Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan (59788 Views)

Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine / Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) / Stay Away From Lcredit, They Are Worst Than Sokoloan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Peppermintflav: 9:55am On Dec 29, 2020
seunmohmoh:
What happens if you register with a loan app(bvn included) and you don't borrow? I registered with them but changed my mind about borrowing. I tried disconnecting from them but couldn't find the option (fair money). Abeg my account safe?
It's safe. If u want to be extra sure opt for new ATM card, and render the one they have useless.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Eddygourdo(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2020
Read all the comments there and see evidence as to why this is a useless country filled with criminals. You say things like for "how much" common "5k" and all that, yet you went and borrowed the funds? If it is common how come you didn't have it initially before you borrowed nor did you have it when it was time to pay.

We can never be developed in the nation with this generation of thieves and dishonest people. Loans are not free money, when you borrow you have simply spent your own money upfront with an interest to who provided the services. You must pay back sir and ma'am, there are no excuses. This is why we suffer in this country because we run a debit system and not a credit system. Many Nigerians as depicted in the comments above are criminals, hoping to borrow funds and when it is time to pay start giving excuses. I like the fact they disgrace you unfortunate lots and garnish your accounts.

8 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by OJURONGBE1(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2020
Sokoloan!
Worst credit company in this country.
When I was going through a financial tailspin earlier this year, I borrowed 5k from them to pay back with almost 50% interest rate in 7days.
I couldn't meet up with the repayment within 1 week, the same fate you suffered was meted out to me.
A girl I dated and broke up with back in university called to feel me in.
Chai! I was so pained & ashamed. They took their money from my account to the last kobo.
Don't blame their credit agents, that is what Sokoloan company instructed them to do.
Never again, will i borrow from any financial institution, so help me God.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Patrickker(m): 9:57am On Dec 29, 2020
Run away from Sokoloan. I have never seen such a an uncultured lending outfit my entire life.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by seniormallam(m): 9:58am On Dec 29, 2020
See the way I was shaking reading comments, I have 10k to clear with them in 3 days, and I don't even have 2k right now,
Baba God, so na disgrace I go take end this year again after all I've been through already......chai

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Bbbwings: 9:59am On Dec 29, 2020
Omihanifa:
One guy told me Soko loan went and sent a message to his ex- girlfriend grin only for that one to even load them with additional information about him

He said the babe gave them his house and office address grin only for Soko loan to call him the next day and they were telling him that if he doesn't pay up his debt they will come to his house and office undecided
grin cheesy
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by stacyadams: 9:59am On Dec 29, 2020
grin grin grin naija govt dey owe heaven no fall, , na ordinary text msg from soko loan wan bring heaven come down?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by BlackFlamefromP: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2020
You may not win the case o. You know Nigerians of nowadays are too lazy to read. If there is a clause in their Terms and Conditions that empowers them to go to that extent to recover their money and you blindly agree without reading the terms and conditions you would be wasting your time going to court.

The best thing is to avoid all these loan apps. If you must collect their loan be sure you are more than capable of paying back at due date.

Ezepresido:
Lawyers should pls advise properly, is there hope to substantiate good case in favour of this guy?
I have a similar case I would like to pursue if am assured of having a good case in court .

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Stellly02(m): 10:02am On Dec 29, 2020
I no dey stress myself if I wan borrow.. I just use *329 and select the option of when next money comes into my account for them to debit.. Since I know there's no steady source of income, I no fit choose end of the month.. O wrong

