Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) (4991 Views)

The Igbo Man Doesn't Kneel For Anybody Except His 'CHI'- Abaribe; Why Jonathan V / Man Who Criticised Goodluck Jonathan In 2015 Visits Him,begs Him For Forgiveness / Fayose names presidential lodge in Ekiti after Goodluck Jonathan, people reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Simplyleo: 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2020
[s]
Edojoma:

Who is ur first democratic president??

U sure say u attend secondary school so??
So u don't no OBJ ruled as both military n democratic president..

Chai,, u must b from d north
[/s]
Get the heck outta my mention with this bullshit.

So Buhari rules only as a democratic president?

What is this one doing in my mention for God's sake?

Yes, I didn't attend primary school and I'm from the remotest hamlet from the North, and so what?

A human being with working brain will effortlessly know which of OBJ administration is being referred to.

But I know there is no difference between a bag of stone and drum of akpu in terms of intelligence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by yarimo(m): 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2020
Kepler453:
grin You get beef with yarimo? Coz na u make me sabi the name sef grin grin I hope he's not one of Buhari's stooges

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Edojoma(m): 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

Yes, I didn't attend primary school and I'm from the remotest hamlet from the North, and so what?

A human being with working brain will effortlessly know which of OBJ administration is being referred to.

But I know there is no difference between a bag of stone and drum of akpu in terms of intelligence.

Y are u angry now...
grin grin grin grin grin

I no its a tedious job for those of u defending buhari.. U must sell ur sanity b4 doing it...

Hope u ain't doing all dez for 30k??

Joke apart,, my brother, deep within u, u no buhari is d worst amongst d 3.. Don't lie to ursef or lie with oil prices....

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Simplyleo: 10:18pm On Dec 28, 2020
[s]
Edojoma:

Y are u angry now...
grin grin grin grin grin

I no its a tedious job for those of u defending buhari.. U must sell ur sanity b4 doing it...

Hope u ain't doing all dez for 30k??

Joke apart,, my brother, deep within u, u no buhari is d worst amongst d 3.. Don't lie to ursef or lie with oil prices....

[/s]
There he goes with the usual incoherence.

Talking banana in a topic of orange.

Yes, is all because of 30k.

Now crawl outta my mention.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by kevwemike: 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
Why are u comparing light and darkness, good and evil.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Dmano: 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2020
Those that are comparing lights and darkness do not get sense,as we speak anything associated with evil is happening now in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by lexuswagon: 12:07am On Dec 29, 2020
budaatum:

In your big mind, is as much being stolen now than then?

Is there even as much to steal now as there was then, in your big mind?
may your life and family's be managed the same way buhari has managed this country, say amen to this prayer and I will accept all you have said about this government.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 12:12am On Dec 29, 2020
lexuswagon:
may your life and family's be managed the same way buhari has managed this country, say amen to this prayer and I will accept all you have said about this government.
Buhari called you wailers lazy fuqs. How the heck can my Iife and family be managed the same way Buhari manages lazy fuqs? Is my family full of lazy fuqs who leave it to be managed by Buhari do you think?

Trust me when I say you make me laugh. Amen. Lol.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 12:40am On Dec 29, 2020
Kepler453:
So stealing public funds and displaying nepotism isn't corruption abi. Young man if you no sabi argue no argue at all
Younger man, can you not read? I do not argue or better still, discuss, with people who can't seem to read and make baseless assertions!

You have no evidence Buhari is stealing public funds, and to be honest with you, I too would be corruptly nepotic if I were President. You Nigerians can scream all you want but my Yoruba tribe will insist I give them more jobs than I give Fulanis, Hausas, Igbos and all other tribes put together and my village people would do much worse if I don't.

Do know that I will be being corrupt by so doing. If you want a saint elect one instead of wailing like a child!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Adekdammy: 2:21am On Dec 29, 2020
Worst govt ever in the history of the country.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Adekdammy: 2:22am On Dec 29, 2020
Buhari's govt is the worst in the history of the country.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Sirjamo: 4:12am On Dec 29, 2020
Edojoma:

Dats y dat of Obasanjo was added.. Read to understand.. His own was way lower dan dat of buhari
So, You can survive today on your income of 20 years ago?

