Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World (24617 Views)

Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF / GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World / IMF: Nigeria To Lose Over $26 Billion From Oil Exports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by nelsonebby(m): 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2020
uptimumOne23:
Nigeria going places...this is not an easy feat.

No 1 is the target

God bless Baba Buhari and Osinbajo
ah

1 Like

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by kraftysprouts: 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
favor914:
Nigeria is a Federation of States, you should have said the States with their comparative advantages have failed to create an enabling environment for business to thrive, People in Abuja cannot create a thriving environment for business to thrive in a State, that is the duty of the State Government.

And you think states in Nigeria are like states in America?
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by Etinosa1234: 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
authority2006:

The real clown here is you. Tell me the price of crude oil back then and now. That GDP didn't represent real manufacturing and production, just oil boom. Today, the price of crude oil is nothing to write home about but we're still on top. The question you should have asked yourself is, why? Because Buhari's economic policy restricted excessive importation and tried to make Nigerians look inward and produce as much as they could.
Now, if you are really interested in this, let's dig up the contributions from crude oil for both 2014 and 2020. Then take a look at GDP from other sectors excluding oil for both 2014 and 2020. Only then you will realise that you don't know anything about economy

To me, I don't care whatever Buhari does... I just want him to improve security in Nigeria..

The average Nigerian is heartless and looking to take advantage of someone..

What made me notice was when the border was locked and price of rice skyrocketed so high...

Another one was the kankara abduction, when it happened, a lot of them criticised the govt... When they were rescued, they started calling it fake...

Omo...I just want Buhari to improve security.. dats all
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by nextstep(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
Nigeria's economy was #20 in 2015 before PMB took the reins... just saying...
GDP is not oil sales alone... it's gross domestic product... as in Nigerians were producing more things then.

2 Likes

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by mayo47(m): 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
greatsly:
Nigeria is a country with great potentials. There is no country in the World that is so richly bless with infinite opportunities for greatness like Nigeria. This Nation has got all it take to be the best in the world.

Nigerian's especially the Young should take time to study their country, look inward and tap into the numerous potentials that this Nation offers for their own greatness. If foreigners from Asia, middle east and other countries can be trooping in to make success for themselves how much more the citizens.

Do not listen to the negative comments and opinions of people about Nigeria. That is their mindset. Create your own dream and work towards it.

This is the easiest country to be Rich, let no one decieve you. There are several challenges that needs solutions, just solve one and you are made. The developed economics are already saturated with solutions, so there is nothing new.

There's no country in the world that is so richly bless with infinite opportunities like Nigeria.......Please do your research because that's not true

1 Like

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2020
uptimumOne23:
Nigeria going places...this is not an easy feat.

No 1 is the target

God bless Baba Buhari and Osinbajo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/12/29/imf-nigeria-remains-largest-economy-in-africa-26th-in-the-world/amp/
Whenever you hear this tune, know yea that another borrowing is loading! Time to get Loan from IMF...
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by Banmeallday: 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2020
These foreign entities want una to continue to believe in the hype called Nigeria so they can continue to steal billions from the nations enslaved within their creation. Biggest African economy my foot.

Lawless hateful place where money is the God

Shame for black race!

1 Like

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by sureinfo: 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
Hmmm after all these up and downs, Africans need to wake up
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by UncommonLogic: 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
Simplyleo:
I disagree with this ewedu Ibadan Express report.

Tinubu trying to convince us that bubu is working, but as a dedicated drinker of lamidi cownu's urine I know Tinubu is a liar.

Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin and lamidi cownu are all aware that our online country is the largest economy in the world.

