Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage (16695 Views)

Politics Without Bitterness As Ganduje And Dawisu's Convoys Greet Each Other. / Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land / Aminu Ado Bayero Is New Emir Of Kano As Ganduje Approves Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Sonnobax15(m): 7:35am On Dec 30, 2020
shocked

Convert that 18k to dollars,you go shock....

1 Like

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by megareal: 7:36am On Dec 30, 2020
If he succeeds to do this, then other state governments will join him. Their MO is always to frustrate the masses.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Mikepenny5(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2020
Can he feed on 18k a month ? Wickedness
Wetin this Government to do 2021
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Skmoda360(m): 7:37am On Dec 30, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
grin Them never see anything.

Majority of them there voted for him.. So,they should enjoy the government, while it last..

Nigga got save some more dollars for himself, wetin concern agbero with over load..

1 Like

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by cjudy(m): 7:37am On Dec 30, 2020
EMXTAN1:
Ok... but oh mehn... Is it a crime to be born Nigerian?
Big Crime oooo
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by SlurUsername1: 7:39am On Dec 30, 2020
At least ganduje from the Backward north paid the 30k minimum wage before he reverted back to the former minimum wage due to financial constrains arising from oil windfall.
What are states like
Delta, Rivers, imo, abia, ebonyi, waiting for to implement the 30k minimum wage?
It is a shame that Even with the humongous earnings generated from sales of oil products, government is battling with payment of a meagre and abysmal sum of 30k, worse-still price of goods and services keep skyrocketing
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by gaskiyamagana: 7:40am On Dec 30, 2020
What is good for Sanusi Lamido must also good for Kano people. No noise, please
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by ggood: 7:40am On Dec 30, 2020
before nko what did you expect from Gandollar
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Blackdisciple(m): 7:42am On Dec 30, 2020
hmmm back ward ever
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Eriokanmi: 7:43am On Dec 30, 2020
Who no know say Gandollar na sycophant and buhari assliker. Money no dey again. Its high time all of them looked inwards to generate IGR that would be enough to take care of workers salaries because they'dbe disappointed if they expect much from the federal governmentin allocation. The money pumped to kano by this government via various cunning means is no more because recession is staring our economy in the face. Even the 18k, he wouldn't still pay regularly with the current situation. I see him slashing it aef. Na now banditry and terrorism go soar because Northern youths aren't as patient and as versatile as our people down south are. Here you see young techs and innovators thrive. The 10k trader moni they give them can't do anything again with the current inflation hitting our economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by mightyhazel: 7:44am On Dec 30, 2020
Sabadon:
Arre.wa how far?
That guy go soon flood everywhere with borrowed pictures of flyovers.. a unique mental disorder

1 Like

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by RapistOnBail: 7:44am On Dec 30, 2020
jumper524:
pension scheme in Nigeria should be scrapped.

Nigerian a country with high level of unemployment can't afford to be spending money on retireees.
retirees should be paid in full as gratitude and zero pension.
that way we would have more business men who'll use their gratuity wisely and in turn more employment.

people should know that our revenue ain't growing as much as our inflation.
if ganduge can pay that 18k min wage promptly then I'll say he's trying.

revenue has declined an we all know.

very few profit making govt organization in Nigeria.
from the police, army, civil defense, teachers e.t.c
they are all liabilities to the govt depending largely on govt subsidies.
Your head get oil.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Karlifate: 7:46am On Dec 30, 2020
Yamiriflathead:
At least ganduje from the Backward north paid the 30k minimum wage before he reverted back to the former minimum wage due to financial constrains arising from oil windfall.
What are states like
Delta, Rivers, imo, abia, ebonyi, waiting for to implement the 30k minimum wage?
It is a shame that Even with the humongous earnings generated from sales of oil products, government is battling with payment of a meagre and abysmal sum of 30k, worse-still price of goods and services keep skyrocketing

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 30, 2020
Anytime I see people cry or complain about the way politicians are acting I just laugh. Shey you guys voted them in and you believe power belongs to the people? Oya remove them na lol. Until Nigerians decide to stop playing the game of the politicians they will continue to suffer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Eriokanmi: 7:47am On Dec 30, 2020
Yamiriflathead:
What are states like
Even Lagos ,nothing dey happen. Na only lie sanwoolu dey lie in his usual habit. This is why I love obaseki
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by ignis: 7:47am On Dec 30, 2020
Very nice development.

Kano gave Buhari the highest vote in 2019.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by CocoaOla: 7:48am On Dec 30, 2020
I know since 2018 that the 30k 50k for coppers is not sustainable mumu Nigerians are happy and government devalue the Naira more increased fuel increase tax Nigerians are back to square one with inflation Nigerians are mumu
Our Government should have not take that step to devalue the Naira that much 250/per dollar is okay 18k will be manageable

1 Like

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by just2endowed: 7:49am On Dec 30, 2020
The man of the people
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Angelfrost(m): 7:51am On Dec 30, 2020
The most developed state in Nigeria cannot pay common minimum wage...