Obasanjo minimum wage 5500 Buhari 18000

Obj population 120m Buhari 200m

Beside, Why didn't you compare life under obj with your beloved Jonathan? Jonathan had the highest revenue in Nigeria's history, plus the $60b reserves Yar adua left for him, he destroyed everything and his finance minister sounded the first alarm. Maybe she was the first Zombie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by 217seventeen: 5:33am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

Shouting "zombie" in all comments doesn't make you intelligent. It only shows the lack of substance.

Are OBJ and Jonathan administration military or pre military?

Now, you that is not a zombie, can't you see the shallowness in the rubbish you typed?

Besides, since it is about comparison of strength of the naira, isn't it appropriate to flashback to all administration to see which is better?

Mr non zombie, next time, get the proper organs in position before displaying ignorance on a public forum.
[/s]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by 217seventeen: 5:43am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by 217seventeen: 5:48am On Dec 29, 2020
[s][quote author=yarimo post=97509535][/quote][/s]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by 217seventeen: 5:49am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

There he goes with the usual incoherence.

Talking banana in a topic of orange.

Yes, is all because of 30k.

Now crawl outta my mention.
[/s]
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 29, 2020
In responding to this post, the OP is right to say that Buhari is not a good economic manager.

Nigeria needs to genuinely deregulate our petroleum, and power sector so that enough investment can flow in and really prop up our economy. We also need to improve secuirty...because as far as I can see, there is no security strategy for this country at all. And we also need to really fight corruption, and use the money saved from deregulation in funding education.

That's what we should be ctriticisng Buhari for....but because it means we pay higher for power and petrol, we don't want to do that.

And comparing him with GEJ misses the point. Our economy was good under GEJ because oil prices were high enough,. meaning we had enough dollars flfowing into the economy to slow down the fall of the naira, and to continue our over-importing ways...and to waste on subsidisng the power sector as well. That's why under GEJ, our reserves went down from $60 billion to $32 billion under his regime...because we had to spend the money we earned keeping prices low sso that everyone and his mother would have been happy. Whereas if GEJ had deregulated, as he was planning to do if not for the jokes at occupy Nigeria stopping him, Nigeria would have been more prosperous.

The truth is, Nigeria's economy is in a bad state not because of Buhari, but because oil prices have crashed. And because Bubu is in charge, he gets the blame for a crashed economy. We were here before. In the period 1973-82, we had high oil prices, and a prosperous economy.Then in 1982, oil crashed, by 1983, the economy was falling, and by 1984, when Bubu was in charge, the economy was in a bad state. IBB took over, the economy continued to crash, And so on until 2003, when oil started rising again.

Of course, Buhari, despsite not being responsible for the bad economy is certainly responsible for the lack of action on dealing with the economy. He wants to keep prices down, so at the expense of our growth, he wastes dolllars on keeping prices as low as possible. Of course, running aneconomy on price cpoontrols, directly and indrectly keeps poeple happy, but keeps your debts rising, and your overall economy bad. And if oil should go up...things won't change at all

If we want a better economy for all, we must deregulate the oil and power sector, and we must develop an economy based on manufacturing and free from oil. We cannot be selling oil, sharing the money, and importing goods that are in excess of the value of what we export, oil aside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by lexuswagon: 7:01am On Dec 29, 2020
budaatum:

Buhari called you wailers lazy fuqs. How the heck can my Iife and family be managed the same way Buhari manages lazy fuqs? Is my family full of lazy fuqs who leave it to be managed by Buhari do you think?

Trust me when I say you make me life. Amen. Lol.
don't worry the evils of this government will get to you soon.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by cassbeat(m): 7:18am On Dec 29, 2020
budaatum:

No, I do not see how Nigeria would have been better under GEJ, but even so, the joke, if that's what you want to see it as, is on you too, or you would not be here wailing under bubu.

Do note, I, wail not.
So in all things you can proudly say buhari is better than Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by bularuz(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2020
budaatum:

Less fearful of being kidnapped, at least.
Kidnapping that is now worse, you won't know because during GEJ the press reported every news freely but now they are forced to pay fines for showing even protests

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by lereinter(m): 10:45am On Dec 29, 2020
Funny

Comparing 2 disasters

Balderdash

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Kepler453: 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
budaatum:

I never said Nigeria is safe. I do recall however how fearful people were of coming to Nigeria during Jonathan era, but then, I do not know where you are in Nigeria.

