Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,393 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan (59790 Views)

Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine / Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) / Stay Away From Lcredit, They Are Worst Than Sokoloan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by seanwilliam(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2020
EhisChelsea1:

Guy forget Sokoloan, they are the worst money lending company in Nigeria. They give you loan at almost 55% interest in 14days... Which business dem expect you to do to make such profit in 14 days?

I took a loan of 15k from them in January... 2weeks later, dey called and I told dem to wait til month ending wen salary comes... D lady wan start dey insult me na i end d call. Na so dem start dey call me morning and evening and i tell dem say month ending.... 26th to be precise...and na so dem dey add money join every day o (dem say penalty charges for late payment)

About 4 days later, i got that text wen dem send ur contact so from them and den, d same lady called saying dem wan send d message to all my contacts say i be criminal and run with their funds.....

I sincerely thanked the lady and urged her to send the msg immediately but also told her, once that msg is sent, AM NOT REFUNDING AGAIN. the company should get their funds from my contact and dat I will deactivate my ATM immediately we end the call which means they can't access my account anymore........ (Their mumu company know say na my salary account I use and I activate auto-debit which means once money enter, dem fit auto-remove am even before me notice the alert yet greed and impatience not allow dem rest)

Na this month make am 12 months now... I still dey wait for them to send d msg...... ( I go pay them by next tomoro sha cos I nor fit carry debt enter new year)
you’re wicked and nice at the same time .. grin but bro pay them up.. to lend someone money is not easy in naija.. if you one borrow money go to proper financial institution.. make we Dey pity ourselves
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by 5thAngel(f): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2020
CHARLOE:

Oh really! U tarnish someone's reputation over 5k n all u can say is 'let it go', are u kidding me? Don't worry, a big lawsuit will be slammed against u guys soon!
Lol. Sometimes it's good to read the terms and conditions before taking the loan.
All these were clearly stipulated. Any suit will be a waste of time and resources.
Take care dear.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by ggood: 9:33am On Dec 29, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:
Too many bad reviews about soko loan.

What you people actually don't understand is, if a customer refuses to pay back a soko loan, the money will be deducted from the salary of the staff that disbursed the loan. That's why they are so mean and ruthless. Sometimes they will even threaten you with police grin. The will embarass you by texting all your contacts including your exs and enemies.
how will there get all your contacts
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Daroldigits: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2020
They don't have office address, my lawyer has wrote a letter to them which they haven't reply. I need their office address
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Patented: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2020
NA to report them to CBN. then commence an action in court for defamationof character.
Palmerbarry:
Dear Sokoloan, I will be in my best behaviour while posting this.

I applied for a loan a month back which I didn't repay in time. I got a call from an extremely rude official 5 days after I received the loan. She informed me that payment is due and I should do that immediately. I tried to be friendly but she wasn't. I asked if I could pay part but she arrogantly declined.
The next day I got a call from her again with insults this time. I told her she's not professional with her work and that made her worse. She threatened to disgrace me in the worst way ever (via SMS). My phone got stolen that night. A day after she sent the most devastating message ever to all my contacts. How she got access to them still surprises me. In her message, she said I'm a wanted criminal on the run with company funds. I got tons of messages on Facebook and missed calls and messages on my other line - my former employers, course mates, lecturers, neighbors, family, besties, other influential people. I was really mad! I had over 300 contacts for Christ sake. I called her immediately to send a convincing message to my contacts. She was adamant and continued with her insult, I fired back not minding her age. I threatened to take the case to court, but I was financially down at that moment. My sister called her immediately she got one of her text and they ended up insulting eachother. I called her some days after, she was a bit calm, and I asked if she would resend another SMS and make everything transparent to my contacts. She said once the payment is complete we'd discuss that. When the payment was deducted automatically from my account, I called the number, but the new user doesn't seem to know me. She requested for my login number I gave her but she said she can't access my account. Up till now. I think I've been too calm with them and I am taking it up now.

The worse part of it is I lost most of my contacts which means I may not be able to clarify myself. This is the worst thing ever to happen to someone.

I've mailed them concerning the issue and I'm yet to get feedback.

Pics below:
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by seanwilliam(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2020
loswhite:
The problem of this country is lack of basic Education of how certain things work... How can you destroy your credit rating because of 30k? Too many dumb citizens in this country
how can I check my credit score in naija?
Note I never borrowed money of any kind before ..
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Palmerbarry: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2020
generalwo:
..... They are the principal causes of the problems I am facing today. They sent a message to my boss telling him I'm a criminal and I lost my job as a result of that. Now I am indebted with almost every loan app because I cannot afford to pay back. Its draining me seriously because I can't even sleep again. I feel their licence to operate should be revoked... Loans are meant to solve the problems of people but soko Loan is doing the opposite. They are adding to the problems and frustrations of people in this country

I pray you get a better job soon.

I almost fell into depression because of their action.
I pray they change from their evil mode of operations.
Thanks for the comment.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by NoRetreat(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2020
Nauttyprof:
I will advise you that you have great chances of winning this case. Keep all evidence and go meet a competent Lawyer.