Lemme nor say what is on my mind!!! Let's wait to hear from the Publicity secretary of Kano state governor, who happens to be a top Nairalander: Alh. Arrewa!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by DoubleEngine007: 7:52am On Dec 30, 2020
mightyhazel:
That guy go soon flood everywhere with borrowed pictures of flyovers.. a unique mental disorder
grin
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by EmekaBlue(m): 8:03am On Dec 30, 2020
jumper524:

Nigerian a country with high level of unemployment can't afford to be spending money on retireees.
that way we would have more business men who'll use their gratuity wisely and in turn more employment.

ministry workers are d biggest liability ever especially some dead ministry that ought to be scrapped... Like my gf go to work anytime she likes and has been receiving salary over 100k even during d initial lockdown.

1 Like

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Yujin(m): 8:03am On Dec 30, 2020
jumper524:

Lol. Una go patch and patch until una go even start patching human beings. A time will come some will suggest people be killed in huge numbers just so they can have more money to themselves.
Imagine you saying a paltry #18,000 is fine due to the current state of things as though the fault is that of the average person out there struggling to survive. $36 a whole month for a family.... Chai. If Nigeria can be like this, I wonder how hell will be. Even gala hawkers make more than that in a month.
Tufiakwa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by SocialJustice: 8:06am On Dec 30, 2020
Ugliest governor in Nigeria.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 30, 2020
Pure evil
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Luckydubby7(m): 8:11am On Dec 30, 2020
After increasing everything
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Drsmartphilips: 8:15am On Dec 30, 2020
jumper524:

they dont even pay gratuity
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by jumper524(m): 8:26am On Dec 30, 2020
Yujin:

Lol. Una go patch and patch until una go even start patching human beings. A time will come some will suggest people be killed in huge numbers just so they can have more money to themselves.
Imagine you saying a paltry #18,000 is fine due to the current state of things as though the fault is that of the average person out there struggling to survive. $36 a whole month for a family.... Chai. If Nigeria can be like this, I wonder how hell will be. Even gala hawkers make more than that in a month.
Tufiakwa!
when you work to generate that amount, you can demand that amount.
I said again, majority of govt institution are liabilities who depend of govt subsidies to run.

Organization apart from security should be dependent on oil and tax revenue but in Nigeria, the reverse is the case.

We are only good at demanding and very poor at generating.

How many states can pay workers today talk more of pensioners??

Very few.
You can't give what you don't have.
Nigeria is all ready a poor country and my advise to people is to stop depending on govt revenue.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by udemzyudex(m): 8:32am On Dec 30, 2020
jumper524:

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by jumper524(m): 8:34am On Dec 30, 2020
Charmingrascal:
Kano is one of the States in Nigeria that gets the highest Federal allocation and the State generate whole lots of money internally.

Now this thief who became famous for stocking dollars in his babariga is suffering the masses.

They want changiii they should enjoy it.
fed allocation is based on the states revenue to the govt, that's why south south received highest due to oil.
On the other hand Kano strength of faac is their labour force.
They have massive population and labour force.
Yet they can still pay salary and pensioners.
I'm sure the reverse is the case in bayelsa which has very little labour force and still have higher faac that Kano yet can't pay their few workers talk more of pensioners.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Yujin(m): 8:46am On Dec 30, 2020
jumper524:
when you work to generate that amount, you can demand that amount.
I said again, majority of govt institution are liabilities who depend of govt subsidies to run.

Organization apart from security should be dependent on oil and tax revenue but in Nigeria, the reverse is the case.

We are only good at demanding and very poor at generating.

How many states can pay workers today talk more of pensioners??

Very few.
You can't give what you don't have.
Nigeria is all ready a poor country and my advise to people is to stop depending on govt revenue.
You're correct though. However, the reality is that I see nothing positive in the nearest future in terms of revenue generation on the local level. I blame it on the corrupt leaders who themselves have never been productive all their lives. What does that tell you? Bigger problems are yet to come. The killings today are very small compared to the one to come. Brace up everyone.
Those who believe that they are productive and can do more must plan on breaking away so they move forward. Staying back in Nigeria with the same unproductive set of people leading the front will always end in disaster. The Nigerian society has been corrupted with easy oil money. In the absence of such free flow, it is almost impossible to manage her with less insecurity occasioned by the extreme poverty that will set in. The competition for scarce resources just got started. What will happen in Nigeria will be far more compared to what happens in the jungle. Isn't this very clear to all?

1 Like

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by AMvanquish: 8:48am On Dec 30, 2020
Realtord43:
grin

Gaduje, not surprise!
Kano electorate should know better when the voted him twice.

Anyway>
Twitter and facebook acct for sale. 08131845524

That 2nd election was not voting. It was conclusive rigging.

I keep telling people the Only thing going for Kano in Ganduje's government is building Flyovers and selling plots of land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter / FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment / Chibok Girls Campaigners Storm Aso Rock Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.