari.
Less fearful of being kidnapped, at least.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by clacicar: 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2020
I can't even imagine anyone thinking this present administration is better than the former. The difference is clear.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by BafanaBafana: 3:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
If you supported Jonathan in 2015, you are no different from those supporting Buhari now

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by LiesSlayer007: 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2020
budaatum:

No one says do not compare. I compare everyday, and must say I am glad we got rid of the crooks under Jonathan who robbed our nation without fear and the change delights me.
embarassed embarassed so it was under Jonathan that snake swallowed money? so it was under Jonathan that rat ate 36 million?, so it was under Jonathan that someone used 750 million naira to cut a non existent grass and would later ask who is the presidency?
is under Jonathan that accountant general office got burnt right?
O da bi pe nkan n si ee

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by ivandragon: 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2020
GEJ did not perform up to expectations, but PMB is an unmitigated disaster.

7 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by cassbeat(m): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2020
budaatum:

Still too blind to see that Nigeria will have been better than it was during his first term.... Jokes on y'all Bubu supporters FC

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Dangote Refinery fertilizer Plant To Ensure Energy, Food Security / Cattle Dealers On Strike Starting Monday / Pastor Okotie Blasts Jonathan Over Soccer Ban Reversal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.