Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage (16694 Views)

Politics Without Bitterness As Ganduje And Dawisu's Convoys Greet Each Other. / Tinubu Storms Ibadan As Ganduje Is Installed Aare Fiwajowe Of Ibadan Land / Aminu Ado Bayero Is New Emir Of Kano As Ganduje Approves Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Elsueno: 8:52am On Dec 30, 2020
jumper524:
pension scheme in Nigeria should be scrapped.

Nigerian a country with high level of unemployment can't afford to be spending money on retireees.
retirees should be paid in full as gratitude and zero pension.
that way we would have more business men who'll use their gratuity wisely and in turn more employment.

people should know that our revenue ain't growing as much as our inflation.
if ganduge can pay that 18k min wage promptly then I'll say he's trying.

revenue has declined an we all know.

very few profit making govt organization in Nigeria.
from the police, army, civil defense, teachers e.t.c
they are all liabilities to the govt depending largely on govt subsidies.

What are you talking about? , The pension does not come out of thing air, it's being taken from thier monthly salaries while they are working.

And incase of the security outfits, If only they will recruit based on merit and provide adequate security. The country will generate more revenue. But with thier poor services currently and incompetent personal who can't even confront criminals and terrorists effectively. They are nothing but a liability.

A secure environment brings more Investment both FOREIGN AND LOCAL. WHICH IN Turn creates more firms, more firms means more employees. and then Government earn more revenue from taxing both employees and firms. BUT OUR LEADERS ARE TOO STUP#D to understand something so simple. But only Oil, loot and loot
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by sulaak(m): 8:52am On Dec 30, 2020
I don't support Ganduje and I think that he is a vile and corrupt individual, but this is economic reality. Nigeria must slash the cost of government including the salaries of the government executives and NASS.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Kepler453: 8:58am On Dec 30, 2020
jumper524:

Nigerian a country with high level of unemployment can't afford to be spending money on retireees.
that way we would have more business men who'll use their gratuity wisely and in turn more employment.

Then He should have looked for a way to bring investors to his state but the idiot was busy destroying beers that generate huge revenue. Just wait tillthere's restructure most of these northern states will suffer
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Psalmy2cute(m): 9:01am On Dec 30, 2020
Arrewa come and see grin grin your daddy don reduce your wage down to 18k.. I hope this will be enough to feed your 4 wives
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by gbagyiza: 9:10am On Dec 30, 2020
jumper524:

The problem is that the government is not sincere. If you see how this governors r mismanaging public funds, you will understand that they r just covering up. Most of the state governors r now operating contributory pension scheme where the employee n the employer contribute a certain amount as pension for the employee to fall back at when he retires. Now they r even looking for a way to borrow the whole pension funds from pencom. They r just evil
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by maiquel: 9:14am On Dec 30, 2020
Arrewa...
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2020
Our government are just useless, can't they slash other things. Must it be minimum wage.

His his own salaries slashed, we are just hypocritical
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by mushystuff: 10:04am On Dec 30, 2020
Yamiriflathead:
At least ganduje from the Backward north paid the 30k minimum wage before he reverted back to the former minimum wage due to financial constrains arising from oil windfall.
What are states like
Delta, Rivers, imo, abia, ebonyi, waiting for to implement the 30k minimum wage?
It is a shame that Even with the humongous earnings generated from sales of oil products, government is battling with payment of a meagre and abysmal sum of 30k, worse-still price of goods and services keep skyrocketing

People are groaning, seriously affected by the unilateral deduction of earned salaries/allowances, you are busy looking for how to compare and contrast. Are you normal like this?
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by taju4free(m): 10:06am On Dec 30, 2020
jumper524:

so the teacher who trained you is a liability?
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by jumper524(m): 10:20am On Dec 30, 2020
Yujin:

You're correct though. However, the reality is that I see nothing positive in the nearest future in terms of revenue generation on the local level. I blame it on the corrupt leaders who themselves have never been productive all their lives. What does that tell you? Bigger problems are yet to come. The killings today are very small compared to the one to come. Brace up everyone.
Those who believe that they are productive and can do more must plan on breaking away so they move forward. Staying back in Nigeria with the same unproductive set of people leading the front will always end in disaster. The Nigerian society has been corrupted with easy oil money. In the absence of such free flow, it is almost impossible to manage her with less insecurity occasioned by the extreme poverty that will set in. The competition for scarce resources just got started. What will happen in Nigeria will be far more compared to what happens in the jungle. Isn't this very clear to all?
thanks for this.
the govt have messed up already that's what I want people to understand.
it's now left for us to keep wailing or maneuver our way out.

any visionary person knows that it'll only take a miracle for Nigeria to get back on track.
all the bad things happening in the country now are very minimal compared to what's coming.

I don't rely on miracles though.
may God help us as we manuever our way out or provide the much needed miracle.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by EMXTAN1(m): 10:42am On Dec 30, 2020
cjudy:

Big Crime oooo

Its well ooo... May God continue to help us
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by chaloskyx: 11:00am On Dec 30, 2020
AND HOW COME THERE IS NO MINIMUM WAGE FOR ALL THESE POLITICIANS SEF YOU ALL KNOW HOW TO REDUCE PEOPLES PAY DUE TO LACK OF MONEY BUT YOU WOULD NEVER THINK OF REDUCING YOUR OWN SALARY
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Angrymode: 11:26am On Dec 30, 2020
Sabadon:
Arrewa how far?

AREWA is on voicemail on this one but just anyone dare criticize Muhammed or Buhari, they will be everywhere like mosquitoes.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by ogubolokento(m): 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2020
Kano workers are not happy oil rich Rivers State can't pay 30 k minimum wage close to 1yr now especially those at the local govt don't even have direction.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Absoj(m): 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
They are the electorates who voted for him. Now is the time to reap the benefits.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by ebere89(f): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2020
After series of meetings with the organised labour, an agreement was reached that the state government should continue the payment of the N30,600 minimum wage, but would slash the arrears from January to May
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by tonyson010(m): 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
bishopkay:
There's rice in kano please so they should keep shut!
By now they should be Learning that it takes more than propaganda to actually lead

Well said.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Abdogood(m): 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2020
Na u nau vote ham back. Enjoy it well well.
Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by hexenbiest: 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2020
This is so disheartening, the cost of living is increasing on a daily, while salary remains constant and at an all time low, there is no better time to save than now, and with i-nest you enjoy 10% monthly interest on your savings.

Re: Kano Workers, Pensioners Groan As Ganduje Reverts To ₦18,000 Minimum Wage by Melaninprincess(f): 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2020
I'm just here thinking if I'll be able to save with FCMB if I'm earning 18k. If you want to save too, follow my signature

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Odumosu: Magodo Brooks Estate Leadership In Crisis Over Apology Letter / IBB I Would Put On My Uniform If This Country Heads Towards Disintegration? / FG Cancels Controversial Immigration Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.