Las las, ipob pigs are brainless. cheesy

grin grin grin

You sabi the IPIGS well well.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by CocoaOla: 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
:P30k geng sponsor news zombies food

Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $398 billion compared to its closest competitor; SA, which has a GDP of $368 billion. However, the real wealth of a nation is calculated by its GDP per capita & Nigeria ranked 140 out of 186 in GDP per capita global ranking. Our population is 200millions we need GDP of 1.8trillion dollars to celebrate gdp per capital of $10,000 dollars per household

Populations matters a lot in gdp

Ghana with gdp of 70billion dollar their gdp per capital is better than our because of their small population's

3 Likes

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by nameo: 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
authority2006:

The real clown and ignoramus here are both of you. Tell me the price of crude oil back then and now. That GDP didn't represent real manufacturing and production, just oil boom. Today, the price of crude oil is nothing to write home about but we're still on top. The question you should have asked yourself is, why? Because Buhari's economic policy restricted excessive importation and tried to make Nigerians look inward and produce as much as they could.
Now, if you are really interested in this, let's dig up the contributions from crude oil for both 2014 and 2020. Then take a look at GDP from other sectors excluding oil for both 2014 and 2020. Only then you will realise that you don't know anything about economy

It is you who is the Ignoramus here. Not the chao you were quoting.

The share of oil and gas in 2014 rebasing was about 9%. It should even be lower than that by now.

The rebasing decreased the share of oil in the GDP of the country, so the high GDP after the rebasing could not have been due to "oil boom": it was due to bringing newer sectors like telecommunications to the calculations and also including income ans expenditure in the computations instead of just production

You guys should stop talking about oil prices. It is silly.

This Govt has retrogressed on every economic index. If it is a lie, i dare you to name just one in which there has been an increase. And that sort of performance isnt due to falling oil prices. Absolutely not

2 Likes

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by nameo: 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
authority2006:

The real clown and ignoramus here are both of you. Tell me the price of crude oil back then and now. That GDP didn't represent real manufacturing and production, just oil boom. Today, the price of crude oil is nothing to write home about but we're still on top. The question you should have asked yourself is, why? Because Buhari's economic policy restricted excessive importation and tried to make Nigerians look inward and produce as much as they could.

Lolz...you have even quoted me with your copied nonsense!!!

No no dey fear??
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by shadyLP(m): 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2020
[quote author=Okoroawusa post=97531914]I
This is how your mouth was when such senseless statement came out out from your sticky hickey smelly big mouth angry

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by ceaser: 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
Where is South Africa nau?
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by samdunzo: 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
we should be a trillion dollar economy with our population....
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by CSTRR: 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
authority2006:

Clown.
The oil sector does not account for the bulk of our GDP.

Crude oil, crude oil crude oil.
See your mouth like crude oil.

It was crude oil that asked Buhari to close border fie a year degrading our supply chains and creating unprecedented inflation since 1999?

It was crude oil that caused Emefiele to misfire with so many back and forth policies that were inimical to our economy?

You are not serious.

Keep blaming crude oil.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by CSTRR: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
Buhari closed our border and now opened it now at a whim.

If our national assembly was truly independent, they should have invited Buhari to come and tell the country the policy objectives he has accomplished with the closure.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by haffaze777(m): 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2020
I won't believe this until kola ologbodiyan confirm it

1 Like

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by authority2006(m): 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2020
nameo:

It is you who is the Ignoramus here. Not the chao you were quoting.

The share of oil and gas in 2014 rebasing was about 9%. It should even be lower than that by now.

The rebasing decreased the share of oil in the GDP of the country, so the high GDP after the rebasing could not have been due to "oil boom": it was due to bringing newer sectors like telecommunications to the calculations and also including income ans expenditure in the computations instead of just production

You guys should stop talking about oil prices. It is silly.

This Govt has retrogressed on every economic index. If it is a lie, i dare you to name just one in which there has been an increase. And that sort of performance isnt due to falling oil prices. Absolutely not

Just subtract 40 dollars from 96 dollars, that gives you 56 dollars on each barrel of crude oil. Multiply that by 2 million barrel being produced per day. Then multiply it by minimum of 340 days.
That gives you the difference between what Jonathan and Buhari made from the crude oil in 2014 and 2020. Yet, we're still on top concerning GDP

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by nameo: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2020
CSTRR:

Clown.

It was crude oil that asked Buhari to close border fie a year degrading our supply chains and creating unprecedented inflation since 1999?

It was crude oil that caused Emefiele to misfire with so many back and forth policies that were inimical to our economy?

You are not serious.

Keep blaming crude oil.

You dey mind dem.

Crude oil price kee dem there.

