Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,100 members, 7,825,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government (23630 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Will Be Happy To Have A Government They Trust / Jega, Onaiyekan To Buhari: Nigerians Battling With Double Sufferings / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Fulani Herdsmen Are Seen As Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Sirjamo: 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
wickyyolo:

What a simp.
As the National Security Adviser, Dasuki did not command any troop. There is a difference between NSA and service Chiefs. Werey!!!
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Cleanworld(f): 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
SmartPolician:
Buhari and his team of senseless spokespersons have ruined all the chances they had to earn people's trust.

When Buhari assumed office, the expectations were high, with many people believing that he would clean up a country with deep roots in corruption.

Six months later, the incompetent man couldn't form a cabinet. Despite that, Nigerians gave him the benefit of the doubt. He turned the Constitution upside down and flouted it at will, yet he got people's support.

To make matters worse, he was away from the country for months - thanks to an ailment. However, Nigerians supported him wholeheartedly. No government has enjoyed this level of goodwill like the the Buhari administration.

Today, he is borrowing money up and down to run his government...in a country that has multiple streams of revenues. Still, he is playing Russian roulette with insurgency - a battle he promised to personally lead during his election campaigns. Yet, nobody asks questions.

Nigerians must be the world's easiest people to govern.

yes, it is indeed because the majority of the people has the same trait as their leader. irony of nija
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by wickyyolo: 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
Sirjamo:
As the National Security Adviser, Dasuki did not command any troop. There is a difference between NSA and service Chiefs. Werey!!!

Do u know the power of NSA according to Nigeria constitution?
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Slurity(m): 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
The people should just shut up if they can't pray to God to remove Buhari. Nonsense
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by egobetatoday: 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
Racoon:
Another solemn truth.From;
-Sheik Ahmed Gumi,
-late Balarabe Musa,
-Arc.Bishop Kaigama,
-Junaid Mohammed,
-Prophet Isah El-Buba,
-Pastor Paul Eneche,
-Bishop David Oyedepo,
-Papa Adejare Adeboye,
-Col.Umar Dangiwa(rtd),
-Gen.Olusegun Obasanjo,
-Apostle Johnson Suleman
-Rev.Fr. Matthew Kukah and now Fr.Onaiyekan among many, have often spoken the solemn truth to the powers that be in this government but as expected it is always a bitter to swallow.

So the most refreshing aspect of the Buhari-led APC government is the frankness of its dishonesty and denying reality always.However, this have not and will never change the truth because the truth is sacrosanct.

I know you are not a catholic, but I still have to correct you. Fr. Matthew Kukah is a Bishop. The worst of them all is Onayaikan who you called a Fr. He is called CARDINAL Onaiyekan. Google 'Cardinal in Catholic Church' so you understand why I had to point it out. It is a pride for Nigerian Catholics that we have 2 Nigerian cardinals. We learn new things everyday, ya know?
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by NSK4U(m): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
Bizibi:
you remember he collected money from them in the last elections and was mocking the opposition,he won't dare go against the incompetent administration.

I hate sycophants from any political party that sees evil and support it.

I don't think you have any proof that he collected money and mocked the opposition on account of money.

As at 2015 election, the expectations on a former military general and acclaimed incorruptible man in the person of PMB were high since insecurity and corruption were the main challenge.

I can't blame Fr Mbaka for asking for a change of government. If Nigeria had another strong opponent to GEJ, perhaps, Fr Mbaka might have preferred that one to PMB but there was none and everyone desired change due to bombing of people, churches, mosques, etc. It's just unfortunate that Buhari was not the saviour we thought him.
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Bizibi(m): 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
NSK4U:

I don't think you have any proof that he collected money and mocked the opposition on account of money.

As at 2015 election, the expectations on a former military general and acclaimed incorruptible man in the person of PMB were high since insecurity and corruption were the main challenge.