Some places are worse now and some other places were worse under Jonathan, and if I remember correctly, money meant to fight terrorist under GEJ ended up in some foreign bank account.
Exactly and these are part of the reasons we voted him out but the Nigeria is much more worse under Buhari. Human right and rule of law have no standing here and we have a careless government

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
cassbeat:
So in all things you can proudly say buhari is better than Jonathan?
No, I can't say that "in all things" because it will not be true. In most things though.

One is there is definitely less free money for lazy fuqs under bubu, and for that I'm glad because hailing politicians for pay has become less lucrative and people must find something to do for their dinner that literally fell like manna under Ebele.

If you listen carefully, you'll hear the hungry lazy fuqs moaning.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 1:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kepler453:
Exactly and these are part of the reasons we voted him out but the Nigeria is much more worse under Buhari. Human right and rule of law have no standing here and we have a careless government
You saying we voted out Ebele for bubu who is now worse and you want to blame bubu or buda, for our choice?

You see, this is what most fail to get. We, the Nigerian electorate, elected bubu, and instead of accepting we might have made a mistake and figure out a way to not make the same mistake next time, we are here insulting one another while the bubu is enjoying life like we can only dream of living.

Election soon come again. The way we are going however I expect us to elect some other incompetent person as president. Remember this. If you think it is bad under bubu, you have not seen bad yet, because it will most definitely get worse than it is today, sadly, before it starts getting better someday.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
bularuz:

Kidnapping that is now worse, you won't know because during GEJ the press reported every news freely but now they are forced to pay fines for showing even protests
You sound like those trump people claiming "trump won, only the press elected Biden".

Continue to be lying to yourself to avoid the truth.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
lexuswagon:
don't worry the evils of this government will get to you soon.
buda does not fear evil of government. If you too do that which needs to be done so you don't fear, evils of government will stop being your bother and you'd likely become bold enough to elect the government you prefer.

Your strenght will increase, buda prays.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by alizma: 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
sullybee:
I saw this online and I just have to repost it. Let us call a spade a spade and not a farm implement. God bless us all

GOODLUCK JONATHAN V MUHAMMADU BUHARI.
THE REAL SITUATION OF THINGS. - Chidi Cali.

1. External Debt Profile.
a. Goodluck Jonathan in May 2015 = 9.4 billion USD.
b. Buhari in December 2019 = 27 billion USD April 2020. Expected to rise to 34.1 billion in Dec 2020.
Source: Debt Management Office (DMO)

2. Annual GDP Growth Rate
a. Goodluck Jonathan in 2014 = 6.31%
b. Buhari in 2018 = 1.94%
Source: World Bank

3. Foreign Reserves
a. Jonathan in 2014 = 37.2 billion USD
b. Buhari in 2020 = 35.7 billion USD Oct (Expected to drop to 23.3 billion USD by December 2020)
Source: Fitch Ratings.

4. Foreign Currency Exchange Rate
a. Jonathan in 2014 = 1 USD:171 NGN
b. Buhari in 2020 = 1 USD: 480 NGN
Source: Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)

5. Inflation and Consumer Prices (Annual)
a. Jonathan in 2014 = 8.05%
b. Buhari in 2020 = 13.4%
Sources: World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF)

6. Average Unemployment Rate.
a. Jonathan in 1st quarter of 2015 = 7.54%
b. Buhari in 3rd quarter of 2018 = 23.12%
Source: National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).

7. Corruption Perception Index
a. Jonathan in 2014 = 136/198
b. Buhari in 2019 = 146/180
Source: Transparency International

8. Prices of Goods.
a. Goodluck Jonathan in 2014
(i) Petrol = N87.00 per liter
(ii) Rice = N7,400 per bag (Thailand)
b. Buhari in 2020
(i) Petrol = N162.44 per liter
(ii) Rice = N34,000 (Nigerian)
Sources: Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) and Personal experience. Commodity market

9. Actual Electricity Generation.
a. Jonathan in 4th quarter of 2015 = 9,936 GWh
b. Buhari in 3rd quarter of 2020 = 8.034 GWh
Source: Ceicdata

10. Budgetary Allocations of Critical Sectors
a. Jonathan in 2014
(i) Education =10.6%
(ii) Agriculture = 1.4%
(iii) Health = 6%
(iv) Works = 2.8%
(v) Power = 1.3%
(vi) Defence = 7.3%
(vii) Police = 6.5%
b. Buhari in 2020
(i) Education = 0.66%
(ii) Agriculture = 0.82%
(iii) Health = 0.64%
(iv) Works and Housing = 3.63%
(v) Power = 1.76%
(vi) Defence = 13.5%
(vii) Police = 5.4%
Sources: BudgIT and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)

11. Annual Conflict Displacement
a. Jonathan in 2014 = 1.2 million in IDPs, 1.8 million new displacements
b. Buhari in 2019 = 2.3 million people in IDPs, 2.6 million new displacements. 4.9 million in 2020.
Source: International Displacement Monitoring Center (IDMC).