I get small time today. I ready for their nonsense today

2 Likes

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by BobbyZrealist(m): 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
Highest GDP In Africa.
GDP equal to Consumption + Investment + Govt.Expenditure (Export - Import). That is it,but

One of the Lowest in HDI(Human development Index) I.e
High infant mortality
High maternal mortality
High infant malnutrition
Low Life expectancy
High illiteracy
High inflation

Insecurity
Political instability
Poor infrastructure.
Etc
It is a perfect example of making more money and becoming poorer.
Countries who are far less richer are more developed than Nigeria.
Nigeria has been the biggest economy in Africa for the past 10 Years,but with the highest population of poor.
So of what use is the GDP?

4 Likes

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by authority2006(m): 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
CSTRR:

Clown.

You are not serious.

Keep blaming crude oil.
[/s]

Go and sleep, you have lost it. Don't you see it even from your response?
You dig up 2014 GDP but we told you 2014 GDP was as a result of Oil price boom, not that something spectacular happened in manufacturing sector
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by nameo: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
authority2006:

Just subtract 40 dollars from 96 dollars, that gives you 56 dollars on each barrel of crude oil. Multiply that by 2 million barrel being produced per day. Then multiply it by minimum of 340 days.
That gives you the difference between what Jonathan and Buhari made from the crude oil in 2014 and 2020. Yet, we're on top concerning GDP

What is your point, Mr man? Plzz tell me your point so i can respond to it? I only hope you umderstand what GDP means before that

I asked you to provide me a single economic index where there has an inprovemet since Buhari became President. Abi isnt "crude oil" that also caused that too

1 Like

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by authority2006(m): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2020
nameo:

What is your point, Mr man? Plzz tell me your point so i can respond to it? I only hope you umderstand what GDP means before that

I asked you to provide me a single economic index where there has an inprovemet since Buhari became President. Abi isnt "crude oil" that also caused that too

You should have asked IMF why we're still on top despite oil glut
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by nameo: 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2020
authority2006:

That gives you the difference between what Jonathan and Buhari made from the crude oil in 2014 and 2020. Yet, we're still on top concerning GDP

By tbe way, the crude oil prices between 2009 ans 2010 are closee to those in 2018 ans 2019.

Should we conpare the economic index between those 2 periods(Lets call it before and during Buhari).

Like i said, i am ready for you guys today.

I cant for the love of me understand how a normal human being can be ok with the nonsense happening in Nigeria in virtually all areas, talkless of the economy, today!!!

1 Like

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by Franking: 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2020
uptimumOne23:

Bad belle dey worry you

Chop largest economy na. As if we don't know better.
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by CSTRR: 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
authority2006:

Go and sleep, you have lost it. Don't you see it even from your response?
You dig up 2014 GDP but we told you 2014 GDP was as a result of Oil price boom, not that something spectacular happened in manufacturing sector
Nigeria's manufacturing sector performed much better in 2014 than now.

By a long mile.

You don't know what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by Franking: 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2020
SmartPolician:

First-to-commenters like you explain why Tinubu keeps appearing on threads his name shouldn't appear. Stick to the topic!

To the news now, I will tell anyone who cares to know that Nigeria's economy remains one of the biggest, not due to government's effort, because we have a massive population.

While some leading economies have employed innovation and massive government support to drive their economies, we just depend mainly on petrodollars from Niger Delta oil to drive our economy.

Little wonder Nigeria keeps borrowing to do virtually everything because crude prices plummeted.

Buhari has been shouting diversification since 2015, but he still uses Nigeria's little earnings to prospect for oil in the north. I don't understand that man.

Lastly, may God bless those Nigerians who constantly send FX home to their loved ones. If not for them, only God knows how much the naira will be exchanging today.

Those Nigerians sending money back home are mostly from.......! Definitely not the north. They are parasites on every level.
Re: IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World by nameo: 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2020
authority2006:

You should have asked IMF why we're still on top despite oil glut

Oil grut??

Do you know what an oil grut is??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

$430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB / Governor Abiodun Inspects The Ongoing Reconstruction Of Mowe-Ofada Road / BREAKING: DSS Withdraws From Dasuki’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.