But those sokoloan staffs no dey try..soiling one's reputation because of 5k loan..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by dontai(m): 10:02am On Dec 29, 2020
generalwo:
..... They are the principal causes of the problems I am facing today. They sent a message to my boss telling him I'm a criminal and I lost my job as a result of that. Now I am indebted with almost every loan app because I cannot afford to pay back. Its draining me seriously because I can't even sleep again. I feel their licence to operate should be revoked... Loans are meant to solve the problems of people but soko Loan is doing the opposite. They are adding to the problems and frustrations of people in this country
bro kindly sue them, to pay for what they have caused you.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by dontai(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2020
generalwo:
..... They are the principal causes of the problems I am facing today. They sent a message to my boss telling him I'm a criminal and I lost my job as a result of that. Now I am indebted with almost every loan app because I cannot afford to pay back. Its draining me seriously because I can't even sleep again. I feel their licence to operate should be revoked... Loans are meant to solve the problems of people but soko Loan is doing the opposite. They are adding to the problems and frustrations of people in this country
bro kindly sue them, to pay for what they have cause you.
N:B. kindly create a thread on this, you will see a lawyer on this forum who will take it up for free.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by AchalugoNwa(f): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2020
seniormallam:
See the way I was shaking reading comments, I have 10k to clear with them in 3 days, and I don't even have 2k right now,
Baba God, so na disgrace I go take end this year again after all I've been through already......chai
Hahahahahaha
warm up for your disgrace
smile the worst is yet to come cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by seanwilliam(m): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
I laugh at you cheesy

UnBanEbenezer what do we do to this unfortunate soul?

should we report him to gbegile boys for some contract?
which one be gbegile boys grin
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Susily(m): 10:09am On Dec 29, 2020
But wait o, I'm a bit confused

How do they have access to your contacts

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by ipica: 10:10am On Dec 29, 2020
dominique:
It's bad debtors that made them like this
supported but it will be nice to offer them better loan recovery plans, many Nigerians have no intention of repaying these loans they collect
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by jaxxy(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:
In addition I can't blame them, these fintech loan companies suffer alot in the hands of Nigerians. Most people borrow from them with no intention of paying back. They may seem nasty but Nigerians will never coporate without being handled with iron hand.

That’s the risk they signed up for. It doesn’t give them any right to be hooligans or ruin people’s reputations just like that. There are many steps and ways to ensure they pay b4 u act like a rabid dog on ur clients and customers.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by ogoloray(m): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2020
If this your story is real... Then e sweet my body well well grin
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by NewLogicalMind: 10:12am On Dec 29, 2020
Nigerians don't like to repay loans! angry

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by buttlover(m): 10:13am On Dec 29, 2020
seniormallam:

just start sending your contact message to disregard incoming message from any company claiming you are a criminal on the run. lol, they will definitely do their norm.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 29, 2020
They have no right to do that. Contact a lawyer and sue.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Peppermintflav: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2020
Acidosis:
Let's be clear. The only reason y'all hate loan apps is because you took a loan you know you can't/won't pay back.

After agreeing to the terms and conditions of the loan, you all come back crying online to castigate the same loan app that choose to help you in your desperate hour.

Imagine condemning sokoloan for debiting your account without notice grin Are you people ma.d? Did you read the terms and conditions of the loan during your application?

You used your hand to submit your contact, yet come back crying and asking why sokoloan called your contacts. Some of you are just m.ad.

Btw, 99% of Nigerians are not credit worthy. You all are the same people that fail to pay back interest-free loans given to you by friends, neighbors and relatives.
One sided view point.
Imagine taking a loan from Soko up to 5 times without defaulting.
The 6th time you default by one day maybe due to delay in salary, and that very day someone calls you up and starts calling you names, stupid man, shameless man. Not minding your previous clean records... Now tell me how would u feel?
Other loan apps don't behave that way.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by dontai(m): 10:24am On Dec 29, 2020
BlackFlamefromP:
You may not win the case o. You know Nigerians of nowadays are too lazy to read. If there is a clause in their Terms and Conditions that empowers them to go to that extent to recover their money and you blindly agree without reading the terms and conditions you would be wasting your time going to court.

The best thing is to avoid all these loan apps. If you must collect their loan be sure you are more than capable of paying back at due date.

don't discourage him, he have a good case. there are better ways to go about it, they are business partner. This is not different from ladys that will claim rape, when d-ick and p-ussy deal went wrong. do you read a comment about someone who said he lost his job to this blackmailing strategy. how is he going to pay now being jobless?