I can't blame Fr Mbaka for asking for a change of government. If Nigeria had another strong opponent to GEJ, perhaps, Fr Mbaka might have preferred that one to PMB but there was none and everyone desired change due to bombing of people, churches, mosques, etc. It's just unfortunate that Buhari was not the saviour we thought him.
even a blind man will tell you what happened when ganduje and co went to his crusade ground,come on the video went viral during the campaign period or have you forgotten....
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by NSK4U(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
Bizibi:
even a blind man will tell you what happened when ganduje and co went to his crusade ground,come on the video went viral during the campaign period or have you forgotten....

Yes I didn't forget the things that happened but I still don't think it was because of the money that made him support PMB.

I know he may speak about this government and APC on cross over night, so let's wait for his message.
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by DamianBriel(m): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2020
[quote author=rawfact post=97522094]"Examination of Conscience" Wow! Never heard that phrase before! Buhari, over to you.

Its a popular sentence in Catholicism. Most especially when ya 'bout to observe your holy penance. You gotta examine your conscience to know where you've derailed and be sobber in atonement and then make amends, perhaps.
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Mrquote: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
Sirjamo:
What are the multiple streams of revenue? List them out please.

What happened to the streams of revenue when Ngozi said you should be ready for premium hunger because of oil slump? Did she not know about the streams?

Why did they now promise to take us to the promise land when they knew the time is going t to be tough?
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Prolific007(m): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kingstanding:
. Where are Pentecostal pastors and Daddy GO's? They are afraid of Buhari, they cannot talk because they don't want their business Called church to be closed down by federal government. If you want to know truth pls don't get closer to all these Pentecostal pastors.

Stop already we this attitude of know it all...I have carefully listened to Pastor Paul Eneche and he has been vibrant in speakin' truth to power so don't just generalize
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Racoon(m): 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
egobetatoday:
I know you are not a catholic, but I still have to correct you. Fr. Matthew Kukah is a Bishop.The worst of them all is Onayaikan who you called a Fr. He is called CARDINAL Onaiyekan.

Google 'Cardinal in Catholic Church' so you understand why I had to point it out. It is a pride for Nigerian Catholics that we have 2 Nigerian cardinals. We learn new things everyday, ya know?
Thank you sir.
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Henri8: 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
Beremx:
Where is Father Mbaka sef?
That one follow?
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Kingstanding: 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2020
Prolific007:

Stop already we this attitude of know it all...I have carefully listened to Pastor Paul Eneche and he has been vibrant in speakin' truth to power so don't just generalize
. Then if you can only mentioned Pastor Paul Eneche from thousands Pastors we have in Nigeria then it is finished like what Jesus said. Nigerians do God more than the Europeans that brought Christianity.
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Sirjamo: 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2020
Mrquote:

Why did they now promise to take us to the promise land when they knew the time is going t to be tough?
Because they are politicians, I knew 80% of the promises cannot be fulfilled, I didn't believe them for a second
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Stallione(m): 11:51pm On Dec 29, 2020
adadike:
All the Catholic Bishops are speaking up. Black mass loading. Waiting for Bishop Ayo Maria to say something as well
Ada kedu,biko were are u from in the east?

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Stallione(m): 11:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
Mbaka will not like this.Mbaka "why"!!!
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by AfonjaConehead: 6:11am On Dec 30, 2020
IamWonderful:
Buhari is synonymous with disaster

Oh! The Igbos are not the problem anymore abi?!

grin
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Mrquote: 7:32am On Dec 30, 2020
Sirjamo:
Because they are politicians, I knew 80% of the promises cannot be fulfilled, I didn't believe them for a second
So we shouldn't believe them and still vote for them. And they should be no room for criticism?
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by orisa37: 9:15am On Dec 30, 2020
YES MY LORD. MAY GOD PERISH THE EVIL ONES
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by orisa37: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2020
YES MY LORD. MAY GOD PERISH THE WICKED ONES
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by adadike(f): 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2020
Stallione:
Ada kedu,biko were are u from in the east?
ihiala
Re: Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Deceived By Buhari's Government by Stallione(m): 12:57am On Dec 31, 2020
adadike:
ihiala
Can we get along,let me know u better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Avert Another Bomb Blast In Kano / APC, FG Commence Total Clampdown On Opposition; PDP / COVID-19: FG Won’t Reintroduce Total Lockdown Again - Boss Mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.