The Lawyer will probably ask you to pay for the processing fee at the court which is a small fee and then, an agreement will be reached on the percentage of money to be recovered from SOKOLOAN.

This case is a case of character defamation and they need to come up with evidence of how you were an EXISTING criminal (what police station confirmed this, what crime made you an existing criminal and who you committed the crime for you to be tagged an existing criminal). Also, they will need to provide evidence of how you were on the run (where you ran to, what efforts they put in place to search for you and how they arrived at this conclusion).

The company in question is owned by Chinese who never trained their staff in a professional settings but keep recruiting all in the name of wanting to make profit. Don't be surprised, this company also have several loan apps in the Nigeria. So, it is not just Soko but about 2 or other 3 apps with different names. These Chinese are only concerned about money they can make in Nigeria while their staff are of the slavery mindset in their own country. Their staff thinks and reasons like slaves and slaves alone. No thought on seeing themselves as service providers for the company. In fact, it is the staff also that come up with this type of message because of their slavery mentality without any thought on the legal implications of this. Their thoughts are always that whoever borrows money from SOKO can't afford a Lawyer to take up cases when the time comes.

Their staff graduate but act like uneducated people as there are several ways of getting your money without character defamation which includes sending a message plainly that this person has defaulted in repaying loan to his guarantors (there is nothing as embarrassing as this).
You are very intelligent and interesting
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by mogbolade43693: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2020
They don't have office address, my lawyer has wrote a letter to them which they haven't reply. I need their office address
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by seanwilliam(m): 9:38am On Dec 29, 2020
Toktee:
Let what go?

Look some of this loan companies are worst than Buhari government, how can you damage someone reputation just because he failed to pay his loan on time?

we tolerate too much in this country.

It is not the same lending 9credit, quick cash, palm pay etc are doing?

I took loan from 9credit though it was just 2500 while in school, because of lectures here and there and exams at the corner, I forgot to pay back..
Two days to due date I was reminded of the pay day,I still forgot... two weeks later I received an SMS from 9 credit thanking me for paying my loan.

what they did was, they silently deducted their money from my account, I just smile.

What about quick cash, same thing they will even give you time and tell you if you are not ready to pay they can extend payday for you.

The best loan companies in Nigeria are QUICK CASH, 9CREDIT, AND PALM PAY ETC...

If 60% of borrowers fail to pay as at when due the company might fold up .. put yourself in their shoes

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by OmodavidoX(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2020
5thAngel:

Lol. Sometimes it's good to read the terms and conditions before taking the loan.
All these were clearly stipulated. Any suit will be a waste of time and resources.
Take care dear.
One of the rude girl working with Soko Loan spotted

6 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by LAguy(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2020
Omihanifa:
One guy told me Soko loan went and sent a message to his ex- girlfriend grin only for that one to even load them with additional information about him

He said the babe gave them his house and office address grin only for Soko loan to call him the next day and they were telling him that if he doesn't pay up his debt they will come to his house and office undecided

grin grin grin
For real?
The babe be want the guy head o.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Salliet(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2020
It's disheartening to see some comments in this same thread where we are dealing with the attitude of debt collectors going the unconventional way, some other people are telling us how they decided not to repay a loan because they were threatened.

Wow!

Nigerians!

While we don't pray we run into difficult situations that requires borrowing and inability to repay.

How do you rationalize a situation by saying it's just 1k? It's just 10k? So how much should it be before it would warrant the threat or embarrassment?

If it was just 1k why didn't you pick same while walking down the road or go rob and get the 1k

I hear folks here talking about going to court etc. Oh so you know your way to get a court action and you couldn't sort yourself out other means when you have need for urgent cash

It's so unfair that many people are heartless when it comes to repaying debts. Even when they have the capacity to do so. They'll either delay, split the money or just become evasive. It's understandable when you have genuine reasons for inability to repay but it's still not enough. It's a business!!!

If at the point of applying for the loan, they reject your loan request simply because the last person they gave has genuine reasons for not paying up and that you should wait till the individual pays up that's when you can be attended to. Of course if you were given the defaulters contact to plead with him/her as they are holding up your request. YOU MIGHT EVEN DO WORSE IN SPEAKING TO THAT PERSON.

The point is when issues come up as to why you can't pay up, be prepared to face whatever you get from the company.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by seanwilliam(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2020
blaise26abj:

“Let it go “ is the reason there is so much injustice in this country . Doing that nonsense over 5k is totally unnecessary. My question to you is this . How do you get peoples phone contacts ? Did they give you willingly or your company harvests it illegally ?
you give them access to your contacts and information when you are about to collect it.. and stop saying ‘just 5k’ , if 1000 people fail to pay up 5k u know how much it is
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Ezepresido: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2020
Lawyers should pls advise properly, is there hope to substantiate good case in favour of this guy?
I have a similar case I would like to pursue if am assured of having a good case in court .

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by SavageBoy: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
no you granted their app permission to access your contact and few information about your phone.