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by dflking: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2020
They did the same thing to me also.. it's take me alot of courage not to take my life

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by NewLogicalMind: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2020
GreatPro33:
The next protest will be against Soko Loan. Inform your bosses to be calming down o

It's not by force to borrow money from Soko Loan
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by chiemmanuel(m): 10:33am On Dec 29, 2020
DesChyko:

The loan probably won't be processed. They use those contacts as insurance I think.
that should be a red flag
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by NewLogicalMind: 10:33am On Dec 29, 2020
Acidosis:
Let's be clear. The only reason y'all hate loan apps is because you took a loan you know you can't/won't pay back.

After agreeing to the terms and conditions of the loan, you all come back crying online to castigate the same loan app that choose to help you in your desperate hour.

Imagine condemning sokoloan for debiting your account without notice grin Are you people ma.d? Did you read the terms and conditions of the loan during your application?

You used your hand to submit your contact, yet come back crying and asking why sokoloan called your contacts. Some of you are just m.ad.

Btw, 99% of Nigerians are not credit worthy. You all are the same people that fail to pay back interest-free loans given to you by friends, neighbors and relatives.

Don't mind them, very wicked things.

They will borrow money then when it's time to pay back they will start coming up with all kinds of silly excuses

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by waliezi(m): 10:33am On Dec 29, 2020
Palmerbarry:
Dear Sokoloan, I will be in my best behaviour while posting this.

I applied for a loan a month back which I didn't repay in time. I got a call from an extremely rude official 5 days after I received the loan. She informed me that payment is due and I should do that immediately. I tried to be friendly but she wasn't. I asked if I could pay part but she arrogantly declined.
The next day I got a call from her again with insults this time. I told her she's not professional with her work and that made her worse. She threatened to disgrace me in the worst way ever (via SMS). My phone got stolen that night. A day after she sent the most devastating message ever to all my contacts. How she got access to them still surprises me. In her message, she said I'm a wanted criminal on the run with company funds. I got tons of messages on Facebook and missed calls and messages on my other line - my former employers, course mates, lecturers, neighbors, family, besties, other influential people. I was really mad! I had over 300 contacts for Christ sake. I called her immediately to send a convincing message to my contacts. She was adamant and continued with her insult, I fired back not minding her age. I threatened to take the case to court, but I was financially down at that moment. My sister called her immediately she got one of her text and they ended up insulting eachother. I called her some days after, she was a bit calm, and I asked if she would resend another SMS and make everything transparent to my contacts. She said once the payment is complete we'd discuss that. When the payment was deducted automatically from my account, I called the number, but the new user doesn't seem to know me. She requested for my login number I gave her but she said she can't access my account. Up till now. I think I've been too calm with them and I am taking it up now.

The worse part of it is I lost most of my contacts which means I may not be able to clarify myself. This is the worst thing ever to happen to someone.

I've mailed them concerning the issue and I'm yet to get feedback.

Pics below:
. I got same Experience n it cost me demotion till date as my boss vehemently refused to understand. Last last, I delected the app n which I could play my hands on any body called sokoloan. mine was 14k to pay 20k in 7 days. My salary delayed for 2days, the sokoloan caller was very rude, I couldn't hold my temper n she sent a message to all my contacts. I think u gave them access to ur phone informations once u installed their app.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by NewLogicalMind: 10:36am On Dec 29, 2020
Peppermintflav:

One sided view point.
Imagine taking a loan from Soko up to 5 times without defaulting.
The 6th time you default by one day maybe due to delay in salary, and that very day someone calls you up and starts calling you names, stupid man, shameless man. Not minding your previous clean records... Now tell me how would u feel?
Other loan apps don't behave that way.

Other loan apps don't behave this way, guess what, some of them are folding up due to consistent default by borrowers

Nigerians are terrible people as far as loans are concerned

Soko Loans' strategy is effective and I applaud them!

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by nelsonebby(m): 10:36am On Dec 29, 2020
Law Graduates where are ya'll at? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

I Have Fired Hadiza Bala Usman – President Buhari / Trick On How To Open And Verify US UK Paypal Account In Nigeria. / What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.