12. No of states under Occupation or Attack by Terrorists.
a) Jonathan: 3 states and selected attach in Abuja and Kano.
b) Buhari: All the 36 states are under attack, Abuja including ASO Rock are unsafe. All the highways are controlled by Boko Haram, Herdsmen, Bandits, Kidnappers and Militias.

13. Global Oil Prices
a. Jonathan, highest = 109.4 USD in 2012, closing = 49.49 in May 2015.
b. Buhari, highest = 77.41 USD in 2018, current = 51.3 in December 2020.
c. Obasanjo, highest = 69.04 USD in 2007, lowest = 17.44 in 1999. This administration is added because of those who are creating excuses about low oil prices to justify non performance.
Source: Statista OPEC Oil Prices 1960-2020.

14. Poverty
a. Jonathan. 2012-2014 Nigeria attended 85% in food sufficiency. Storages were built to preserve food stuffs for rainy days.
b. Buhari. Nigeria was named poverty capital of world, overtaking India, Sudan, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Yemen and Syria.

15. Economic Outlook.
a. Goodluck Jonathan. 2014, Nigeria was the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world. The number one investment destination in African.
b. Buhari. 2020, Nigeria is the 49th fastest growing economy in the world and number 23 investment destination in Africa.

16. The Real Situation.
a. Goodluck Jonathan. Nigeria had a president. Visible and speaks to Nigerians and the International community.
b. Buhari. Nigeria have a president that is only visible on Newspapers, Television and pre-recorded speeches. Governance taken over by pockets of rogue minded cabals with the objective of washing and drying up Nigerian resources and investing and transferring the remaining to Nigèr Republic and fringe countries.
- @Chidi Cali.
Price of crude oil which makes up 85% of Nigeria income
Jonathan?
Buhari?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Kepler453: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2020
budaatum:

You saying we voted out Ebele for bubu who is now worse and you want to blame bubu or buda, for our choice?

You see, this is what most fail to get. We, the Nigerian electorate, elected bubu, and instead of accepting we might have made a mistake and figure out a way to not make the same mistake next time, we are here insulting one another while the bubu is enjoying life like we can only dream of living.

Election soon come again. The way we are going however I expect us to elect some other incompetent person as president. Remember this. If you think it is bad under bubu, you have not seen bad yet, because it will most definitely get worse than it is today, sadly, before it starts getting better someday.
See everyone is just frustrated jare. Everyone too complained under Jonathan. Until we stop voting for older people we won't be free from troubles in 9ja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by bigpicture001: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
Unfair comparism
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by budaatum: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kepler453:
See everyone is just frustrated jare. Everyone too complained under Jonathan. Until we stop voting for older people we won't be free from troubles in 9ja
Now you get it. We complain instead of understanding we are the ones who make our Nigeria what it is and what we want it to be.

I thank the Gods that time is on our side. We can continue moaning if we prefer or get off our lazy asses and start being the change we want to see. One day for sure the date will be somewhere in the year 2030, and 2040, and 2050, and 2060, and even if we are dead we will leave offspring who will hopefully not abandon our graves because they suffer too much from our wailing and inaction.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by Oyiboman69: 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Both are failures in all department
Re: Goodluck Jonathan V Muhammadu Buhari (facts) by bularuz(m): 3:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
budaatum:

You sound like those trump people claiming "trump won, only the press elected Biden".

Continue to be lying to yourself to avoid the truth.
What has Trump gat to do with this, you never repair your country finish your dey monitor America election, continue deceiving yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Polls: Rejection Of E-Transmission May Deter Foreign Investments — Okowa / This Is Why Many People Are Attacking Some Prominent Pastors (Pictures) / Count Me Out Of Abia Assembly Crisis - Hon. Erondu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.