Oh I see
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by 5thAngel(f): 9:42am On Dec 29, 2020
Toktee:
Let what go?

Look some of this loan companies are worst than Buhari government, how can you damage someone reputation just because he failed to pay his loan on time?

we tolerate too much in this country.

It is not the same lending 9credit, quick cash, palm pay etc are doing?

I took loan from 9credit though it was just 2500 while in school, because of lectures here and there and exams at the corner, I forgot to pay back..
Two days to due date I was reminded of the pay day,I still forgot... two weeks later I received an SMS from 9 credit thanking me for paying my loan.

what they did was, they silently deducted their money from my account, I just smile.

What about quick cash, same thing they will even give you time and tell you if you are not ready to pay they can extend payday for you.

The best loan companies in Nigeria are QUICK CASH, 9CREDIT, AND PALM PAY ETC...
What about the employees who work everyday except Sunday, even on public holidays except Christmas and New year. If you don't pay up your loan, the capital and the interest will be deducted from one's salary.
And it quite erroneous for people to think we don't give days of grace after the due date, but once it is unnecessarily too long without you paying up, we just have to take that route to let your contacts know the kind of person you are.

We have many bad debts that we have to pay off of our own pockets, so before taking any loan, be sure you can pay to avoid embarrassment(s).

From the Op's write up, I only commesirated with him cuz of the rude way he was treated by a colleague.
Sometimes these customers talk to us rudely also.

Pay up to avoid embarrassment, period.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by LAguy(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2020
Ezepresido:
Lawyers should pls advise properly, is there hope to substantiate good case in favour of this guy?
I have a similar case I would like to pursue if am assured of having a good case in court .

Guy forget and bury anger.

The best is to pray to God to provide enough for you and never to see anything that will make you to be borrow borrow again.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by JayReeMai(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2020
The moment you register on their app for a loan, you give them access to your contacts.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by seanwilliam(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2020
ArticleBeast:
I don't blame Solo loan at all. You all saw the interest rate and payment period. If you kept to your promises, you wouldn't be blaming them now. Naija that u will borrow your friend money and lose both the friend and money
bro. I remember early last year when I was doing salary work .. i lent someone my FIRST AND FULL salary ( I was really touched by the person’s story and I deeply pity the person ).. I no take 1 naira out of the salary for myself .. the person promised to repay the following month, u wouldn’t believe meself had to borrow money to survive believing that the person go return my money o.. naso story upon story .. e reach stage the person begin fight me say I too like money pass humanity.. I one cry untop my 31days suffer was .. bro na after 6 month family of the person paid me up.. that thing pain me so much that I swear not to borrow my own mother money I can’t let go.. anytime I remember how the person made me suffer on top my money , I Dey always feel that I was stupid ..

I’m a beast now grin

8 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by BlackFlamefromP: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2020
Never borrow money from any financial institution if you are not 100% sure of repaying the loan in full at the due date.

A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by bigcee(m): 9:45am On Dec 29, 2020
Omihanifa:
One guy told me Soko loan went and sent a message to his ex- girlfriend grin only for that one to even load them with additional information about him

He said the babe gave them his house and office address grin only for Soko loan to call him the next day and they were telling him that if he doesn't pay up his debt they will come to his house and office undecided
grin grin grin

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by iPresh4s(m): 9:45am On Dec 29, 2020
I wonder what people do with these loans sef
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 29, 2020
sokoloan means fool's loan in hausa
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by seanwilliam(m): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
cheesy

so that they'll get their money back and I'll end up fixing my reputation myself

nooo it's better I chop their useless money
it pays nothing to be polite

You’re not different from naija politicians. You’re nothing but a devil.. pls don’t quote me again don’t be unfortunate ..
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by 5thAngel(f): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2020
OmodavidoX:
One of the rude girl working with Soko Loan spotted
You really need to check your dictionary for the definition of rude bro.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Valentinooo: 9:50am On Dec 29, 2020
Nigerians don't like paying their loans. They will come to you in sober and gentle mood but when it is time to pay you start hearing different stories.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by OmodavidoX(m): 9:51am On Dec 29, 2020
5thAngel:

You really need to check your dictionary for the definition of rude bro.
Gedifek

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by OmodavidoX(m): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2020
seanwilliam:

You’re not different from naija politicians. You’re nothing but a devil.. pls don’t quote me again don’t be unfortunate ..
Says by a well known yahoo yahoo apologist

5 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by buttlover(m): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2020
seanwilliam:

taaah. seriously how does one fix the already bleeped up reputation.? telling everyone to stay away from defaulters, how can one do business to pay them back. Omo their recovery strategy is zero.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by AchalugoNwa(f): 9:54am On Dec 29, 2020
seanwilliam:

I laugh at you cheesy

UnBanEbenezer what do we do to this unfortunate soul?

should we report him to gbegile boys for some contract?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

I Have Fired Hadiza Bala Usman – President Buhari / Trick On How To Open And Verify US UK Paypal Account In Nigeria. / What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.